US - 27 shot & killed on Christmas Day

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Washington Post:

27 Americans were shot and killed on Christmas day

In a grim reminder that violence in America never takes a holiday, 27 people were killed and 63 injured in shooting incidents on Christmas Day this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive. This tally does not include people who shot themselves in suicide.

The number of Americans killed in gun homicides on Christmas Day is comparable to the number of people killed in gun homicides in an entire year in places like Australia or Britain. The 27 people killed by guns in America on Christmas this year is equal to the total number of people killed in gun homicides in an entire year in Austria, New Zealand, Norway, Slovenia, Estonia, Bermuda, Hong Kong and Iceland, combined.
---
the rest of the story, with links, at link above

The dead included the parents of a young child who were shot during a robbery in Columbus, Ohio; a Texas grandfather, whose 73-year-old wife says she shot him for “continuous marital issues and infidelities;” a young couple killed in their vehicle in the early morning hours near Augusta, Maine; and the owner of a barbershop in Alabama who was known as "a strong voice against crime" in the community, according to local news reports.

Notice that these killings were committed by local gang bangers and armed robbers. The same exact people that LEOs are trying to eradicate. And yet thousands of people are marching in protest against the cops and calling them a 'threat' to their people. Has anyone protested against the gang banging killers?

The dead included the parents of a young child who were shot during a robbery in Columbus, Ohio; a Texas grandfather, whose 73-year-old wife says she shot him for “continuous marital issues and infidelities;” a young couple killed in their vehicle in the early morning hours near Augusta, Maine; and the owner of a barbershop in Alabama who was known as "a strong voice against crime" in the community, according to local news reports.

Notice that these killings were committed by local gang bangers and armed robbers. The same exact people that LEOs are trying to eradicate. And yet thousands of people are marching in protest against the cops and calling them a 'threat' to their people. Has anyone protested against the gang banging killers?

That action doesn't meet the agenda.

There are enough laws to literally stop these acts when coupled with a positive change in morality.

I have watched this carnage increase over the years as moral decay have permeated American Society, the individual families, their schools, their media, their Justice system, their government and their churches.

When you attack morality on every front as does the current state of affairs you get exactly this.

Laws in society will never affect the immoral in absolute manner without teaching morality, it only restricts the freedoms of moral law abiding citizens as members of society.

Washington Post:

From the link:

The number of Americans killed in gun homicides on Christmas Day is comparable to the number of people killed in gun homicides in an entire year in places like Australia or Britain. The 27 people killed by guns in America on Christmas this year is equal to the total number of people killed in gun homicides in an entire year in Austria, New Zealand, Norway, Slovenia, Estonia, Bermuda, Hong Kong and Iceland, combined.

No surprises there.

imrs.php

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-a...kblog/files/2015/12/guns-christmas.png&w=1484

Washington Post:

I find this article very deceiving but it was probably written to be. As far as Britain. Britain banned firearms but still have murders per year and severe injuries due to knife attacks. I wonder why they didn't mention how many are murdered by other methods in Britain per year? Is it higher than by firearm? The last article I read about Britain said they have over 20K serious knife attacks a year and its continuing to rise since the ban was implemented.

Since they also listed Britain and Australia in the homicide firearm category, I guess they have the same problem that we face concerning those who do not abide by any laws including their gun laws plus Australia only has around 2M citizens doesn't it... compared to our 320M?

What is the population Australia, Britain, Austria, New Zealand, Norway, Slovenia, Estonia, Bermuda, Hong Kong and Iceland, combined?

Combined is it over 320 million people?

We lose an average of 80 people a day due to vehicle accidents.

Fatal Car Crash Statistics Data
Average number of people killed on US roads each day 80
Average number of non-fatal car crashes each year 5,400,000 * Many who live sustained life altering injuries for the rest of their lives.
Fatal Car Crashes by Year Fatal Crashes
2014 30,057

With so many criminals having illegal weapons and with the serious gang problems these big inner cities have on a daily basis, I would have thought it would be even higher than 27.

IMO

From the link:

No surprises there.

I agree, cherry picked to attempt to prevent independent thought.
No matter that a few years ago(when it came to my attention and pre ISIS) Glasgow was the murder capital of the word including Beirut, A Stan, Iraq, etc.......but with knives.

I bet if you weren't in LE you didn't see that in the "media." Just as dead as anywhere else but MOD was homicide with a knife.

I happen to see a brief paper about fentanyl deaths in Canada as it was, and there were 300 deaths from fentanyl just last year in BC alone per the BC Coroners Commission, I believe.

Drug deaths aren't a popular topic however. You'd think all lives matter but some deaths just won't fit in the agenda.

I find this article very deceiving but it was probably written to be. As far as Britain. Britain banned firearms but still have murders per year and severe injuries due to knife attacks. I wonder why they didn't mention how many are murdered by other methods in Britain per year? Is it higher than by firearm? The last article I read about Britain said they have over 20K serious knife attacks a year and its continuing to rise since the ban was implemented.

Since they also listed Britain and Australia in the homicide firearm category, I guess they have the same problem that we face concerning those who do not abide by any laws including their gun laws plus Australia only has around 2M citizens doesn't it... compared to our 320M?

What is the population Australia, Britain, Austria, New Zealand, Norway, Slovenia, Estonia, Bermuda, Hong Kong and Iceland, combined?

Combined is it over 320 million people?

Average number of non-fatal car crashes each year 5,400,000 * Many who live sustained life altering injuries for the rest of their lives.
2014 30,057

With so many criminals having illegal weapons and with the serious gang problems these big inner cities have on a daily basis, I would have thought it would be even higher than 27.

IMO

the population of australia is 23.13 million people not "around 2m"
the possibility of murder and violence is present wherever human beings are but the figures of deaths due to guns are alarming because they cover people being shot for doing their job (waitress shot for telling "customer" not to smoke in a non smoker king area), accidental shootings causing death or injury and the list goes on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the population of australia is 23.13 million people not "around 2m"
the possibility of murder and violence is present wherever human beings are but the figures of deaths due to guns are alarming because they cover people being shot for doing their job (waitress shot for telling "customer" not to smoke in a non smoker king area), accidental shootings causing death or injury and the list goes on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And how many of those accidents are children shooting themselves or others? The Toddler Shootings graph is even more disturbing than the Christmas Day Shootings graph.

2014 30,057

Traffic fatalities have nothing to do with how many people were shot and killed on Christmas day.
:confused:

Traffic fatalities have nothing to do with how many people were shot and killed on Christmas day.
:confused:

Indeed. Unusually high incidences of traffic fatalities suggest that action should be taken to reduce them -- speed limits, signage, DUI initiatives, seat-belt laws, road regrading, etc.

Unusually high incidences of gun violence suggest that -- what, exactly? What's it gonna take?

best,

s

Indeed. Unusually high incidences of traffic fatalities suggest that action should be taken to reduce them -- speed limits, signage, DUI initiatives, seat-belt laws, road regrading, etc.

Unusually high incidences of gun violence suggest that -- what, exactly? What's it gonna take?

best,

s

Brief o/t: I believe the steps you mentioned to make cars and roads safer play a large part in why there are more gun deaths than traffic deaths in many US states.

We need to put the same effort into decreasing gun deaths if we want to see the same results IMO.

On a previously cursory google .........Norway has the highest per capita rampage shooting and the US is 5th behind Switzerland, Israel, Slovakia and Finland, I believe, just addressing the mass shootings........

I believe that's from 2009-13 and per 1 mil.

I will try to find the link

Edit..........http://www.ijreview.com/2015/12/348197-paris-attack-claim-mass-shootings/

Apparently from OECD an Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development

On a previously cursory google .........Norway has the highest per capita rampage shooting and the US is 5th behind Switzerland, Israel, Slovakia and Finland, I believe, just addressing the mass shootings........

Edit..........http://www.ijreview.com/2015/12/348197-paris-attack-claim-mass-shootings/

These 27 all happened on Christmas day but it was not a mass shooting.

Norway is leading the way there because that time period includes that one time Norway had (an extremely deadly) mass shooting.

Have Norway had any other mass shootings? I'm struggling to find any information about other ones. I thought I could remember a school one but that appears to have been in Finland.

The thing about statistics about guns and shootings is that while other countries may jostle for positions year by year, and countries may fade in and out of statistics year by year, or a country may stand out 1 year out of 10 years - the US keeps going strong year after year.
Statistics are great for saying "oh but Norway has the highest per capita fatalities (2009-13)".
But if you look at 2009 mass shootings statistics - Norway won't feature. 2010 - Norway won't feature. 2011 - Norway had that horrific attack. 2012 - Norway won't feature. 2013 - Norway won't feature.

Though I guess that's what makes statistics so fun.

Norway is leading the way there because that time period includes that one time Norway had (an extremely deadly) mass shooting.

Have Norway had any other mass shootings? I'm struggling to find any information about other ones. I thought I could remember a school one but that appears to have been in Finland.

The thing about statistics about guns and shootings is that while other countries may jostle for positions year by year, and countries may fade in and out of statistics year by year, or a country may stand out 1 year out of 10 years - the US keeps going strong year after year.
Statistics are great for saying "oh but Norway has the highest per capita fatalities (2009-13)".
But if you look at 2009 mass shootings statistics - Norway won't feature. 2010 - Norway won't feature. 2011 - Norway had that horrific attack. 2012 - Norway won't feature. 2013 - Norway won't feature.

Though I guess that's what makes statistics so fun.

Norway makes a few lists due to this attack and it feels almost cruel, like it wasn't enough 77 people have to die, people are going to exploit the tragedy to serve their own means.

JMO

JMO but a defunct website and something called "rampage shootings" aren't exactly MSM.
The Rampage Shooting Index. Taken from a now-defunct website, assembled data from around the world to construct a per capita mass shootings index that controls for population differences. [Update: Archived data based on OECD and other statistics can be found here.]

As for IJReview, this cracked me up:
Anti-Gun Mom Called out Trump’s Spokeswoman for Wearing Bullet Necklace — Her Response Says It All

That's some serious, hard-hitting, unbiased journalism right there. ;)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back