ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this on SM, that this was FV' real reason for leaving the case. He concluded that JM planned an abduction (Not forced). I thought it sounded ridiculous at the time... but, now I'm not so sure.

I don't think that he conclude that JM "planned an abduction" - he never said that. He said that he got the impression that Jessica didn't want kids, so much so that she gave up custody of her other two kids to their father and even went so far as to get her tubes tied after having DeOrr. Mr. Vilt said that because of the way the laws are in some states and even though Jessica and DeOrr aren't married, she couldn't LEGALLY give DeOrr up for adoption with his father's consent. Therefore, he thinks she MAY have adopted little DeOrr out without DeOrr Sr. knowing about it and that's when the whole "abduction" theory had been placed on the table. Mr. Vilt did not say anything about Jessica planning an abduction. I hope that clears things up for some folks.

Wow! Staged abduction for DeOrr to be adopted w/o father's knowledge. Believes DeOrr is alive. Color me :confused:

If that were the case DeOrr should have passed his multiple polys.

Have to say that that is quite the ridiculous scenario.

If that turns out close to the truth I'll eat my hat. Or a crow for the internet crowd.

Jessica Mitchell made so many fliers with Deorr's picture on them... why make so many if you didn't want him to be found? Unless that was her way of dealing with it or trying to make herself look innocent and caring.. She is the one that didn't want the case to go national? That's contradictory, but nothing makes a lot of sense.

If it was a planned abduction then L.E. needs to really go back over her cell phone records and internet history!

If he is also alive, there is a chance he is not even in the U.S. anymore.

Weren't Jessica and Deorr together the whole time? The only separation I've heard is when Deorr Sr. went hauling down the road for better cell service. IR says he saw Deorr at the campsite. So the only thing I can think of is if someone was waiting in the wings for Jessica to pass him over. That seems very unlikely, as no vehicles were ever seen or heard by the 4 POI's.

I would GREATLY appreciate someone providing a transcript. I am hearing impaired, and as such really could not understand much of what he said (because on radio I could not read his lips).

Seems like Jessica's name came up a lot though!

I will certainly try Haven71. Give me a bit - doing 2 things at once! Hoping the station might post transcript too.

I don't think that he conclude that JM "planned an abduction" - he never said that. He said that he got the impression that Jessica didn't want kids, so much so that she gave up custody of her other two kids to their father and even went so far as to get her tubes tied after having DeOrr. Mr. Vilt said that because of the way the laws are in some states and even though Jessica and DeOrr aren't married, she couldn't LEGALLY give DeOrr up for adoption with his father's consent. Therefore, he thinks she MAY have adopted little DeOrr out without DeOrr Sr. knowing about it and that's when the whole "abduction" theory had been placed on the table. Mr. Vilt did not say anything about Jessica planning an abduction. I hope that clears things up for some folks.
This is what I read on SM, right after Vilt left the case... it couldn't be shared here, because of TOS.

One thing that Vilt says that can be easily proved or not is that he found out that JM & DK told documentary makers they fired/dismissed him.

1, I find it interesting they felt they had to inform Vilt about it and 2 , I guess their footage definitely won't be making the cut?

That doesn't explain how DeOrr went missing from the campground. I cannot imagine any reputable adoption agent coming to pick up a toddler from a campground. imo

Sorry, not buying the adoption thing. When did that happen on their way to the store as a family and Dad never saw it happen?

Trying to catch up... she had three children by the age of 22? She must have been older than that I hope.

That doesn't explain how DeOrr went missing from the campground. I cannot imagine any reputable adoption agent coming to pick up a toddler from a campground. imo

I am not buying it, either.l Mr. Vilt did say he liked to err on the side of the child being alive, which I think is an excellent way of conducting business. If you are doing a search for someone who you think may still be alive, I would think you would work harder than, say, if you were just looking for a body. The secret adoption theory was just one of the things he thought COULD have happened to little DeOrr. I am of the mind that Jessica and DeOrr both know what really happened to their son, and it wasn't an adoption.

OMG! How did Vilt come to even think that JM didn't want DeOrr and was thinking of letting someone adopt him illegally without DK's knowledge? This is a HUGE leap.

I do find it interesting that of the 2, he does not like JM at all.

I wondered early on whether Deorr was 'sold' (ugh! Hate that term.) by the parents but I dismissed that thought. I'm not understanding how, if Vilt's theory is correct, could JM pull it off without DK's knowledge.

I also heard about this theory on SM weeks ago. Vilt was actually telling it to sleuthers who e-mailed him about the case (which I thought was v unprofessional). He thought jessica might have actually arranged for a distant relative to come to the campsite and abduct Deorr, maybe without Vernal knowing, then raise him in another state.

I think it's a ridiculous idea...

Trying to catch up... she had three children by the age of 22? She must have been older than that I hope.

She's 25 now and DeOrr just turned 3 in December. She had two other children prior to that - she gave up custody of them to their father. She sure started young for someone who didn't want to have kids.

I'm wondering the same thing. ETA: I was replying to TeaTime, but forgot to press reply w/ quote.

I also heard about this theory on SM weeks ago. Vilt was actually telling it to sleuthers who e-mailed him about the case (which I thought was v unprofessional). He thought jessica might have actually arranged for a distant relative to come to the campsite and abduct Deorr, maybe without Vernal knowing, then raise him in another state.

I think it's a ridiculous idea...

Well, maybe it's not so ridiculous, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks