The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM.

Is anything known about the "witness"?
That is an excellent question. There have been rumors the yorke cinnamon getting out of the yard that night at some point, and that the neighbor had put the dog back into the yard. I think that story pertains to that night. So there's that potential. There is also the potential that one of the of the "Two Other People" that were with the group that night, and walked the girls back to their cars prior to the girls leaving JK's house, was the one who drove by Suzie's house after he the girls departed. Its also possible that the account of the way the cars were parked was made by the paper carrier that also reported the brown van parked on Kingston around the corner from Sherrill's house. Ultimately, I don't have an immediate answer for this. Can anyone else clarify this issue?

RSBM.

Is anything known about the "witness"?

I don't know anything more about this unfortunately, but I can look through the articles again and see if I messed something. I'm pretty sure that I never saw them outline that more specifically in any further newspaper stories.

If threatened with a weapon I don't think it would be that difficult.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Totally Agree! Gun's and Knives are very persuasive, especially when they are in the hand of people who you know have no compunction for harming others. Guns especially.

There's also the added threat of your Mother/Daughter being harmed if you don't comply. That would scare me more than a threat to my own self, if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's also the added threat of your Mother/Daughter being harmed if you don't comply. That would scare me more than a threat to my own self, if that makes sense.

Good Point!!

Could the broken light globe have been something to get the attention of those in the house? When someone came to the door to look at the porch, they are confronted with an armed intruder and that is how the person or persons gained entry to the home. I've been inclined in the past to think it was more than one person. But after reading how the East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker managed to control couples with one being male, I can see it being one person. Easier for one person to keep a secret than two or more.

I've always considered that a possibility, but I also wonder if it could have been broken during the abduction when a struggle was taking place. Or maybe one of the girls broke the light bulb purposely to try to get a neighbor's attention.

I've always considered that a possibility, but I also wonder if it could have been broken during the abduction when a struggle was taking place. Or maybe one of the girls broke the light bulb purposely to try to get a neighbor's attention.

Didn't the newspaper mention that investigators found in the house a memo from Sherrill to get the front porch light fixed? Monkeyman, did you see anything like that in the newspaper articles you reviewed?

Didn't the newspaper mention that investigators found in the house a memo from Sherrill to get the front porch light fixed? Monkeyman, did you see anything like that in the newspaper articles you reviewed?
I seem to recall someone making a statement like that in one of the forums....but I haven't seen it in the Media stories.
One thing to consider is, if there was a note regarding fixing the light, it didn't get broken prior to that night. If the note was indeed factual, it had to be a particular part of the lamp other than the porch globe. I don't think Sherrill would have broken the lamp that night, and not cleaned it up. It could have been that the lamp was loose or something like that....missing a screw that held the globe in place securely. But....I don't have the answer to this one. I'll look back through the Media stories and see if I can find out anything more specific.

This case is so perplexing to me. It's one thing for one person to disappear, but THREE?!? I shudder to think of what the poor women went through. I really hope that there is an arrest soon and some resolution for their loved ones.

It's been said that they (Law Enforcement) found cash and uncashed checks that Sherrill received as payment for her services (Beautician), in her purse. I think that's why they ruled out robbery. Unless there was a much larger amount of money that Sherrill was keeping in the house. They say that things were out of place in her room, like someone had possible gone through the closet. Based on that issue, and the issue that investigators pointed out that Sherrill used money orders instead of checks, might point to Sherrill keeping money at the house. But that's just speculation on my part.

Hi MM- I've followed this case for years, used to post a lot more, etc. I was born and raised in Springfield and was 12 the summer they disappeared. What caught my eye in this post of yours is about things being out of place, the closet possibly gone thru-- are you referring to Sherrill's bedroom or Suzi's? I've read a lot about the case and don't recall ever reading LE said things were disturbed in the house. Interesting.

Hi MM- I've followed this case for years, used to post a lot more, etc. I was born and raised in Springfield and was 12 the summer they disappeared. What caught my eye in this post of yours is about things being out of place, the closet possibly gone thru-- are you referring to Sherrill's bedroom or Suzi's? I've read a lot about the case and don't recall ever reading LE said things were disturbed in the house. Interesting.

Ok....so I finally got a chance to look up this issue. This issue was reported in the first month or so in the Springfield News-Leader. They were interviewing Sherrill's other daughter (I can't remember if she is biological or a step-daughter), I think she lived in Seattle, WA. at the time. She had expressed much concern about a report that her mom's bedroom (Sherrill's) had been found to have clothes and shoes all over the floor. She said her mother was very orderly and would have never left her room looking like that. It did not say anything about the things on the floor having come from the closet though. So that part has just been speculation on others part, and I didn't mean to perpetuate that "Rumor". However, it is true that she had been told by police or someone else that her mothers room was found with clothes and shoes all over the floor. Was Sherrill a neat person? Don't know. Was her daughter/step-daughter accurate in her description of Sherrill's neat habits. I don't know. May be Sherrill wasn't as neat and tidy as her daughter/step-daughter remembered. Or may be there was something more to the clothes and the shoes being found on the floor of her room.
Anyone care to add to this??

This is one of the cases that has always haunted me. I definitely want to invest some time into sleuthing this case. I have always felt that this one can be solved.

Much love to the family members of these beautiful women.

It haunts me too. In fact, if a time machine is ever invented and I could only go back to one time, I would choose this to see what did happen that night.

Thinking of Sherill, Suzy and Stacy today and always.

Bring the ladies home in 2016.

TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now missing 8609 days -- 23 years, 6 months, 26 days.

It never fails to astound me that three people vanished and we still don't know what happened, all these years later.

It never fails to astound me that three people vanished and we still don't know what happened, all these years later.

What should also astound you is the "Actual Number" of random people who go missing every day, every week, and every year......never to be seen again. No answers, No closure,.....Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361