OR OR - Alissa McCrann, 37, Tigard, 19 Dec 2015

Thinking of the family at this time. Thoughts also for the family of the woman found.

Has the location where the other hikers spoke and followed Alissa been disclosed yet?

This story seems to have dropped off the media and I'm wondering if there's any searching still going on? With temperatures above freezing for the next few days and very little precipitation forecast for the area I really hope the searchers can get out there again.

Here's hoping that Alissa's family and friends can start 2016 with some kind of news about her fate, and an end to what must be an agonizing waiting game.

Has the location where the other hikers spoke and followed Alissa been disclosed yet?

No. This to me, as a frequent hiker in this area, is the crucial piece of missing information. Imagine a U shaped object. Franklin Ridge is the curve of the U and at the high point of elevation. It's of utmost importance to know which way she was heading when the Hikers say they spoke to her. There are two completely separate valleys to search and the direction she was heading is the critical piece of missing information.

There are other puzzling pieces to this story as well. But they depend on her familiarity and comfort level with that area. To be on Franklin Ridge one hour before sunset in what had to be at least a couple of inches of snow- that doesn't make any sense to me. Franklin Ridge is a 14 mile loop. You can't just start that at close to noon in the winter, particularly given the increasingly difficult conditions you would face. And if she was heading east in the dark that would be disaster based on current trail conditions, which makes getting more information from those who say they spoke to her so key.

Very helpful first post! Thanks so much. I'm hopeful that SAR has the correct info even if we don't. I'm really getting the feeling that she is less experienced than I thought.
:welcome:

No. This to me, as a frequent hiker in this area, is the crucial piece of missing information. Imagine a U shaped object. Franklin Ridge is the curve of the U and at the high point of elevation. It's of utmost importance to know which way she was heading when the Hikers say they spoke to her. There are two completely separate valleys to search and the direction she was heading is the critical piece of missing information.

There are other puzzling pieces to this story as well. But they depend on her familiarity and comfort level with that area. To be on Franklin Ridge one hour before sunset in what had to be at least a couple of inches of snow- that doesn't make any sense to me. Franklin Ridge is a 14 mile loop. You can't just start that at close to noon in the winter, particularly given the increasingly difficult conditions you would face. And if she was heading east in the dark that would be disaster based on current trail conditions, which makes getting more information from those who say they spoke to her so key.

Thank you so much, and welcome to the group!

http://onlineraceresults.com/race/v...ubmit_action=select_result&re_NO=6387#racetop

Alissa participated in the 8k Portland Shamrock Run on March 15, 2015.

Her time was 1:00:42, and her pace was 12:13

I'm sad to see that Alissa is still not found, I come here each day hoping for an update, and some sort of news of a miracle.

Also, not sure if it matters, but I figure I should mention it because it speaks to conditioning: I ran this last year as well, the course is pretty tough - if you didn't train for extended uphill exertion it will seriously kick your butt. Nobody PRs the Shamrock. :)

Here's to the New Year and here's to finding Alissa.

There was good news on another thread that Lacey Oar from Colorado was found unharmed and is now in the hospital, and I am hoping that this is the case with Alissa, that she is somewhere safe, and she just hasn't been found yet.
My prayers are with her family, and of course with Alissa that she is found quickly now.

I know everyone on Websleuth's has had at least a few cases that have especially touched their heart. Most do, but some you feel a special connection due to location, or age of yourself or a child; or simply as a mom, dad, child or just another person that makes a connection based on an emotional connection. I saw this case before Christmas and felt an immediate connection just on names. I'm about 6 years older than Alissa but she has my daughters first and middle name(though spelled differently and my family middle name too) and her son is the same age and name as my son. Although, we are separated by at least a thousand miles I feel for her, her family, her son and friends so much. I wish I knew the area and could help search.

I've held off posting as I am fairly new to WS and I feel I'm still learning about posting, cases, getting a feel for missing person cases and just I guess shyness. But as I keep checking MSM and the finding Alissa Facebook(they have acknowledged shutting down and deleting comments) I am finding a lack of information. When I saw the post about finding the missing young women in CO Lacey who went missing close to the same time due to perhaps mental issues or a head enjury I felt hope. But the lack of info from MSM and the finding Alissa Facebook page run by her cousin has me concerned. I realize that we run into the same thing on many cases due to a wide number of reasons...due to LE keeping info close to the vest to have a case or family privacy. But it's been since around 21/22nd there when her car was found and searches around the area there hasn't been much new news. The hikers who saw her over 15 miles from her car on the 21st at around 3 p.m seems iffy at best.

I have so many questions that I'm sure a lot of us have, I hope a verified insider maybe the friend earlier in the thread will come back. I just feel the silence from all...LE, media and the family is overwhelming and solid intelligence without violating Alissa's and her families' privacy can be spread to find this obviously loved women and mother.

I've felt so much for so many here on WS but this case has touched my heart so much. Please, let me know, as a new member what I can do to help find her being far away.

Thank you you in advance for experienced WS members and mods for their help.

This is reminding me a little of Geraldine Largay, the hiker who was lost (and recently found) on the Applachian Trail in Maine. She was off the trail and searchers just missed finding her. I know it's not what anyone wants to have happen here, but perhaps she did stumble and is off the trail. And unfortunately, covered by snow right now. Sending big hugs to Alissa's family and friends <3 and hoping this is NOT the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back