2015.12.01 Sievers' husband hired killers, investigation shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be mistaken, but I thought one of the mods (Beach?) requested earlier yesterday we refrain from speaking about the kids anymore. Does this pertain to the DCF discussion as well?

I'm 98% certain my security company showed me how to do this from a my computer when they were installing the system. I've never done it but I remember them mentioning it while we were going over the settings on the computer.

Going to bump my own post. I played around with our online account last night. Yes you can change the settings online BUT the system must be deactivated. It's an adt system. Who knows what happened with the code, but I would assume if someone changed something online, it would be traceable.

I may be mistaken, but I thought one of the mods (Beach?) requested earlier yesterday we refrain from speaking about the kids anymore. Does this pertain to the DCF discussion as well?

We can discuss what has been publicized in MSM but just please refrain from theorizing their deaths.

In reading the documents, it's clear that LE knew nothing about CWW before being notified on July 9 about a person with information about a CWW who might be involved. The CTW (certified testifying witness) was interviewed in IL July 10 and the plot started to unravel. IMO the CTW and AW's mother KM are the civilian heroes of this case. Without their early input, there would have been no immediate investigation in MO that later led JR's girlfriend TS to start putting things together and ask courageous questions.

I guess in a sick way we can be grateful to AW for mouthing off about being left behind while CWW went on a vacation. But thank goodness that the CTW, KM and her husband, and later Taylor, did not let loyalty to AW stop them from speaking up. Who knows how long this would have taken without their help?

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good people do nothing." Thankfully, good people came through.

*Cooperating testifying witness. And I agree with your post.

[video=twitter;672597704288043009]https://twitter.com/jessicalipscomb/status/672597704288043009[/video]

Actually, my (unlikely) hero in this tragedy is CWW's new wife AW, who, being shrewish and whiny, made certain CWW's business was known to anybody within shouting distance of her complaining self, and who put herself in the company of decent people, at least sometimes.

With respect for your opinion, I disagree about the hero part. The witness who came forward was a friend of AW's mom, who was visiting the home that night. I am thankful though, that the stars aligned that night, so that the right ears, were in the right place, heard the right thing at the right time-and that the witness did the right thing. JMO

I do think based on that convo at her mom's house, that AW had NO prior knowledge of what CWW was about to do. However, as soon as she learned the implications of her utterances, she immediately began recanting her statements-that's not hero behavior. JMO

Jimmy Ray Rodgers has got to know by now that he's not facing second degree murder charges in MO. I really hope he saves himself and sings like a bird. He is young- he's safe in federal custody away from CWW- what does he owe CWW or MS? Nothing. Talk JRR.

With respect for your opinion, I disagree about the hero part. The witness who came forward was a friend of AW's mom, who was visiting the home that night. I am thankful though, that the stars aligned that night, so that the right ears, were in the right place, heard the right thing at the right time-and that the witness did the right thing. JMO

I do think based on that convo at her mom's house, that AW had NO prior knowledge of what CWW was about to do. However, as soon as she learned the implications of her utterances, she immediately began recanting her statements-that's not hero behavior. JMO

Coastal was making a funny :D and like many funny things, it has a basis of truth!

I agree with you that AW had no clue.

From the beginning of what we knew and partly because of the whirlwind marriage, I thought of Strangers on a Train. I wonder if some time down the road, MS would have done the same for CWW. Gift CWW cash so he could make the payments on insurance on AW (since she was the workerbee in that relationship, too). She sounds easy enough to convince of a lot of things.

If I were her, I would wipe my brow and be grateful that CWW is in jail.

*Cooperating testifying witness. And I agree with your post.

Thanks for the agreement and the correction, Kate. I knew "certified" didn't sound right somehow. :doh:

I've been trying to catch back up by reading all the newly posted docs. Whew!

First of all, we all need to understand that these documents were not "leaked" by anyone, they were published in order to comply with the Florida Sunshine laws pertaining to discovery in a criminal case. So these are coming out due to the case against CWW.

As far as the timing of an arrest, I think LE has enough to arrest MS right now, and they know it. One of the reasons they might delay in arresting him is in the interest of turning up more evidence to make a stronger case against him - or AGAINST SOMEONE ELSE in addition to him. Once they arrest him, he will be in jail and won't be free to interact with any other potential perps. Plus the clock starts running on pesky things like "a speedy trial", etc.

Those of us who hang here at WS have seen cases where it took YEARS for the arrest of a perp. I would certainly hope this one will not take that long. I don't think it will.

I agree with some who have posted that there may be "another woman" involved in this case. There so often is with these types. That would not surprise me in the least. And it would not also surprise me for it to turn out to be someone who was close to both Mark and Teresa. Yes, even someone from the medical office. Ahem.

Some questions and some observations after all the document reading:

1.) Why did the murderers purchase two black towels at Walmart?

Dumb thing, but I am just curious as to what purpose anyone thinks these could have served. To drape over themselves in order to "become ninjas"? What?

2.) What is the "disability" of Curtis Wright?

His classmate.com posting about no longer working was worded to make it sound like he had retired early, as opposed to the truth that he is/was collecting disability benefits. (I'm pretty sure that the laws nowadays are such that an incarcerated person may not collect SS Disability benefits. It used to be they could, but that law got changed along the way.)

3.) Angela Wright was indeed pretty broke

The latest doc dump has her actual bank statements. This is a woman who at times had an $11 balance going in her checking account. Who opened the month with a balance of $58.00 and closed out the month with less than the opening balance. There was a $1500 deposit of a check from someone named "Mertz" and a check for $1350 notated as "1/2 Chelsea monument". It looks like someone contributed the money for her to pay for a gravestone for her daughter's grave.

Curtis Wright wasn't doing much better. While I did not encounter a bank account for him, there was a Visa card in his name he used to pay for the two car rentals. The card had a $500 credit limit, indicating either a very new card or someone with a poor credit rating.

3.) Where did the two $100 bills come from that the murderers used on the Florida trip? One at Walmart and the other at a gas station to pay for gas.

I'd suspect these came from MS as advance payment to fund the death trip. Out of his $40,000 cash stash. There was one text exchange in which MS was asking CW if he got a card that MS had sent. Something about MS "wanting to make sure nothing fell out". I think MS sent money and the burner phone to CW some time in May as an advance for the murder.

I agree with others that there are no geniuses in this crew. What we are seeing evidence of here is "the criminal mind". There is a reason we cannot understand how these people could do these things. The reason is that WE are not criminals. We do not think like they do. And that is a GOOD thing!

Some of the ironies are just striking. The Shomaker woman is told that her live-in is going to Florida to commit robberies and steal antiques. Since he will be gone, she has to go and stay at her mother's place because "they live in a high crime area". Sheesh! The boyfriend is one of the criminals IN the high crime area in which they live!

The number of people who were told of various crimes committed and did absolutely nothing was chilling to read. The number of people who would not give a statement to the police during their investigation was atrocious.

Again, we will hopefully NEVER understand these people. We should not even WANT to understand them. But we do need to know that such people exist.

AlwaysShocked ITA with your post and expect when MS is arrested there will be other arrests with him.

Hi CeaElle, I think Coastal was being sarcastic. That's how I read it. Definitely not a hero. BUT she did contribute a lot to the investigation, unwittingly...

Thank you for the information. Excellent information and it's easy to forget how many holes are left with the loss of a spouse. Always great to get it from someone in the business.

I think a lot of people just don't realize ALL of the costs of living and especially when children are involved. We've been saying this forever, that if women/wives/mothers were paid for all the work they do, it'd outstrip a lot of their husbands. One cost to add is childcare. There are so many little things in addition to the big things, too. Counseling or therapy needed for family if they go that route can be very expensive.

You've inspired me to sit down and make a list with DH of what would be required should either of us die sooner than expected.

BBM: Felicity, Do it, do it now. There are lots of free and low cost templates available on the internet. ALWAYS (IMO), if children are involved, carve out and place their portion in a minor's trust. No matter how much you and your spouse love each other! It's not about distrusting them, it's about bulletproofing monies meant to raise the kiddos. If all money is left to the spouse and that spouse remarries, it becomes part of the marital estate...and if something happens to that relationship, well...you get the picture.

First of all, we all need to understand that these documents were not "leaked" by anyone, they were published in order to comply with the Florida Sunshine laws pertaining to discovery in a criminal case. So these are coming out due to the case against CWW.

BBM SBM - And we have the documents because all these awesome websleuthers pitched in and paid for them! And our wonderful NIN and her helpers scanned them all in for us.

Thanks guys! You're awesome! :loveyou:

ETA: Bolded is a snipped quote from AlwaysShocked #950. I'm new at this :)

1.) Why did the murderers purchase two black towels at Walmart?

2.) What is the "disability" of Curtis Wright?

3.) Angela Wright was indeed pretty broke

The Shomaker woman is told that her live-in is going to Florida to commit robberies and steal antiques. Since he will be gone, she has to go and stay at her mother's place because "they live in a high crime area". Sheesh!

Great observations, thanks.

What jumped to mind with the black towels is they would not show blood.

IIRC information came from somewhere that his disability is fibromyalgia.

I have a bizarre ability to understand what's probably going on in the minds of other people, a kind of undesired empathy. Inevitably, it always comes down to one thing - they're entirely selfish and care only about "me and mine" (which includes my gf/spouse, my kids, my car, my brother from another mother, etc). Once they exclude someone from that circle of 'me and mine', they are capable of harming that person if they think the benefit is worth the risk.

Black towels don't show blood stains. Sit on them in the rental car, wipe themselves off, whatever. It's logical unlike many other illogical things in this case.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Hi CeaElle, I think Coastal was being sarcastic. That's how I read it. Definitely not a hero. BUT she did contribute a lot to the investigation, unwittingly...

I agree, her utterances started the ball rolling in Mo. Sorry that I missed Coastal's sarcasm, I'm usually a little quicker on the uptake! I'm feeling especially snarkey today, I miss my doctor, I'm having hot flashes, I cannot sleep and two local MDs will not write my compound meds...:tantrum:

It's horrifying how easily they could have gotten away with this if everyone would have just kept their mouths shut. In the cold cases/unsolved murders, I think a lot of people take it to their graves. BTW...I think JR will be eliminated at some point. CWW could probably call friends in low places in MO.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Interactive map of CWW and JR's movement & GPS searches June 27 - 29 according to the released docs, just in case it's of help to anyone. Done day by day to try make it less messy.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zaRwfXNaOn-w.kE-gyZwDj08g&usp=sharing

Some gaps, some best guesses, certainly not definitive.

Day by day screenshots, in case that's easier.
I still would like to know where they parked the rented Hyundai and walked to the house. If, in fact, they actually walked.
I wonder if that will be included in the docs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I still would like to know where they parked the rented Hyundai and walked to the house. If, in fact, they actually walked.

I am curious about this also. I live off of East Terry, and my sister lives off of Matheson, so I am very familiar with the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam