Steven Averys Ex-Fiancée Jodi Stachowski's Interview with HLN

threecrazykids

Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted but Jodi is going to be on Nancy Grace at 8pm ET tonight to tell her story of what a monster SA is and that he is guilty.
She also goes on to tell how she ate two boxes of rat poisoning to (in so many words) "get away from him".
I am going to save my opinion until after I watch but I'm going on the record now to say that her pants are on fire about eating two boxes of rat poisoning juat to get away from him.
1. She'd likely not live.
2. When they " broke up" he was locked up and she could have "left him" at any point.
3. Pretty sure she not only broke the restraining order but willingly went to see him.
4. Just from the 2 minute clip I believe her about as much as I'd be excited about a female friend getting a text from Kratz.

Not sure if this was posted but Jodi is going to be on Nancy Grace at 8pm ET tonight to tell her story of what a monster SA is and that he is guilty.
She also goes on to tell how she ate two boxes of rat poisoning to (in so many words) "get away from him".
I am going to save my opinion until after I watch but I'm going on the record now to say that her pants are on fire about eating two boxes of rat poisoning juat to get away from him.
1. She'd likely not live.
2. When they " broke up" he was locked up and she could have "left him" at any point.
3. Pretty sure she not only broke the restraining order but willingly went to see him.
4. Just from the 2 minute clip I believe her about as much as I'd be excited about a female friend getting a text from Kratz.

Agreed, lol. I don't believe her for one minute, heck the doc said that she had been arrested 3 times for breaking the no contact order, before she finally got the picture and disappeared from his life. Doesn't sound like she thought he was a "monster" then.

NGrace is on right now, I haven't watched her show for quite awhile.... 2 minutes in, I'm ready to turn the channel LOL

They just showed clips of Jodi.... she said SA told her how to act in the netflix documentary and "forced her to lie" ... the forcing her to lie thing.... I don't know, she may have lost me right there.... he was in jail!

Interview of Jodi on HLN - this might need to get moved somewhere, but wanted to put it up so people know it now exists.

[video=youtube;HTz673OMTF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTz673OMTF0[/video]

NGrace is on right now, I haven't watched her show for quite awhile.... 2 minutes in, I'm ready to turn the channel LOL

They just showed clips of Jodi.... she said SA told her how to act in the netflix documentary and "forced her to lie" ... the forcing her to lie thing.... I don't know, she may have lost me right there.... he was in jail!

Completely agree- WI (as most states) record inmate phone calls, so if there was any "coercion" from Avery to Jodi via prison phone calls you can bet Kratz would have been jumping up and down w. excitement at the thought of showing that to a jury

Thanks for posting the interview with Jodi. Even though it doesn't sway me one way or the other regarding his guilt about the murder, it does make me a bit less concerned that he spend some time in prison, because I do believe that he was abusive. JMO

The only part of the Jodi interview that gave me pause was when she said that she felt Brandan was innocent, and when asked why, said that SA forced him to kill (or help kill) Theresa. That struck me as strange.

The only part of the Jodi interview that gave me pause was when she said that she felt Brandan was innocent, and when asked why, said that SA forced him to kill (or help kill) Theresa. That struck me as strange.

She obviously doesn't know what exactly happened Oct 31, but I'm guessing it's her opinion based on what she knows about both of them personally:

Steven has a long history of being violent, abusive, and manipulative.
Brendan seems like an innocent, dumb kid.

On that note:

If I start seeing a bunch of people run Jodi through the mud and attack her character because she's done this interview (as I've already seen elsewhere), I think I will have to bow out of this discussion.

While she's not perfect, I think it was very brave of Jodi to speak out about everything.

I don't think its a leap to believe that Jodi may think Brendan had something to do w. Teresa's murder because Steven manipulated him into it. I'm sure she's not the only one. She clearly thinks Avery is guilty and manipulative.

Jodi ate rat poison in order to be hospitalized and separated from Stephen? Yet after being in jail for her latest DUI, she went back to the trailer and to him, essentially.

I get the hold captors/predators have over victims but dude was in jail... so why continue contact with him if he's so evil?

From her interview.... she says that she was supposed to get out that day to go to a class and for some reason, a reason she still doesn't know, the jail wouldn't let her out. I wonder what time he was supposed to pick her up? Did he go to the jail and find out then that she wasn't being let out to go to this class? She didn't call until 6pmish, and we know of no earlier calls letting him know not to come (not from her anyway)
My thinking.... he called Auto trader early in the morning, right? He knew or thought he had to go at some point that day to get Jodi, this could be a reason he called her to find out when she was going to be there, just thought. I would like to know what time she was supposed to go to this class.

My take on the Jodi interview is that she was being truthful and was abused. I don't think she ever tried to overstate anything or claim to know any facts about the case, and it didn't seem spiteful. She came across to me as someone feeling responsible on some level because the very day it happened , her meeting with him was cancelled. Even when questioned about the choking and no marks, she didn't feel the need to say anything to prove her claims, she just said she didn't see the marks on her neck so there might not have been.

Maybe she go paid to do this, but I don't think it's damaging in terms of adding any evidence to the case, except that it likely is true that he has beaten her. If there wasn't already examples of Avery losing control in the past, I'd be more likely to question this a bit more. But I think what she says, is kind of what I expected the relationship was like. If she has been hit before, there should be pictures verifying that. If she was told to act a certain way by avery, prison phone calls should verify that.

I get the feeling that she likely realizes what's going to come her way from here. I feel bad for her personally, because as sketchy as she is, she doesn't deserve to be hit. And I do believe she was hit.

Not much more to say, some will believe her, some won't. I believe her, and kind of expected that this aspect existed. I'm sure many , like myself, are not surprised.

Interview of Jodi on HLN - this might need to get moved somewhere, but wanted to put it up so people know it now exists.

[video=youtube;HTz673OMTF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTz673OMTF0[/video]

This is neither here nor there but why are there so many moments in this interview that are totally focused on the interviewer (can't remember her name) and no camera on Jodi? All I hear is her voice but they don't show her speaking. Seems weird.

I'm not done the interview yet Max, but I totally agree with you. I don't think anyone should not believe her about the abuse. Because she was in jail at the time, I don't think there is much for her to add about that day, not like she gave him an alibi and is now saying she lied. There are a lot of things that she was asked about that she didn't even really remember, and if she hasn't seen the documentary, she isn't even sure what they used in it with her (ie. phone calls that day), and she didn't remember them all that well now.

I do feel sorry for her too.

Jodi ate rat poison in order to be hospitalized and separated from Stephen? Yet after being in jail for her latest DUI, she went back to the trailer and to him, essentially.

I get the hold captors/predators have over victims but dude was in jail... so why continue contact with him if he's so evil?

I get what you are saying, but I think we can ask this same question about so many abused women, and not get an answer that we understand. But we have to accept that it's very common.

She does mention self preservation. Where does she go ? Ultimately, she does leave. But I see it as plausible that she was dependent on him. Getting up and leaving on any given day was possible, but not easy. I get that.

I just hope we don't see her get attacked verbally by people over what she said. I honestly believe she's been abused. I didn't feel those were crocodile tears.

She obviously doesn't know what exactly happened Oct 31, but I'm guessing it's her opinion based on what she knows about both of them personally:

Steven has a long history of being violent, abusive, and manipulative.
Brendan seems like an innocent, dumb kid.

On that note:

If I start seeing a bunch of people run Jodi through the mud and attack her character because she's done this interview (as I've already seen elsewhere), I think I will have to bow out of this discussion.

While she's not perfect, I think it was very brave of Jodi to speak out about everything.
I do not see this occurring on this site. And if it does, please click the little alert triangle at the bottom of the post.

As for elsewhere? Yes, I have seen it elsewhere. Imho, it's unfortunate. Even if people think the man is innocent of this murder, it doesn't make him an angel. Moreover, if you read the Milwaukee Magazine article of 2006... well before this MaM social media firestorm of "SA is innocent!," there is a very small paragraph regarding the assault Ms. Stachowski referred to in her interview.

I have to wonder that she wouldn't share these things with LE when a woman has been murdered, to help convict SA, but she would eat rat poison to get away from him.

I also think her timing is suspect.

**But abusive relationships can cause complicated mental health issues, so I really can't know what her state of mind was at the time, or is now, some 10 yrs later.

<modsnip>

I'm on the fence about whether or not Jodi is telling the truth. But I do believe he was abusive towards her, that was something I already thought before seeing this. I feel sorry for her and thought her feelings of guilt seemed very genuine.

If she has been hit before, there should be pictures verifying that. If she was told to act a certain way by avery, prison phone calls should verify that. I get the feeling that she likely realizes what's going to come her way from here.

As a prior victim of abuse, no not necessarily will you have pictures. I didn't take any--should have--but when you are going through something like that--you don't think to take pictures. Often times, the abuser has the abused alienated from family and friends, so you don't tell them what happened. I think when it is happening, you are scared and afraid you are going to die. That's why many people (women) who are victims of abuse, never press charges, never even go to the police. There is a level of shame for the victim. They have been drilled that the abuse is their fault. Alot of times, the person doesn't have to say anything or can say one word they know will trigger the fear. He didn't have to come right out and tell her--all he needed to do is insinuate it--and the fear and pressure are on.

As a prior victim of abuse, no not necessarily will you have pictures. I didn't take any--should have--but when you are going through something like that--you don't think to take pictures. Often times, the abuser has the abused alienated from family and friends, so you don't tell them what happened. I think when it is happening, you are scared and afraid you are going to die. That's why many people (women) who are victims of abuse, never press charges, never even go to the police. There is a level of shame for the victim. They have been drilled that the abuse is their fault. Alot of times, the person doesn't have to say anything or can say one word they know will trigger the fear. He didn't have to come right out and tell her--all he needed to do is insinuate it--and the fear and pressure are on.

I thought she mentioned at one point there were pictures in the case of one of the instances where police were involved or her Parole Officer saw them. Poor wording on my part, I apologize. I do see your point , it's not a given.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back