Miss Universe 2015 Results Mishap...

margarita25

Reaction score
OMG did you guys see what just happened on Miss Universe 2015?! Steve Harvey accidentally announced Miss Colombia as the winner. Just when we thought it was over, she had been crowned and everything, SH comes back on saying he read the results wrong. OMG. This just happened so not sure about the msm yet but will post it as soon as it hits, any second now I'm sure! Yall have to see the video. All this is going to go viral and be quite the discussion on social media tomorrow.

(Wow, I'm in shock. That was nuts!) Steve Harvey took responsibility and apologized, but wow! I thought it was odd when he did not announce the first runner up, thought maybe it was a new format!

I could tell Miss Phillipines felt badly about it...I feel bad for Miss Colombia, wow! Both of them actually!

I just sent a text out to some people I knew were watching saying omg did you guys just see that. My phone is blowing up with text responses lol. I got one back from a doctor who says this, heehee, LMAO:

"Yes that guy is going to get a lawsuit. Throughout the show he was a misfit and I kept saying that. While Miss Phi was the legit winner, to put Columbia through this insult is pure Malpractice. She should be given restitution. The organization should act swiftly to compensate her. This is serious emotional damage for her and her country. If a doctor made such a grave mistake...PAY UP stupid Steve and Miss Universe Organization."

(modsnip)

attachment.php

Oh no! Steve Harvey crowns wrong woman Miss Universe
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2015/12/20/steve-harvey/77681786/

Eta: see link above re this pic. It says people got further angered by the spelling errors in his tweet. (I actually spelled Colombia the same way when I initially posted...:blushing: ) Poor guy, now I'm actually starting to feel sorry for him. He sent out a new tweet with the correct spellings lol.

Attachments

• 635862479018304425-Screen-Shot-2015-12-20-at-10.27.33-PM.jpg
    635862479018304425-Screen-Shot-2015-12-20-at-10.27.33-PM.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 379
Seriously embarrassing lol. The moments leading up to the start of that video make it even more powerful, where he reads the initial results, Colombia has her crowning moment, etc...I wonder if there's another video that starts a couple minutes earlier...

It's still going on here in California time. I wasn't going to watch it, but . . . Thanks to your heads up, I tuned in.

It's still going on here in California time. I wasn't going to watch it, but . . . Thanks to your heads up, I tuned in.

Oh shiiite!! I am sooooooo sorry to anyone watching for the spoiler!! OMG this is getting worse by the second lol.

Glad you're getting to tune in though, it was really crazy to see live!

(Reminds me of an old creepy movie, argh, Faye Dunaway I think...or maybe it's Carrie...)

See this video:

[video=youtube;nmqAjr0xs04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmqAjr0xs04[/video]

I saw earlier backstage videos with comments by both ladies, but I can't find them now. Miss Phi's comments were awesome ("nontraditional crowning moment" and "very 2015"); Miss CO commented on how things happen for a reason. They were both class acts in those videos imo.

Wow.....I love Steve Harvey.....how embarrassing.

(Reminds me of an old creepy movie, argh, Faye Dunaway I think...or maybe it's Carrie...)

Miss Congeniality? [video=youtube;9pXTSPcZEWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pXTSPcZEWE[/video]

In a statement, the pageant said the "excitement of live TV was evident" with more than 10 million people turning into the Las Vegas event.

"Unfortunately, a live telecast means that human error can come into play. We witnessed that tonight when the wrong winner was initially announced," the statement said. "Our sincerest apologies to Miss Universe Colombia, Miss Universe Philippines, their families and fans."

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/12/miss_colombia_speaks_on_having.html

I read somewhere SH said the teleprompter had it wrong...

Probably should have hired PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC to tally the ballots.

Absolutely cringeworthy! I feel so badly for both of these women...neither one knew what to do.

Lmao. Steve Harvey should be sued for giving emotional distress for 60 seconds. Lol.

But seriously. A mistake like that for the actual runner up could last a lifetime. They will always remember being crowned but then have it taken away because someone who was supposed to be a professional got things mixed up.

I feel sorry for Harvey though. I know someone who worked for him and they say that he is a really nice man and a very kind person, great to work for. So I feel awful for him.

On CNN they showed a quick picture of the teleprompter page. And it was not really wrong, but it was kind of weird. The three NON-winners were up top of the page----and then separately down in the corner was Miss Phillipine's name. So it was an easy mistake to make.

I think there was a worse one a few years ago. Wasn't there some State winner that didn't find out until the next day that the votes were totaled incorrectly and she did not really win? So the new winner unceremoniously was called and told and handed the crown? LOL Maybe I dreamed it?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back