CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I cant get this stupid detail out of my head. Xanax and whatever the other med was. If your committed to your cause/plan why does one need meds for anxiety? I must admit i did chuckle, a bit. Hard to wrap your head around these people.

For some reason I cant get this stupid detail out of my head. Xanax and whatever the other med was. If your committed to your cause/plan why does one need meds for anxiety? I must admit i did chuckle, a bit. Hard to wrap your head around these people.

The other med is used to treat ADD.

It strikes me as weird too. Were they old prescriptions? Did they want to be extra calm and focused while assembling pipe bombs? I don't get it either.

The other med is used to treat ADD.

It strikes me as weird too. Were they old prescriptions? Did they want to be extra calm and focused while assembling pipe bombs? I don't get it either.

I wonder who they were prescribed for. K- I will stop on this stupid detail lol

I have been reading along for days and agree with your post. I'm so glad we have someone level headed in office.
Some just want to rile the masses and I can see that they appeal to a certain group of people but I'll take brain over brawn any day.
This thread is so sad in more ways than one. Evolution is a great thing and I don't want to go back to waterboarding.
IMO
IMO
Water-boarding should be the least of their worries!

The search at the modest suburban home, the second in two days, took place as new details surfaced about Marquez, who officials say bought the DPMS and Smith & Wesson AR-15 rifles that Farook and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, used in the Dec. 2 rampage.

Marquez, who works as a Walmart security guard, checked himself into a mental health facility Friday; it is not yet clear whether he has already been questioned by authorities or if he will be charged.

------

One of his coworkers at Walmart, who asked to go only by his last name, Dandy, said Marquez had worked at the store only a few months.

When he heard about Marquez’s possible role in supplying the weapons used on Dec. 2, Dandy was shocked.

“I was just blown [away], man,” he said. “I couldn’t believe something like that could come here.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...table-main_sanbernardino-315pm:homepage/story

I'm trying to keep my imagination from running wild here.

The way you've described them they sound like the Muslims I've known. My guess is they didn't speak to anyone because they didn't know anyone there, maybe they were afraid of what people might say, and maybe they were being extra cautious because people were staring at them.

Why would the iPhones be weird?

I can say my Muslim students have still not returned to school. Perhaps it is because of cold and flu season. But I fear their families are lying low. It is awfully hostile around here towards Muslims.

I am calling them tonight to make sure everything is alright. 🙁

I was just channel surfing. One of the Lawyers for the Family David Chesley is speaking. Lordy!!!!! skip CNN. All I caught was Mom/Grandma never went into the garage. Oh that makes me believe she knew nothing. Not!

I can say my Muslim students have still not returned to school. Perhaps it is because of cold and flu season. But I fear their families are lying low. It is awfully hostile around here towards Muslims.

I am calling them tonight to make sure everything is alright. ��

How close are you to break? Have you heard of any harassment going on in your area?

I hope they're okay. Can they keep up with class from home?

Islam has grown not only in violence but also in repressive conservatism. This conservatism leads to the initial culture clash that can end in the "religious" person being attracted to extremism. That has been happening much more rapidly in Europe than in the US but that, to me, also cannot be ignored. There is no way the repressive ways of conservative Islam can co-exist in the long term with free and open democratic societies nor can conservative Muslims under the current understanding of Islam adapt to living in those societies. Again, to me, there needs to be a reformation involved. Addressing just the violence but not the underlying causation won't be an effective long term solution.

This is an interesting read. We need more of this!

How American Muslims Counter ISIS ‘Groomers’

http://www.nationaljournal.com/next...nt/how-american-muslims-counter-isis-groomers

I have noticed driving thru my city I really dont see any of our Muslim Community out and about. That has been so since the Paris attack. Maybe I am reading too much into it but I did note usual places and times I saw none.

Do you think the reason muslims fear speaking out against radical islam is because of ISIS?

Has anyone ever wondered if some, if not many, world leaders dream of and act as if there will come a day when they can run for the office/position of becoming the leader of all countries effectively the leader of the World at large?

I know I have. ;) :D

They'd all bicker too much... The countries that is...
But who would you pick as leader?
Is this the Goal that ISIS are aiming for. To have unprecedented rule over the whole world?
Their Caliphate states that they will draw all infidels and non believers to wage war with them in Syria. Yhst is what they want, to lure us into Raqqa.. To fight the last fight..And Islam will conquer the world...... blah blah blah. No disrespect to Allah.
Unfortunately as it's been seen in history. Many many times. You do not win respect of your people by fear.
You win them thru trust.
You win them with peace.
You win them with UNITY.
To work alongside our brother sister mother father friend and so on.
In mho

Islam has grown not only in violence but also in repressive conservatism. This conservatism leads to the initial culture clash that can end in the "religious" person being attracted to extremism. That has been happening much more rapidly in Europe than in the US but that, to me, also cannot be ignored. There is no way the repressive ways of conservative Islam can co-exist in the long term with free and open democratic societies nor can conservative Muslims under the current understanding of Islam adapt to living in those societies. Again, to me, there needs to be a reformation involved. Addressing just the violence but not the underlying causation won't be an effective long term solution.

I saw that happen first hand with the Catholic religion. When I was growing up, many families, like my own, felt it too conservative and repressive to abide by all of the strictures. Many families wanted to limit the amount of children. My grandmother had 10, but my mother wanted to stop at 3. There were thousands of good Catholic women that made the personal decision to go against their 'faith' and voluntarily limit their family size.

The same thing happened with homosexuality and the acceptance of our loved ones and family members. My very favorite cousin, and a much loved nephew and grandson, was GAY. And he was religious and kind and intelligent. We could not turn our backs on him just because the church wanted to label him in a negative way.

And the same with divorce. My Dad cheated on my mother with his secretary. And the priest wanted her to shut up and go back home and ACCEPT IT and be a dutiful, silent wife. She refused.

The Catholic Religion had to reform itself and accept that some people would have to divorce, and some would have to limit their number of offspring, and would have to welcome LGBT's into their fold. If they did not, their numbers would continue to plummet. And for the most part, they have done so, quietly, under the radar, accepted change. The pope has telegraphed some of that change himself recently.

And I believe that the Muslim faith is going to have to do the same.

Interesting, I have been following some Somali refugee investigations:

Six young Minnesota men have been charged with terrorism, accused of traveling or attempting to travel to Syria to join ISIS...The Minneapolis area is home to the largest concentration of Somali immigrants in the U.S. Since 2007, more than 22 young Somali men have also traveled from Minnesota to Somalia to join the militant group al-Shabaab.

“To be clear, we have a terror recruiting problem in Minnesota and this case demonstrates how difficult to put an end to recruiting here,” Luger said.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/04/20/more-information-expected-in-terrorism-investigation-arrests/

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/24/us/24terror.html

SOMALI 'REFUGEE' LINKED TO SAN BERNARDINO TERROR ATTACK

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/12/somali-r...bernardino-terror-attack/#jws9Jf3kBHxk58jb.99

fad, a la Duggars. Part of the whole homeschooling, home churching, no worldly influences, general kooky stuff. I find it scary and have followed stories of some kids, see Penningtons as an example, escaping and the problems they've had as they try to deal with the outside world and practical things like having no birth certificates. While kooky, I don't consider them dangerous to society while I do find them abusive to their children. They are small in numbers and mainstream Christianity does not advocate this kind of separation which makes sense as the historical Jesus was pretty down and dirty with the people.

Also many conservative Jewish communities, see Lakewood, Borough Park, Kiryas Joel and so on. These groups have always been this way and so it's not as new a thing. And there are sometimes issues that arise. But Jews don't want converts and they're not looking to impose Jewish law on non-Jews.

I acknowledge there's all kinds of groups with all kinds of oddities that I want nothing to do with. I don't want any religion in my government. But I can't dismiss Islam as I dismiss these other groups. Not based on bigotry, based on reality.

It was last January, after Charlie Hebdo that I started researching and learning. What I have learned has caused me to treat Islam differently in my thought process.Until I did research I thought treating Islam differently was crazy. Now I have a very different idea of what is crazy.

This is what I wrote last January when I first came around to this:

Excellent post!
Thankyou. Very informative and eye opening indeed. I agree the time to act is NOW.

Does this person have a source to back up the story, or is it opinion/rumour?

There are plenty of sources which speak about certain areas of France in which the population is 80% Muslim, most from foreign countries. Do you think that a low income area, with 80% Muslims from out of the country is going to be an area that would welcome the French Police into their neighborhood?

There are plenty of sources which speak about certain areas of France in which the population is 80% Muslim, most from foreign countries. Do you think that a low income area, with 80% Muslims from out of the country is going to be an area that would welcome the French Police into their neighborhood?

Do you have a link? I keep hearing about these No Go Zones yet no one can prove they exist. I posted several links debunking the story. Those "certain areas" are not what you think they are.

They'd all bicker too much... The countries that is...
But who would you pick as leader?
Is this the Goal that ISIS are aiming for. To have unprecedented rule over the whole world?
Their Caliphate states that they will draw all infidels and non believers to wage war with them in Syria. Yhst is what they want, to lure us into Raqqa.. To fight the last fight..And Islam will conquer the world...... blah blah blah. No disrespect to Allah.
Unfortunately as it's been seen in history. Many many times. You do not win respect of your people by fear.
You win them thru trust.
You win them with peace.
You win them with UNITY.
To work alongside our brother sister mother father friend and so on.
In mho

Hi Gigi.

I have to say I just could never support any World prez type of scenario--Hell, I am a Constitutionalist so naturally I am in favor of states rights and minimal Federal power and size, there is just no way I believe it is okay for one individual to rule the entirety of mankind.

Yes--on what ISIS wants, hence my post.

I can't help but think that there are those who believe that a global islamic state could be realized one day which will need a well spoken, tolerant, wise, and well respected leader to control and oversee it at a worldwide level, or there will be a need for the very same type of person to defeat a global islamic state.

I personally believe that this will not happen but when leaders are dishonest, unresponsive and very powerful I guess anything is possible.

ITA that the way to lead people is to build trust through honesty, freedom, fairness, and equality which is unifying.

Do you think the reason muslims fear speaking out against radical islam is because of ISIS?

I just think they believe what ever they say at the moment they will be challenged.
My friends in Kurdistan think that ISIS are evil pigs. That they are nothing but drugged up ****s who walk the other way if they're not high on cocain. They pick on the weak. Elderly and girls. And they smell. Like cow sh**. Any self respecting Muslim takes cleanliness as part of life as much as prayer. Not seeing them pray much or read passages from the Qur'an.
The Kurds have currently taken back land ISIS claimed. And will not be beaten. InshAllah.

We have "No Go" zones here in Boston. MSM won't be telling you that though...They don't have huge "No Go" signs marking the areas, but even if you weren't from around here, you'd know it if you accidentally wandered into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee