ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt they are tired and exhausted, but yet VDK seems a little perturbed at the press after a seemingly non-ending ramble about the search, and asks what else do you guys want to know? And JM is tired, I am positive. But, I wanted her to look at the camera and BEG and PLEAD that whomever had DeOrr to please return him and PLEASE don't hurt him. WE LOVE HIM! WE miss him. We need him in our lives for us to be a family. Bring him back to us. Her demeanor is just... odd. Pardon me if that offends, but something is just off with both of them... And yes maybe I am twisting what I am seeing knowing they are considered suspects. It's more than just being exhausted and tired... In specific to the baby blanket, VDK referred to it sort of like a true replica of a security blanket. Did they have 2 blankets just alike so JM could wash one when the other was dirty? I know he was tired. He had a hard time saying the name of the search & rescue team. But, it was as if he wanted to talk about EVERYTHING but DeOrr and he didn't let JM get in a word edgewise. She seems so subdued. Again, hoping I am wrong and DeOrr is found soon and this nightmare can come to an end.

I am wondering if VDK knows more than JM?

I don't think saying "They're solid" is pretty open to interpretation in Idaho...or kansas, or illinois. Not in the places I've lived. It means they are not lying, did not do anything wrong, are innocent.

They were solid way back in the beginning though. Back when everyone thought it was just a little boy who wandered off and nothing else. Before 4 failed polygraphs and multiple story changes. Likely before they started digging through any evidence. They had 1 story, or 4 similar stories, and a missing toddler. They had no reason to doubt those stories at the time.

Did they really fail the poly? I thought they were all inconclusive. What changed? The only thing I could think of changing that we're privy too (barely) is the time span going from 17 minutes to 3 hours. Time flies.

They were solid way back in the beginning though. Back when everyone thought it was just a little boy who wandered off and nothing else. Before 4 failed polygraphs and multiple story changes. Likely before they started digging through any evidence. They had 1 story, or 4 similar stories, and a missing toddler. They had no reason to doubt those stories at the time.

But, they also may have doubted them then as well, but for tactical reasons didn't disclose that to the public.
I've seen that happen in other cases. One that really stands out in my mind is the Beverly Carter case, the kidnapped and murdered realtor from Arkansas. Suspect (and recently convicted) Arron Lewis was apprehended quickly. At the presser, LE insisted and assured the public that he'd acted alone. One month later his wife was arrested. It came out that they'd known about her involvement all along. She eventually took a plea bargain and testified against her husband. We learned a lot about spousal privilege in that case. Just goes to show that LE doesn't (and isn't obligated to) disclose what they know during an investigation.

Good question! It almost seems as they bending over backward to show that they did appreciate people help looking and coming to the scene because maybe at first they didn't seem grateful and were criticized on SM? ?? I don't understand why they won't release HIS 911 call. I think there is something that LE doesn't want the public to hear yet....

Hmmm. Like he said something different than the story that JM told...

When I heard "solid", I thought it might mean they were sticking together and not turning on each other, or both telling the same story. But I'm not in the USA, so I don't know what colloquial meaning it might have in Idaho.

Solid:

3.5 Unanimous or undivided:
they received solid support from their teammates

4 Dependable; reliable:
the defence is solid
there is solid evidence of lower inflation

4.1 Sound but without any special qualities or flair:
the rest of the acting is solid

(solid with) US informal On good terms with:
he thought he could put himself in solid with you by criticizing her

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/solid

Did they really fail the poly? I thought they were all inconclusive. What changed? The only thing I could think of changing that we're privy too (barely) is the time span going from 17 minutes to 3 hours. Time flies.

They failed key parts of the polys - 4 times. They did not completely "fail" the tests, there were some questions where they were truthful.

I had a quick Google, but I couldn't find a colloquial meaning of "solid" listed as anything like "not lying, did not do anything wrong, are innocent" anywhere. Anyone got a link?

Eta, found some more definitions:

a. Of good quality: off to a solid start.
b. Substantial; hearty: a solid meal.
c. Sound; reliable: solid facts.
d. Financially sound: a solid business.
e. Upstanding or dependable: a solid citizen.
f. Slang Excellent; first-rate.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/solid

Tbh I've never heard a person called "solid" before, unless it refers to their body-type... If someone said to me "This man is solid" I wouldn't be exactly sure what they meant... But since he referred to the two parents together as "solid" I thought he might mean "sticking together".

