FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious about something....would it be within the realm of possibility that any dna evidence could be found in Jennifer's apartment or in the stairwell that was painted over shortly after she disappeared(as Drew noticed) AFTER 10 years??? Could a cadaver dog find a scent if say perhaps she was enclosed in a wall as some have speculated?
DNA doesn't go away in certain areas. I have seen in cases where tiny bits of blood spatter or other biological fluid was found years after the crime. It would still contain the same DNA

DNA on the stairwell after having been painted is a bust unless it dripped into a place where paint didn't reach and has been there all these years.

Yes. A cadaver dog would find a dead body (or should) even after so many years. The initial odor of a cadaver goes away for humans, but not to a trained dog's nose.

For clarification purposes Jennifer and her boyfriend did not go on a cruise. They flew to their destination
I knew that and have no idea why I typed it. LOL Thanks for catching it. Maybe I was caught up in the idea of islands, oceans, and romance so cruise came to mind. ;)

I doubt that it would ever happen but it would be nice if Jennifer's apartment were processed the best that it could be after all of these years...don't know why I just said that, what good would it do now???

What is needed more than anything is dogs to sniff out the Mosaic and the surrounding areas around the Mosaic to see if they can find anything...

I really think that if I were in law enforcement with access to all of the databases with dna, evidence etc. on old cases, I would go through them periodically , the families of the missing need closure...how do you live like that? Never knowing from one day to the next whether your loved on is still alive or if they will walk back into your lives or if they have passed on, it would be tough not knowing.

I know they did a dig recently looking for her. I am quite sure they have used resources like dogs to try and locate her. Hopefully something will happen soon. The tenth anniversary is coming in January.

The key fob/mace that supposedly belonged to Jennifer found in Windmere, FL....is this just a coincidence or could there be more to it? Looking at the map from the Mosaic , Windmere is approximately 10 miles down Conroy...The Kesse's and law enforcement speculated that Jennifer's car was not driven very far...Also, the owner was building a home in Windmere on 10 acres there from I believe 2004 to 2009...could a coworker have taken Jennifer to this property Monday night or Tuesday morning?

Was the owner of the man's sweater found in Jennifer's clothes hamper ever discovered? It was mentioned occasionally years ago but rarely mentioned in recent years.

Have any of you ever thought that Jennifer's trip precipitated her abduction someway, somehow? I have often thought that her mini vacation with Rob had something to do with her abduction, I am not educated enough to figure out why....just believe that her abduction and vacation are related for some reason...

I think if there is a link, it motivated jealousy or spurred the poi into action "IF" they knew her and was stalking her. Something like a romantic vaca. with the boyfriend would do that..

Hello,

This is my first time posting here but I've been following Jennifer's case and reading the forums since I first saw Jennifer's case on Greta's show on Fox a couple years back. While I'm no expert, a few observations I've made and maybe these seem obvious to others: the POI is a male hispanic or white with a slight build and light to medium complexion. Seems to have a distinct gait and posture. I've heard military background mentioned before but I'm not sure that's the case. I almost feel like he was trying so hard to walk away in a cool, casual and nonchalant sort of way that it looked like he was marching away in some sort of trained fashion. I don't feel as sure as some others in thinking that he was really that cool, calm and collected while parking the vehicle and walking away. He may have been nervous as hell and just been trying to play it off as if it was just another day.

I think the undocumented worker theory carries a lot of weight mainly because it's so much easier for somebody like that to disappear and just leave the area/country. It's like they were never really there because nobody really knew they were anyway. If he were just some local, what are the chances that somebody didn't recognize him from the video? If not undocumented from another country, than I think the next most likely theory is this person was more or less an out of towner/transient type who happened to be in the area for work or some other reason. If this was somebody who was native to that area and neighborhood specifically, somebody should have been able to make the connection especially after all these years. I suppose there is some possibility that the POI is not the actual perpetrator of this crime but I think it's highly unlikely that he was not directly involved.

I think obviously the car itself and where it was dropped are both important clues. My understanding was the neighborhood where it was left was not a good one. Was it left there only because it was near Jennifer's condo or was there a more specific connection? Maybe he had been there before because he had friends or family there? Maybe other illegal immigrants/transient types he was acquainted lived in that complex? Maybe he just knew it was a bad area and thought the cops would think another small time criminal living there was involved.

Just some general thoughts I had. I look forward to more discussion with everyone about the case.

Hello,

This is my first time posting here but I've been following Jennifer's case and reading the forums since I first saw Jennifer's case on Greta's show on Fox a couple years back. While I'm no expert, a few observations I've made and maybe these seem obvious to others: the POI is a male hispanic or white with a slight build and light to medium complexion. Seems to have a distinct gait and posture. I've heard military background mentioned before but I'm not sure that's the case. I almost feel like he was trying so hard to walk away in a cool, casual and nonchalant sort of way that it looked like he was marching away in some sort of trained fashion. I don't feel as sure as some others in thinking that he was really that cool, calm and collected while parking the vehicle and walking away. He may have been nervous as hell and just been trying to play it off as if it was just another day.

I think the undocumented worker theory carries a lot of weight mainly because it's so much easier for somebody like that to disappear and just leave the area/country. It's like they were never really there because nobody really knew they were anyway. If he were just some local, what are the chances that somebody didn't recognize him from the video? If not undocumented from another country, than I think the next most likely theory is this person was more or less an out of towner/transient type who happened to be in the area for work or some other reason. If this was somebody who was native to that area and neighborhood specifically, somebody should have been able to make the connection especially after all these years. I suppose there is some possibility that the POI is not the actual perpetrator of this crime but I think it's highly unlikely that he was not directly involved.

I think obviously the car itself and where it was dropped are both important clues. My understanding was the neighborhood where it was left was not a good one. Was it left there only because it was near Jennifer's condo or was there a more specific connection? Maybe he had been there before because he had friends or family there? Maybe other illegal immigrants/transient types he was acquainted lived in that complex? Maybe he just knew it was a bad area and thought the cops would think another small time criminal living there was involved.

Just some general thoughts I had. I look forward to more discussion with everyone about the case.

Good first post and welcome to Websleuths! :goodpost: :wagon:

Somebody on another forum (not sure if I can mention the name so I won't) made a compelling case that the POI may have been in security/law enforcement concluding from technical analysis of the video that POI was wearing what appeared to a bike helmet and had some type of logo on his shirt which appeared to a be a uniform of some sort. Has anybody else here read this? Do you think this theory holds water? I personally thought this was an interesting angle and something that should be given a closer look.

I did some research and verified that JK's keys are still missing. This is per the official JK website.

ANYTHING that keeps Jennifer's name and situation is a good thing and especially if it is from LE. But I hope something new is mentioned. Something that can prompt that one tip that provides some traction to the case.

Agree 100%

I saw the interview and wow, to see the strength of the Kesses is amazing. I have to say though, after 10 years, it's hard to understand why someone would not come forward with answers. Mr. and Mrs. Kesse have done all they could to appeal to the person or persons responsible or who have knowledge of the crime. It just honestly frustrates me because I have seen cases where perpetrators refuse to talk even though there is no longer any reason for them to keep quiet. The Kesses are incredibly admirable though, I'll always say that. Their tenacity to keep going and fighting for Jennifer is incredible.

There are 2 links on this page to part 1 and part 2 of the Jennifer Kesse press conference.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/mi...-discuss-10-year-anniversary-of-disappearance

Not a lot of info as it is mostly a plea to the public. Some things brought out are: Mrs. Kesse would like to track down the children who lived in Huntington on the Green where her car was found and talk with them about what they saw that day.
Jennifer's car was actually leased and Mr. Kesse it was a mess when picked up (Jennifer evidently had it cluttered up) and when turned back over to him it was spotless. Everything taken out, car thoroughly dusted for prints and vacuumed everywhere. The 2 detectives who have been on the case since 2012 said they took some of the evidence to FDLE to see if new technology can either get more DNA or get a more refined result from what they had already.
The case is technically not cold because both the Kesse's and OPD still get tips. Mr. Kesse stated there are pros and cons to moving it to cold case. As a cold case they would get LE dedicated and experienced in cold cases and cold case units are better funded. OTH, the detectives on the case now are familiar with it and still work it on a weekly basis.
FBI looked at it. Including the car after it was given back to the Kesse'. But they haven't looked at in 5 years.

From Family website: www.findjenniferkesse.com

anuary 24, 2016 – Marks 10 years that Jennifer Kesse has been Missing through the Heinous Act of Abduction!
Jennifer,
We, Your family as well as friends and countless others who never even met you, Love You! Miss You Tremendously! And will NEVER give up our fight to find you and bring you home. We have desperately been in search of you or anyone who knows anything about your “Taking” for 10 years and we will not wane in our efforts until you have been Found! The LOVE we have for you is unconditional, endless and fearless. Our patience and persistence will not flounder and as long as we breathe, you will be searched for. The efforts to find you will be endless and boundless. It hurts us to our core that we have not been able to uncover the information needed to lead us to you. It hurts our souls for the pain, suffering and torture you have/had gone through-ALONE. No one deserve to be TAKEN against their will and This Universe Willing, you will come back to us for the good or bad. The saying “Failure is not an option” applies to you and with all our strength and ability we will be successful and we will be together again. So wherever you are simply look up to the stars and know that we are under those same stars with you and no one can take that away.
Jennifer, one thing we do know is, there are more and more long term Missing People being found and recovered than ever before and it is our great Hope that one day you will be too. As we search personally for Peace and Grace in our hearts, minds and souls we most of all want you to know we Love you unconditionally and will not stop the good fight. Again, “Failure is not an option”.

