OR OR - Alissa McCrann, 37, Tigard, 19 Dec 2015

The latest from the FB page for Alissa.

Over 50 searching for her near the falls today. Request not to go there to search on your own. Too dangerous. Lots of fliers posted today. Asks friends to contact the detective with anything that might help...theories, prophetic dreams, hinky feelings, conversations with Alissa. Anything might be the key.

https://www.facebook.com/findalissa...9759787228999/430690387135939/?type=3&theater

The weather in Portland is supposed to be free from rain and I hope that gives searchers their best chance for finding Alissa today :)

I don't really understand the ping/location discrepancy and optimistically I want to go with Occam's razor here rather than any sinister tale of abduction - I hope she will be found alive today off one of the trails after taking a jog in the wet and slippery conditions. Maybe she's somewhere with a broken leg, but she's fit, resourceful and healthy enough to get through this.

Her many friends paint the picture of a much-loved, active girl with a full and happy life and I hope she'll be home soon.

Bumping up for Alissa. I'm hoping her family and friends are given a Merry Christmas Eve gift and she is found safe today!

Hi everyone,
Wow, it is so nice to see you all posting. I apologize for jumping in late, been chaotic with the holidays at my house. I am EXTREMELY local to this area.
I have been following this on the local news and I have to say that given the area, the parking lot, and the break in postings that surround such, I don't feel this is what it seems.
The narrow road that anyone can take from a Corbett exit and follow down to the falls OR Larch mountain is very treacherous this time of year, mostly because our ground is so un-stable due to the excessive rain we have had.
The Columbia river hwy is very narrow and use to be part of an old railway. There are several different waterfalls that people can stop at and view or hike prior to arriving at Multnomah Falls.
I have seen search and rescue vehicles out and am very greatful to them. The terrain on the south side of the Columbia river hwy is steep and heavily forested with ferns, ivy and blackberry bush etc.
I hope they have reason to believe that she is in ONLY the vicinity of Multnomah falls.

I did not see questions? I'm not sure what I am allowed to say as I'm not a verified insider?

It is confirmed that she talked to a mutual friend about star wars until about 11:30am. Then nothing.

I guarantee she would have mentioned to him or checked in at the gorge, if that was her plan. Like I said, she checks in everywhere.

All we want is for her safe return. Her son needs her, and we need her.

She is most definitely not suicidal. No meds, no mental illness or substance abuse. I can confirm this.

With the experienced search crews and dogs I would have thought they would have had something by now. I hope LE is processing her car and checking her cell phone records just in case.

With the experienced search crews and dogs I would have thought they would have had something by now. I hope LE is processing her car and checking her cell phone records just in case.

I agree.

Nistka,
What is the family thinking?

Do you really think she went hiking or maybe met someone for lunch or?

I read that her phone was in her car...is that correct?

Does she have a boyfriend? If not, does she use dating sites?

Has Alissa's family been able to determine if any of her debit or credit cards have been used?

The Multnomah Falls parking lot feels like a red herring to me. Even with the cruddy weather this week, people (mainly tourists) are still going up there. A car left abandoned wouldn't be as noticeable in a parking lot that is pretty much always full during daylight hours. I have no idea if ODOT monitors the parking lot at night.

My heart aches so much to read that they suspended the search on Christmas Eve.. I'm praying she is surviving out there and is fighting to be found, with all the manpower they say went into the search recently and the miles covered I am so surprised she wasn't found or any clues. Keeping this beautiful lady and her son, family and friends in prayers and thoughts.

http://katu.com/news/local/search-suspended-for-missing-portland-woman-12-25-2015

PORTLAND, Ore. — The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office said Thursday afternoon that it is suspending the search for a 37-year-old woman missing since Saturday.

According to the sheriff's office, it will restart the search if it receives new information or there are new developments into McCrann's whereabouts.

Search was called off http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2015/12/sheriffs_office_suspends_searc.html They covered more than 150 miles of trails. Search and Rescue is familiar with the falls area because they go there every now and again because people do get lost up there. However I did also read at a news site which I do not have a link for that the dogs found no scent of her around her car. Given that this lot is right off Hwy 30, the main road through the Gorge, it's sadly possible someone just dumped her car there. Except for the falls and the lodge there, there really isn't much around that area. Hopefully there is some record at stores in Tigard which might give them more information if she was actually there before disappearing. Given she was texting after the last cell phone ping that is probably she was there. Very sad for her family to be going through this. I hope they know so many people are working to find her.

Although I didn't really expect that Alissa was ever on those trails, I held onto hope that the searchers would be able to find her and rescue her. I'm heartbroken for her family, young son and friends. Prayers for all. Now I will hope that surveillance cameras have answers. Alyssa must be found!

I know social media is the last thing anyone wants to deal with right now, but it's important to keep the momentum going and update Alissa's page with the latest information and future plans. People will want to know how they can help.

Very sad that she's not home for Christmas. Her family must be devastated.

I am wondering if her car yielded any clues...DNA?

I love that her friends are actively searching. Was there a phone charger she could have used in her car? If I fell off the map and my phone was dead but I had access to a charger....something bad happened. If no charger in her car then I wouldn't think it odd she left the phone in the car ( if that is true). Why carry it on a hike if it's dead?
This is very troubling. Especially at the holidays. Blessings to her friends and family. I hope that she is safe...and found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a stranger many miles away but Alissa is on my mind today right through present-opening and festive meals. 'Still hoping for a happy ending here, so positive thoughts, comforting wishes and season's greeting to Alissa's family and friends (special hug to her son). X

Prayers out for the family, friends, and most heartfelt peace to her young son. May he be wrapped in love and comfort this Christmas day.

I am wondering how much gasoline was in her car. I hope LE will be able to determine where and when the car was last filled up (or not) and maybe there would be video from a service station. Time is slipping away.

JMO

Latest post on the fb page says

"Searchers worked tirelessly in up to 3 ft of snow, with more falling. Even with gear and training, it was simply no longer safe to continue the search. Her family agrees. They do not want more lives put in danger and could not have been more confident in the quality, skill and care taken in the search for Alissa."

https://www.facebook.com/findalissa/

No other news/plans are mentioned.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member