Who's working on what?

My head is spinning. I've been looking into a few cases at a very superficial level and, well, I am overwhelmed. Every time I start focusing on a case it takes me in other directions.

RickshawFan, you are a focused machine! :)

I want to put my hand up on one of these cases, but I know that I will be incredibly busy until after Christmas. Currently I am looking into Rodney Sloat, but I am not sure that I can do this case justice this week.

Should I keep looking?

Status as of 20 December. These are the people and tasks being "Done" means that the person's entry in the master list has been updated with correct dentals, DNA, fingerprint information, and references to threads where discussion took place.

We've only got about 15 or so names covered.

Isotype map (posted)
* still to be done: discussion thread for isotope issues, geography, etc.
* isotope map with geographical information added.
UID summary (posted)

Barnes
Birchfield
Bogart (done)
Davis
Eder
Kuhlman (done)
Livingston
Matthew
McFry
Moody
Sloat
Stonecipher
Stricklin
Strassburger
Vucurevich
Ware

My head is spinning. I've been looking into a few cases at a very superficial level and, well, I am overwhelmed. Every time I start focusing on a case it takes me in other directions.

I want to put my hand up on one of these cases, but I know that I will be incredibly busy until after Christmas. Currently I am looking into Rodney Sloat, but I am not sure that I can do this case justice this week.

Should I keep looking?

At this point we don't need detailed investigation. We need to check to see whether there have been any changes for the people we already know about, especially changes in identifiers. I just posted the list of things that are being worked on. If a missing person's name isn't on the list, it means nobody has checked him yet.

And for people who are new to the UID world: "identifiers" refers to the things you can use to compare the missing person and the unidentified remains. So right now, dentals, DNA, and fingerprints. This UID was skeletal so no fingerprints. In the future there may be other methods such as isotope signatures, retinal scans (also no good with skeletal remains), etc.

Should I keep looking?

Yes, please do keep on working on him. Are

Yes, please do keep working on Rodney Sloat. And if you wanted to pick up some of the other Canadian possibles after him, that would be great.

First off, amazing work here sleuthers! I hope it is ok that I've been jumping in and adding a few comments on some of the cases. I won't really have much time to work on anything for the next few weeks.

I'll finish up on Timothy Guy later today.

Feedback on the cases and other posts is an extremely valuable function. It's easy to get so deep into a particular person or theory that I lose perspective, and a more detached view can get me back on track. Thank you for being here :)

Krostewitz, Mark DONE

He seems to be a bit too young (10 years younger) than suggested limit age of Sand Canyon JD. He might have disappeared in London, UK. Found a message from sister-in-law searching for him with his brother.

I have DONE the following:
Chouinard
Stonecipher
Bogart
Kuhlman

By DONE, I mean:
-I've checked the standard MP sources—Doe, Namus, Charley—so all the detailed bits are on the post
-I've Googled the MP for anything that isn't collated into the MP reports OR for possible relatives
-I've provided an assessment of my own (entirely my own)

None of these jumped out at me as potential matches for our UID: too much that didn't jibe

I am IN PROGRESS on the following:
Eder
Harmon

These two are on the FBI's Most Wanted List. I am going to leave these two threads open indefinitely, hoping others here have more posts to add.
I have gone down several rabbit holes on these two already. However, I believe we will be limited in available info 1) because these men intended to stay hidden and 2) details are in the hands of LE and not public.

EDER is my top candidate for our UID.

I have now lost track of which candidates I've worked on. However, FYI, any MP's on the list with 1+ posts have/are being worked on by someone.

We're half way through the "list of 48"?

Ok...Thanks...I'm new! Not sure exactly what I'm doing. :blushing: This thread seems harder to follow for me. Yes, you are correct about the picture--my mistake. I'll correct that.

I'll look for the personal thread. Does each of the 48 have their own thread?

Ok...Thanks...I'm new! Not sure exactly what I'm doing. :blushing: This thread seems harder to follow for me. Yes, you are correct about the picture--my mistake. I'll correct that.

I'll look for the personal thread. Does each of the 48 have their own thread?

Welcome! We need your help! We've got a lot of work to do! This case is organized a little differently from other WS cases, since we are tasked (in coordination with LE) with researching specific topics. Right now, we are getting as much info as we can on the MP's on a list of 48 possibilities to match a UID. Those names each have their own thread. So, if you get info on a specific MP add it to that MP's thread. You can look over an MP thread to get an idea how to do the research.

Before you get started, you might want to look over the case information on the detectives' thread.

Hope this helps!

Oops, I see Carbuff was available to step right in to give you some guidance. Oh well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back