CONVICTION OVERTURNED MD - Hae Min Lee, 17, Baltimore, 13 Jan 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's not a new trial right? It's a hearing, I think?

I can't FATHOM what old Bob is gonna be sounding like during his next podcast. He will be absolutely GIDDY.

LOL! And then tell us around fifteen different ways how pleased he is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think LE asked Debbie questions about a possible hotel/motel room because Hae used her debit card at a hotel at some point. The charge was listed on her bank statement (I think it was a Comfort Inn in Baltimore, if my memory serves me right.)

But I haven't got a clue why they kept asking Bilal about one---unless LE was already aware of the sexual exploitation of minors and were just waiting on him to get caught.

Also, I believe in the big document dump recently, where the police files were added to the internet, there was a Hae Lee or Hae Min Lee who had stayed in a local hotel, but it turned out to be a 50-some year old man there traveling, completely unrelated.

However, I'm guessing the hotel receipt came first and then they went to hotels rather than it being a random search at the hotels.

Where has everyone been lately? I guess it's been quiet because there hasn't been much chatter due to the holidays & lack of podcasts.

But what was up with the Undisclosed podcast this week? There was some weird panel that posted three 4-5 minute episodes and it really confused me.

I need to catch up. Rabia's voice is too soothing.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Where has everyone been lately? I guess it's been quiet because there hasn't been much chatter due to the holidays & lack of podcasts.

But what was up with the Undisclosed podcast this week? There was some weird panel that posted three 4-5 minute episodes and it really confused me.

At first I thought they had been hacked. Very strange since there was no explanation and they were all very short episodes.

It was because of thanksgiving. They did say the episode before that it would be a panel featuring Susan Simpson. I found it rather boring! Roll on new episode of Undisclosed!

They added 3 more super short episodes from the panel. Why not make it one long episode of the whole conversation? Weird.

Hey friends. I've missed y'all!

I noticed that bizarre-o thing w Undisclosed. I didn't listen to them and then POOF they were gone.

Did y'all hear that our main man Bob IS RETIRING?! That means ALL BOB, all the time, ladies and gents!

Looks like Christmas came early for us, huh? ������

I'm listening to Bob's latest: the "was the ground snow covered when jay supposedly buried hae w Adnan.." is being addressed now, it's the end of the episode.

Seems like not much new stuff. I thought the last episode of Undisclosed on the state's case was pretty good. Interesting and thorough.

Anywho. You're all missed. Any new thoughts on this case?

❤️❤️❤️, Missy.

Do you think maybe jay remembers snow on the ground because he went back to Hae's grave after the 13th? Like before they found her?

Am I crazy?
Don't answer that! ��

This snow thing is impossible to definitively prove one way or the other, not after so many years. I don't know why Bob is focusing on it so much. It's not in question that Jay is lying to minimize his own involvement in Hae's murder. Maybe he held the flashlight for Adnan and doesn't want to say so because it would be more involved than he wants to admit. Maybe there was snow on the ground that night. Bob's present day hunting trips in a different season in a different time zone are, frankly, irrelevant.

I was cracking up when he went off on his tangent about being in the woods periscoping his little foray. I love his random tangential podcast. It's kind of like hate-listening for me. I especially love that he's going into a new case! What kind of hysterics is this going to give us to gossip about? My god! We might need a new thread! LOL

On an unrelated off-topic note(s):
-I found this new podcast, Detective. It's with that Det. Kenda from discoveryID. The casts are really short but, it's pretty good, I think. I like that detective.
-Is anyone else listening to the second season of Serial or am I alone on that? Koenig's calling the Taliban in the next episode. Huh?! I don't even know they were listed! LOL

Have a good day, y'all!

Greenbean, what a relief to find a fellow "hate listener" of T&J.

I will have to check out the Detective podcast. I'm always looking for something new to listen to.

I'm listening to Serial season 2. But I've read a few articles about Bowe Bergdahl and I can't imagine that there's much more to the story that could possibly be told.

There are some things I like about Bob, but some things that bother me, too. I will listen to his podcast to hear about the new cases he looks into.

I'm not listening to Serial Season 2. Sarah Koenig is talented but she was bothered that people on reddit were able to discover details that her team didn't, and she's been really dismissive of their efforts. She's made comments about hoping S2 isn't as popular as S1...and I don't mind unsubscribing to help her out with that! Lol

I was cracking up when he went off on his tangent about being in the woods periscoping his little foray. I love his random tangential podcast. It's kind of like hate-listening for me. I especially love that he's going into a new case! What kind of hysterics is this going to give us to gossip about? My god! We might need a new thread! LOL

On an unrelated off-topic note(s):
-I found this new podcast, Detective. It's with that Det. Kenda from discoveryID. The casts are really short but, it's pretty good, I think. I like that detective.
-Is anyone else listening to the second season of Serial or am I alone on that? Koenig's calling the Taliban in the next episode. Huh?! I don't even know they were listed! LOL

Have a good day, y'all!

I LOVE Detective! There's another podcast called Criminal that I really like too.

I'm listening to season 2 of Serial but I'm finding it to be incredibly boring. I've had to force myself to finish the last few episodes. Bleh. I hope it gets better.

Count me in as a "hate" listener of T&J. His take on Making a Murderer really annoyed me. Dude, you quit your job to make a podcast about a guy you felt was wrongly convicted. Do you not believe Avery and Massey were wrongly convicted as well because they aren't attractive, smart, young men? His new season is also on corrupt cops in a small town, yet he's gung ho on the Manitowoc police department. Shut up, Bob.

Anyway, I hope Adnan does well in court.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Had a mini discussion with a friend about this case today. She said the simplest explanation is usually the correct one, therefore that's why she believes Adnan did it.

I won't argue the point with her because I respect her and don't want to create a problem, but I'd really like to ask her how "Adnan did it" is really the simplest explanation here. Is it just because he's her ex? Because the current boyfriend should have been equally suspect - especially since his alibi was only provided by his mom, and they never actually verified his presence at work during crucial times with any co-workers or video.

Is it because Jay said Adnan did it? Because Jay have multiple versions and nearly every part of his story changed except the "Adnan did it" part.

The lividity evidence - as presented in the autopsy report and testimony by the ME at trial - clearly indicates she could not have been buried in the position in which she was found.

I don't know who did kill Hae, but I know the investigation was severely biased and once they had a "confession" they only looked for evidence to support their theory.

At the very least Adnan deserves a new trial that is fair. With an attorney who actually cares about justice.

Also Adnan has never once admitted killing Hae. Even after all this time. My money's on Don.

Also Adnan has never once admitted killing Hae. Even after all this time. My money's on Don.

Don is my #1 suspect too.

He created an alibi for himself before she was even found. That's not something an innocent person does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288