I don't think saying "They're solid" is pretty open to interpretation in Idaho...or kansas, or illinois. Not in the places I've lived. It means they are not lying, did not do anything wrong, are innocent.

I think he chose that word because it IS open to interpretation. It is not really saying much of anything. Instead of saying that they were truthful or sincere or that he believed them, he used a rather ambiguous word - "solid".

I had a quick Google, but I couldn't find a colloquial meaning of "solid" listed as anything like "not lying, did not do anything wrong, are innocent" anywhere. Anyone got a link?

I think the Sheriff was just giving them the benefit of doubt and implying they were working with them at the time he made that statement and they didn't have any reason to doubt them. That was a long time ago....now I dont think SB thinks their story is solid when being asked about where their son is and what happened to him. He now thinks they are being untruthful regarding those issues. JMO

They failed key parts of the polys - 4 times. They did not completely "fail" the tests, there were some questions where they were truthful.

Do you have a link to this information? I thought LE has only confirmed that their answers were inconclusive, not that they actually failed.

Do you have a link to this information? I thought LE has only confirmed that their answers were inconclusive, not that they actually failed.

It was posted upthread within the past couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Sheriff was just giving them the benefit of doubt and implying they were working with them at the time he made that statement and they didn't have any reason to doubt them. That was a long time ago....now I dont think SB thinks their story is solid when being asked about where their son is and what happened to him. He now thinks they are being untruthful regarding those issues. JMO

I think he chose that word because it IS open to interpretation. It is not really saying much of anything. Instead of saying that they were truthful or sincere or that he believed them, he used a rather ambiguous word - "solid".

Yes, I agree. I think that if LE had really wanted to clear the parents, they would have put out a less ambiguous statement... They could have said something like "The parents have been cleared", like the Australian LE did with William Tyrrell's parents.

I thought "I'm good with them and they're good with me" was an even more odd thing to say...

Interesting that Klein has choosen to do a question answer about baby Deoor on Bellas Friends FB page, https://www.facebook.com/KleinInvestigations/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Hard not to remember beautiful baby girl Bella. On June 25 of last year, the body of a deceased toddler-age girl was found on the western shore of Deer Island in Winthrop. She was ID'd as Bella Bond. Her Mother and Moms BF are held on her murder. Its a sick sad horrible story and I remember being rocked mentally by the happy smiling photos on the Mothers FB page and the reality this baby was found deceased and dumped. I have no doubt there is a reason Klein choose this page to talk on.

I am in no way saying I agree or disagree. Just making an observation that is hard to miss. JMO

SB: You know I dwelled on that fact for a long time but I have to trust the experts. They say when both people failed the same questions multiple times, there is something there and they’re being less than truthful, so I have to trust the experts.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot&p=12319129#post12319129

Eta, found some more definitions:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/solid

Tbh I've never heard a person called "solid" before, unless it refers to their body-type... If someone said to me "This man is solid" I wouldn't be exactly sure what they meant... But since he referred to the two parents together as "solid" I thought he might mean "sticking together".

As an Idahoan I took it to mean that the parents were cooperating & there was nothing to suspect. Like, their explanation of events was solid as opposed to falling apart or full of holes. To say someone is solid is to say you can rely upon them.
Since we have now seen a complete opposite in reporting from LE I am inclined to think they are really not concerned with sharing their info with the public unless they absolutely must.

I got the impression he meant their story was solid, and that they were sticking to it.

Honestly though, when Sheriff Bower has been interviewed, IMO he's pretty casual with his answers. He wouldn't know exactly what would be asked, and I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but I don't think he dug deeply or chose his words with caution. iMO perhaps that is a word he has used in other cases, and it seemed to make sense in this circumstance.

Yes, I agree. I think that if LE had really wanted to clear the parents, they would have put out a less ambiguous statement... They could have said something like "The parents have been cleared", like the Australian LE did with William Tyrrell's parents.

As in- "we have a cooperative dialogue going & I am keeping my enemies close".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member