Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Mapes, public information officer for the Madison County Sheriff's Office, said between 200-300 volunteers combed the expanded search area Monday night from about 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. but were forced to halt the search because the buses being used to b ring them back and forth from the site were needed to take the Chester County children to school.

Law enforcement resumed the search this morning.

"Law enforcement are out there this morning with fresh teams of dogs and new plans of attack," Mapes said.

He said he is not sure if Weaver will call for volunteers Tuesday evening as the temperatures are expected to be below freezing with a chance of sleet and snow likely after midnight.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...oah-still-search-and-rescue-mission/78996372/

I wonder what the "new plans of attack" are? I sure would like to see their graphic map of the areas they've searched.

I'm just going to have to "out" myself on this one. I stay because it's addicting, and I keep thinking and thinking of things that might have happened. It's a mystery that I think possibly a lot of minds thinking together could solve. Because I've seen it done on this board - someone has a brilliant idea and it's true. I was on this board when William Owenby went missing - and someone posted almost immediately that Shawn Hornbeck was also missing from that exact area under similar conditions, and the perp was likely the same. NO ONE in the media, over the next several days, mentioned this. Sure enough, when Owenby was found, there was Hornbeck. There's a lot of smarts on this board.

I do lose sleep - but it's because my mind is wandering about maybe he's in a cattle barn snuggled with a cow. Maybe he climbed into the open trunk of a car. My mind is thinking, thinking, thinking, and praying.

But if I were heartbroken and crying and couldn't function, I wouldn't be here. I can't read Nazi stories, or stories of people being tortured to death, but I can read stories about kids who have wandered off and might be found.

I wouldn't be here if it caused me the kind of pain I see the occasional poster mention. Bless you.

I've barely slept since Thursday. Missed work yesterday because this little boy missing has deeply affected me. Everything, i was supposed to do on the weekend, I did not accomplish. I've sat on social media since Thursday for hours refreshing pages because I am so far away and unable to help and that kills me.

There's a winter storm warning over night and into tomorrow for that area.
Travel may be difficult.
Prayers for the searchers and may they keep going for Noah and his family.
Hoping to get there sometime this week myself and see if they will allow me to search.
jmo

I found this website because of Noah. I signed up quickly but a moderator just approved it today. There's so much I wanted to add but it's moot at this point.

I am a paramedic and volunteer firefighter. I have two golden retrievers that we initially were going to train for SAR, but I have three very young children and the time commitment was too much at this point in my life. I have worked with a SAR professional to train my dogs with my children's scents as we live in the middle of national forests and camp frequently, and it only takes a few seconds for these little ones to wander. I've done enough searches through work for this to be my worst fear.

Unfortunately I believe the weather conditions have been unsurviveable for quite some time. I expect this to become a recovery at any moment now. I continue to pray the family can have some closure and eventually find peace down the road.

Welcome to the group. I don't know if your children are old enough but I always had whistles for my children. They come in handy if they get lost..

I'm sorry for your and your friend's loss.

During the last stages of hypothermia, the muscles that constrict the veins (to reduce heat loss) become weak, which allows blood to rush to the surface of the skin causing the person to feel quite warm, maybe even hot. They often burrow into a small space and simply fall asleep. I hope this little boy's family is able to find peace and strength in the coming days.
That actually gives me a bit of comfort; knowing there is a precious surge of warmth surrounding one as they succumb to hypothermia. Like a big hug from an angel welcoming him.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Welcome to the group. I don't know if your children are old enough but I always had whistles for my children. They come in handy if they get lost..

We've always been adamant about putting our kids in blaze orange hat or vest and giving them a little LED flashlight with a carabiner clip every time we go out. Since my kids are a bit older, we tell them to hunker down somewhere safe and cozy as soon as they realize they are lost and put their hat/vest out in a place where it can be easily seen near where they are sitting. The flashlights can be had for under $5 (always replace the original batteries before heading out) and the plastic vests can be had for $1 or so. There are slightly nicer fabric ones for a few dollars that will hold up longer. For another few dollars, you can get reflective tape or fabric to attach. The whistle is a great idea as well and I just picked up a few for my kids Christmas stocking when it was mentioned in the Deorr Kunz thread.

I found this website because of Noah. I signed up quickly but a moderator just approved it today. There's so much I wanted to add but it's moot at this point.

I am a paramedic and volunteer firefighter. I have two golden retrievers that we initially were going to train for SAR, but I have three very young children and the time commitment was too much at this point in my life. I have worked with a SAR professional to train my dogs with my children's scents as we live in the middle of national forests and camp frequently, and it only takes a few seconds for these little ones to wander. I've done enough searches through work for this to be my worst fear.

Unfortunately I believe the weather conditions have been unsurviveable for quite some time. I expect this to become a recovery at any moment now. I continue to pray the family can have some closure and eventually find peace down the road.

:welcome:

WELCOME!!!! [emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I can't believe this many days have passed and no Noah. After so many days searching non-stop, where is he? Wishing that the weather was warmer. Hoping Noah has found a safe warm place in a heated barn. I still think that they are not looking in the right area.

That poor baby :(:(:(

Please let today be the day he is found.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I can't imagine being that grandmother, circling in that clearing looking for that little boy, and forcing herself to walk back out of those woods to meet authorities. I'm not sure what I would have done, but I'll be damn sure to never head in the woods again with my kids without a whistle and my kids dressed in hunters orange to the 9s. What a horrible accident.

ETA: Are there not leaves on the ground? It's been dry and cold here, in MO, the past few days. The leaves would have been crunchy right? I do find it confusing how he was able to get away so quickly, head off into the woods, and then not make a sound. Was he playing hide and seek? Kids at that age play and hide when being looked for. Dangerous game in the woods. Poor kid.

Latest comments on our news in East Tn -
"The frustrating side, the bewildering side, is that we've found nothing," said Deputy Sheriff Tom Mapes with the Madison County Sheriff's Department. "All this manpower, all the technical, infrared sightings, hundreds of volunteers going arm-to-arm through all these acres. Nothing, absolutely nothing."

My teenage son (who wants to do SAR) & I went through a portion of our woods yesterday trying to imagine the situation from a child's perspective, and we had a couple thoughts:
***He got lost in our woods (10 acres) when he was about 6. He had a whistle but we couldn't hear it!!!! (He pulled some little trees over and was making a shelter when we found him about 1/2 hour later. He had wandered onto neighboring woods.) If the terrain dips or has hills sounds get bounced back & doesn't carry.

He said a 2 year old could scoot under brush that we couldn't walk through and might use game trails for that reason.

It was in the 20s when we were out around 5pm, we were well dressed and after 45 minutes I was really cold.

Don't know that these points help at all, but I just keep thinking of him out there.

Ok so reported missing at around 1:30. How long did grandma look for him prior to call police ? I'm sure reported but I can't find.
How far could a little one travel in lets say 2 hours ?
Is it possible grandma was confused on location he went missing from ?
If I understand correctly there has been no foot prints, no scent or anything else in regards to Noah.

A few months back here in AZ a little one wander off he was found deceased :( I don't remember how far away.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?287296-AZ-Jerold-Joseph-Williams-5-campsite-near-Jacob-Lake-6-Aug-2015

ETA : added link

Heart sick right now. I've been following missing child cases for many years and try to hold on to hope of finding a live child to give back to the family. I do believe in miracles and have seen them happen on cases I've followed. That said, I just hope that Noah is found so that his family will not have to think of him being out there alone.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Question for all you SAR experts or anyone who happens to know the answer:

Are most SAR &/or cadaver dogs only trained to work during daylight hours and aren't typically used at night? I would assume that SAR dogs could be used at any time of the day or night (although, I'll be honest, I don't know a whole lot about them.) I just can't figure out why LE is only asking for help from volunteers for the night searches, if that's not the case. I've heard/read they're using new dogs during the day and volunteers might hinder the dogs' ability to pick up on his scent. I was just curious if that meant the SAR dogs aren't being used at night, so volunteers are being asked to help search at that time.

Ok so reported missing at around 1:30. How long did grandma look for him prior to call police ? I'm sure reported but I can't find.
If I understand correctly there has been no foot prints, no scent or anything else in regards to Noah.

A few months back here in AZ a little one wander off he was found deceased :( I don't remember how far away.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?287296-AZ-Jerold-Joseph-Williams-5-campsite-near-Jacob-Lake-6-Aug-2015

The little one in AZ was 5 and found 8 miles from where his family was camping.
I wonder how far they have searched for Noah.

I've barely slept since Thursday. Missed work yesterday because this little boy missing has deeply affected me. Everything, i was supposed to do on the weekend, I did not accomplish. I've sat on social media since Thursday for hours refreshing pages because I am so far away and unable to help and that kills me.

Same here omalley.... this is affecting me like no other case I've followed before, ever. I can't sleep, just toss and turn and pray and pray again, for baby Noah and for his grandmother and all his family. I would so love to help search if I could, but I too live too far away. It's been so long now, but I just can't let myself lose hope that somehow little Noah has survived. I am praying for a true miracle!!!

IIRC, Little Jerold was found eight miles away, by a tree. It is believed he succumbed to the elements NLT the next day. :(.

Really wish we were able to know more about the search patterns. I just can't shake the feeling at the end of all this, he'll be found not far from where Granny last saw him.

All those people and all those resources and still nothing. Heartbreaking!

What has amazed me is the amazing community this family have, I don't think they'll ever give up looking. Amazing people!

Question for all you SAR experts or anyone who happens to know the answer:

Are most SAR &/or cadaver dogs only trained to work during daylight hours and aren't typically used at night? I would assume that SAR dogs could be used at any time of the day or night (although, I'll be honest, I don't know a whole lot about them.) I just can't figure out why LE is only asking for help from volunteers for the night searches, if that's not the case. I've heard/read they're using new dogs during the day and volunteers might hinder the dogs' ability to pick up on his scent. I was just curious if that meant the SAR dogs aren't being used at night, so volunteers are being asked to help search at that time.

Here's a little snippet for you:
HOW DO SAR DOGS WORK?

All humans, alive or dead, constantly emit microscopic particles bearing human scent. Millions of these are airborne and are carried by the wind for considerable distances. The air scenting SAR dog is trained to locate the scent of any human in a specific search area. The dog is not restricted to the missing person's track and can search long after the track is obliterated. Many air scenting search dogs are also trained in trailing/scent discrimination.

Upon arrival at the search site, dog handlers work directly for their unit's operations leader, who reports to the search boss or incident commander of the local agency. Many units provide their own base camp operation, with trained radio operators, SAR dog advisors, and other support personnel.

After initial hasty searches of trails and paths, each dog/handler team is usually assigned a segment of the search area to cover systematically. Handlers work their dogs downwind of the section assigned to them or cover the area in a way that provides dogs with the best scenting coverage. Handlers map the area they have covered and report their POD (probability of detection) to the plans section or operations leader upon completing their assignments.

Search dogs can work in areas where other searchers have been, and they can work with other search resources, such as mantrackers. Using scent articles, they can discriminate for the missing person in heavily populated areas. They can work day or night, in most kinds of weather, and are especially effective where human sight is most limited -- in the dark, in dense woods or heavy brush, in debris (as found in earthquakes, floods, and tornadoes) and under water.

If this has been addressed, please forgive for the duplication, but I haven't read it anywhere. I'm curious about a business you can see on the maps. Is United Cycle Assessories the family business? Wondering about the possibility of there being customers who come out to that location. Just thinking about people (strangers) who might have been in a close proximity to the home when Noah went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain