WA WA - Julie Weflen, 28, Spokane, 16 Sept 1987

He was known to or an acquaintance of Deborah Swanson or Sally Stone. A person with knowledge of this case seemed to let that tidbit slip in a conversation I had with him. But would not clarify if it was Swanson or Stone.

I'm hesitant to name names but he owns land very close to the abduction site and he runs a ropes course on it. You can Google it. He had something to do with the Spokane Mountaineering club in the past.

I'm hesitant to name names but he owns land very close to the abduction site and he runs a ropes course on it. You can Google it. He had something to do with the Spokane Mountaineering club in the past.

I know who this POI is but I I have no idea what links him to the case. Do you have any idea why he was a suspect?

What the hell is a ropes course?

They're usually found at summer/church camps or wilderness retreats. It's a course made up of zip lines, climbing, trust falls & crossing high balance beams from tree to tree while your "teammates" hold your harness rope. The activities are usually based on trusting others with your safety. It's meant to build trust & teamwork for businesses & corporations. Kinda corny, but fun for kids and teens.

I am an independent citizen investigating Julie's disappearance. Could you please message me the name of your poi? From what I have gathered the only person of interest identified in this case is dead.

I do not think it is a good idea for me or anyone else to pass on a name of a suspect unless we know the reason that person is is a suspect. Actually, it is a violation of WS L

Sorry. Accidentally hit send
It is against WS policy to name a suspect who hasn't been identified as a "person of interest" by some Law Enforcement agency.

With a little Googling and a few hints that have been provided here should lead you to the name. I am unaware that he has ever been identified as a POI in the media but I am aware of three internet posters, including one on this board who have alluded to this person being a "strong suspect". I have no idea what the basis of this is.

I am an independent citizen investigating Julie's disappearance. Could you please message me the name of your poi? From what I have gathered the only person of interest identified in this case is dead.

From what I've heard is he was in the Spokane Mountaineering club along with Julie Weflen. He has land very near to the abduction site and refused to cooperate at all with law enforcement. He threatened SPD with a lawsuit saying he was receiving threatening calls and was losing business due to their investigation. The police never did identify him to the public but did refer to him as a POI. After the lawsuit an article appeared in the Spokesman Review saying he was no longer a POI. Coincidence? Also he was an acquaintance of Deborah Swanson who also disappeared, in a area where people rock-climb no less. So the long answer is no I won't name him. But I've given you enough information that some google searches should fill in the blanks. There's multiple coincidences with this guy and between those and his refusal to be questioned or help SPD at all makes me very suspicious.

Just a hypothetical- If it was this suspect that kidnapped Julie he could've easily driven her from the substation to his property in under 5 minutes. Julie was visable from the road- the same road that leads to his property. Check it out on Google earth.

Vaden, is this guy still alive? How old was he at the time? Did he have a wife and kids?

Thank you very much for this information. I had wondered if this was the same individual acquainted with Debbie Swanson. Quite interesting.

Vaden, is this guy still alive? How old was he at the time? Did he have a wife and kids?
Yes he is alive. I don't know if he's married or has kids. Not sure about age, looks like he's in his late 50's but I'm just guessing on that.

I know the poi had a connection with Debbie Swanson but does anyone know if he knew Sally Stone?

29 years Julie has been missing. That's longer than I've been alive. I hope this bold, compassionate and caring woman somehow gets justice.

Can someone fill me in on the Debbie Swanson and Sally Stone cases?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back