Love you, miss you
Mom, Dad, Logan, Katie and ……..

TODAY 10 YEARS LATER,

NOTHING HAS CHANGED. NOT ONE THING HAS CHANGED SINCE 1/24/2006! 10 years has passed since Jennifer was Taken from her Orlando home and the cruel hard reality is NOT ONE THING HAS CHANGED in her case. Jennifer remains just as Missing today as she was 10 years ago. Not one fact has come to light which could end Jennifer’s Hell. Not one solid lead has been given nor generated by authorities. HOW CAN THAT BE? How can no one come forward with or without reward money, to lead us to our loved one? How can the extensive investigations by so many agencies and detectives generate not one plausible lead or direction in which Jennifer was Taken? The ability to grasp those facts still escapes us and haunts us every minute of every day. We must find the courage, knowhow and strength to carry on, move forward and work hard to create an atmosphere in which someone will finally come forward or the right Investigator finally puts things together. As much as we thank and appreciate all the efforts Law Enforcement and volunteers have made over the years – NOTHING HAS CHANGED.
“The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the evil in it, but because of those who refuse to do anything about it”-Albert Einstein
Over the past 10 years we have written a family letter and posted it almost on a monthly basis. We have tried to keep Jennifer’s face, name and a number to call and report anything to authorities, media, lawyers or clergy, easily available. We have tried to educate everyone the best we can as to the facts of her Abduction as well as the actions since. We have tried to be the best ADVOCATES we can be for those who need help the most, The Missing, Exploited, Trafficked and Unidentified. We have bared our lives to the world having heard from over 60 countries. We have bared the brunt of; attempts on our lives, extortion and luring to foreign countries which has continued on a continual basis for 10 years with the latest attempt just a couple months back. We have gone through countless unspeakable searches from leads even as recent as last month, all leading to nothing.
We were forced into reinventing ourselves having lost our normalcy as individuals, our careers and life savings. Every aspect of our lives on a daily basis has changed, yet, NONE of that matters. We bend, we are poked and prodded, yet WE WILL NOT BREAK. We have stated it for years. What we go through is nothing compared to what Jennifer is or has, so though we as a family have been “Terrorized” for the past 10 years, it has no bearing on the fact that all energy and resources need to be put on Jennifer, not us her family. This country is starting to see first hand what Terrorists can do to the mindset of people. How they manipulate people into fear and uncertainty through heinous acts. It is how one reacts to that Terrorism that will make or break us. We choose to stand up, fight for our loved one and not back down. We refuse to let Evil win. We believe right wins out over wrong every time. So we ask that you turn your attention To Jennifer, the facts of her case and the fact of her being Vanished to this day for the past 10 years. All else is trivial and does not matter. The answers are there, we just can’t see them clearly right now but they are there.
To those who Abducted Jennifer,
10 years must be enough time to at least let this family know where she may be located. The Why, When and Where doesn’t matter anymore and all we are looking for is Jennifer. It may be selfish but that is our simple request – Let us find Jennifer so we as her family can become whole again, even if she is no longer with us. The use you have/had for her must surely be exhausted by now and the knowledge of her whereabouts we believe will help bring some type of reconciliation and peace to your soul.
To those who have helped,
We want to thank all the people who have helped Us and Jennifer in any and every way possible in hopes of her return. The friends, volunteers, coworkers, media, law enforcement and strangers who have stood by our side, helping us be strong. Jennifer still needs your help though. We ask you to do as you have done for so long. Pass on this website, her Facebook pages, Twitter, posters, fliers, anything. Awareness is still the key to bringing her home and without all of you we stand much less of a chance of making that happen. We know it’s been a long time, we know nothing has risen to help her and that is the exact reason she still needs your help. John Q Public finds Missing People as we have seen time and time again so we see you the general public as our most valuable resource and opportunity to succeed.
In closing,
If you have any information about Jennifer, however trivial you may think it may be, MAKE The CALL! Orlando Police 1-407-246-3982, Crimeline of Central Florida 1-800-423-8477 (No names, No ID just tips and rewards), FBI (your local office), A Lawyer or your Clergy. Be the person who makes the difference, there is still reward money available if that is your motivation. Jennifer as well as so many others need to be found and brought home where they belong. – The Kesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam