Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead retry him. I think he will still be guilty because he killed her. The evidence is overwhelming.
But I really believe that BD should be free based on his own atty framing and setting him up. That atty should be disbarred if he is not already.. I could have done a better job for BD with my Law and order degree.

I don't think SA's case is all about BD. I think it is about the evidence that puts her there with him and him with her and her things.

THAT right there tells me that you understand the system is flawed. I don't think it's a far reach to imagine SA being hung (again) with a crime he didn't commit. What this actually points to is an extraordinarily flawed system. And, I think the documentary illustrated that - just - brilliantly.

I appreciate your reasoned debate. I remain unconvinced of SA's guilt. But, I also realize why it seems so apparent.

Auto Trader testified that TH said she was 10 minutes away from Avery's residence.

I have read some of the transcripts... I haven't found it yet. The girl that talked to her at 2:27, Dawn Pliszka, does not say she said she was 10 minutes from Avery's, she says she's on her way, does specify how far away she is to her.

IMO, the bus driver has zero reason to lie about seeing Teresa, but Blaine might, considering his relationship with potential suspects?

I know... and that's why I thought maybe... just maybe she seen the red van sitting there, a vehicle that normally wouldn't be there and she assumed it must have been TH's (after it was in the news, etc.) I do find it a bit hard to believe that she "seen" her, it's quite the distance. I don't know what to believe... they all have different times... different stories.... they change the further along we go, and after those very public news conferences, the stories get even more unbelievable.

ETA: but I agree.... she has no reason to lie. I just wonder if she is mistaken ;-)

So... Mr Z allegedly, according to Strang, was hostile with investigators and they were like "well ok then".

Jeez do we have another contender here!?

With 2 separate investigators. Strang was trying to get Mrs. Z to say that she heard her husband say something about getting an attorney. That's when they dismissed the jurors... sent Mrs. Z to the hallway and discussed it. I didn't think it fit into the timeline.... but now.... I dunno, it seems so strange!

In Colburn's email:

A word of caution, be careful what you wish for. If Steven Avery is ever freed, he may just become your neighbor, and he may want to bring his nephew with him.
:waitasec::silenced:

If SA is guilty, and LE didn't do anything wrong... I guess SA being anyone's neighbour will not be an issue.

This particular quote struck me as something that maybe he should have said to Ken Kratz in March of 2006....

I know the truth doesn’t sell newspapers as much as lies and controversy, but for once try thinking about the consequences of the slander and defamation that you are authoring and participating in.

But Blaine did not. In his statement he said that there was no one there and no vehicles that weren't normally or supposed to be there.

It has also been brought up that the bus driver would have been quite far away to be able to "see" that.
It has crossed my mind that she may have seen the van that was being photographed sitting there (maybe not a normal spot for it and would be noticeable from down the road) and assumed that it was TH's vehicle when thinking back about that day. IMO

I can see a kid not noticing their surroundings. My kids do it all the time. But the bus driver didn't just notice the van or Halbach's vehicle parked there. She saw a woman taking pictures of the van. That is something she wouldn't have imagined nor had any reason to lie about. Based on everything Halbach was the only female on the property and she would have been taking pictures of the van. Her story is credible.

Gloves do not make sense to me either, and dripping blood in the RAV4 but not leaving 1 fingerprint??? Nope!

btw..... nice to see someone else from the flat lands on here, I instantly noticed your location! LOL :happydance:

lol I noticed it in yours as well. Hope your staying warm!

My bad. I've read that Th was ten minutes away in many articles because she said something like, "I'm on my way, on my way." It was presumed not something TH actually said. I guess I need to up my sleuthing game to hang with you guys.

http://gazettereview.com/2016/01/steven-avery-innocent-theory-scott-tadych-theory/

I'm sure this is just the beginning of things that we took as truth and it might not be LOL Up until now, we could only rely on what was reported around that time.
Welcome to websleuths!

As thoroughly as you all are addressing and researching every little detail of the evidence in this case, I think 'we ' could actually do some good. Obviously SA and BD now have new counsel and this case will progess, however it does. But there are loads of other inmates who could use this kind of scrutiny on a case. Do we have a forum for that and/ or should we start one? I'm still not convinced SA is innocent, not by a long shot . But I'm sure there are plenty of obviously innocent people in prison who could use 1000 fresh eyes mulling over the cases. Sadly, without all of the publicity, very few members might participate.

I found this verrrrry interesting...its an audio of Colburn's 11/3 call in on the license plate that clearly shows background voices. I will not state here what it sounds like to me, as I do not want to give anyone a preconceived idea before actually hearing it and forming opinions for themselves. Just a hmmmm moment for me.

[video=youtube;BwjuhDUmGjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwjuhDUmGjI&app=desktop[/video]

They had access to his home for days. The DNA could come from a comb with grease from his head, which is sebum and contains secreted DNA. Since the source of the DNA has either not been determined or was not disclosed, it's possible. Very possible.

Okay let's throw out the following:

the key
SA's blood in TH's SUV
the bullet with TH's DNA on it

What's left?

Oh right. Her body in tiny charred bits (which included the very Daisy Fuentes rivets found from the jeans she was wearing -- Brandon said they burned her clothes).

And?

Phone calls (at least 3) from SA to TH's phone. 2 of the calls were dialed using *67 to obscure the phone number. SA lured TH to his property by using his sister's name and sister's phone number when he called The Auto Trader to request TH come out.

And?

TH's last known movements place her at the Avery Salvage Yard, including pings from her own cell phone.

And?

TH's SUV found on the Avery property, with multiple, large pieces of metal and other debris obscuring it, one of the pieces of metal was too large and heavy for one person to move.

And?

TH's license plates found inside one of the other scrapped cars on the Avery property.

And?

TH's cell phone, palm pilot, and camera she used that very day found burned in the burn barrel right in front of SA's house. Brendan allegedly told police that's where her phone, etc were put.

A. There was no luring. True, SA made the appointment in the name of B. Janda. He requested “that same girl.” However, when TH spoke to her co-worker that day, she said she was on her way to the Avery property – she’d been there 5 times prior. She didn’t say she was going to the Janda property. She didn’t seem to be fooled that anyplace other than Avery Salvage was the destination.

B. The large metal piece was a car hood and it was admitted in BD trial that 1 person could lift it and manage it. Sure, it was easier with 2, but possible with just 1.

C. The burn barrel where TH’s burned phone, camera and palm pilot were located was in between buildings – IFIR between SA’s trailer and garage. In the BD transcript it’s described as a triangular area on the Dassey side - the areas of the trailer, burn barrel and garage. So it wasn’t precisely in front of his house.

Did they find evidence in two burn barrels? I am confused on this because one of the burn barrels was pointed out by Leslie E. that bones were found in #2 barrel behind BJ's house. There were 4 in that area. It is said that Avery had a burn barrel not far from his home and that the camera and stuff were found in that barrel. So is this two different barrels?

If you assume that since one LE event was corrupt based on a past LE event, you are not looking for truth, you are letting bias decide.

Past behavior is a good indication of future behavior and it also shows escalation. If you are going to state that the reason SA was found guilty is based on the jury not having all the information than excluding past behavior is the same thing and could have shown the jury his nature. So in that case that goes toward a motivator for guilt.

Im not impressed so far with the docudrama

There is a very good reason the rules of evidence in many states and on the federal level don't simply allow character evidence in and prior bad acts without some scrutiny as to what purpose they are being offered and if they meet certain criteria. Even then, they are subject to inadmissibility by a judge as being overly prejudice.

Just substitute in your own sentence SA for LE & violent/corrupt, you will see what I mean.

"If you assume that since one SA (LE) event was violent (corrupt) based on a past SA (LE) event, you are not looking for truth, you are letting bias decide."

Precisely why specific instances of character and many prior bad acts are not allowed in evidence.

I noticed the top too.. but could that have been from it being tested in the past??? I don't know.. I would love to know how much blood was in that vial originally and now.
I believe that there is no way that the amount of blood that was in her car came from the vial and still left blood left. I believe in fact it was new blood that came from him. I am good with the test from the FBI. I know that people like to believe that everyone who ever came in contact with this case is corrupt but that is just impossible.

I used to manage laboratory draw stations and a couple of stat labs and learned to draw blood. The vial tops self seal after release from the vacutainer. First, there would be plenty of blood in the vial to create 6 smears or drops. Second, the most likely explanation for a hole in the top is a larger gauge needle piercing it to withdraw blood from the vial into a syringe. A larger needle would not allow the rubber top to self seal.

The reason the FBI test is questionable for me is not a wide conspiracy theory, but that any test that produces false negatives is not widely held as reliable in the scientific field, and therefore is not appropriate in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member