Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always believed that both of them are responsible. JMO, but I think that on Sunday night, Billie and Hailey got into an argument over Shawn. IMO, Hailey was injured during this argument and eventually died from her injuries.
Monday was all about CYA mode.
Anything I write here is just my opinion and speculation. [emoji230] [emoji230] [emoji230]

I have come to speculate this same thing over the last year or so. I think you might be close to the truth.

That is the only scenario that makes sense as to why they haven't ratted each other out. They are BOTH guilty.

Again............JMO

I think it could be Billie. I'll be honest, I think Hailey looked pregnant in the school cctv, a video I can no longer find. She was a very unhappy kid in the Christmas photos and I don't think what her grandmother said about Hailey being afraid of Shawn was said to just stir drama.

The friend who took Billie to work has never put their hand up publicly to my knowledge, and someone did say they saw Billie in Shawn's car that morning. As for why Billie would cover for Shawn, it is a story as old as the ages. Surely no one here is innocent to think that all women who give birth embody motherhood. Some women sell their daughters, some abuse them, some compete with them, and some turn a blind eye to the abuse a man in their life dishes out in order to keep him around, and turn their anger on their daughter like she's another woman.

Now that you mention it, it is very odd that the "friend" that took her to work has never been made public. If they worked together someone at the hospital would have knowledge of them coming in to work together. We never heard from the family of DD's friend either, maybe LE has though.

Just my opinions...

Now that you mention it, it is very odd that the "friend" that took her to work has never been made public. If they worked together someone at the hospital would have knowledge of them coming in to work together. We never heard from the family of DD's friend either, maybe LE has though.

Just my opinions...

What people say in social exchanges doesn't mean too much, because there are two different days that people are talking about, (A) the day she actually went missing; and (B) the next day, when people realized she was missing. All of these apparently contradictory stories probably involve people having communication issues about exactly which day is which. So they go Aha! when they are talking about different days and see an apparent contradiction.

But, what we can say is that the affidavits filed by LE were very specific about what SA and BD did that morning at around the time BD left, even down to fairly exact times. While LE might be deliberately obtuse in an affidavit, they can't lie or they would be potentially facing obstruction charges themselves. So we can be fairly sure that those facts were corroborated. In addition, if they did rely solely on BD's statements about what she did that morning, and it subsequently turned out to be fabricated, you can bet your bottom dollar that they would have filed obstruction and making false statement charges against BD. We know this because they did exactly that when they were looking for SA during the *advertiser censored* search episode. If they had any excuse to charge either BD or SA like that in the HD case they would have done so, and they did not.

What it means is that whatever BD and SA told them, it could not be proven to be false. That doesn't mean that what those two are telling us is true either, since they may have told LE something quite different. They can lie to us, but not to LE, and those two accounts are not necessarily going to be the same. The same thing applies to all the other principals in the case as well btw, although for most of the other individuals LE would probably not bother to charge them if their original statements were less than accurate.

Actually, they could lie to LE, people do it all the time, up until LE proves them wrong, and then they may tell the truth or stick to their original story, and then they can proceed how they see fit. At this point we on the outside have no idea what has or has not been proven since she went missing. They interrogated both of them for hours, and we only got bits and pieces of what was said, and there was even confusion with that information. At this point we truly don't know the lies vs. Truths.

Actually, they could lie to LE, people do it all the time, up until LE proves them wrong, and then they may tell the truth or stick to their original story, and then they can proceed how they see fit. At this point we on the outside have no idea what has or has not been proven since she went missing. They interrogated both of them for hours, and we only got bits and pieces of what was said, and there was even confusion with that information. At this point we truly don't know the lies vs. Truths.

And when they get caught in a serious lie, such that an investigation is intentionally diverted, they get charged with obstruction of justice.

That didn't happen here, so, I think it is pretty likely that the account in the affidavits of the movements of SA and BD when she went to work that morning is fully corroborated by sources other than themselves.

All the stuff that supposedly came afterwards IMO is a mixture of misinterpretation and confusion regarding who is talking about what.

Hailey Dunn: DPS seeks leads in unsolved West Texas murder

The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Texas Ranger Unsolved Crimes Investigation Team are asking for the public’s help in solving the murder of Hailey Dunn, 13, of Colorado City.

As part of a public awareness program launched recently, DPS is featuring one unsolved case each month in an effort to generate new investigative leads and bring added attention to unresolved or “cold cases” across the state.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/hailey-dun...t-texas-murder/36995026#.VnHLEVkdgsw.facebook

Jeezzeee.....is there really nothing??? Maybe if there is a release of info as a "serial" on twitter, Shawn Adkins will finally be arrested. JMO

Grr! I am so disgusted with the complete lack of professional responsibility shown during the critical initial phase of this (cough, cough, spit really big, ) "investigation". I am a HUGE supporter of law enforcement. I am thoroughly disgusted with the pitiful performance if this particular law enforcement agency.

I agree 100%. There has to be someone who can solve this case. There are so many clues if someone who has authority will just start from square one and look at everyone again. I still think the ladies from Cold Justice could figure this one out easy. Jmo

I agree 100%. There has to be someone who can solve this case. There are so many clues if someone who has authority will just start from square one and look at everyone again. I still think the ladies from Cold Justice could figure this one out easy. Jmo

OH MY, Great Idea. Those ladies would love this case. I can see their faces when they learn a bit about SA and hear about his custom made leather serial killer masks...:eek:

[URL="http://www.texomashomepage.com/news/local-news/five-years-after-disappearance-hailey-dunns-mom-remains-hopefull[/URL]

I'm not sure if these are new quotes from BD because they sound familiar, but anyway:
“'I know I’ll get closure one day, and I know that there is going to be an arrest,' Dunn said. 'I’m more confident in that now then I have been. And I see that happening. I know it could be a couple more months, maybe a little bit longer, but I know it’s going to happen.'
Billie’s live-in boyfriend at the time of Hailey’s disappearance, Shawn Adkins, was named a person of interest in the case, however no arrest was ever made. Billie said she has not spoken to Adkins in years, and still believes he is a suspect in her daughter’s murder."

http://www.reporternews.com/news/cr...d6-669f-24fe-e053-0100007f5bb7-363529091.html

Snipped-"Now, the Scurry County Sheriff's Office, the District Attorney's Office and the Texas Rangers lead the way in solving this still open case."

This gives me a sense of hope that they are actively working the case. With the DA involvement that means that there is someone they are looking at for sure, and most likely they are trying to build a case before bringing official charges to whomever will be charged in the case. If anyone has credible information to help them, please contact the appropriate authorities and tell them what you know.

I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long. It's been busy on the front lines of Hailey's. We are so grateful to the Rangers for moving Hailey's case to a top priority cold case investigation.
There are things FINALLY happening and I hope they actually pan out so I can tell y'all about them.
More than five years later I'm still in utter shock there's been no arrest made and Hailey still hasn't been laid to rest.

I am throwing this out in case one or more of y'all is a super sleuth. I'm needing article from 2014 when Scurry County Sheriff Trey Wilson said in an article that there was no child *advertiser censored* in Mitchell nor Scurry Counties, but there is an ongoing investigation in Howard County.
I'm afraid it too has been removed.

It's been crazy! My memories on FB come up and there will be a link to an article from January 2010. I click on the link and it's gone. All of them are gone. I've been able to find everything on the Internet. I even found the one where Sheriff Tommbs stated no Child *advertiser censored* in Hailey's home, but I need the other as well. This article is the last piece we need to add to package that will bring Hailey national coverage again.
I know we don't agree on much, but all of us want Justice for this little chicky and national media coverage gives Hailey the best chance at Justice. Pressure from everyone not just her mim, brother and me could change the course of Hailey's case!
Thank you if you decide to help me! Thank you if you don't, but you pray for Hailey's Justice. THANK YOU if you're the one that finds the article. You will be my hero! Thank you all for your dedicated fight for Hailey.
Each of you still caring so deeply for Hailey 5 years later is such a blessing to this family and us! ������
Justice and peace for Hailey Dunn!

Here's an article from 2011 about child *advertiser censored* and Shawn.

KTXS EXCLUSIVE: Affidavit Shows More Child *advertiser censored* In Hailey Dunn Case

By George Levesque, Managing Editor/Anchor, glevesque@ktxs.com
POSTED: 12:36 PM Mar 18 2011 UPDATED: 5:21 AM Mar 19 2011

SNYDER, Texas -

According to law enforcement authorities, more *advertiser censored* ? including child *advertiser censored* ? has been found on devices used by Shawn Adkins, the only named suspect in the disappearance of Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn.

According to search warrant affidavits acquired Friday by KTXS through the Freedom of Information Act, a warrant used by law enforcement in Scurry County on Thursday was specifically intended to look for more child *advertiser censored* on computers, discs and other digital devices Adkins has been using.

The affidavits stated that *advertiser censored* has been found on a second computer that Adkins used ? and on his personal cell phone. SNIP

http://www.ktxs.com/news/KTXS-EXCLU...rtiser censored*-In-Hailey-Dunn-Case/14680886

Thank you ToeTag,
I've got that one as well as others saying there was no child *advertiser censored* in CCity from Sheriff Toombs. I just can't find the one from Sheriff Wilson. That was the most recent in 2014.
Thank you again though

Thank you ToeTag,
I've got that one as well as others saying there was no child *advertiser censored* in CCity from Sheriff Toombs. I just can't find the one from Sheriff Wilson. That was the most recent in 2014.
Thank you again though

IIRC Toombs didn't say that, instead it was a detective from the CCPD (Alexander I think was the surname). She made that comment in a news article that ran on the first anniversary of HD's disappearance. My understanding was that the CP case was limited to the computer in Howard County, but that the case went no where because they could not determine who used the computer.

The body was found about a block away from the home of Shawn Adkins' mother. Adkins had been referred to as a suspect in Hailey's disappearance. Adkins was the boyfriend of Hailey's mom, Billie Jean Dunn, at the time and he has steadfastly denied any involvement.

How has this man been allowed to get away with murdering Haleigh when EVERYTHING points to him and Billy Jean?

How has this man been allowed to get away with murdering Haleigh when EVERYTHING points to him and Billy Jean?

What are you talking about? HD's body was found at a remote lake, no where near SA's mothers house.

There isn't anything pointing at him, or BD for that matter. Both his movements and BD's are known, and HD was placed in CC at a time when neither of them were there. Many people don't like that, because it doesn't fit their conventional wisdom of what could have happened, but there it is. So it isn't them, which means that it is someone else. Possible a random person, but more likely someone known to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong