CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok Cnn this is starting to emerge. WIfe of killed guy who had intense conflict with shooter is being verifing by her.

she stated yes she thought her husband would argue about some of those issues

Farook and one of the co-workers he killed, 52-year-old Nicholas Thalasinos, had a heated conversation about Islam, according to Kuuleme Stephens, a friend of the victim two weeks ago.

The guy was of the Jewish faith.

Stephens said she happened to call Thalasinos while he was talking with Farook at work. She said Thalasinos told her Farook "doesn't agree that Islam is not a peaceful religion."

He was killed. She heard Farook counter that Americans don’t understand Islam, and Thalasinos responded by saying “I don’t know how to talk with him."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-victims-reported-in-San-Bernardino-live.html

There is the potential for a lot of personal conflict there.

I think we should move on to the this is terrorsim and quit pondering if it is mixed

It's my view that any mass attack on innocent civilians is terrorism. I would view school shootings as terrorism, workplace shootings, etc. The end result is the same. It makes people scared and on edge. It can cause anxiety and a behaviour changes when people consider choices involving spending time in a public space, school, workplace, or a public event.

I understand there must be official definitions out there used by government agencies and researchers, but it's the same. If we want to distinguish we just need an adjective in front of terrorism.

....looking at this from the outside it's very disturbing that it has not been declared officially as a terrorist attack because that is what it is ......all the signs are there, what more does it need apart from a declaration from ISIS...

It's my view that any mass attack on innocent civilians is terrorism. I would view school shootings as terrorism, workplace shootings, etc. The end result is the same. It makes people scared and on edge. It can cause anxiety and a behaviour changes when people consider choices involving spending time in a public space, school, workplace, or a public event.

I understand there must be official definitions out there used by government agencies and researchers, but it's the same. If we want to distinguish we just need an adjective in front of terrorism.

I agree. Every mass shooting or targeted attack results in anxiety and fear. They have different motivations and might operate individually or as part of a larger group, but the method and result is the same.

I got the impression was one was killed in car and another on street

Yes, he tried to run off, and was shot nearby. She died in the car, and they went up to it with a hook behind a big shield and used it to pull her out after a while- and also a tarp that was in there. There is footage where you see her spill out, just her head really. For a long time they had their car surrounded by tanks and sharpshooters ducked behind them. because they weren't sure she was dead, and had a rifle, they were also concerned about bombs and suicide belts.

....looking at this from the outside it's very disturbing that it has not been declared officially as a terrorist attack because that is what it is ......all the signs are there, what more does it need apart from a declaration from ISIS...

totally, i think the are trying to roll it out slowly casue then all the stories are gonna be how did we not have more "on" them

totally, i think the are trying to roll it out slowly casue then all the stories are gonna be how did we not have more "on" them

Does it matter though? They need to gather their evidence and check all the boxes before they can officially declare it's terrorism, but we know. Did they say the shooting at Planned Parenthood was terrorism yet? Will they ever? We know it was.

The FBI was investigating the shootings as a potential act of terrorism but reached no firm conclusions Thursday, said a U.S. official briefed on the probe. Separately, a U.S. intelligence official said Farook had been in contact with known Islamic extremists on social media. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the investigation publicly.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-03-07-48-52

bbm

....i agree but add to that the public pressure to politically react may not be needed at this moment....

I heard a Homeland Security guy on KFI radio, named Mike Baker, with an interesting theory. He said that when the shooter put his info out on the dating websites, he was probably targeted by Extremists because he had several things they look for. He was a Sunni with American citizenship, a good government job, liked to target practice, and he was looking fir a wife.

Interesting- because they actually do recruit women to be wives all the time, this makes sense. Whether they are getting European women to convert to Islam, or promising jihadis a supply of infidel women to rape too. They have been using women as a lure all along, to get other men to join. Looks like some of them aren;t told this up front. Have heard not all suicide bombers know what the plan is, and think they're just making phone calls and boom.

I agree that the public doesn't have the right to know ALL the facts during an active investigation. I don't expect to have ALL the facts right away. But I also don't expect to be led to believe that the FBI didn't have a clue about the country of origin of a dead suspect who is in this country on a K1 visa. That's ludicrous, IMO.

I would have to be a complete idiot to believe that the Feds didn't know where Malik was from when they were asked last night by reporters. I suspect that many MSM viewers who heard that disinfo last night lapped it up without question. I did not.

IMO, there was no reason for the FBI/LE/investigators to withhold that info.

If I'm misled/allegedly lied to about anything, it causes me to suspect everything.

If we disagree as to the alleged reasons for withholding that info, I'll let it go.

