CA EDER, Carl - Namus 14880

He looks to me to be this guy.

The unidentified: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/966umtx.html

The missing: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14880/58

Sue Doe Nimm posted it back in post #8 in his thread. I think she was onto something, but there is not reference to whether the LE's got back to her or not.

I wonder if it is worth notifying the current investigator on his case.

[Aside, so as not to confuse a possible match between NV UID and Eder, which is how this thread was tasked.

The MP that was discussed in the http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-206301.html post was not this UID. I think you're saying that Eder has already matched out with this MP? A UID from TX?

That TX UID was also discussed here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...66UMTX-70-90-Lived-Under-Multiple-ID-s-Mar-05

I did research the WS site(s), but it sounds as though LE has been contacted with a TX/Eder match and no confirmation was forthcoming. I looked at the info on the TX UID myself and thought the match unlikely. He was substantially shorter than Eder and he was using BD's in the 1920's... And he was calculated to be between 70-90 in 2005.

Anyway, that's a summary of my route through those earlier threads.

I used those threads to mine information on Eder—which I confirmed in the originals—after I noted that the proposed matches with Eder seemed unlikely.
[End of Aside]

There is no sign that Eder isn't still wanted, as far as I can tell. http://www.fugitive.com/2014/01/21/...rs-for-murder-of-woman-and-her-four-children/ has a date of Jan 21 2014, although this is a secondary source, not a primary. I can't locate a primary for 2014, although I have tried. However, I'm not particularly concerned about this, as LE will know exactly what the status is, up to this very day.

IIRC, LE had new information on "our" UID in 2013-ish, but I might have this wrong. I'm thinking Eder's file is as current as our UID was at that point, so we have contemporaneous MP Eder and UID status.

Yes, that is correct. I believe the UID that had the heart attack in Texas is Carl Eder and NOT the Sand Canyon John Doe that we are trying to identify. Thanks for clarifying that for me Rickshaw Fan. As Sue mentioned in her post, people do get shorter the more they age, so the height difference didn't bother me.

To me, it would fit if he escaped from CA and was trying to head for the border and ended up in Texas.

Yes, that is correct. I believe the UID that had the heart attack in Texas is Carl Eder and NOT the Sand Canyon John Doe that we are trying to identify. Thanks for clarifying that for me Rickshaw Fan. As Sue mentioned in her post, people do get shorter the more they age, so the height difference didn't bother me.

To me, it would fit if he escaped from CA and was trying to head for the border and ended up in Texas.

It sounds like something got miscommunicated here? The conclusion above and as the result of discussion elsewhere in WS (since LE was contacted and Carl Eder remained on the MP lists) was the "TX UID that had the heart attack" was NOT Carl Eder.

IMO We should continue to assume Carl Eder cannot be eliminated as a candidate at this time. LE will have a big fat LE file wth a lot more detail than we can get access to. I'm thinking we just need to do whatever we can to ferret out any details that would exclude him from being a candidate. And if we serendipitously land on some revealing tidbit, so much the better. This might be where the isotope information helps out.

Just so there's no confusion, in bold:

We should continue to assume Carl Eder cannot be eliminated as a candidate at this time.

There is no evidence from what I can tell that he is not still at large.

I'm not sure how they'd go about making a match between a man whose only identifier is fingerprints and an unidentified person who deliberately destroyed his fingerprints.

You are so right, carbuff.... I have no idea. However, since CE was in prison, they might have a lot more physical detail in the LE file that may facilitate a match.

Plus, it seems as though this UID's hands and feet were completely removed: no potential for palm prints, even, if the body had been discovered before the flesh had returned as it were "dust to dust".

I'm guessing dentals might help, with a big but but but: I wouldn't put it past CE to take out all his teeth to prevent ID. But then, of course, we have an UID with serious dental issues and a lot of missing teeth......

Some speculation about what could be in CE's file:

I'm wondering if LE has CE hair samples in their file (the hair gets shaved off on entry to prison?) that would help with a match........ There would be no DNA (AFAIK) on shaved-off hair because there'd be no hair follicle. But there would be shade and texture.

Pure speculation......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back