4 years later, what do we think of the case / verdict now?

Ashton was supposed to be a consummate professional, surely he knew better than to sit there smirking and snickering like he was in high school.

Baez aka BOZO won the case anyway.

Just Sayin

So why hang around here? what is the point?

Yes and some were (allegedly) members of this forum too, until they would inevitably get themselves banned with their mental gymnastics and circular logic. ;)

Yes, and some were Not that smart☺

casey A may think she "got off" but cindy and george are another matter. on the day the news broke i was outside on my hammock w laptop and i had an allergic reaction so had to lie still. so i read. i read what neighbors wrote online on live feeds about the two weeks before fathers day, and the party and the drinking and that cindy had been on pain pills for a neck injury, and i still think that all anthonys hindered this investigation to protect cindys nursing license. i think the DA now should go back and look at charging cindy A w the murder of caylee because i think she possibly got into her meds, i also think GA helped bury her possibly w/o caseys knowledge. she insisted she didnt know where she was because GA did the digging. they both covered up BIG TIME regarding the impound notice on front door claiming they never saw it. they the parents were raising this child not casey anthony. i think the date time stamp on the video was altered. period. thats my take....hope the DA grows a pair and requests online transcripts from wesh and wftv from that day...as well as possibly charging her parents w involuntry murder. reopen the case...and dont parse down ever again your direct ecidence, so much nvr made it into the courtroom let alone the jury. cindy and george are Not off the hook in any way shape or form. immho

Well you're right about just one thing - Cindy and George cared for and provided for Caylee from the moment she was born, and for the following 2 years until her death - whereas Casey spent those two years lying to friends and family in order to leave them with her for as much time as possible - she didn't want her and could not wait to get rid of her, to any unsuspecting person who could be conned into babysitting for her, and as soon as she got home from 'work' Cindy would take over. She would not give Cindy the satisfaction of giving custody to her, and she had been given an ultimatum to straighten up or get out,and at that point she decided to just get rid of her permanently. We saw from her computer searches that she was looking for the easiest way to do it, so there was ample premeditation- it was not an accident nor a crime of exasperation.

I wish I'd been on that jury, they'd still be in the jury room with me. I wouldn't fold.

Pretty sad that there was a juror out there who hung the jury to keep Jodi Arias from getting the death penalty, yet not one of these jurors would take a stand for Caylee.

Well you're right about just one thing - Cindy and George cared for and provided for Caylee from the moment she was born, and for the following 2 years until her death - whereas Casey spent those two years lying to friends and family in order to leave them with her for as much time as possible - she didn't want her and could not wait to get rid of her, to any unsuspecting person who could be conned into babysitting for her, and as soon as she got home from 'work' Cindy would take over. She would not give Cindy the satisfaction of giving custody to her, and she had been given an ultimatum to straighten up or get out,and at that point she decided to just get rid of her permanently. We saw from her computer searches that she was looking for the easiest way to do it, so there was ample premeditation- it was not an accident nor a crime of exasperation.

Casey lost her job with Kodak @ Universal on April 24, 2006.............

So for two years, while living under Cindy's nose, she pretended to still be working and yet have nothing to show for it, and Cindy never questioned it!?

I can see someone pulling this off for a few weeks after becoming unemployed, but not TWO WHOLE YEARS.

Was Cynthia Marie really that rhymes-with-cupid?

I still see red when ever I think about that evil,vile woman. My blood pressure goes sky high when I think about the dumbness of the jury. It was the case that woke me up and made me realize how bizarre and upside our world has become.It seems like the good get punished and the bad get rewarded.My feelings will never change against that woman ever. Caylee deserved so much more and so many let her down. I also blame Judge Perry, he bent over backward for Baez and made the jury feel like they were on a vacation instead of a jury. He could have not accepted the verdict but he wanted his good record to stand before retiring. He seemed as stunned as we did and did nothing!

Casey lost her job with Kodak @ Universal on April 24, 2006.............

So for two years, while living under Cindy's nose, she pretended to still be working and yet have nothing to show for it, and Cindy never questioned it!?

I can see someone pulling this off for a few weeks after becoming unemployed, but not TWO WHOLE YEARS.

Oh Cindy knew. George went to one of the places that Casey claimed to work looking for her and was told she didn't work there. George told Cindy about it and Cindy stopped him from confronting her.

Cindy also knew that Casey was stealing thousands and thousands of dollars from her. Casey jacked up all of her credit cards, stole from Caylee's college fund and Caylee's piggy bank, etc. Cindy had to dip into her 401K account to keep paying the bills and still refused to do anything about it.

Casey even got into her grandfather (the one in the nursing home's) bank account via some checks she probably found lying around Shirley's house and stole money from them. Twice. The last time was coincidentally right before Caylee disappeared. That's why I call shenanigans about that stupid story Cindy told on the stand about them cuddling, watching TV and crying over Cindy's sick father.

Shirley told the police that she told Cindy that she was planning to go to the police on the fifteenth of June. Shirley told the police that Cindy told her that she would never speak to her again if she called the police on Casey and said that she would handle it. According to hearsay originating from Lee and other family members, she handled it by getting in a huge fight with Casey that ended up with her strangling Casey and Casey getting in her car and driving away with Caylee.

Cindy suffers from some sort of insane, toxic co-dependence. It disgusted me to no end to hear the talking heads refer to her unhealthy enabling as "unconditional love."

Cindy Anthony should have been charged with perjury. I hate to say it, but she humanized Casey to the jury with her lies and made her seem like not the sort of person who would murder her daughter. I also think that stuff about Casey stealing from her grandfather should have come in because it was right before Caylee's disappearance.

It's funny however, if Cindy thinks she "won" against the general public. She didn't win. Because of her lying and enabling, she lost more than anyone else. HER granddaughter that she claimed she loved is the one who is dead, not ours. We're just disbelieving bystanders.

Casey will cause her pain for the rest of her life IMO because the evidence points to Casey hating her and killing Caylee to spite her.

Was Cynthia Marie really that rhymes-with-cupid?

Yes.

He could have not accepted the verdict but he wanted his good record to stand before retiring. He seemed as stunned as we did and did nothing!

He can override a guilty verdict, but unfortunately, there's nothing he can do against an acquittal. It's all part of our justice system's "better to release ten guilty murderers back into society than to put one innocent person in jail" motto.

What he should have done, IMO, is called a mistrial when Baez failed to prove even one aspect of his sordid opening statement. Of course that would have caused FL a fortune.

He did instruct them as to what the law was and what they were supposed to consider and weren't supposed to consider and they ignored all of it and just did what they wanted. Too busy listening to Baez authored incest *advertiser censored* to concentrate on anything else I guess.

It's really a shame though. He would have done the country a huge favor by flushing those idiots from the jury pool. All Caylee would have needed to get another shot was one person who listened, showed some skepticism towards the latest round of lies coming from a pathological liar and took their job seriously.

In the discovery docs, there were copies of checks from Cindy's account that Casey had forged.

I couldn't believe that Cin allowed this to go on for so long before finally cutting Casey off in spring 2008.

Something bad was BOUND to happen in that family.

He can override a guilty verdict, but unfortunately, there's nothing he can do against an acquittal. It's all part of our justice system's "better to release ten guilty murderers back into society than to put one innocent person in jail" motto.

What he should have done, IMO, is called a mistrial when Baez failed to prove even one aspect of his sordid opening statement. Of course that would have caused FL a fortune.

He did instruct them as to what the law was and what they were supposed to consider and weren't supposed to consider and they ignored all of it and just did what they wanted. Too busy listening to Baez authored incest *advertiser censored* to concentrate on anything else I guess.

It's really a shame though. He would have done the country a huge favor by flushing those idiots from the jury pool. All Caylee would have needed to get another shot was one person who listened, showed some skepticism towards the latest round of lies coming from a pathological liar and took their job seriously.

BBM

He did go over the instructions with them, however, and this has always been my big problem with Perry, he allowed ChMason to misstate the jury instructions in closing arguments and (purposely) confuse the jury without stopping him or correcting him or setting the jury straight. He just allowed them to head off to deliberations, I guess, thinking they would actually read the instructions and see that they DIDN'T need a cause of death or time of death or the place of death or even motive, as Mason said was REQUIRED. How can we forget "the who, the what, the when, the where, they why, the how".... Mason said they HAD to know the cause of death in order to convict her of murder... Perry didn't stop him, he didn't make it clear to the jury that COD was not required. I think he should've flat out told them to disregard what Mason said, and explain why point by point... I really think that by that point in the trial (pretty much) everyone thought the jury must've been so over the loony defense team and their laughable theory that they probably weren't even listening to ChMason's ramblings in closing....but, regardless, it was still his job to make sure the jury understood their instructions... And I'm sure Perry was blindslided like the rest of us with the verdict, it took him a sec when he first read the jury forms, and I bet he would do things differently if he had a do over.... No one was thinking that the jury was actually listening to their outrageous story, and their equally appalling lack of evidence for their disturbing accusations they made in opening statements......

