Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #67 *Appeal Verdict*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ruthmaclean 37m37 minutes ago
As Nel, the prosecutor, says: "We have a convicted murderer applying for bail" – there is a tiny shake of the head from #OscarPistorius

I really don't understand this. Both the denfence and State agree strict house arrest and the judge looks like he is going to overrule them both.

the 'agreement' seemed very flimsy once they got into discussion... nel was soon mentioning that they could have opposed bail.

Anyone got a live link I have missed it, just catching up with the BBateman tweets

@ruthmaclean 37m37 minutes ago
As Nel, the prosecutor, says: "We have a convicted murderer applying for bail" – there is a tiny shake of the head from #OscarPistorius

it might have been a tiny movement, but it was repeated shaking of his head...

OP already looked confident of victory as he stepped into the bench, IMO.

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan · 26m26 minutes ago
State and defense have agreed that #OscarPistorius will return to court on 18 April - to update court on progress of Concourt appeal @eNCA

I hope Nel remains strong as he is being manipulated IMO. Somebody said Nel appeared to be nervous. Is that correct?

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan · 1m1 minute ago
#OscarPistorius lawyers expected to argue state appealed Judge Masipa factual findings, not legal ones. You can only appeal legal findings

the 'agreement' seemed very flimsy once they got into discussion... nel was soon mentioning that they could have opposed bail.

The judge had said almost at the very start that he was not bound by any agreement between the DT and PT.

Why didn't nel fight to have bail revoked until oscar appeal case comes up.

David Dadic ‏@DavidDadic 4 Std.Vor 4 Stunden
Just to be clear I said OP would go to Const. Court, which it seems he is, but I certainly never said he would be successful.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 12 Min.Vor 12 Minuten
#OscarPistorius Roux: asks for bail pending appeal application to the ConCourt. If unsuccessful it returns to high court for sentencing. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 13 Min.Vor 13 Minuten
#OscarPistorius Roux to ensure unopposed bail, defence accepted that Pistorius will remain at the house. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 13 Min.Vor 13 Minuten
#OscarPistorius Ledwaba asks why the condition that Pistorius permitted to leave house be changed - the state asked for this. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 15 Min.Vor 15 Minuten
#OscarPistorius Roux: Pistorius is willing to subject himself to electronic monitoring. BB

re: bold
is this the correct order???? how long does the appeal to cc take to set up/carry out... i thought he was due for sentencing in jan/feb.

as predicted defence delay mode... during which time op gets to stay in the wrong big house.

Bail of £10k rand? PLEASE someone tell me that is a mis print!That's £500?! How is that a disincentive to fugitive fleeing!
@karynmaughan 45m45 minutes ago
#OscarPistorius states in affidavit that he doesn't have the money to afford more than R10000 bail @eNCA

He doesn't have more than 10KRand at his disposal yet has the access to resources to have 3 legal staff here today and a team working on an appeal.

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan 8m8 minutes ago
#OscarPistorius will be granted bail. Question is: under what conditions? Judge Ledwaba will rule shortly @eNCA

don't they have incredibly lax bail rights , historically in SA? That's why he has got it again

So disgusted that the CS was just Saturdays.
Interesting to find he was free in his movements 7-12! 5 hours a day, that's nice for him.
On what planet could any of this, in total, be akin to incarceration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member