CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Americans see Muslims like any other group after California shooting

Just days after two Muslims were accused of gunning down 14 people in California, a Reuters/Ipsos poll shows 51 percent of Americans view Muslims living in the United States the same as any other community, while 14.6 percent are generally fearful.

In the first poll on views of Muslim Americans taken in the aftermath of the Paris and San Bernardino attacks, much of the division is partisan. Among Democrats, 60 percent said they view Muslims like any other community, compared with 30 percent of Republicans.

How Americans should treat Muslims, both those already living in the U.S. and those seeking to come to the country as refugees, became a divisive topic after ISIS claimed credit for killing 130 people in Paris and a Muslim couple is believed to have slaughtered 14 people and wounded 21 others in California.

More:https://english.alarabiya.net/en/pe...ny-other-group-after-California-shooting.html

No thank you. I'm not willing to allow a bunch of th-ugs thousands of miles away destroy America from within.

(wonder why the word th-ug is treated as a curseword here..)

You don't have to let them... ISIS is already here in every state.

ISIS PRESENT IN ALL 50 STATES, FBI DIRECTOR SAYS

In less than two years, ISIS has gone from a terror start-up overseas to what FBI Director James Comey calls a "chaotic spider web" in the US, with young Muslim men being radicalized in Illinois and the 49 other states.

snip

"Those people exist in every state. I have homegrown violent extremist investigations in every single state. Until a few weeks ago there was 49 states. Alaska had none which I couldn't quite figure out. But Alaska has now joined the group so we have investigations of people in various stages of radicalizing in all 50 states," Comey said.

FYI this is from 2/2015

Yes this is true. I believe lately people having started using it as a dog whistle word. In the past couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to let them... ISIS is already here in every state.

ISIS PRESENT IN ALL 50 STATES, FBI DIRECTOR SAYS

In less than two years, ISIS has gone from a terror start-up overseas to what FBI Director James Comey calls a "chaotic spider web" in the US, with young Muslim men being radicalized in Illinois and the 49 other states.

snip

"Those people exist in every state. I have homegrown violent extremist investigations in every single state. Until a few weeks ago there was 49 states. Alaska had none which I couldn't quite figure out. But Alaska has now joined the group so we have investigations of people in various stages of radicalizing in all 50 states," Comey said.

FYI this is from 2/2015

Do you think most Americans are aware of this?
I was discussing this with someone and they got a good chuckle. They are convinced
I am paranoid. Which, I'm not. Most days.

Most Americans see Muslims like any other group after California shooting

Just days after two Muslims were accused of gunning down 14 people in California, a Reuters/Ipsos poll shows 51 percent of Americans view Muslims living in the United States the same as any other community, while 14.6 percent are generally fearful.

In the first poll on views of Muslim Americans taken in the aftermath of the Paris and San Bernardino attacks, much of the division is partisan. Among Democrats, 60 percent said they view Muslims like any other community, compared with 30 percent of Republicans.

How Americans should treat Muslims, both those already living in the U.S. and those seeking to come to the country as refugees, became a divisive topic after ISIS claimed credit for killing 130 people in Paris and a Muslim couple is believed to have slaughtered 14 people and wounded 21 others in California.

More:https://english.alarabiya.net/en/pe...ny-other-group-after-California-shooting.html

Thanks for that reassuring article. Glad that a majority of Americans don't view an entire community of fellow Americans as suspicious because of their religious beliefs.

San Bernardino shooter's alleged Isis link: Obama's worst political nightmare

An unwavering focus on gun control in the wake of Wednesday’s shooting may leave the president in an uncomfortable and likely untenable position.

There is never a good time for a commander-in-chief to learn of a terrorist attack on the homeland, but confirmation that the FBI is investigating the mass shooting in San Bernardino as an act of terrorism and growing suspicion that at least one of the killers may have links to the Islamic State could hardly have come at a worse time politically for Barack Obama.

