MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand. Someone who has been fondled inappropriately is then drawn to the person who behaved inappropriately? As I understand it, she wasn't a "rape" victim and wasn't in any way incapacitated during the first two encounters, so her reasons to keep returning wouldn't be the same as those of a rape victim, IMO. After she had been incapacitated during the incident, she never returned.

I'm sorry. I didn't know you were talking about one specific victim of his. I was speaking in generalities about victims who have been abused and the odd behavior some can exhibit when it comes to being around their abuser.

I don't understand. Someone who has been fondled inappropriately is then drawn to the person who behaved inappropriately? As I understand it, she wasn't a "rape" victim and wasn't in any way incapacitated during the first two encounters, so her reasons to keep returning wouldn't be the same as those of a rape victim, IMO. After she had been incapacitated during the incident, she never returned.

We don't know the details. Maybe Cosby's first two advances were pretty mild, and Constand thought that was that, after she rebuffed him. I think she stopped contact with Cosby after the alleged drug & assault.

It's called grooming and it manifests in many different forms.

I'm sorry. I didn't know you were talking about one specific victim of his. I was speaking in generalities about victims who have been abused and the odd behavior some can exhibit when it comes to being around their abuser.

I thought I was clear when I asked "why did she keep going back to his home?" To me her story is simply not believable which is why the DA in 2005 chose not to file charges, IMO. As I understand it, the current DA used BC as his election platform? As far as I'm concerned, he has an uproad battle.

I just can't even fathom why someone who has been unappreciatively fondled would place herself in that exact same position, over and over again! The fact that she's gay didn't seem to play a role (as far as she was concerned) after the FIRST encounter.

I know mine is not a popular opinion with most women at WS even though I am one, but keep in mind, I know as much about this as anyone else, with the exception of two people.

If I was in the company of someone who made any sort of sexual advance that made me uncomfortable, rest assured you would NEVER find me in his company EVER again. I wonder why she kept going back to his home? Thoughts?

This is easier said than done when the person in question is in a position of authority vis-a-vis one's career. Very few women who receive unwanted sexual advances from a boss or superior end up at the EEOC or refusing to work with the aggressor. Most try to navigate some middle ground of deflection while maintaining the appearance of professional warmth.

This is easier said than done when the person in question is in a position of authority vis-a-vis one's career. Very few women who receive unwanted sexual advances from a boss or superior end up at the EEOC or refusing to work with the aggressor. Most try to navigate some middle ground of deflection while maintaining the appearance of professional warmth.

There was NO reason whatsoever for her to keep returning to his HOME! Lots of middle ground was available if that was the route she preferred.

There was NO reason whatsoever for her to keep returning to his HOME! Lots of middle ground was available if that was the route she preferred.

I get what you're saying but the truth is, we don't know. I can't say she definitely had a valid reason for going over there and you can't say there was definitely no valid reason for her to go over there. We just don't have those details.

I agree with seattlechiquita, that Cosby prob will not spend one night behind bars. However, I do believe that his good reputation is prob more valuable to him than even freedom. And that has gone out the window. Even tho his wife may stand by him, there are very few fans, universities, charities, etc. that are in admiration and awe of him anymore. Also, I take some solace in seeing him experiencing at least some of the humiliation his victims no doubt experienced during their encounters with him. He is 78 years old, and these legal battles will take years. They will most certainly take a toll on his mental and physical health. I think we can safely assume he is receiving his punishments, even if doled out a little at a time. While not complete justice, that is something. I don't think he will live to see a time when his reputation can be rebuilt. It is too late now. Hopefully the women he harmed and scarred will have more years of their lives to rebuild their hearts and trust in others.

I get what you're saying but the truth is, we don't know. I can't say she definitely had a valid reason for going over there and you can't say there was definitely no valid reason for her to go over there. We just don't have those details.

If you'll refer to my last paragraph of Post #85 above, you'll see where I said only TWO people have the details. As far as having a "valid" reason for going to his home, that's questionable on its face, and even MORESO after her first visit. The truth clearly MUST be that there was absolutely no reason, valid or not, for her to find herself in the privacy of Mr. Cosby's home. Invitations are either accepted or denied - she accepted even after the first interaction. No one forced her. No one coerced her. She went (again and again) knowing full well what she had experienced on a previous visit.

I agree with seattlechiquita, that Cosby prob will not spend one night behind bars. However, I do believe that his good reputation is prob more valuable to him than even freedom. And that has gone out the window. Even tho his wife may stand by him, there are very few fans, universities, charities, etc. that are in admiration and awe of him anymore. Also, I take some solace in seeing him experiencing at least some of the humiliation his victims no doubt experienced during their encounters with him. He is 78 years old, and these legal battles will take years. They will most certainly take a toll on his mental and physical health. I think we can safely assume he is receiving his punishments, even if doled out a little at a time. While not complete justice, that is something. I don't think he will live to see a time when his reputation can be rebuilt. It is too late now. Hopefully the women he harmed and scarred will have more years of their lives to rebuild their hearts and trust in others.

Alleged!

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you accusing her of lying or having bad judgement?

I thought I was clear when I asked "why did she keep going back to his home?" To me her story is simply not believable which is why the DA in 2005 chose not to file charges, IMO. As I understand it, the current DA used BC as his election platform? As far as I'm concerned, he has an uproad battle.

I just can't even fathom why someone who has been unappreciatively fondled would place herself in that exact same position, over and over again! The fact that she's gay didn't seem to play a role (as far as she was concerned) after the FIRST encounter.

I know mine is not a popular opinion with most women at WS even though I am one, but keep in mind, I know as much about this as anyone else, with the exception of two people.

That's how predators work. They start out with innocent interactions and slowly build up their innapropriateness, all the while dropping hints to the victim that s/he is either deserving of being treated this way, asking to be treated this way, or crazy for thinking it's inappropriate. Predators are always on the watch for women (or men) with chinks in their armor, potential victims with weaknesses they can exploit.

You or I may pick up on the first few hints at inappropriate behavior and nope on out of there, but a vulnerable woman will either not pick up on it, or will be so used to the treatment because of her past (which is what makes her vulnerable), she will assume she deserves it.

I'd suggest doing some research on grooming and predatory tactics. JMO.

Wow! Well said!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

She was raped. See definition of rape: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...ew-rape-definition-frequently-asked-questions

We know what she said happened. The criminal complaint is online (refer to page 16):
http://www.wfmz.com/blob/view/-/37191670/data/1/-/prjksyz/-/Link--Bill-Cosby-criminal-complaint.pdf

Who knows? Maybe SHE was grooming HIM, which also manifests in many, MANY forms!

Isn't it funny how 55 women coincidentally chose to groom the same guy and he fell for it every time...

If you'll refer to my last paragraph of Post #85 above, you'll see where I said only TWO people have the details. As far as having a "valid" reason for going to his home, that's questionable on its face, and even MORESO after her first visit. The truth clearly MUST be that there was absolutely no reason, valid or not, for her to find herself in the privacy of Mr. Cosby's home. Invitations are either accepted or denied - she accepted even after the first interaction. No one forced her. No one coerced her. She went (again and again) knowing full well what she had experienced on a previous visit.

Does it matter why she went? For all we know she might have gone there to scout the place for an armed robbery, and it still wouldn't give Cosby a valid reason to drug and sexually assault her.

Isn't it funny how 55 women coincidentally chose to groom the same guy and he fell for it every time...

Does it matter why she went? For all we know she might have gone there to scout the place for an armed robbery, and it still wouldn't give Cosby a valid reason to drug and sexually assault her.

My question is and has been why oh why would she keep returning? And of course, no one deserves to be drugged and sexually assaulted, but that's only what she is alleging happened. So yes, IMO, it DOES matter what SHE did just as much as it matters what HE did. The part each of them had will be determined at trial if it goes to trial.

At this point in time and for the purposes of discussion, she is "alleging". It is not factual. The trier of fact has not yet been convened.

This is a discussion. This is not a court of law, nor a media outlet. We are not bound by the same standards of "innocent until proven guilty". By all means, if you feel the need to used the term "alleged" you should do so. But no one else needs to be bound by this standard, not on a discussion forum.

IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads