CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muslim Mantra Proclaims Islam and Muslims Are Real Victims of Paris and San Bernardino Attacks

As was the case with the 9/11 attacks, we hear in the aftermath of the Paris and San Bernandino attacks a two-pronged Muslim mantra reverberating throughout the Western world. This mantra justifies the attacks while claiming the real victims are not those killed and wounded but, rather, Islam’s followers suffering the West’s Islamophobic wrath.

This mantra is sung by those recognizing political correctness in western democracies trumps reality. As such, it enables Islam to escape closer scrutiny and its followers to avoid accountability for the hatred it promotes.

In 2011, New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani got a taste for this mantra from a senior member of the Saudi royal family, Prince Alwaleed bin Talai. The prince had sent a check for $10 million to the Twin Towers Fund to aid victims of the attacks.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributio...-victims-of-paris-and-san-bernardino-attacks/

ETA: about the author of above:
Lieutenant Colonel James Zumwalt is a retired Marine infantry officer who served in the Vietnam war, the 1989 intervention into Panama and Desert Storm. An internationally acclaimed best-selling author, speaker and business executive, he also currently heads a security consulting firm named after his father—Admiral Zumwalt & Consultants, Inc.
He writes extensively on foreign policy and defense issues, having written hundreds of articles for various newspapers and magazines, including USA Today, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Washington Times, The LA Times, The Chicago Tribune, The San Diego Union, Parade magazine and others. His articles have covered issues of major importance, oftentimes providing readers with unique perspectives that have never appeared elsewhere. This has resulted, on several occasions, in his work being cited by members of Congress and entered into the US Congressional Record.

This is their game, to claim discrimination, to demand more, to turn it all around for their benefit. I'm sorry to say, even clock boy, who reassembled a clock to look suspicious, then became a hero for creating a disturbance in school, is asking for 15 million dollars. Hello, they are relocated to Kuwait, it should be heaven for the family. I hope the town, school district, whoever is named lets it go to court. No twelve jurors in Tx will agree to this.
I have no problem with muslims, as long as they are not violent or try to push their ways onto others that are not interested.
All this PC crap is getting old. Let's all speak the truth as we see it. If it is what is heard, Hillary will change her tune quickly, anything to get elected.
I never thought as highly of Mayor Rudy Giuliani , as when he handed that check back!

Great article
This event may be what secures a win for Trump or Cruz.

If we insist on political correctness we are contributing to our own downfall. I'm certainly not sure if either Trump or Cruz could solve our current problem but all the bozos of both parties currently in Washington are not doing anything positive. All they can do is fight among themselves.

If we insist on political correctness we are contributing to our own downfall. I'm certainly not sure if either Trump or Cruz could solve our current problem but all the bozos of both parties currently in Washington are not doing anything positive. All they can do is fight among themselves.

I don't know if than can solve our problems but I don't think they can make them any worse.

My opinion is- it's Biblical.

Surprised to see so many here still think its a good idea to continue to allow immigration of muslims and just hope for the best.
Wonder why the other muslim/arab countries aren't taking any of these refugees? My understanding is none are going to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc..
They are the same religion. If I have to go somewhere, I wish to be with my own, UNLESS I have another agenda.

Wonder why the other muslim/arab countries aren't taking any of these refugees? My understanding is none are going to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc.

Interesting article on the real complicated reasons why SA is not taking in more than tha half a million already there.

big part of it is like is: let pretend us and Canada are in full war. We would not folks fleeing our bombs coming to us . SA is in a war with some of those folks over there- it has very little to do with refusing to take refugees that might be "terrorits'......

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-09-04/why-don-t-gulf-states-accept-more-refugees-

I have seen them on Sundays and at 8 at night.. just never backed into someones driveway. lol It just surprised me, I don't think anything is going on.

Lots of people who sell online and do click-and-ship, have a mail-truck load to pickup. (or they ordered that many pkgs to be delivered) so the driver probably backed in just for ease of loading/unloading. Some locations we go to daily or on a set schedule of once or twice a week.

Defiant hope amid the darkness of the San Bernardino terrorist attack

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-defiant-hope-20151207-story.html

Very moving and uplifting, imo.

"As the killers sprayed the room with bullets, Shannon Johnson wrapped his left arm around a co-worker, 27-year-old Denise Peraza, and shielded her, saying, “I got you.” One bullet hit Peraza in the back, but Johnson took most of the shots. Later, Peraza’s sister would write about Johnson on her Facebook page, saying, “This angel of a man was sitting next to my sister when the shooting happened. He helped protect her from the bullets and we are so grateful for his heroic love.”

Heroic love is what Bacon was describing in church Sunday night. It is what can inspire us all to confront the darkness of our time. It is the foundation of hope, but it demands of us one tough duty. That duty is to pledge to one another, no matter what our politics or religion or race or social standing, “I got you.”
rbbm.

rsbm

Would you say the same about conservative Christianity or Judaism?

Can a democratic society like the US, with religious freedom being protected by the First Amendment, prohibit such religious beliefs and still call itself a democratic society that honors the rights and freedoms enshrined in the Constitution?

But Islam is not just a religion. It is a political system. Muslims are commanded to establish an Islamic state. And I would have the same issue with any religion that doesn't permit church/state separation. There are already Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia that I would never live in.

I have heard no call by other religions to establish religion based states or Christian countries that are imposing Old Testament based physical punishments. I think all fundamentalists are nuts. But all are not equally dangerous. It is easy to dismiss any attempt to distinguish anything as mere bigotry instead of reality if you haven't taken the time to research the substance.

Islam is already hurting many people, primarily women and children and in much more extreme ways than fundamentalist Christians or Orthodox Jews who merely separate themselves do. I have problems with all of it as repressive and oppressive but the extent of harm is different. FGM, honor killing, forcing women to cover, prohibiting women from education & travel-these, to me, are not merely religious practices that we are obligated to accept as neutral.

Muslims aren't "bad". But Islam has been hijacked and is greatly in need of a reformation. There are many Muslim & ex-Muslim voices who agree on this. In general, Christians & Jews move to more liberal positions while Islam has been caught up in a backwards cycle. It needs correction.

Yes, it is much easier to say Muslims are just like us and end there feeling good and righteous. But that will condemn many people, mostly Muslims, to lives of suffering and death. Why can't we acknowledge there is a problem that needs to be addressed? Why is that so unacceptable? It really makes no sense to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lots of people who sell online and do click-and-ship, have a mail-truck load to pickup. (or they ordered that many pkgs to be delivered) so the driver probably backed in just for ease of loading/unloading. Some locations we go to daily or on a set schedule of once or twice a week.

It just never occurred to me that all post offices aren't on the same schedules! I assume if my husband works from a - b the rest of the USPS does too. ;)

The year before the shooting the same room was used as active shooter training event

abc goodmorning america

But Islam is not just a religion. It is a political system. Muslims are commanded to establish an Islamic state. And I would have the same issue with any religion that doesn't permit church/state separation. There are already Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia that I would never live in.

I have heard no call by other religions to establish religion based states or Christian countries that are imposing Old Testament based physical punishments. I think all fundamentalists are nuts. But all are not equally dangerous. It is easy to dismiss any attempt to distinguish anything as mere bigotry instead of reality if you haven't taken the time to research the substance.

Islam is already hurting many people, primarily women and children and in much more extreme ways than fundamentalist Christians or Orthodox Jews who merely separate themselves do. I have problems with all of it as repressive and oppressive but the extent of harm is different. FGM, honor killing, forcing women to cover, prohibiting women from education & travel-these, to me, are not merely religious practices that we are obligated to accept as neutral.

Muslims aren't "bad". But Islam has been hijacked and is greatly in need of a reformation. There are many Muslim & ex-Muslim voices who agree on this. In general, Christians & Jews move to more liberal positions while Islam has been caught up in a backwards cycle. It needs correction.

Yes, it is much easier to say Muslims are just like us and end there feeling good and righteous. But that will condemn many people, mostly Muslims, to lives of suffering and death. Why can't we acknowledge there is a problem that needs to be addressed? Why is that so unacceptable? It really makes no sense to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Because "tolerance" has been pounded into our brains for far too long.

Another excellent read. This a such a fine example of intellectual dishonesty of "journalists" in which shame (and a multitude of other abuses) is used to silence valid concerns, shut down honest debate, and force those who disagree into submission.

Sometimes, it is truly mind-numbing and positively astonishing to me that people can't see how they are exploited and manipulated.

Isn't it mind blowing? I often feel like I could turn into a Pod Person at any moment.

Because "tolerance" has been pounded into our brains for far too long.

Well that appears to be changing! A certain outspoken person running for office is making PC go out of style.

I think his attitude will accelerate changes in Europe too.

ISIS members are Muslims in the same way that Klansmen are Christian.

One wouldn't want to treat Klansmen as representative of Christianity -- so why would it be appropriate to treat ISIS members as representative of Islam?

Klansman are not 'representative' of Christianity, yet they are Christians. And the same with Isis members ---they may not be representative of Islam, but they are Islamic Muslims.

Christians denounce the Klan and work hard to try and differentiate them from good, peace loving Christians. As it should be.

I agree that they shouldn't try and prevent anyone from doing anything. Same goes for any group in society. However, I see that as very different from having a belief or a wish that sharia law is dominant. It's simply not going to become reality (and I don't buy into paranoid theories). Yeah, I don't really care what any fundamentalist religious person believes. I only care if they break the law trying to make it happen.
BBM

If enough people follow a religion that is inconsistent with our culture and U.S. Constitution (see birth rates posted upthread), then they can vote together for representation that will bring about the sharia/changes they want.

We used to hear about the "Melting Pot" when I was younger, but I haven't heard that term in years. Our country needs immigrants who settle here and embrace our Constitutional freedoms and culture by "melting" into our society. If one's religion prevents that from happening, what then?

[video=twitter;674282231389667329]https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/674282231389667329[/video]

"Photo captures woman receiving award inside #SanBernardino conference room before shooting http://abcn.ws/1QtnVlS "

From this link:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/inside-san-bernardino-conference-room-shooting/story?id=35643548
"This photo, provided by San Bernardino, California, shooting survivor Julie Paez, captures her enjoying the festive and celebratory atmosphere inside the Inland Regional Center conference room last Wednesday before shooters Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik opened fire, killing 14 and injuring 21 others."

Intelligence officials have determined that Islamic extremists have explored using the refugee program to enter the United States, they told the head of the Homeland Security Committee.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...ted-refugee-program-to-enter-us-chairman-says

The NCTC has identified “individuals with ties to terrorist groups in Syria attempting to gain entry to the U.S. through the U.S. refugee program,” the intelligence agency told McCaul in a letter.

“The refugee system, like all immigration programs, is vulnerable to exploitation from extremist groups seeking to send operatives to the West,” the agency added, noting that a small number of Iraqi refugees were arrested on terror charges in 2010.

McCaul disclosed the NCTC’s analysis during a speech at the National Defense University. He initially claimed that ISIS, in particular, had considered taking advantage of the refugee program, though his office later called that a “misstatement.”

“That was very courageous for them to come forward with this, to tell me about this personally, given the political debate on the Hill,” McCaul said on Monday.

Klansman are not 'representative' of Christianity, yet they are Christians. And the same with Isis members ---they may not be representative of Islam, but they are Islamic Muslims.

Christians denounce the Klan and work hard to try and differentiate them from good, peace loving Christians. As it should be.

Some Christians denounce the Klan -- some do not. And it's the same with Muslims vis a vis ISIS and other terrorism. So I don't see why it's ever permissible to paint all Muslims with the same brush. I certainly don't think that people like the Klan, or like Dylan Roof, are representative of Christians.

And for what it's worth, all Muslims are 'Islamic'. Saying "Islamic Muslims" is the same as saying "Christian Christians".

I don't know if than can solve our problems but I don't think they can make them any worse.

I can see Trump's words inciting violence, the pitchfork brigade and paranoid alike will take to the streets to "fix the problem once and for all." Except of course, the unedumacated (sp. intentional) and unwashed masses will then decide what 'the problem' is and innocent people will get hurt, which will not just be "those muslims," but lots of others too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10