Would you prefer to have misinformation then have LE say at a later date, whoops we got this wrong. Would that be better than to have all the facts correct to begin with. What would you want, so they have the visa information but is it correct? I want to know it all now, but I want good info so I'll wait until it gets here.

If they knew how to point a gun and pull a trigger, shooting a gathering of innocent people , would require the expertise needed to shoot fish in a bowl. imo.

I disagree, the shooter would have to practice. It might be easy to shoot a couple of people with a handgun at close range but going after large groups with a rifle? Not as easy.

First off if the group comes at the shooter (instead of staying put passively) they could easily be overwhelmed. Secondly swapping out magazines on an AR quickly would definitely require some practice. Firing a rifle is loud, the weapon kicks, it can jam, it is tricky to reload under pressure, if the magazines are fully loaded they can be very difficult to insert etc...

Thirdly the guns were ILLEGAL in California. Not sure why that isn't being mentioned anywhere, I have to think it serves some agenda.

They clearly used 30 round magazines (illegal in CA) and I don't believe for one moment that the guns had a bullet button. Even if they did they surely had an illegal attachment on the outside allowing for a quick magazine change.

I hope this sends a message to future and pending attackers. If you attack us here on our own turf, the cops are going to gun you down and watch you bleed out on national television. It's not a very dignified way to end your life.

Of course, as twisted up and backwards thinking as these guys are, they may view it as the perfect way to go out. I can only wish that police dog had gone over there and lifted a leg on him while he was lying on the ground. A fitting end to a useless a$$^%le.

Apparently shooting out of a speeding vehicle takes a skill set

I sure dont know but i think there would be kickback when shooting one of A15's. I think one of us picking one up (yuk they are just ugly) and firing I think we would fall over

Obviously they have been playing with them before ....imo

There is very little kickback to a AR15, of course I'm used to a shotgun. The AR15 shoots a relatively small round, it's not like the old M1.

Would you prefer to have misinformation then have LE say at a later date, whoops we got this wrong. Would that be better than to have all the facts correct to begin with. What would you want, so they have the visa information but is it correct? I want to know it all now, but I want good info so I'll wait until it gets here.

I don't think people want all the details but we don't want a motive being covered up to serve a political agenda.

That is the real concern here. If it was an act of terrorism then the government needs to say that and not play games. Right now many people are upset over ME immigrants being brought in without thorough background checks, being secretive about terrorist attack of this magnitude would make many people VERY unhappy.

I disagree, the shooter would have to practice. It might be easy to shoot a couple of people with a handgun at close range but going after large groups with a rifle? Not as easy.

First off if the group comes at the shooter (instead of staying put passively) they could easily be overwhelmed. Secondly swapping out magazines on an AR quickly would definitely require some practice. Firing a rifle is loud, the weapon kicks, it can jam, it is tricky to reload under pressure, if the magazines are fully loaded they can be very difficult to insert etc...

Thirdly the guns were ILLEGAL in California. Not sure why that isn't being mentioned anywhere, I have to think it serves some agenda.

They clearly used 30 round magazines (illegal in CA) and I don't believe for one moment that the guns had a bullet button. Even if they did they surely had an illegal attachment on the outside allowing for a quick magazine change.

I think a big part of the reason the shooter went to the Xmas party was to make sure there wasn't any armed guards present at the party so that him and his insane wife could go in there with guns blasting and not encounter any resistance.

Dropping one clip out and popping in another is about a 3-5 second process. If you know that no one is armed, and that there were no security personal present, then exchanging clips isn't going to be a big deal, seeing how there isn't anybody that is going to return fire on you.

These people are just cowards, their method of attacking unarmed people is proof of it. If someone in that room could have pulled out their own 9 mm pistol, these two sh $#%^%cks would have been dead at the scene. That's what happens when nobody is armed except for the bad guys.

Dropping one clip out and popping in another is about a 3-5 second process. If you know that no one is armed, and that there were no security personal present, then exchanging clips isn't going to be a big deal, seeing how there isn't anybody that is going to return fire on you.

My comment was in response to someone saying "no training required". If someone hadn't been trained swapping out magazines during a mass shooting would not be easy, and in fact could become a huge problem (especially with a 30 round mag) if someone had never practiced.

The woman had training.

I did read that one man ran to his office and retrieved a .45, the shooters never came after him so he never used it.

There is very little kickback to a AR15, of course I'm used to a shotgun. The AR15 shoots a relatively small round, it's not like the old M1.

Thanks for the info on the kickback. I was wondering about that. I have shot a shotgun and hand guns and always ask about the kickback before I shoot. I don't like surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck