VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The supposed second text would be intended to allay concerns about turning off the phone, the first one as well. The phone needs to be turned off to avoid tracking.

But no one would have worried about her phone being turned off if they thought she was on a 5 hr flight. No one would have been concerned until about 8 pm Pacific time. Then the fiance' would have begun texting and calling her. But if the phone was off it would have been a dead end. That was plenty of time for the perp to dump evidence and get away.

Imo. Katelin or someone didn't want her fiance to be waiting at a Vegas airport. So out of respect. They atleast sent a message to say I will not be there.

They also wanted mom to think that everything was a go. So moms would have no worries.

So this sounds like a neutral texting to me. Which makes me think that Katelin wanted to appease both parties to allow herself more time to go wherever.

Either that or the person responsible; simply wanted the fiance to not go through the trouble of waiting at an airport.

So either the perp was very considerate to the fiance. Or Katelin texted both herself. Jmo only.

OK, so KA sent them herself , not wanting either of them to be freaked out or worried. That makes sense.

But then why would she dump her suitcase in the ditch? Or did someone else do that?

This is just my opinion but this text:

something came up and im not coming back today. Ill let you know when i get a new flight

signals "I will be calling you later" so turning off the phone wouldn't seem strange.

This is just my opinion but this text:

something came up and im not coming back today. Ill let you know when i get a new flight

signals "I will be calling you later" so turning off the phone wouldn't seem strange.

But it wouldnt have been strange for her phone to be off, even if there were no texts sent, because she was supposed to be on a 6 hr flight. So even without any texts, her fiance and mom would have thought she was on the plane for hours. I don't see how those texts really bought anyone any time. It seems they would send up red flags to Az way before there would have been any concern.

But it wouldnt have been strange for her phone to be off, even if there were no texts sent, because she was supposed to be on a 6 hr flight. So even without any texts, her fiance and mom would have thought she was on the plane for hours. I don't see how those texts really bought anyone any time. It seems they would send up red flags to Az way before there would have been any concern.
I didn't say it was an intelligent thing to do; I just think it was hastily done to justify turning off the phone.

Ok, so are you thinking she sends the texts and never left SDs house? Or do you think SD takes her to the mall, at which time someone else picks her up, and from there the mystery begins?

Since whomever decided to let amber know that I will not be there so don't bother. As well as the text to mom that stated I'm at the airport so don't worry.

Tells me that Katelin may have been considerate to her fiance and moms by supposedly sending those msgs. I'm thinking that Katelin didn't want to tell her mom about aborting plans and didn't want amber to know the true reason why she wouldn't be in vegas. So she used her stepdad to drop her off at some mall to conjure up other things.

But since I don't know. I'm simply saying that whoever sent the texts didn't want amber to take the time to be at the vegas airport since she lives in Arizona.

So I think whoever cares about amber sent the text to her for a conveince of don't worry about going or meeting katelin at a Vegas airport.

Jmo

Now unless stepdad really cared about Amber waiting in Vegas for Katelin. ; I doubt that he would send that msg. Since he knows that Amber would start tracking her down.

So maybe stepdad is just a pawn in this. Idk

There are only two people that make sense to have sent those texts, IMO. Either Katelin or the person who supposedly drove her to the mall.

If Katelin sent them, then I think she had plans to stay around longer in the VA area. And she was with someone, who maybe then did something bad, and ditched the evidence?

If SD sent them, enough said...

But no one would have worried about her phone being turned off if they thought she was on a 5 hr flight. No one would have been concerned until about 8 pm Pacific time. Then the fiance' would have begun texting and calling her. But if the phone was off it would have been a dead end. That was plenty of time for the perp to dump evidence and get away.

Yes, it's quite odd, isn't it? I mean when you think about it, the text to mom would, as was said earlier, appease mom and mom would not really expect to hear from her for 5 hours at least. But the text to Amber is downright odd. More logical would be a text saying, "Heading to the airport." and then drop the bomb that you aren't leaving that night after all, but send it maybe an hour before your plane is supposed to land -- that way, you've bought time AND been kind enough to not make your fiancee drive over and wait around the airport. But then again, like I said before, this may not have been a time of logical thinking.

That is, if the texts were sent by Katelin.

But honestly, if they were sent by someone else, then it is even more odd, in my opinion. I don't think a stranger would bother. I mean if she was dropped off by stepdad, then the abduction and texting would have transpired fairly quickly. If this person saw her going around with her suitcase, they would know she was travelling and would probably figure they had flight time bought already. I really don't think their first thought after subduing her is "I better get her phone out of her pocket, scroll around her texts, and try to figure out which loved one needs to hear from her! Must be these last two people on her text feed!" (Anyway, if someone did that to me, they'd be texting a co-worker and my electrician! LOL)

If it were a person she knew, again I think they would not have sent what was basically an alarm to the fiancee. I think they would have simply sent a "See you soon!" text and let her wait forever at the airport if need be.

That's why I'm leaning toward Katelin sending those texts.

moo

Maybe if we just explore the reason the text would've been sent we might discover who most likely sent them.

It's just odd because there really are only two maybe three scenarios in which this whole thing fits. Right?

1) Katelin decides she wants out of her current life abandons all she knows tosses luggage, keeps phone, and apparently a few articles of clothing. Then disappears into thin air.

2) Something horrible happens from the time mom drops her off with SD until the time that the messages are sent, and the alarm bells are ringing.

3) Truthfully what would 3 be? That she is hiding out at moms house, and they disposed of the luggage where they did to make SD or someone look guilty? (Seriously though that's just a super far out thought, I don't believe that would be the case at all)!

Of course MOO

OK, so KA sent them herself , not wanting either of them to be freaked out or worried. That makes sense.

But then why would she dump her suitcase in the ditch? Or did someone else do that?

Maybe she forgot that it's Winter time on the east coast and that all drainage systems need to be clear due to possible winter flooding from storms and blizzards. Idk.

But since the eastern states knows that this is flooding season. They have started beefing up cleaning on drainage in most roads.

So whoever dump the suitcase; Definitely didn't know that the county was on a mission to stop flooded roads due to clog drainage. Jmo

Maybe they should have went to city council meetings in that area before leaving bags there. Lol. Idk.

Since whomever decided to let amber know that I will not be there so don't bother. As well as the text to mom that stated I'm at the airport so don't worry.

Tells me that Katelin may have been considerate to her fiance and moms by supposedly sending those msgs. I'm thinking that Katelin didn't want to tell her mom nor fiance about aborting plans. So she used her stepdad to drop her off at some mall to conjure up other things.

But since I don't know. I'm simply saying that whoever sent the texts didn't want amber to take the time to be at the vegas airport since she lives in Arizona.

RSBM
Okay, so what if she had her own plans and they involved not getting on the plane that day? She would text her mom so her mom would think everything was normal, and text Amber so she wouldn't go to the airport and worry when she didn't show up. This way she could have some time unaccounted for with no one being the wiser. She might even have been planning to text her mom later that night "I've arrived but I'm tired. Talk to you tomorrow."

She would have to sure her mom and Amber wouldn't compare notes.

I know this is a lot of speculation but like everyone else I'm trying to figure out did she send one, none, or both of the texts?

But my hinky meter says she sent neither.

Maybe she forgot that it's Winter time on the east coast and that all drainage systems need to be clear due to possible winter flooding from storms and blizzards. Idk.

But since the eastern states knows that this is flooding season. They have started beefing up cleaning on drainage in most roads.

So whoever dump the suitcase; Definitely didn't know that the county was on a mission to stop flooded roads due to clog drainage. Jmo

Maybe they should have went to city council meetings in that area before leaving bags there. Lol. Idk.

Whoever dumped the suitcase was in a panic and/or needed to get rid of it asap.

It's just odd because there really are only two maybe three scenarios in which this whole thing fits. Right?

1) Katelin decides she wants out of her current life abandons all she knows tosses luggage, keeps phone, and apparently a few articles of clothing. Then disappears into thin air.

2) Something horrible happens from the time mom drops her off with SD until the time that the messages are sent, and the alarm bells are ringing.

3) Truthfully what would 3 be? That she is hiding out at moms house, and they disposed of the luggage where they did to make SD or someone look guilty? (Seriously though that's just a super far out thought, I don't believe that would be the case at all)!

Of course MOO

Your #2 is going with the assumption that Mom is the last person to see Katelin and that SD had something to do with her disappearance?

If so, then #3 could be Something horrible happens from the time SD drops her off until the messages are sent, and the alarm bells are ringing.

We just don't know. I sure wish LE would come up with some surveillance footage showing Katelin, so we would have SOMEthing, ANYthing to go on.

moo

Your #2 is going with the assumption that Mom is the last person to see Katelin and that SD had something to do with her disappearance?

If so, then #3 could be Something horrible happens from the time SD drops her off until the messages are sent, and the alarm bells are ringing.

We just don't know. I sure wish LE would come up with some surveillance footage showing Katelin, so we would have SOMEthing, ANYthing to go on.

moo

Oh no you're absolutely right. That's just it. It's cases like these that stink because there has been so much misinformation and bad reporting because the two cases getting confused and twisted, that it's just like please if you want help we want to help :)!! Just give us a little bit. Something. Hold a press conference get rid of the bad information or the stuff that no longer applies and let us go from there.

I am feeling very frustrated at this point. Here we are spending our free time trying to come up with anything to help find Katelin and her family starts a Facebook page in order to "Find Katelin" then takes it private! What good do they think it does to get her name and face out into the public if people are not free to see the information? It is ridiculous to have a private page when this girl is out there somewhere! I think I am done. smh You simply cannot help people who do not want help.

And it may be that Katelin had her own plans and does not want the help. IMHO

There are only two people that make sense to have sent those texts, IMO. Either Katelin or the person who supposedly drove her to the mall.

If Katelin sent them, then I think she had plans to stay around longer in the VA area. And she was with someone, who maybe then did something bad, and ditched the evidence?

If SD sent them, enough said...

But why would SD cause an uproar by texting the fiance that plans changed?

Wouldn't SD know that the fiance would be calling everyone. Especially since the meet was in Vegas. But the school was in Arizona.

I think the Vegas pick up was for fun in Vegas and then drive to Arizona later.

So why would SD make the fiance feel that the fun wasn't going to happen if he needed more time than the 6hr window that he had.

Without having the fiance cause an uproar right away. Jmo

Hows that?

Because as far as I know, actual cosmetology/beauty school can run about $15,000 -$20,0000. Or at least at a serious school. Does anyone else have other info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88