MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so pleased to finally see his accusers will be able to face him in a criminal courtroom. I had given up hope it would ever happen. Thank goodness the new Prosecutor stepped up and did the right thing after all of these years.

I feel as relieved as I felt when Sandusky was finally arrested for his evil deeds and all the pedophile Priests.

I hope the DA refuses to take a plea in this case. I read if convicted he could get 12 years. Not only will the victim get her day in court but no doubt the Prosecutor is going to have multiple victims testifying as well. BC is going to have to sit there and hear all they have to testify to and its not going to be pretty. I hope each one of them is asked if they can identify the man who raped them and they point right at him.

I believe he is one of the most prolific rapists in recent history. If convicted there is no amount of time that would fit what he has done to so many. At least though his mask has been removed and most everyone knows who he really is under that fake persona he used for years to trick people into thinking he was a law abiding man.

I am also glad that physical evidence is not required to prove someone is a rapist or pedophile. This case will be chocked full of a voluminous amount of hard hitting circumstantial evidence. Just like we saw in the cases I mentioned in this post. I hope the ones who were younger when he did this are some of the ones who testifies. It didn't really matter to him they were underage. None of them mattered to him and were seen as mere throwaway trinkets to him in order to satisfy his own perverted lust. He was so narcissistic he felt entitled to take what he didn't have a right to take. I don't think he has ever had one bit of remorse either....not even now.

I believe the DA has a very sound case. Multiple testimonies of victims gives the allegations more credibility. There is no way the jury will think all of these victims are lying. In fact, I think each and every one of them which testifies against him will do very well on the stand even under cross examination.

It will get old quick to the jury if the defense tries to call all of them liars. In other words the defense would want the jury to believe only BC, the one with more of a vested interest to lie, than anyone. If that is the only defense the defense can come up with it will not work, imo. Most jurors cant stand that kind of defense when they use the 'blame the victims' card.

It is a good day for those who have suffered by what this cold and arrogant man has done to them. Even though the others cant bring criminal charges against him a lot of them will be able to publicly face their rapist and expose him for what he truly is.

IMO

New evidence?

Dist. Atty. Kevin Steele told reporters that Cosby would be arraigned at about 4 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. He said the charge stems from “new evidence” uncovered earlier this year.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-bill-cosby-is-charged-sexual-assault-20151230-story.html

This is going to be interesting to follow. Cosby is in the fight of his life now. He has an endless flow of money, the best lawyers his money can buy and this is probably a he said she said case.

Do you think Cosby will be found not guilty because of these things? There is a good chance IMO

Tricia

#boom #timeisup

Now we shall see what American Justice is made of. Call me a cynic, but I am not very hopeful this perv will spend ONE night behind bars. Settle out of court, fines, probation. Hope the system proves me wrong.

New evidence?

This is going to be interesting to follow. Cosby is in the fight of his life now. He has an endless flow of money, the best lawyers his money can buy and this is probably a he said she said case.

Do you think Cosby will be found not guilty because of these things? There is a good chance IMO

Tricia

I am even doubting this will make it to court. Money buys everything. Including pre-trial hearings. And witnesses. And acquittals. I have to be such a cynic, but I just don't see this one spending una noche in :jail:

2m2 minutes agoFOX 29 ‏@FOX29philly
#BREAKING: Bill Cosby SUV headed to District Court in Elkins Park PA.#BillCosby

https://twitter.com/fox29philly/status/682279700006191104

Continuing live coverage of the arraignment on CNN. Cosby court appearance scheduled for 2:30PM (Eastern).

Cosby arriving at courthouse. Let the games begin!

:welcome: guests. Please consider joining Websleuths and share your thoughts on the case.

[video=twitter;682281144272969729]https://twitter.com/brookebcnn/status/682281144272969729[/video]

Gloria Allred, attorney for several of Cosby's alleged victims, speaking live from Los Angeles on CNN.

Cosby has 700 attorneys!!! via presser.

Charge punishable by 5-10 years in prison and $25,000 fine. via presser.

Aggravated indecent assault charge and he will return to court on January 14th. Bail set at one million dollars.

Bill Cosby arraigned on sex assault charge, will remain free on bail pending trial

Cosby charged in 2004 sexual assault

Posted: 9:59 AM, December 30, 2015

Updated: 2:58 PM, December 30, 2015

Bill Cosby was charged Wednesday with sexually assaulting a woman at his home 12 years ago -- the first criminal charges brought against the comedian out of the torrent of allegations that destroyed his good-guy image as America's Dad.

He was arraigned Wednesday afternoon and is free on a $1 million bail pending a trial...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/national/bill-cosby-to-be-charged-in-2004-case

Oh wow. Happy new year, Bill.

I'd guess the new evidence has to do with the civil suit depos and the tons of women who have come out to testify that he has a pattern of this behavior.

From the article:

Castor indicated that there was something in the civil suit depositions that the prosecutors weren't aware at the time.

This might have something to do with it

I just want to thank you DJ, for keeping this in the limelight, and being a voice for women every where. I admire you greatly. :blowkiss:

^^^ Me too- thanks Donjeta. I hope we see some justice for this sick, sadistic criminal.

I just want to thank you DJ, for keeping this in the limelight, and being a voice for women every where. I admire you greatly. :blowkiss:

Aww thanks you make me blush. But I'm not the only one who's been following the case closely.

Or cases, more accurately.

New evidence?

Tricia

And it's been twelve years and the charges were filed at the last minute although the basic facts were known to the police in 2006.... his army of attorneys might argue that his right to speedy trial has been violated and the delay in filing the charges was inappropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson