TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

It's been 13 years and I don't think they are any closer to solving this case than when it happened. Mr. Cooke (RIP) used to post on this thread and he wrote this awhile ago, which I believe is the most likely scenario:

Most people always point to a serial killer but in most cases it's someone who knew the victim or knew of them. Examples: family member, current or former ex-boyfriend, construction worker, etc. Serial killers murder only a small percentage people. The media just focuses a lot on them.

So when that one guy was announced as the perpetrator, it didn't sound likely and he was probably just messing with the family and LE. Since nothing is known and he brought himself into the investigation, there's always a chance but I doubt it. Regardless, I hope the family receives resolution one day.

Oh my heart hurts so much at the fact that he died not knowing what happened :(, but I believe he has been reunited with his beloved daughter at last. So many lovely comments on his obituary. May you be at peace now Mr Cooke.

There is one development in the case, said Knutson, who was assigned to investigate it about 2½ years ago. While pursuing a lead, he and other investigators turned up a “large amount of new material,” he said. They sent it to the Texas Department of Public Safety lab for testing more than a year ago and are still waiting for results.

Knutson wouldn’t say what the material was or where it was found.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/local/rachel-cooke-to-be-remembered-14-years-after-she-v/np2DY/

I just rewatched the Disappeared episode tonight. Such a sad, sad situation. I can only imagine how very sad it is for her family to see that tree growing every year. I know people mean well, but I wouldn't want to see a constant reminder like that growing and thriving, doing the very things that were stolen from my loved one.

Georgetown teen still missing after going on morning run 15 years ago

Nearly 15 years after she disappeared, the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office is still getting tips on Rachel Cooke. The 19-year-old vanished during her morning run in Georgetown on Jan. 10, 2002. Walking the streets of her old neighborhood where Rachel disappeared brings back a lot of memories for her mother, Janet Cooke.

“Just makes you wonder what happened between here and the house.” Cooke says her daughter was last seen about 200 yards from their home on Neches Trail near Navajo Trail, around 11 a.m.

Friends, family remember Georgetown who disappeared 15 years ago

Any chance Jimmy Fennell or William Lewis Reece are possible perps?

Jimmy Fennell is filthy, and it seems there's nothing he won't do. Rachel certainly would have been his "type" - do you know if he was ever investigated, even by supporters of Rodney Reed, who are trying to prove that Jimmy Fennell, not Reed, killed Stacy Stites?

Investigated by local (liberal) media? Definitely. The Austin Chronicle, The Daily Texan and the Elgin Courier have all published some excellent articles to that end.

By the conservative good old boy network - the powers that be in Williamson and Bastrop counties? Pffft. I doubt it, but I honestly hope that I am way wrong about that.

Time will tell.

The Vanished podcast just covered Rachel's case.

http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2017/1/3/episode-59-rachel-cooke

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

THANK YOU for posting this!! I'm kind of local to the area, and have followed this case since she went missing, and had internet contact with Robert Cooke, as many of us did here. There is so much more information in this podcast than has ever been broadcast, including the information that they have several suspects. Although they couldn't elaborate any more than to suspect her ex boyfriend Thomas, and to dismiss Michael Moore (I agree with dismissing him - he's just an absolute jerk who would claim responsibility for the publicity) it seems they do have a bead on who abducted Rachel. I have always thought she returned home and then something happened after that point, and I still think that. She jogged - there is much evidence to support that - and then she was last seen 300 yards from her home, and then was noticed missing hours later by her family who returned home to discover she wasn't there. I have always thought that something happened other than her being snatched off the street in broad daylight by a stranger. It seems most likely she returned home, after her run, and then something happened within her home.

I also have to say that it dismays me that construction workers are so often the public's suspects in a crime. In my observation construction workers are very unlikely to leave their group and commit a crime where they would be noticed missing. They are very often helpful witnesses to crimes that occur.

God rest Robert Cooke. He died of a broken heart, in my opinion. Prayers that Rachel's disappearance will be resolved and the perps brought to justice.

Good deal. I am local and was uber busy with work, kids, and school back when she went missing so never kept up but I have always been curious why her case was never solved.

I listen to true crime podcasts at night to help me sleep and it usually takes me a few listens to catch everything. I must have slept through that part but I did hear the part about the construction workers and share your opinion about that. But mom is desperate for answers so yeah. My heart goes out to her. I hope this one gets solved.

There is one development in the case, said Knutson, who was assigned to investigate it about 2½ years ago. While pursuing a lead, he and other investigators turned up a “large amount of new material,” he said. They sent it to the Texas Department of Public Safety lab for testing more than a year ago and are still waiting for results.

Knutson wouldn’t say what the material was or where it was found.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/local/rachel-cooke-to-be-remembered-14-years-after-she-v/np2DY/

Wonder what happened with the large amount of new material. Surely they've completed testing by now? Also, has there been any more news about whether Michael Moore will still be tried for her murder? I realize he recanted his confession, but I also read that they still believe he's guilty.

Agreed! An abductor and murderer is on the loose--and there doesn't appear to be a sense of urgency. WTH is taking so long??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back