GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

Richard J. Fuschino, D.J.'s attorney, said the prosecutor's case was "weak."

http://www.nj.com/camden/index.ssf/2016/01/dad_of_dead_toddler_arraigned_on_murder_charges.html

______

Brendan Link Creato was the victim of "homicidal violence" akin to smothering or strangulation.

Assistant prosecutor Christine Shah laid out what she said was "obviously a circumstantial case."

David Creato, she told the judge, killed Brendan because the boy had become an impediment to his efforts to preserve a romantic relationship with a girlfriend. The girlfriend resented Creato's continued dealings with Brendan's mother, with whom he shared custody of the boy, Shah said.

During a relationship between June and October that Shah called "intense," she said Creato and his girlfriend exchanged 9,487 text messages.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/l..._000_bail_for_Creato.html#2wfDR3ms6w7r0ViF.99

so wait. Was the GF there all night or did she arrive in the morning? If DJ was logging into her accounts worried about a rival was it while she was there asleep in the apartment? Or did she arrive the next morning in time for the 911 call.

I am still confused by the tweet about GF won't hang around when DJ has his kid because she doesn't like kids or Brendan or something? Dang it I sure wish I could have seen the hearing.

Maybe someone who got to watch the livestream can fill in the gaps left for me by the tweets.

so wait. Was the GF there all night or did she arrive in the morning? If DJ was logging into her accounts worried about a rival was it while she was there asleep in the apartment? Or did she arrive the next morning in time for the 911 call.

I am still confused by the tweet about GF won't hang around when DJ has his kid because she doesn't like kids or Brendan or something? Dang it I sure wish I could have seen the hearing.

Maybe someone who got to watch the livestream can fill in the gaps left for me by the tweets.

In the part of the livestream that I saw the prosecutor gave the timeline of the girlfriend going back to New York in the afternoon and the little boy being brought back to his dad's by his grandmother & aunt that evening around 8:00 p.m. The girlfriend was not there the night of the boy's death. I don't know who the father was heard talking to during the 911 call?

In the part of the livestream that I saw the prosecutor gave the timeline of the girlfriend going back to New York in the afternoon and the little boy being brought back to his dad's by his grandmother & aunt that evening around 8:00 p.m. The girlfriend was not there the night of the boy's death. I don't know who the father was heard talking to during the 911 call?

He was talking to his mother, I believe. He called her, or she came over, before he called police.

From what I understand, D.J. was alone with Brendan that night. The next morning he noticed Brendan was "gone" so he called his mother and she came over and helped him look around the apartment. During that time, D.J. called the police.

He was later found partially submerged in the water in a wooded section of nearby Cooper River Park.

It's a location that D.J. Creato told investigation was "spiritual" for him, and one he had been to many times.

[...]

Phone records from the night before Brendan died showed numerous text messages and phone calls between Creato and his girlfriend.

Creato also allegedly accessed her Snapchat account around 1:37 a.m.

Around 6 a.m., Creato called 911 to report his son missing.

http://6abc.com/news/prosecutor-gives-alleged-timeline-in-brendan-creato-death/1154775/

ok. now I follow their case and timeline.

So yeah, Now that I see their thinking on events of that night I get why they are going for murder 1. If they are right then he premeditated the murder of his own child to satisfy the whims of his 17 year old GF. It doesn't get much colder than that. :(

I'm sure it's all spelled out in those slight less than 10,000 text messages.

now that we finally have movement I am going back to square one to reacquaint with the old original stories. I found this interesting.

--------------------
Vic Filosa, who owns the two-story brown-brick building where Creato lives, said Creato had moved into one of the seven units in February or March of this year, following repair work to the building.

Filosa said Creato always has paid his rent on time and has never caused problems. "None whatsoever," Filosa said. "He's been an excellent tenant."

Filosa added: "You never even know he's there, very quiet."

POSTED: October 16, 2015

http://articles.philly.com/2015-10-16/news/67453327_1_brendan-county-dispatcher-911-call

DJ Creato, who was behind on rent, moved out of the apartment he shared with his son at the intersections of Cooper and Virginia streets, about two weeks after he called Haddon Township police at 6 a.m. to report Brendan missing.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/creato-death-investigation-beginning-feel-cool-case-50-days-later/

He was later found partially submerged in the water in a wooded section of nearby Cooper River Park.

It's a location that D.J. Creato told investigation was "spiritual" for him, and one he had been to many times.

[...]

Phone records from the night before Brendan died showed numerous text messages and phone calls between Creato and his girlfriend.

Creato also allegedly accessed her Snapchat account around 1:37 a.m.

Around 6 a.m., Creato called 911 to report his son missing.

http://6abc.com/news/prosecutor-gives-alleged-timeline-in-brendan-creato-death/1154775/

ok. now I follow their case and timeline.

So yeah, Now that I see their thinking on events of that night I get why they are going for murder 1. If they are right then he premeditated the murder of his own child to satisfy the whims of his 17 year old GF. It doesn't get much colder than that. :(

This makes me ill. If this is in fact what happened then this "dad" deserves a slow and painful death. The needle, or whatever NJ uses if NJ has the death penalty, is too easy and nice. I hope this guy gets some serious jail house justice if that is in fact what happened and he in fact killed his baby. Anyone who puts a lover, or anyone else for that matter, above their children is worthless.

This makes me ill. If this is in fact what happened then this "dad" deserves a slow and painful death. The needle, or whatever NJ uses if NJ has the death penalty, is too easy and nice. I hope this guy gets some serious jail house justice if that is in fact what happened and he in fact killed his baby. Anyone who puts a lover, or anyone else for that matter, above their children is worthless.

I hear ya....he will get his just desserts.

So he accessed her snapchat at 1:37am.

This means he was wide awake and on his phone, less than 4.5 hours before he called 911 to report Brendan missing.

The prosecution is contending (obviously) at some point between 1:37am (assuming he wasn't already dead), DJ (dad) killed this baby, took him down to the "spiritual place" by the water, carefully layed him down so he was only partially submerged, then went back home.

There wasn't any mud or debris of any kind on Brendan's socks but there would have had to be on DJ's shoes/boots, the way they described how it was wet/muddy with leaves on the ground. I suppose he could have used the excuse that his shoes/boots looked like that because he'd been there (I think it was said on the 11th) but that wouldn't wash because the mud would have most certainly still been wet. Did they even check his shoes/boots, or did they even think of it at the time?

This is so disgusting. The 17 year old is a little see-you-next-Tuesday by the sounds of it and the fact that this "father" would plot to murder his own son for her is nauseating. Can he also get slapped with a statutory rape charge??

I just can't believe it. I don't want to believe someone would murder a baby to satisfy a teenage girl. I hope she doesn't sleep at night.

ETA: does anyone think maybe the pair conspired together to get rid of Brendan? It's very suspicious that he would visit where he placed him the day before Brendan died, with his "intense" relationship and all. Not so sure what's "intense" about dating a 17-year-old but I suppose mentally they're probably in the same league.

So was the old man seen with a stroller ruled out?

I would like to know more about the argument the neighbor overheard/ the car he saw early in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

According to the prosecution's argument today, DJ and that same gf that hated Brendan, are still together. How's that for a sick icing on this cake? :gaah:

From the 6ABC.com article referenced in another post below:

"D.J. Creato began dating a 17-year-old girl in June of 2015, and the girl had a 'dislike' of children, prosecutors say. Still, the couple kept dating.

In September, the girl went away to college and, according to prosecutors, became upset that Creato had custody of his son every other weekend, limiting their time together.

Furthermore, Creato was alleged to have been jealous of a boy that his girlfriend was talking to at college, and is accused of logging in to her social media accounts. At one point, he allegedly posed as the girl online and told the boy to leave her alone.

The girl repeatedly threatened to break up with Creato, Shah said."

I just don't understand this. If he really didn't want Brendan around, why didn't he just give Brendan's mother full custody? Why do such a heinous, selfish thing and ruin so many lives??

That is what is hanging me up on the prosecution's theory too DropthePuck. Why wouldn't a father who found fatherhood inconvenient just stop fathering? Many do that every day. Unless there was a financial concern. If he and Brendan's mom shared custody does that mean neither owed the other child support? Could it be about the Benjamins?

I'm shocked. For a girl. Sigh😢
I think DJ loved being a father. Or at least he seemed to enjoy it before he started dating the girl. I guess he loved her more than his own son. Unbelievable! 😠

It blows my mind that he only had his poor baby every other weekend, and he couldn't think of any thing other than strangulation to satisfy his cold hearted teen witch. What a brutal, callous, sick remedy for the situation. I hope they lock him away forever. :jail:

According to the prosecution's argument today, DJ and that same gf that hated Brendan, are still together. How's that for a sick icing on this cake? :gaah:

Totally disgusting. I hope she gets taken down a notch or two somehow, as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back