Now, would it have made a difference to the jury? Idk, but we know the two jurors who were interviewed followed the instructions CM gave, they pretty much regurgitated everything he said for their reasons they "had" to acquit her....We know for the first vote there were 2 jurors who voted guilty for murder 1, the second vote had 6 jurors who voted guilty for manslaughter...perhaps it could've been enough for the 6 to take a stronger stand and shut down the pushy leaders who were following Mason's playbook and just wanted to acquit her without discussing it or looking at the evidence... Who knows...but, I think it was a mistake, and Perry allowed the defense to get away with too much for the sake of the record, because he thought there was no way 12 people would believe anything they were saying anyway... And I really don't think he ever thought they'd acquit her...

Trials are filled with theories, inferences, opinions, etc, but one thing that should never be open for interpretation (or manipulated or misstated) are the instructions... That still bothers me.

All jmo.

There was a lot of fighting going on in the Anthony home around that time, there could have been arguments on both days.

Flashback:

FUHRMAN: "Well, I can tell you this. I think the brother is the closest to Casey, and maybe that might be because of age. But he seems to be the one that would be the best chance to of getting Casey to actually come clean with just exactly what she knows.

But I can tell you this. While I was still on the ground in Orlando, I talked to one of the immediate neighbors that is within earshot of the Anthony house, and he said that Casey Anthony had one hell of a temper.

And he heard her swearing at her mother several times, so loud that he could hear it from his house, and that he would never talk to his parents that way. And he said even Father's Day weekend, that was going on.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/0...jail-visits-refused-body-farm-techniques.html

Father's day was June 15th, so she was still living at the house then, not moved out as DC states....

Trials are filled with theories, inferences, opinions, etc, but one thing that should never be open for interpretation (or manipulated or misstated) are the instructions... That still bothers me.

I agree. And what really bothers me is that the jury not understanding the jury instructions would be a free card to a new trial if Casey had been convicted. Heck, Casey would have gotten a new trial on appeal probably simply because it was obvious the jurors had been discussing the case when they weren't supposed to.

Looking back, any victory we would have gotten would have been a partial victory at best. The one thing that could have really saved this was a juror hanging the jury and Casey getting a new trial. Plus, she would have had to park her butt in jail while waiting for it.

Judge Perry really should have called a mistrial.

Hi All,

I am wondering if any of you have read the book "Inside the Mind of Casey Anthony" by Keith Ablow, and if so, what you thought of it?
I read it and did find it interesting but I couldn't get over the fact that the author blamed Cindy Anthony for not only Caylee's death, but also the dysfunctionality of the entire family.

I hope and pray she confesses one day.

The only way she is going to talk ( and don't expect the truth) will be if someone offers $$$. It's almost 5 years now and media don't seem interested enough to (a) risk the wrath of the general public by giving her a voice and (b) willing to pay her for what would certainly be another version of similar lies...

Hi All,

I am wondering if any of you have read the book "Inside the Mind of Casey Anthony" by Keith Ablow, and if so, what you thought of it?
I read it and did find it interesting but I couldn't get over the fact that the author blamed Cindy Anthony for not only Caylee's death, but also the dysfunctionality of the entire family.

Hello - there is thread on this book, which is old.... maybe you'll find some interesting things in it.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ny-A-Psychological-Portrait-by-Keith-Ablow-MD

Personally, I won't ever read that book. I don't care for the author or his interpretations - but to each his/her own.

That's what he did, huh? I doubt I'll ever read it then.

I really don't understand why people are willing to make excuses for Casey when it's obvious that she is at fault for whatever happened to Caylee, she disposed of Caylee's body and then went to extreme and manipulative lengths to cover up.

Casey is, and was, a grown woman. If she didn't like where she was living, all she had to do was get a real job and move out instead of lying and robbing everyone around her blind.

TMZ.com is reporting that casey is having a yard sell at her new home in Palm Beach FL.
She lives there with her new boy friend.
A neighbor reported that she is happy . Doesn;t to be affected by
murdering her daughter.
IMO she is one sick --uck!

The photo doesn't show her to be living in fear as Cheney Mason would like us to believe. She looks very comfortable being in public.
I'm just surprised people don't question her.....!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back