Just one week before Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik killed 14 Americans at an office Christmas party in California, the president responded to mounting fear of terrorism with unusually forthright reassurance for Americans to “go about their usual activities” during the US holiday season.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ng-isis-link-obama-foreign-policy-gun-control

I was discussing this with someone and they got a good chuckle. They are convinced

I think people that are woke know. :secret: Others, as someone said above, have their heads in the sand. jmo

I definitely don't think it's wrong to recognize that IS supporters are in all fifty states. They're everywhere I guess.

I just don't know what the solution should be, you know? Fighting against abstract things, like ideas, has never worked. And if we start treating middle eastern people as automatically suspicious, we'll end up leading people towards radicalization. Not being wary of threats will not help a bit either.

It's like a catch 22.

I guess we should remember most of our mass murders in the USA are from white men, various religions or no religion. But radicals are still a big threat. I see it getting worse, especially after Paris. Sadly I think some people viewed this as a victory, and want to do this again to feel powerful.

On CNN, terrorist woman brought baby in the world as a tool to bond the husband to her ideas. Female terrorists think they are making the world better for their child. Opposite of the normal mind.

Fighting against abstract things, like ideas, has never worked. And if we start treating middle eastern people as automatically suspicious, we'll end up leading people towards radicalization. Not being wary of threats will not help a bit either.

Not letting in thousands of un-vetted refugees would be a GREAT start, especially since they are coming from ISIS controlled areas.

If ISIS says they have infiltrated the refugee populations we should believe them. The Paris attacks proved they were in fact telling the truth.

On CNN, terrorist woman brought baby in the world as a tool to bond the husband to her ideas. Female terrorists think they are making the world better for their child. Opposite of the normal mind.

Imagine how screwed up you'd have to be to think like that. Poor kid, i hope she goes to a home that can shelter and protect her from all of this.

I definitely don't think it's wrong to recognize that IS supporters are in all fifty states. They're everywhere I guess.

I just don't know what the solution should be, you know? Fighting against abstract things, like ideas, has never worked. And if we start treating middle eastern people as automatically suspicious, we'll end up leading people towards radicalization. Not being wary of threats will not help a bit either.

It's like a catch 22.

I guess we should remember most of our mass murders in the USA are from white men, various religions or no religion. But radicals are still a big threat. I see it getting worse, especially after Paris. Sadly I think some people viewed this as a victory, and want to do this again to feel powerful.

bbm Well the way I see it is Terrorism, not mass murder. Cause I don't like lumping things together. Like I would not think it right to put rapist in the same pile of people accused of domestic violence. jmo

Yep, why buy clothes if you planned that day to be the attack? Maybe they got a good deal on cyber monday! smdh

ETA- It doesn't actually state their name was on it, could be the mom i guess!

It could have been something that was back-ordered or even for the baby. idk

Man didn't want to report many middle eastern men going into the garage because of being accused of racial profiling.................

To be quite candid, ISIS has proven themselves to be quite believable, they said they are here and more are coming, on the other hand the president hasn't, examples of this " ISIS is a jv team", "ISIS in contained", "US is safe against an ISIS attack".

bbm Well the way I see it is Terrorism, not mass murder. Cause I don't like lumping things together. Like I would not think it right to put rapist in the same pile of people accused of domestic violence. jmo

That's fair. I think a lot of terrorism happens from non Muslim groups though. I would have viewed planned parenthood shooting as terrorism. Shooter used political ideas as motivation for attack.

I'm not sure what the solution is. IS is a huge problem, and that group is barbaric. They hurt and kill tons of innocent Syrian people too, though, and I'm not sure blocking refugees is the solution. But it's not at all wrong to suggest it's possible terrorists could pose as refugees. Just thinking out loud, over how difficult the situation is.

Imagine how screwed up you'd have to be to think like that. Poor kid, i hope she goes to a home that can shelter and protect her from all of this.

her aunt & uncle are adopting her, IIRC...............??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks