MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
See why women don't want to move forward with sexual assault cases? It's "alleged." Check out #beenrapedneverreported that started the whole ball rolling with this after Jian Ghomeshi was accused by several women and one man.

My question is and has been why oh why would she keep returning? And of course, no one deserves to be drugged and sexually assaulted, but that's only what she is alleging happened. So yes, IMO, it DOES matter what SHE did just as much as it matters what HE did. The part each of them had will be determined at trial if it goes to trial.

Not all women are of the mind that just because a guy tries to get you in bed you can never be in his presence again. Shoot, all of my best male friends have tried to get me in bed at one point or another.

She isn't alleging that he drugged her over and over and she kept coming back in spite of being repeatedly corpse raped, only that he made advances which were rebuffed, ending in the drugging episode.

See why women don't want to move forward with sexual assault cases? It's "alleged." Check out #beenrapedneverreported that started the whole ball rolling with this after Jian Ghomeshi was accused by several women and one man.

Exactly my thoughts. It's already hard enough to come forward and report, but then it's an uphill battle against not only the legal system in a case where it's usually almost impossible to prove the crime, you have rape apologists and disbelievers questioning your story and tearing down your character.

She can the meanest, nastiest, whoriest woman in the world, but she doesn't deserve to be raped, ever.

JMO, of course.

Isn't it funny how 55 women coincidentally chose to groom the same guy and he fell for it every time...

Does it matter why she went? For all we know she might have gone there to scout the place for an armed robbery, and it still wouldn't give Cosby a valid reason to drug and sexually assault her.

Best post ever. xoxoxo

This is easier said than done when the person in question is in a position of authority vis-a-vis one's career. Very few women who receive unwanted sexual advances from a boss or superior end up at the EEOC or refusing to work with the aggressor. Most try to navigate some middle ground of deflection while maintaining the appearance of professional warmth.

I get what you're saying but the truth is, we don't know. I can't say she definitely had a valid reason for going over there and you can't say there was definitely no valid reason for her to go over there. We just don't have those details.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you accusing her of lying or having bad judgement?

Agree. You know, real life often doesn't follow tidy preconceived notions that we have in our minds! The saying, hindsight is 20/20, is common for a reason. As I've mentioned before, perhaps Cosby's first couple of advances were mild, and Constand thought he understood her "No's" after those advances. For Cosby's part, he certainly had this "mentoring" gimmick down pat. It always started out with a kindhearted "I'm here to help and guide you" shtick. He could craft and control scenarios with his considerable charisma. That was his game.

Not all women are of the mind that just because a guy tries to get you in bed you can never be in his presence again. Shoot, all of my best male friends have tried to get me in bed at one point or another.

Snipped for focus

Exactly. You tell them to knock it off and then go on with the friendship. You don't automatically assume that you're in danger of being drugged and raped if you are ever alone in the guy's presence again.

EXCLUSIVE: Bill Cosby's wife Camille is refusing to be grilled under oath over whether SHE supplied the sedatives he used to 'drug and assault women' - and knew about his sexual 'proclivities'

Camille Cosby is fighting an attempt by seven women who claim they were sexually assaulted by Cosby to have her deposed

She filed documents on the same day her disgraced husband was in court facing charges of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand

The wife of Incredible Hulk Lou Ferrigno tells of Camille's mysterious disappearance at Cosby's LA home before she claims the star attacked as a teen

Camille contends she wasn't present during any of the alleged incidents

Anything she heard would be second hand knowledge or from a private conversations with her husband

Cosby flew out of Philadelphia Wednesday on his $3million plane after posting $1million bail

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-knew-sexual-proclivities.html#ixzz3vvl9yh7S

The problem Cosby is going to have is no one can give their consent to have sex if they are rendered unconscious at the time it happened. When that happens it is a rape or a sexual assault.

Sadly the prosecution is going to have a problem gaining a conviction just because he is Bill Cosby.......if this had been a normal person charges would have been filed back in 2004.

I noticed in a previous post you mentioned Sandusky.I hope they can find a jury like the one that convicted Sandusky because I was skeptical Sandusky would be convicted (even though he was guilty as sin) just because he was worshipped in Central PA.

Cosby's own statements in the disposition basically prove he is guilty of sexual assault but I can't help be skeptical that he walks away based on fame alone......I hope I am wrong like I was with Sandusky.

I would like to read the whole disposition but it certainly seems to me Cosby admits consent was very much in question.

My question is and has been why oh why would she keep returning? And of course, no one deserves to be drugged and sexually assaulted, but that's only what she is alleging happened. So yes, IMO, it DOES matter what SHE did just as much as it matters what HE did. The part each of them had will be determined at trial if it goes to trial.

Yeah I'm sure his lawyers will do their very best to make sure the jury is filled with people who think it's all her fault for being there in the first place and that she probably wanted it anyway and a year later decided to make some money off him and it's all a political witch hunt.

Whenever someone is charged with a crime, it is "alleged". There is a process in place in our system of juris prudence and that process applies in ALL cases. Should allegations of sexual assault upon a female (by a male) be treated differently than any other crime . . . . where one's allegation is the only requirement for a conviction? That seems to be the position of many.

This is a discussion. This is not a court of law, nor a media outlet. We are not bound by the same standards of "innocent until proven guilty". By all means, if you feel the need to used the term "alleged" you should do so. But no one else needs to be bound by this standard, not on a discussion forum.

IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The reason it's important (to me) to specify "alleged", is because just from reading the majority of the posts one would think due process had taken place and BC had already been found guilty.

Yeah, I think that the alleged victim returning to his home looks great for the defense. From a legal standpoint, it does. If I'm a defense attorney, I'm jumping on that. And I'm not an attorney. It's common sense. I think we can expect to see victims character called into question vs Heathcliff Huxtable, Fat Albert, Ghost Dad, and Bill Cosby. Except only Bill Cosby is the one accused of rape. So I hope a jury can see that and look at the facts. Either way, I don't think he's going to prison. I don't think I'd want him to. Just him being charged in kinda enough. It's like a message that those women were taken seriously. Then again, I wasn't the victim.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Isn't it funny how 55 women coincidentally chose to groom the same guy and he fell for it every time....

There is no coincidence whatsoever. Since the beginning of time, money has been a catalyst that makes some men more attractive to women. So tell me, in which of these 55 "cases" didn't BC's millions/billions cause him to become attractive? And yes, then THEIR grooming begins.

There is no coincidence whatsoever. Since the beginning of time, money has been a catalyst that makes some men more attractive to women. So tell me, in which of these 55 "cases" didn't BC's millions/billions cause him to become attractive? And yes, then THEIR grooming begins.

Poor Bill.

Yes there is no coincidence. These women came forward because they were empowered based on other victims getting the courage to do so via #beenrapedneverreported. Check it out.

4 or 5 money hungry honies, yeah.

55? Really? All with extremely similar stories and ALL with confirmed contact with him?

55? Really? All with extremely similar stories and ALL with confirmed contact with him?

A lawyer friend told me that the stories all share similarities called "the ring of truth." Both Cosby and Ghomeshi had patterns.

If you'll refer to my last paragraph of Post #85 above, you'll see where I said only TWO people have the details. As far as having a "valid" reason for going to his home, that's questionable on its face, and even MORESO after her first visit. The truth clearly MUST be that there was absolutely no reason, valid or not, for her to find herself in the privacy of Mr. Cosby's home. Invitations are either accepted or denied - she accepted even after the first interaction. No one forced her. No one coerced her. She went (again and again) knowing full well what she had experienced on a previous visit.

So do you believe she was telling the truth when she described the first two instances of being groped by Cosby, but wasn't telling the truth about the drugging/rape?

Admin Note

Time to remind everyone that this is a DISCUSSION board. Not a board where someone posts their thoughts and then everyone has to agree. We don't have to agree and we can say why we don't agree, as long as we don't get personal about it.

It's understood that this is a very sensitive issue but please keep your emotions in check and post responsibly.

Thanks

Many of whom aren't seeking money from him. Of that, what 10 at most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member