TX - Bill Hammit, 55, & Sandra Garcia, 56, slain, Live Oak County, 23 Dec 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Live Oak County couple missing, burned car found nearby

"Investigators with the Live Oak County Sheriff's Office are handling the disappearance of a husband and wife from their store, alongside the discovered of bodies inside a burned out car found nearby.

The Progress is reporting the large crime scene is at the intersection of Highway 59 and FM 1359, west of George West.

Sheriff Larry Busby is not providing very much information at this time as his office is busy working with the families and covering the crime scene."

The identities of the bodies found inside the car have not been confirmed."

http://www.kristv.com/story/30822242/live-oak-county-couple-missing-burned-car-found-nearby

Live Oak County couple missing, burned car found nearby

"Investigators with the Live Oak County Sheriff's Office are handling the disappearance of a husband and wife from their store, alongside the discovered of bodies inside a burned out car found nearby.

The Progress is reporting the large crime scene is at the intersection of Highway 59 and FM 1359, west of George West.

Sheriff Larry Busby is not providing very much information at this time as his office is busy working with the families and covering the crime scene."

The identities of the bodies found inside the car have not been confirmed."

http://www.kristv.com/story/30822242/live-oak-county-couple-missing-burned-car-found-nearby

Just speculating but it seems the bodies found would be the couple who is missing from their store.

I looked at the photos of their business but couldn't see well enough to see what type of business it is. Were you able to see it, Los?

It was sad to see the Santa displays out front though.

Just speculating again, but it seems like someone came in and robbed them of their money at the store and then made them leave. Maybe one of the suspects (if more than one is involved) drove the couple's vehicle and then they were both murdered so neither one could ID them.

I use to think when a store owner was robbed but also murdered they may have known their killer but I no longer believe that has to be the case since we are seeing so many murderers who are complete strangers to the victims.

The police have to already know if the vehicle is the one they drove or if their vehicle is missing from their store.

All stories like this are so sad no matter when they happen but they seem even sadder when it is just two days away from Christmas. Lives of the family members are forever changed.

I hope LE solves who the victims are (although I think they already know) and the suspect/s are found and quickly arrested. I hope and pray they weren't tied up in their vehicle unable to get out and then it was set on fire. Being burned alive has to be such a painful way to die. I cant even begin to imagine the fear and horror if that happened to the ones found.

IMO

Just out of the blue...........................could the mother and 'influenza' son have anything to do with this? Probably not, but you never know. Maybe this lunatic mother decided to rob the store. They have probably ditched her truck by now and may be desperate.

The store looks to be just a country store. Probably used to be a hardware/feed & seed store. The couple probably lived there as well.

I wonder why the CSI people were at the truck stop photographing a truck(s)?

More will be known soon I'm sure! GB this couple.

Hwy 59 between Houston and Laredo is known for illegal transportation of stolen cars being taken into Mexico and also known to us in south Texas as the main artery for anything or anyone bad going into and out of Mexico. It is not the safest area by any means. I know many people that used to go to Mexico for the day and take that route back in the 90's but rarely (if ever) hear of anyone I know anymore going that route for a fun day trip.

I was unable to find any new articles on this horrific crime. One of the above links was saying that since the Texas Rangers are not leading the investigation, all info has to come from the Live Oak County Sheriff's Office. And he (they) are not saying much, apparently.

LIVE OAK COUNTY (Kiii News) -
Money may have been part of the motive behind the Dec. 23 murder of a couple in Live Oak County.

The victims were found outside of the Camco store inside a burned truck in George West at Highway 59 and FM 1359. 55-year old Bill Hammit and his 56-year old wife Sandra Garcia lived at that location and ran the business.

Authorities believe the couple were possibly robbed, shot and then burned as the killer tried to cover his tracks.

http://www.kiiitv.com/story/30882163/live-oak-authorities-still-investigating-couples-death

I hope that LE puts this person away. RIP Bill and Sandra.

Smh. This is so sad. Especially if it was just about money 😕

If more than $10k is missing, that is definitely enough for murder...sorry to say. No other motive needed. Jmo

Two people were charged earlier this month.

Suspects charged in homicide of Live Oak County couple

http://www.kiiitv.com/news/crime/suspect-charged-in-homicide-of-live-oak-county-couple/422806125

According to authorities, soon after the murder police suspected 27-year-old Aniseto Alejandro, but they had been awaiting DNA test results to come back before charging. However, since he was incarcerated on unrelated charges and due to be released at the end of March, authorities went ahead and charged him with capital murder Tuesday.

On Wednesday, authorities arrested 25-year-old Desiree Trevino in Medina County and took her to be processed in Live Oak County. She was also charged with capital murder in connection to the crime.

Grand jury indicts pair in Clegg killings

http://www.mysoutex.com/the_progress/news/grand-jury-indicts-pair-in-clegg-killings/article_72bfaf8a-1fd1-11e7-90f2-bfa76ca7edf9.html

A grand jury here yesterday indicted a pair of suspects who are charged with killing a husband and wife in December 2015.

Aniseto Alejandro Jr., 27, and 25-year-old Desiree Icis Treviño each are charged with capital murder in connection with the deaths of 56-year-old Sandra Ann Garcia and 55-year-old William “Bill” Daniel Hammit. The couple ran the Camco Store – often referred to as the “Clegg Country Store” in Clegg. If convicted, each suspect faces either the death penalty or a term of life in prison.

Hwy 59 between Houston and Laredo is known for illegal transportation of stolen cars being taken into Mexico and also known to us in south Texas as the main artery for anything or anyone bad going into and out of Mexico. It is not the safest area by any means. I know many people that used to go to Mexico for the day and take that route back in the 90's but rarely (if ever) hear of anyone I know anymore going that route for a fun day trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Death penalty off the table for pair of accused killers

http://www.mysoutex.com/the_progress/news/death-penalty-off-the-table-for-pair-of-accused-killers/article_74d1eb64-35d7-11e7-929e-1f23b9d8b4f2.html

If Aniseto Alejandro Jr. and Desiree Treviño are convicted of capital murder for their alleged roles in the death of a Clegg couple, they will not be sentenced to death.

District Attorney Jose Aliseda confirmed today that the death penalty has been taken off the table. Therefore, the only sentencing option left would be life in prison without parole, he said.

“The fact is the death penalty is rarely used anymore because it’s so difficult to actually follow through with the sentence,” Aliseda said. “It’s next to impossible, even if we get the death sentence. It’s not fair to put the community and the families of the victims through (the seemingly endless appeals process).”

http://www.mysoutex.com/the_progress/news/crime-lab-delays-make-wheels-of-justice-turn-more-slowly/article_19ca1798-515f-11e7-9312-ef67ddada67b.html

According to Live Oak County District Court records, the trial of Aniseto Alejandro and Desiree Icis Treviño – each charged with capital murder in connection with the Dec. 23, 2015, deaths of Sandra Garcia and William “Bill” Hammit – is set for Aug. 28. Announcement, when the prosecution and defense inform the judge whether they are ready for trial, is set for Aug. 23.

Prosecutor: Three letters spell delays for Live Oak County’s murder trials

http://www.mysoutex.com/the_progress/news/prosecutor-three-letters-spell-delays-for-live-oak-county-s/article_1e437f80-9d81-11e7-88c5-a33462a4ff30.html

Assistant District Attorney Tiffany McWilliams of the 156th Judicial District said that because of Hurricane Harvey, all DNA testing by the Corpus Christi lab was delayed and that further information would not be available before the end of the month.

As a result, status hearings for both Alejandro and Treviño – who remain held in the Live Oak County Jail and were not present in court – were rescheduled to Oct. 25.

DNA test underway for evidence collected at scene of Clegg slayings

http://www.mysoutex.com/the_progress/news/dna-test-underway-for-evidence-collected-at-scene-of-clegg/article_e80df28e-c5b1-11e7-8454-8341870420a6.html

Assistant District Attorney Tiffany McWilliams of the 156th Judicial District said that on Oct. 25, the case against Aniseto Alejandro Jr. and Desiree Icis Treviño – charged with capital murder of multiple persons – was set for DNA status review. On that date, she said the court learned that the analysis of multiple pieces of evidence had not been completed by the Texas Department of Public Safety’s crime laboratory in Corpus Christi.

“It is actively being run,” she said. “There’s no ETA for completion.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back