Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting video I found on Youtube of a SAR dog finding a target in the wilderness in the dark with no scent object.
[video=youtube;Wt3Q1Ft4tjA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt3Q1Ft4tjA[/video]

What baffles me, is we have nothing to work on.
So little facts.
911 call at 1:19
Noah last seen by grandma & 4 yr old sister
Missing in the woods on 65 degree beautiful day in Pinson TN
Noah wearing shoes,grey shirt and jeans
all resources used and many LE and civilians have searched for 5+ days 24/7
Weather conditions have been bitter cold
Noah weighs 30 pounds and 3 ft tall, blonde hair
anything else to add?

What baffles me, is we have nothing to work on.
So little facts.
911 call at 1:19
Noah last seen by grandma & 4 yr old sister
Missing in the woods on 65 degree beautiful day in Pinson TN
Noah wearing shoes,grey shirt and jeans
all resources used and many LE and civilians have searched for 5+ days 24/7
Weather conditions have been bitter cold
Noah weighs 30 pounds and 3 ft tall, blonde hair
anything else to add?

Thinking that sums it up. I'd like to know how long grandma looked for him before police showed up, trying to figure out how far max he could have gone. I'm so puzzled how there has been zero sign.

So SAR dogs are amazing! "Dogs are trained to follow the scent in different terrain and weather conditions and to identify cadaver scent in bodies of water. Their skills are sharpened through regular training sessions and by handlers with daily training at home."

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/srchresc.html

Cblewife:
Like maybe he went back toward the house while Grandma was talking with the little girl and someone had shown up to the business, didnt see any adult there but found the boy and took him? Thats possible..but you would think the Dogs would have picked up his scent that led back to the house? IDK though anything is possible.

I'm with Davia18. There are too many questions/details that we are not privy to.
Regarding his/her questions on whether g'ma could be confused on the exact location and whether there is an absence of footprints... my question is did LE see 3 sets of footprints where the g'ma says Noah was last seen???

If not, he could be anywhere. It could possibly be a situation where part of the story is accurate and part is too painful to admit. G'ma could have been distracted or in fact tending to the sister in the house and Noah somehow let himself out. Her gut told her that he would go straight for the woods and that is where she and the sister ran to look. No blame, just trying to make sense of this in my own mind. Back in the 80's, I lost my 3 yo in a huge crowded hotel conference once. It was hard to admit that it wasn't a few seconds or one minute of distraction, but an entire intro, song, applause, and stage exit, (my older child was competing in). He vanished! and in all that time could have been out of the facility. An announcement was made and suddenly a group of people starting waving and pointing down. I ran to the spot and he was under the chairs laying on the carpet hands under chin. He said he couldn't see and just scooted under chairs until he could. My "thoughts" were leading me to he was out of the doors, but he was actually closer to the stage. I still look at him and "what if" myself about this.

Just saying all that (sorry for going off track) but like others have posted I agree that Noah might be in the opposite direction of these woods. The circumference needs to start from the house out in all directions. Not just from the house to the woods. Still praying for a miracle, and no matter... just want this precious baby found.

Wish I was near TN too. Prayers Noah is found soon.

I found this website because of Noah. I signed up quickly but a moderator just approved it today. There's so much I wanted to add but it's moot at this point.

I am a paramedic and volunteer firefighter. I have two golden retrievers that we initially were going to train for SAR, but I have three very young children and the time commitment was too much at this point in my life. I have worked with a SAR professional to train my dogs with my children's scents as we live in the middle of national forests and camp frequently, and it only takes a few seconds for these little ones to wander. I've done enough searches through work for this to be my worst fear.

Unfortunately I believe the weather conditions have been unsurviveable for quite some time. I expect this to become a recovery at any moment now. I continue to pray the family can have some closure and eventually find peace down the road.

Grateful to have you here with us. As a former EMT (my 1st paying job as a HCW many moons ago), I tip my hat to you.

So many people, linked together from all over the world by our care and concern for this child.

:welcome4:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think he somehow doubled back and crossed the road in front of the house when grandmother was looking for him...it is the only thing that makes sense in my mind is that he is in another direction....I don't understand why they cannot search on the other side of the road. IMO.

Trying to get to this transcription this morning is a struggle (I haven't forgotten y'all!).

Trying to get the unavoidable to-do list out of the way so I can get to what is most important in my :heart:

Bracing myself every time I log in here...

#FindNoah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think he somehow doubled back and crossed the road in front of the house when grandmother was looking for him...it is the only thing that makes sense in my mind is that he is in another direction....I don't understand why they cannot search on the other side of the road. IMO.

Me neither.

If this has been addressed, please forgive for the duplication, but I haven't read it anywhere. I'm curious about a business you can see on the maps. Is United Cycle Assessories the family business? Wondering about the possibility of there being customers who come out to that location. Just thinking about people (strangers) who might have been in a close proximity to the home when Noah went missing.

The grandmother's husband owns that company. I'm not sure what other information I can share on here without breaking the rules so I'll leave it at that.

late to the 'search party' as usual here...does anyone have a link or source with information on the 911 call? every article i've read simply states she contacted the police, maybe she just called the local station and didn't call 911? which is fine, it's a small town and i'm sure they were on the scene almost immediately.

just trying to put a few more pieces in the puzzle. TIA.

Thank you so much for your insightful responses!! :thinking:

We have a golden retriever (bred for sight hunting, retrieving birds), but if we hide something he turns his nose on and finds it. If my son leaves the house w/o him and he goes out later he puts his nose on the ground and trails his steps exactly. He has no special training so I'd imagine trained SAR dogs are phenomenal!

I just found a link to FEMA's certification handbook (I guess they're the best of the best as far as SAR dogs are concerned) & the things those dogs have to accomplish to be certified are nothing short of AMAZING! There's no way on this earth I'd get my dog to 'stay' somewhere while I walked out of sight & remain there for 5 minutes until I returned. Granted, I have a Chihuahua/Jack Russell Mix and he's the furthest thing from a SAR dog as he could possibly be.... but STILL! That's nuts!

http://www.disasterdog.org/pdf/policies/Handbooks/CSTCEHandbook_LF_Aug2015.pdf

okay, forgive me for this question, but if Noah is deceased how long would it take (in these temperatures) for the body to decompose and start to emit that horrid odor? I just think whatever happened to Noah happened shortly after he disappeared. Maybe he fell into a hole that was pretty deep and hit his head on a rock or some other debris at the bottom of the hole. That could have caused his death immediately or injured his spine and any movement could have proved fatal. I admit I don't know what to think but I just don't feel there was any foul play involved.

Still praying for a miracle and for comfort for Noah's family.

JMO

I keep checking back here and on Facebook hoping for any news and one whopper of a miracle. I look at my own son, just months younger than Noah, and can't even begin to imagine what this family is going through. No one should have to experience this kind of pain and uncertainty. All I'm hoping for at this point is some sort of closure for the family.

I keep checking back here and on Facebook hoping for any news and one whopper of a miracle. I look at my own son, just months younger than Noah, and can't even begin to imagine what this family is going through. No one should have to experience this kind of pain and uncertainty. All I'm hoping for at this point is some sort of closure for the family.

Hi MotherOfDragons, welcome to WS. :welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member