Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silently following along here ... hope he is found soon! Below freezing sounds very dangerous :(

Anybody know what the "development" this morning was?

Oh no...was also hoping to wake up and read he was found. Ugh. Suddenly toddlers on leashes is looking less silly....I use to judge the women at the malls who would do this...now I dont. :) God bless this boy. Praying so hard he comes home safe!! Its really cold and wet out there for ANYONE, esp a toddler.

They scoot away QUICK don't they?! I don't have children yet but this site is an eye opener!! Deorr poofed into thin air, now this baby. I feel bad for the grandmother. She must be beating herself up about this but why do people take small children on 'nature walks'? Do we teach them to go into the woods now? Not judging...just asking. JMO. :angel: My parents always told me theyd beat my booty if I went into the woods. LOL. Also, Would a child that was just there and then "poofed" perhaps have fallen into something? Why don't they cry when they discover they are alone unless they can't or something because they are knocked out? Why don't they wail? :(

The Jackson Sun ‏@JSunNews 9m9 minutes ago
Coca Cola of Jackson just dropped off 50 cases of water for the volunteers and emergency workers in Pinson.

"the ponds were clear" <--- some of the most beautiful words, ever. Now let's pray they find this little guy real quick.
BEST NEWS!!! He can be alive!! I think we can bring this one home!! Praying hard!!! Please god bring this baby home. Let the searchers find him.

Kurt Mullen &#8207;@WBBJ7Kurt now
Madison Co. SD says volunteers have covered 8 sq. miles of land this morning searching for #NoahChamberlin. #FindNoah @WBBJ7News

I assume this was not a grid search of 8 sq miles, but people searching in the easiest to access places only. From the media links posted above it sounded like an organized grid search was just getting started around 11:00 or so. Does anybody know?

One man who searched last night indicated they were searching the 'path of least resistance', but the area was dense and hilly with a lot of creeks around. If he's found himself a log to climb under or thicket for protection he wouldn't necessarily be in the places that are easy for an adult to reach.

Also I hope they are searching uphill. Missing children are often found at a higher elevation than from where they went missing.

Our cabin is fifty miles from Pinson with woods all around. Just next to our cabin is a steep drop off. Those ravines are all over the place and the woods are thick. Although there are a lot of cedar trees in the area that stay evergreen, many of the other trees have lost their leaves and the ground is filled up high with leaves. He could have nestled amongst the leaves to keep warm but that would make him harder to find, especially if he fell and twisted an ankle. I pray they find him soon and safe.

[video=twitter;688066079210389504]https://twitter.com/WBBJ7Bethany/status/688066079210389504[/video]
Bethany Thompson @WBBJ7Bethany
UPDATE: Tom Mapes with the Madison Co. Sheriff's Office.

It seems like there should be some kind of public info out there on what to teach your young kids to do if they find themselves apart from their group in the wilderness. I live in CO and we hike and camp and I cannot recall ever learning this. Is it stop where you are and scream for help? Though this wouldn't be easy to teach a 2yo.

I'm also curious about the development from this morning. Has anyone heard anything else about that?

This breaks my heart but like Sheriff Mapes said earlier, it's hard to believe a 2 year-old could get this far. Unless it's rained recently in this area I would think the grandmother would have heard Noah stepping on the leaves or brushing against limbs when she found him missing. Not blaming or suggesting anything, just curious. Sure hope he's found soon. JMO

[video=twitter;688066079210389504]
Bethany Thompson @WBBJ7Bethany
UPDATE: Tom Mapes with the Madison Co. Sheriff's Office.
For those unable to watch the brief video, the spokesman says that a new canine unit has just arrived and that the 290 person team has been searching for 90 minutes now, but they have a lot of area to cover before it gets dark.

It seems like there should be some kind of public info out there on what to teach your young kids to do if they find themselves apart from their group in the wilderness. I live in CO and we hike and camp and I cannot recall ever learning this. Is it stop where you are and scream for help? Though this wouldn't be easy to teach a 2yo.

I know children are often told to hug a tree (stay put) and holler or blow a whistle if they have one. Unfortunately, toddlers are not able to understand anything that complex, IMO.

I hope he is found by dark. Do we know the exact location of where they were walking?

I'm also curious about the development from this morning. Has anyone heard anything else about that?

This breaks my heart but like Sheriff Mapes said earlier, it's hard to believe a 2 year-old could get this far. Unless it's rained recently in this area I would think the grandmother would have heard Noah stepping on the leaves or brushing against limbs when she found him missing. Not blaming or suggesting anything, just curious. Sure hope he's found soon. JMO
Nothing else was ever said about the new development and it was just one station mentioning it. It seems to me that the 'new development' might have been a change in the search plan - they decided to do an organized grid search. They had volunteers in buses early this morning and then took them off the buses for a briefing, in which they were instructed on how to search in an arms-length line in a grid pattern.

He's already spent one night out there alone and it's over 24 hours now :( He has to be hungry and cold. Find this baby!!

Just logged in and found another missing toddler. Heart wrenching. Trying to catch up but has anyone addressed if there are abandoned wells in that area?

Just logged in and found another missing toddler. Heart wrenching. Trying to catch up but has anyone addressed if there are abandoned wells in that area?

It has not been mentioned officially, but people are commenting on some of the articles about wells and sink holes. Apparently there are a lot of sink holes in the area.

There are some comments here: http://www.wbbjtv.com/2016/01/15/re...erty-as-search-for-missing-toddler-continues/. Just an example..it has been posted in other places too.

[video=twitter;688080190669455360]https://twitter.com/WBBJ7Kurt/status/688080190669455360[/video]
Kurt Mullen @WBBJ7Kurt
Another group of volunteers getting prepared to help #FindNoah. @WBBJ7News

Kurt Mullen &#8207;@WBBJ7Kurt 5m5 minutes ago
Exactly 24 hours since #NoahChamberlin was last seen near the woods in Pinson. Crews combing through nearby areas. #FindNoah @WBBJ7News

Bethany Thompson &#8207;@WBBJ7Bethany 12m12 minutes ago Jackson, TN
24 hours. #findNoah Tom Mapes says there are 500+ people working to find the toddler.

This is breaking my heart! Weeping over here! All these toddlers. WHY?!

Dear God, please bring this little one home right now.

Sadden to see another toddler missing, please let him turn up. Any word on vehicles being checked, trunks and so fourth. I remember last year a toddler had locked himself into a trunk and passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member