Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

At least I am not making up stories about things like Darlie has not been eliminated as the person who left the print.

You just don't vare who you execute as long as someone dies for this murder, guilty or not.

I have lots of knowledge in laboratory science and the way the evidence was presented in court, had NOTHING to do with any scientific evidence. It all had to do with was building a case to convict someone of the murder. They just chose it to be Darlie, because they had no one else to accuse.

The garbage produced by the prosecution is ridiculous.

I'm not making anything up lol.

No sexual assault, because the police lost the rape kit test. A rape kit test was done. Where the H*** is it. The defense never had it. So, who lost it?

Yes, there is 100%. The blood on Darlie's nightrshirt is hers 99.999999% almost 100%. Now, the Devon's and Damon's blood on the nightshirt is 0% guaranteed to be theirs.

So, if I was to ask you whose blood is on the hightshirt who would you say is the most likely. And, would you say you are 99.9999% positive that Devon's and Damon's blood is present? I sure wouldn't. The only blood I am sure is on the nightshirt according to the lab tests is Darlie's.

You talk about blood. Explain Devon's blood in the sink, pipes, p-trap and splash back and a sink that was scrubbed clean?

There was blood on her nightshirt from the boys.

You talk about the "intruder" using the sock as a glove, why were no skin cells or clothing fibres found?

And you still haven't answered why an intruder would exit a house via a garage window (which the prosecution proved hadn't happened) rather than go out of the front door that they had to pass anyway?

So the DNA results are back and NO DNA from an intruder was found. It was all Darlie, Darin (or the children's) DNA and now they want the results sealed? Game over Darlie. You've had your day in court, the DNA results do not exonerate you. Let it go now and admit you killed your sons!

So now that the results show yet again no proof of an intruder does this mean Darlie's time is up and they will schedule an excecution date? Or is now the time that Darlie might finally decide to confess and see if she can't confess and get life with no chance of parole instead of death or is it too late for that to even happen?

So now that the results show yet again no proof of an intruder does this mean Darlie's time is up and they will schedule an excecution date? Or is now the time that Darlie might finally decide to confess and see if she can't confess and get life with no chance of parole instead of death or is it too late for that to even happen?

No doubts her defence team will come up with yet another cackermammy reason to appeal this, despite there being absolutely no evidence that anyone but Darlie did this.

No sexual assault, because the police lost the rape kit test. A rape kit test was done. Where the H*** is it. The defense never had it. So, who lost it?

Yes, there is 100%. The blood on Darlie's nightrshirt is hers 99.999999% almost 100%. Now, the Devon's and Damon's blood on the nightshirt is 0% guaranteed to be theirs.

So, if I was to ask you whose blood is on the hightshirt who would you say is the most likely. And, would you say you are 99.9999% positive that Devon's and Damon's blood is present? I sure wouldn't. The only blood I am sure is on the nightshirt according to the lab tests is Darlie's.

The police did not lose the rape test kit. There was no rape test done only an examination by a gynecologist. In fact, Darlie was asked if she wanted to be taken to Parker to have a full rape exam provided and she refused.

You must have missed the trial testimony on the blood spatter on her nightshirt, Luch. There is no doubt the mixed stains on the shoulders and one on her back are from both boys.

I have a quick question about the following post, what does it mean? and also, is it the judge that requested that the DNA results are sealed? TIA

Darlie (and Darin) "can be eliminated" - that means there IS most certainly unknown DNA. And this was just from the first round of testing... The most comprehensive testing has yet to begin.

I have a quick question about the following post, what does it mean? and also, is it the judge that requested that the DNA results are sealed? TIA

Darlie (and Darin) "can be eliminated" - that means there IS most certainly unknown DNA. And this was just from the first round of testing... The most comprehensive testing has yet to begin.

Yes - you are correct that both Darlie and Darin are eliminated as donors of these two hairs. However, these two hairs are merely hairs that were clung to a kitchen rug and don't match each other. There is nothing tying those two hairs to the murders.

We don't know who requested that the DNA results be sealed, but it's most likely been ordered by the judge after either the defense or the state requested it. My gut says Darlie's defense requested the records be sealed because the state would have no reason to. Especially considering we already saw the first new round of results and they are not at all helpful to Darlie. It seems like the motion to request the sealing was also filed under seal as it's not available under the docket online.

Why do you think the most comprehensive testing is yet to be done? Did you read the DNA results before they were sealed? A good majority of the testing that was approved has already been performed. The nightshirt, the bloody sock, the bloody fingerprint, etc. Nothing points to anyone but Darlie.

Hairs stuck in (something) don't match Darlie or Darin. That means nothing. The hair could belong to neighbors, tons of neighbor kids, lots of relatives on both sides of the family, workmen, maids, babysitters, friends, medical technicians, policemen, investigators.... the list is endless.

If there was any concrete evidence of a real intruder, it would have shown itself in bloody footprints as the murderer had to walk through the boys' blood soaked in the carpet in order to escape through the kitchen, laundry room and garage. The only bloody footprints belong to Darlie.

Yes - you are correct that both Darlie and Darin are eliminated as donors of these two hairs. However, these two hairs are merely hairs that were clung to a kitchen rug and don't match each other. There is nothing tying those two hairs to the murders.

We don't know who requested that the DNA results be sealed, but it's most likely been ordered by the judge after either the defense or the state requested it. My gut says Darlie's defense requested the records be sealed because the state would have no reason to. Especially considering we already saw the first new round of results and they are not at all helpful to Darlie. It seems like the motion to request the sealing was also filed under seal as it's not available under the docket online.

Thanks val. Thought so. I can see why so many people are confused with all the evidence. Not not even the evidence, but just confused in general with how different sides portray it. Well mainly the darlie supporters. Also like today on that facebook page there is a video of the 911 call saying that officer waddell was lying about seeing darin running from the house then being heard on the 911 call in the house. I guess I just don't know enough about this case. I have read the transcripts, but don't tend to absorb a lot of info I read. I admire a lot of people knowledge on here. So will leave you guys to it lol

It takes a LOT of nerve to speak out in a case where two small children were murdered. It's not like they committed suicide or had a horrible accident.
Also, I am fully aware that mothers can and do kill. I believe that both JonBenet Ramsey and Caylee Anthony died at the hands at their mothers.

There is physical evidence in this case, which, to me, points to Darlie being almost killed. Held down, her throat slashed from side to side.
I honestly do not think she was the killer of the Routier's sons. I don't believe that Darin was looked at in any way as a suspect. He was given a free pass and Darlie was the bulls- eye target from the beginning.
Things like this happen in Texas all the time. A great deal of misogyny on the local level. I was recently made aware of it in a very personal and startling way.

I think I love you :)

Physical Evidence:

Darlie went over to the kitchen sink and bled there. She washed some of (most of?) the blood down that sink. Why would an injured, almost dead, according to some, mother of 2 butchered kids care about the sink? She stood in front of that sink and her blood dripped down. That's physical evidence too. Where was she slashed? On the couch? Where's the evidence. One needs to follow the evidence.

Behavioral Evidence:

We know Darlie was right there when the murder occurred, so she would be an eye witness, right? Let's say Darin attacked Darlie and he's the one who killed their 2 kids (as some suggest).

Did Darlie ever tell anyone? No. Why? Can anyone think of a good reason why Darlie would not say one word about it to police or her own family or her attorneys? How many chances did she have? 10? 20? 50?

Why would Darlie sacrifice herself to allow her murdering husband, a husband she was furious with that night, go free, after butchering their 2 small boys and almost kill her in addition, while she go sit on death row awaiting execution?

Why would someone come in and kill 2 kids and not take anything?
If an intruder were guilty of the crime the most likely motive was they came in and killed the 2 kids because they wanted the 2 kids dead.
Same motive for Darlie.

Ask David Lee Sells- he did it several times. He never brought his own weapon either. My guess is this was an attempt at a copy cat killer.

See David Lee Sells was from the area in which I live, and he was killing in the Midwest and Texas. I believe Texas actually executed him.
Do you mean Tommy Lyn Sells?
Wow, that's a Blast from the Past - Sells did it!! :drumroll:

If an intruder were guilty of the crime the most likely motive was they came in and killed the 2 kids because they wanted the 2 kids dead.
Same motive for Darlie.

Do you mean Tommy Lyn Sells?
Wow, that's a Blast from the Past - Sells did it!! :drumroll:

the point is he had no motive other than doing it ....he was in jail when this happened but I don't think there has to ALWAYS be a motive that actually makes sense , killing doesn't make sense . I just have never gotten the vibe that she did it , there was no financial gain and she still had a child left ( never got the sense that she wanted rid of them) and Darren and her remained civil for a long time so it wasn't a punish" my hubby murder " in fact HE was the ODD one out of the two and I will never believe she cut herself that deep that close to the artery I just cant , she does seem too poofey to hurt herself like that (I've been cut requiring surgery there's NO WAY)

I just have never gotten the vibe that she did it
I'm afraid we will never agree on this point. I made a mistake many years ago choosing my gut feeling over facts and evidence. I will never do that again.
The facts and evidence quite clearly tells me she is guilty.

there was no financial gain and she still had a child left ( never got the sense that she wanted rid of them) and Darren and her remained civil for a long time so it wasn't a punish" my hubby murder " in fact HE was the ODD one out of the two
One of the reasons motive doesn't need to be proven in court is because quite often there is no motive. Or very little motive. To me she wanted them dead, so they are. Why she did it seldom matters to me but if I had to guess I'd say she was depressed and felt trapped and in her head getting rid of two of her boys would free her.

You say there was no financial gain..I don't agree. The life insurance on the boys was a good amount. I know the argument is that the funerals soaked up that money but there is no proof I've seen that Darlie had any idea how much a funeral would cost. For all we know the funeral cost didn't even enter her mind. So the financial gain argument is possible. It's not my theory, though. Like I said I lean more toward Darlie making an emotional decision to kill and things escalated from there.

Yes, Darin is an odd one. So is Darlie. Two very interesting things about Darin:
There are a few places in his statement on the 8th that clearly show he was in shock the night of the murders, not so Darlie. It doesn't exclude my suspicion he helped stage the scene but that as well as Darlie's own words saying he didn't do it is enough to exclude him until evidence puts him back under suspicion.
Also, he was a no show for days when the trial started. I would really like to know where he was those days.

and I will never believe she cut herself that deep that close to the artery I just cant , she does seem too poofey to hurt herself like that (I've been cut requiring surgery there's NO WAY)
Oh I do. That story that she most likely faked a rape just to make Darin leave his party and come with her tells me all I need to know. Again that nasty mental stuff keeps popping up..anyone that is willing to go to those lengths, faking a rape, to get her way would up the ante if she needed to. It's no different than people who escalate arguments with more violent actions or words or people that escalate their sex life for more sensation or emotion.
Hercule Poirot said something in one of Christie's books that has always stuck with me during these discussions, paraphrasing now..(to Hastings) you are appalled by murder because you see it as something to avoid where some people see it just as another way to achieve what they want.
I see Darlie that way. She wanted Darin to leave the party, she had no qualms lying to get the outcome she wanted. She felt trapped in her life and she wanted to be free, so she killed at least two of the people who were in her way.
Yes, I know she wouldn't be free from Darin and Drake but if my assessment is right she probably did plan to kill all four of them and either chickened out or found how hard this whole murder thing was when she had to stab Damon the second time.

There is no reason to believe she knew how close her cut was to the carotid.

Another reason motive is not legally required to be proved is because the courts have determined that the inner thoughts and reasons a killer has may never be known or may not be known with any degree of confidence. It's always a bonus if motive is discovered, it's icing on the cake, but it's not an element of a crime that has to be proved.

Just following the physical evidence one comes to understand the scene doesn't match the many stories Darlie told (I think there were over a dozen different ones). Forget the graveside silly string stuff; throw that out altogether as if it never occurred.

As for the neck wound, that was done over the sink. The fact that Darlie came close to but didn't totally sever her artery is sheer luck, just like it would have been sheer luck if an intruder didn't cut her artery. Darlie didn't know anatomy so she had no idea how close she got to anything. There were hesitation marks before the real cut. The cut was longer than it was deeper--it was not a deep wound and her necklace was not embedded in it.

Just go by the physical evidence and then try to match it against what Darlie says during her trial. It doesn't match because Darlie made it up. As for "maybe her husband did it," there's no evidence matching him at the scene and further, I don't know any person who would willingly sit on death row for almost 20 years to 'save' an ex-husband who hadn't bothered to visit her in well over a decade and is married now to someone else. That makes zero sense.

Madeleine74...love your cat picture!! My baby black kitty died 4 years ago, I still miss him. He was 19.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back