ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Dad would spill anything intentionally, but if a reporter gave him all the free time he wanted with just a few prompts I think he'd say something without realizing it and continue talking. He sounded like an excited 7-yr old going on and on about the fancy helicopter. I'd love to see him interviewed by Keith Morrison.

Nate giving him free range in talking gave the FBI behavior analysit's a gift. His choice of topics/his choice of words! Bravo!!!

I just read on Facebook about the parents being suspects in the case. I haven't followed this case super closely, as most of you have. I am wondering why some of you think the parents should be looked at? Can someone fill me in?

I just read on Facebook about the parents being suspects in the case. I haven't followed this case super closely, as most of you have. I am wondering why some of you think the parents should be looked at? Can someone fill me in?
All they've released is "changing stories." They're not showing their cards yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Is anyone else enjoying the fact that these two 'parents' just learned for the first time that LE never believed them and that their polys were inconclusive? Well, I am. I would love to have seen their faces when the realization hit that while SB was telling the world they were cooperating and solid, he hadn't believed them from jump street. HaHaHa.

Okay, 'kids', go get your lawyers. It is time to play with the big boys now and they won't go down as easily as a toddler.

Oh, and any thought that SB just willy-nilly named them as suspects is misguided. Being officially named as a suspect requires LE to Mirandize the suspect before questioning at which time the right to remain silent and to appointed counsel attaches which only complicates things for LE.

Vernal got his lawyer. Where is JM's? Now all the finger pointing will start and those fingers will be pointing at each other. HaHaHa.

It is just a matter of time before someone cracks because there is one truism at play ' the first one to puke gets the best deal'.

Oh what a tangled web we weave. . . .

Here is something i had been thinking about from the beginning almost just didnt relay it on here...What I would like to have seen done by LE OR whatever law was there is for one the parents were staying at the camp site or near since it happend and there were alot of candle light vigils . what i would of dont is get a small group of i dont know who but a group that would make a little memorial there would be all sorts of stuff set there gifts flowers maybe a candle that stays lit but if i was LE i would like to have set up a hidden micro phone at the memorial sight with the parents staying there and u have this i dont know a tree or rock with all this stuff people have left and that candle burning u know after everyone left the parents would go over to the spot and im not saying they did it but when no one is around if u had a hidden mic in the ground im thinking that just might be enough for them to quietly speak to deorr and maybe if they did it or know something i just think that would have got them the awnsers they needed the LE i mean even going the other way it would give them a better idea about them not having anything to do with it .If all that was caught on the mic was what the parents should be saying it may help the police to get a better picture of there actions anyway thats what i would have suggested doing but it would had to have been done in that inital first 1 or 2 weeks with a spot made for a little memorial where the parents could go to and just let there feelings out ....

Who is the weakest link? I can't decide.

Likely Jessica. I suspect that whatever happened was largely DeOrr Sr's fault - and probably accidental or in a momentary fit of anger. He then convinced her that since there was nothing to do to save little D, they had to lie to cover it up so they could at least save themselves. I think she's *very* emotionally dependent on him and couldn't stand the thought of losing him on top of losing her son, so she went along with it.

http://590kid.com/2016/01/25/new-lemhi-sheriff-speaks-to-kid-about-deorr-kunz-jr-s-parent/

Interesting audio interview with the Sheriff. Not much that we haven't already heard, but at the end of the Q&A, he was asked if he thought anyone other than the four adults that were present knows anything. He said, "Absolutely." Hmm...I wonder who that could be?
In all, it doesn't seem like they have very much solid information. He doesn't rule out the possibility that baby DeOrr is alive, but IMO it sounds like he doesn't have much hope that he is.
I'm so sad, but until they find him or there is a confession, I'm going to keep hoping and praying, even if it's difficult to imagine a scenario in which he's still alive.

If I had to guess, I'd say Jessica's mom. She arrived at the campground suspiciously fast, and I've always wondered if the texting about the "feminine products" was what they were actually discussing.

I find it more than a little strange that all 4 of them came up inconclusive in certain areas of the poly. I mean, what are the odds on that? This fact alone gets my hinky meter dancing.

:cow:

I think JM and DK are inconclusive because they're lying.

I think Grandpa is inconclusive largely because he has impaired memory and it's effecting the test results.

I think IR is inconclusive because he has a good idea of what happened but hasn't wanted to outright accuse DK and JM of wrongdoing when he wasn't certain.

I flat out do not believe that if DK really thought IR had harmed his child that he wouldn't have done whatever it took while they were up there alone at the campground to get IR to talk.

Likely Jessica. I suspect that whatever happened was largely DeOrr Sr's fault - and probably accidental or in a momentary fit of anger. He then convinced her that since there was nothing to do to save little D, they had to lie to cover it up so they could at least save themselves. I think she's *very* emotionally dependent on him and couldn't stand the thought of losing him on top of losing her son, so she went along with it.

I think her greatest fear was that she'd lose her older children in a custody battle if the truth was found out. That was her motivating factor to cover things….[ if that was what happened.]

It has been a very long time since I commentated on DeOrr's thread.

I've been reading, but so much seemed to refer to SM and FB I haven't had access to. I must confess, I was one of the original posters who asked about Mountain Lion predation. I never, ever, expected that query to end up in a multi-thread discussion. I live in an area where a rogue ML killed a mountain biker and grievously wounded another before being shot - hence my initial questioning as to DeOrr's fate. It was purely local knowledge and speculation.

That said, I totally believed the parents. DeOrr is left with GGP for less than 20 mins, he's a dementia sufferer, he looses focus for a few, and the child is gone.

Why did so many people - NOT WS - rush to judgement to blame Noah's GM for one moment of inattention but give DeOrr's GGP a pass? Not sure where I'm going with this, but was there something super hinky I missed?

I guess I'm just asking why so many WS on this thread are relieved we can finally discuss the parents. Is it just because of SM I don't have access to, or is there more?

Primarily I think it's because people thought "Seriously? They left a 2 1/2 year old with an elderly man with dementia, who is dependent on an oxygen tank, at a campground with a vast open space and a creek with a 20' embankment only yards away?" and knew immediately something wasn't right.

Who is "we"? The majority didn't give the parents a pass.

Nope, and it looks like "we" might have been onto something involving 2-legged offenders all along!

(Disclaimer: of course, if I am wrong, I will apologise like a good girl but I doubt that will be the case)

I'm sure you all have discussed this in previous threads, but in light of yesterday's events...
Is there any scenario in which this sweet child is likely to still be alive?

No idea what to think until we get specifics about how their stories changed. Either way hopefully this change in approach will lead to Deorr being found.

I'm sure you all have discussed this in previous threads, but in light of yesterday's events...

It is possible, not sure how likely but yeah, its possible.

Who is the weakest link? I can't decide.

I believe JM is the most likely to crack. There is a reason DK prevented her from talking during the majority of the interviews. I wonder if there was a "jailhouse snitch" who befriended her during her recent incarceration. jmoo

It is possible, not sure how likely but yeah, its possible.
I don't think it is possible DeOrr Jr. is still alive when Klein came right out and said this was either an accidental death or homicide. He wasn't wrong about this case coming into a prosecutorial phase and he has stated there is physical and forensic evidence to support it.

The only way he is still alive is if he was abducted. Sadly, abduction is the least likely scenario IMO. Mountain lion and "wandered off and hasn't been found yet" are both more likely than abduction to me, and I don't give either of those very much weight. The chances of him being alive are existent, but they're miniscule.

(I think the most likely scenario, of course, is along the lines of what the Sheriff has released today)

This is what I proposed in one long ago thread. An accident happened, and they didn't want LE or anyone seeing previous injuries post-mortem.
Very intriguing theory and plausible. However, I would think if there were previous injuries...it was not an accidental death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288