VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The garage would probably have cameras. So I'm thinking she might have went the apartment complex. Either to meet someone(s) who lives there, or maybe meet up with someone(s) around that area.

It's a gated complex, so you have to be buzzed in at the gate and there are definitely cameras in that complex, too.

Why are we concentrating on the mall area when the LE in the area, Fairfax County, isn't even involved in her search.

If the SD insists he dropped her off at the mall, then Fairfax County would have gotten involved, no?? Their non-involvement makes me think that LE does not believe she left Spotsy.

Okay, so JMO MOO BBQSAUCE, etc, reading between the lines, I'm theorizing that they caught SF's truck on camera at one of the auto dealerships that is across the street from the mall that one must drive past after exiting the freeway. Then, if his story is true, he may have entered the mall parking lot from that side street, and entered directly into the garage by macys and dropped her off there. I guess it's possible there would be no cameras in that particular spot.

That sounds logical. Are you say they're are no cams in the garage area?

Why are we concentrating on the mall area when the LE in the area, Fairfax County, isn't even involved in her search.

If the SD insists he dropped her off at the mall, then Fairfax County would have gotten involved, no?? Their non-involvement makes me think that LE does not believe she left Spotsy.

No, because her bag was found in a ditch 50 miles down the road in another county.

That sounds logical. Are you say they're are no cams in the garage area?

I don't know if there are or not. I'm just thinking of the route he may have taken (if he's being truthful) and that just seems the most "likely" area that may not have cameras, since most of the other parking areas are open and there are visible cameras throughout the shopping center.

Springfield and Springfield Mall certainly has changed since I was there! I lived in Cardinal Forrest subdivision off Rolling Road.

Anyway, I feel something terrible either happened to Katelin or if not, then maybe she just did not want to go back to Arizona. Anything is possible and that is why we need an update and more information. How can anyone help with such a small bit of information except to try to recognize her tattoos and hair? Oops, I just mentioned hair. If Katelin were trying to disappear, she would definitely change her hair color and style, IMO.

LE is being way too quiet. If they want the public to help, then they need to give more information, IMO.

*Thank you to all the locals there who are posting. Thanks, Soulmagent, for the video of River Road!

I only posted the info about the mall to show that LE didn't have any evidence that Katelin was ever there. LE actually said they have no evidence she ever left Spotsy. :blushing:

I fear that this may ultimately wind up being the case. There are areas of Spotsy that are VERY VERY rural and easier to hide a victim of foul play; this would make a heck of a lot more sense than her disappearing without a trace from a heavily populated and traversed area. :(

He may have driven the route and used his phone in the area, just to corroborate his version of events. JMO.

Someone who knows both the mom and Amber well enough to know that a text is needed to keep them from panicking and to buy some time ....but not well enough to know that Amber and K's Mom have each other's phone numbers/would communicate.

Now I'm wondering if she had a stalker.

Springfield and Springfield Mall certainly has changed since I was there! I lived in Cardinal Forrest subdivision off Rolling Road.

Anyway, I feel something terrible either happened to Katelin or if not, then maybe she just did not want to go back to Arizona. Anything is possible and that is why we need an update and more information. How can anyone help with such a small bit of information except to try to recognize her tattoos and hair? Oops, I just mentioned hair. If Katelin were trying to disappear, she would definitely change her hair color and style, IMO.

LE is being way too quiet. If they want the public to help, then they need to give more information, IMO.

*Thank you to all the locals there who are posting. Thanks, Soulmagent, for the video of River Road!

I lived one exit up the parkway from you on Shady Palm and Sydenstryker!

So what if Katelin rather than wanting to run off for good, only wanted to get away and think things through without burning all her bridges? Maybe she was having second thoughts about her relationship but wasn't ready to end it? IDK what was going on with all her family and friends but I know when I have different people telling me what I should do or not do and the advice is conflicting, I just want to ignore all of it and try to get away and get my head straight.

I fear that this may ultimately wind up being the case. There are areas of Spotsy that are VERY VERY rural and easier to hide a victim of foul play; this would make a heck of a lot more sense than her disappearing without a trace from a heavily populated and traversed area. :(

He may have driven the route and used his phone in the area, just to corroborate his version of events. JMO.

I keep thinking about the river being right there. :( Have they searched the river at all?

So what if Katelin rather than wanting to run off for good, only wanted to get away and think things through without burning all her bridges? Maybe she was having second thoughts about her relationship but wasn't ready to end it? IDK what was going on with all her family and friends but I know when I have different people telling me what I should do or not do and the advice is conflicting, I just want to ignore all of it and try to get away and get my head straight.

Then you would not leave the credit card in the suitcase,just a thought.

Unless you wanted your dissapearence to look foul.

I only posted the info about the mall to show that LE didn't have any evidence that Katelin was ever there. LE actually said they have no evidence she ever left Spotsy. :blushing:

And that is an important point, LaborDayRN! We see cases like this here at WS sometimes. We've seen it turn out both ways. We've seen it where a young person left on his/her own and searches ensued only to find that person was alive and left on their own. We have also seen where a young person was missing and met with foul play. LE has seen more of each of these kinds of cases than we have, IMO. So if LE says there is no evidence (at that time) Katelin ever left Spotsylvania, then they are not simply taking SD's word for it. That is as it should be.

In so many cases we think that LE isn't doing anything on the case and it turns out that they have been very busy with the case. BUT, I still say that if LE wants the public's help then more information needs to be put out there, IMO.

MOO

I agree. I just don't see why she wouldn't take her cash at least. One could argue that a debit/credit card could be traced but cash..

I'd like to think that if she ran off she would have left her stuff at her mom's or with friends or something so Amber would get her stuff back. Seems spiteful to just dump your stuff for people to find. Somebody else could have riffled through her stuff before it was found and taken valuables, including cash and CC. I'm glad nobody did but it seems like a spiteful move if you're trying to run away. Though we really don't know the dynamic between Katelin and anybody in her life. I know it isn't unheard of for teens to stage their own disappearance but some things just don't seem to add up to me. I hope I'm wrong!

I hope she's safe somewhere!

And I lived down Rolling Road near Pohick Road, in Newington Forest!

O/T:
Kind of small world, isn't it? I don't know where Pohick Road is but I do remember a Potlick Road. We used to laugh and make jokes about that road!

Unless you wanted your dissapearence to look foul.

That part is so odd as well as her identification still being in that discarded bag. Her wallet with cash being in there would definitely make it appear there was foul play, IMO. Why not take the cash from the wallet?

But all of that gets us nowhere, IMO, because did Katelin just make it appear that way, or did she really meet with foul play?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member