GUILTY AL - Kandi Murphy, 30, slain, sister abducted, Bibb County, 20 July 2015

Yes!!!!! Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy is going to take out everybody, himself included.

He knew the game was up when he left the sister's house with her dead inside of it.

This is going to end up being one of those cases where family and friends repeatedly warned LE about this guy, but they were turned away and told, "We can't do anything about it until he commits a crime".

Is this gonna rate high enough ?

I thought the same thing, Steelman. But I'm so thankful we were wrong and she's alive!!!!

I would have never believed it, but it is great news!

This is not how I thought this would end. So glad Tammy was found alive and I hope she'll be ok.

They said (not in an article yet) that she was able to run from him and get help.

I'm wondering how the hotel clerk in Eutaw didn't recognize him? I mean, Eutaw is tiny!! They have maybe 1 or 2 hotels!

I'm so glad to read she is okay! What a miracle.

Poor woman has to deal with her sister's death now. Very tragic.

Suspect John Barry Hubbard was caught at a Travel Inn motel, very close to I-20/59 near Union.

Officials say Carpenter visited a restaurant across the street from the motel to order food. She alerted management that she had been kidnapped and they called 911.

This creep guns down her sister, goes on the run, and then lets her walk around free as a bird to order take-out. Either she was playing him to the hilt, or this is one of the dumbest criminals ever born, you decide.

Glad she survived it, too bad she has to bury her sister because of this nut.

He's 60 years old, so he'll die in prison. Good enough.

Someone else was just arrested for aiding and abetting. Wade Rowland.

This creep guns down her sister, goes on the run, and then lets her walk around free as a bird to order take-out. Either she was playing him to the hilt, or this is one of the dumbest criminals ever born, you decide.

Glad she survived it, too bad she has to bury her sister because of this nut.

He's 60 years old, so he'll die in prison. Good enough.
Maybe she conned him into thinking that she wanted to be with him and they'd be together forever. Whatever she did....it worked.

From September:

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20150922/NEWS/150929899

Kandi Murphy's children saw John Barry Hubbard walk through their backyard, armed with two guns, before he went inside and shot their mother to death, an investigator testified in court Tuesday.

Hubbard, 60, was in Bibb County District Court for a preliminary hearing held Tuesday morning...

Tammy Murphy Carpenter also saw Hubbard firing the shots that killed her sister, Ratliff said. She had been in another room when she heard what he described as a commotion. “She walked in and saw him standing over Kandi as he fired two shots,” Ratliff said...

District Judge Jack W. Meigs found probable cause against Hubbard. The case will next be heard by a grand jury.

"Truly evil people don't just hurt others. They take pride in the pain they cause and then try to blame their victims." - unknown

Hey guys, we have some activity surrounding this case now. I do not know how to post a link.. so would one of you kind peeps do it for me? Al.com had some articles and also you can google. IT's very interesting. The police chief killed himself this time last year. Lots of things going on. Kandi's sister Tammy has filed a suit against the department, the sheriff's estate and several others involved in alleged cover up. Thanks in advance for posting the links for me.

"Charges were not brought because Harold Randolph intervened on Hubbard's behalf,'' the suit claims. It goes on to explain that Hubbard was employed by the Randolph family and had a close personal relationship with them. The suit also contends Randolph is a man of substantial influence in Bibb County, one of the largest landowners in the county and was a close friend of the sheriff's who communicated with him daily via Southern Link and through other means of communication.

"Randolph and Hannah conspired and agreed to protect Hubbard from criminal charges and arrest,'' according to the suit. "Hannah enlisted other members of his department in this conspiracy, including Keith Crofford, Hannah's chief investigator."

And:

That violent campaign, according to the suit, included Hubbard breaking into Carpenter's home, burning her mobile home in Orange Beach, burning the storage building behind her house and shooting out the windows of her business. He also was captured on video putting up defamatory posters about Carpenter. Hubbard, the suit claims, used his Randolph company truck in all, or most of, the incidents and was on the clock for the Randolphs much of the time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2017/10/now-dead_sherrif_and_others_pr.amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://wiat.com/2017/10/30/2015-kid.../?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_CBS42

The lawsuit continues with the timeline of that day, saying after meeting with Hubbard, Sheriff Hannah called Tammy and Kandi multiple times to get Kandi to remove a Facebook post alleging the sheriff was refusing to protect them. A deputy visited Tammy and Kandi to get details on the skidder incident; shortly after they left, Crofford called Tammy.

According to the complaint, while Tammy was on the phone with Crofford, “Hubbard, armed with two guns, walked through Tammy’s backyard, entered her home, and shot Kandi to death in front of her children. Tammy, after hearing the commotion, walked in to see Hubbard standing over Kandi as he fired two shots into her. Hubbard hit Tammy over the head and dragged her a couple hundred
yards to his company truck parked in the woods near the house.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam