VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild speculation here....the parents say NK had an appendectomy and that DE drove her. Since that procedure is usually done in an emergency, it makes sense that the parents wouldn't be there and the patient would need the help of whomever was close by.

However, it also could be an excuse for any other procedure that the patient didn't want to admit to parents. Abortion perhaps? That would explain the choice of DE as the person who accompanied her, if they did indeed have an intimate relationship.

Again, this is WILD SPECULATION. She could, in fact, have had an appendectomy.

Opinions subject to change.

If she is VT FT would she be in her parents health insurance? They could have seen what time of procedure she had.

He might have just given up using the shovel as the ground may have been hard and the digging was taking alot of time.

As a side note, though it seems simple, using a shovel well and digging quickly takes practice (years ago, I worked construction labor and learned the hard way). I doubt DE has done any construction type work or commercial landscaping. My guess is that he stabbed the ground a few times, saw it was harder than it looks and going slow, then gave up.

Agreeing w you - digging a big hole may have been waaaaay more difficult than he anticipated.
Maybe he/they watched too much TV & too many movies and had little RL experience, other than academic, and, well, track. Ditto re other aspects of the crimes? Tougher, harder than it looks?
LE is smarter than the presumably limited exposure he/they personally had w LE, e.g. traffic stops?
Just possibilities.

Oh, a different line of thought re shovel - is it poss he/they bought it to use as blunt instrument?
Or was stabbing the only method of injuring & killing he/they considered?

I just thought I'd add my personal story to this, because I can relate to some things about DE. Certainly not going after anyone as young as 13 or murdering anyone, but I didn't fit in. In high school, I basically had a small group of close neighborhood friends. In school, I literally talked to no one else. The same thing continued into college. I had friends in college, but basically none of them were from classes. I barely said a word in class there either. Plus, engineering classes were like 85% male, so I wouldn't have met women there.

I went out to parties all the time, but again, those were male dominated at my school and my male friends and I weren't smooth. I had close friendships with my all male floor freshman year. We did everything together, like 30+ of us. Our lounge had a stair to the all female 2nd floor. I had a huge crush on someone that lived up there, yet I was in her room a total of once, maybe twice all year. She had seemed to show a little interest when I interacted with her too, like sitting close by me at a basketball because we happened to have a mutual friend. At the end of the year, I spoke so little that she was still calling me "hey you." Now, I would be so much more aggressive trying to court her than I was back then.

At that time I felt more comfortable talking to younger women and I was always more comfortable online. From 18-20, I was still talking to a few younger girls from my area back home. They would've been 16 or 17 at the time. Nothing ever really came of those either, but I was more comfortable in that setting than with the women on my own college campus. I still don't see how he would be interested in a 13 year old unless he didn't know she was 13, but I could see how he could be more comfortable with younger girls.

Are all of us engineers on the quiet side?! Somebody else mentioned that about their husband and best friend that are engineers. One story did say DE stuck to his room a lot and the NK was quiet. She did plays so I really have to wonder about that one, though.

Replying to this post from the last thread as WS wouldn't load for me last night so I am playing catch up!
"Why would a university/college freshman go online looking for a date when they've just been dropped into an campus full of young woman? Doesn't make sense. Think about it. ewww. Most kids are hanging with their roomate, floor, dorm and have a full plate with classwork and social activities."

FWIW: I am married to a [mechanical] engineer. We & our friends all joke about how we ever wound up together; I have an outgoing personality, where he is much quieter, and (in the nicest way possible to say it) somewhat socially awkward. He always says that's how engineers are. My best friend is also an engineer (also mechanical), and I can recall going to visit her in college & going to a frat house for a party with her before Summerfest. (She went to a big university after high school; I stayed closer to home & lived in a townhouse & rented a duplex, so I never had the large university experience or that of dorm life). I expected the party to be like frat parties on the movies. It ended up being SO boring; I soon found out it was the engineering fraternity & that was their typical 'party' style (in that area at least). My best friend is definitely more outgoing than my husband, but her fiancé--a [civil] engineer, is great, but also what I'd consider socially awkward at times. My cousin is married is also married to an engineer. She is more outgoing & outspoken like myself, & he is quite socially awkward. We joke about being married to the same person; our husbands always blame their awkwardness on 'it's an engineer thing.' My husband & I would never have wound up dating if it wasn't for me, because he was SO shy/awkward! I realize not everyone who is an engineer is awkward (i.e. My best friend), however, in my own experience it does seem to often go hand in hand. So maybe he didn't have the self confidence to meet people in a 'normal' setting due to a possibly awkward personality? My husband & I actually met on match.com in college. I was a single mom & did not have time or interest in meeting at parties, bars, etc. he was on because he was too shy/awkward �� In hindsight, I wouldn't go on ANY online dating site or app nowadays. I felt more safe with match.com because you had to pay for a membership so o felt that ruled out crazies, but now I wouldn't even believe that.

I I also saw it speculated that, being an engineering major he must've had good grades. I know nothing about VA Tech, but my husband's high school grades were only average.
All my opinion only!

They say many engineering types are control freaks, too lol. I know quite a few and 75% of them have these tendencies. But what you said I would definitely agree with. What's the saying..."Never, but never question the judgement of an engineer"

When I think of DE...if he leans towards social awkwardness, that could definitely be why others described he stayed confined to his room a lot. If he leans towards control freak, (and has the dark tendencies we assume he has), then it must have been torture for him and eating away at him that he could not control this young child. He's seems to be regimented and goal-oriented and driven. He needed to solve this problem.

Prosecutors said they believe Keepers helped kill someone she never met or talked to. Pettitt also said that Keepers had expressed that she "was excited to be a part of something secret and special with Eisenhauer." NK has dug her grave on this one. What a crazy statement to make.Exciting is not a good word to use when you are part of a murder. http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_70e268da-cb75-11e5-a6e0-9bad603856bd.html

I just thought I'd add my personal story to this, because I can relate to some things about DE. Certainly not going after anyone as young as 13 or murdering anyone, but I didn't fit in. In high school, I basically had a small group of close neighborhood friends. In school, I literally talked to no one else. The same thing continued into college. I had friends in college, but basically none of them were from classes. I barely said a word in class there either. Plus, engineering classes were like 85% male, so I wouldn't have met women there.

I went out to parties all the time, but again, those were male dominated at my school and my male friends and I weren't smooth. I had close friendships with my all male floor freshman year. We did everything together, like 30+ of us. Our lounge had a stair to the all female 2nd floor. I had a huge crush on someone that lived up there, yet I was in her room a total of once, maybe twice all year. She had seemed to show a little interest when I interacted with her too, like sitting close by me at a basketball because we happened to have a mutual friend. At the end of the year, I spoke so little that she was still calling me "hey you." Now, I would be so much more aggressive trying to court her than I was back then.

At that time I felt more comfortable talking to younger women and I was always more comfortable online. From 18-20, I was still talking to a few younger girls from my area back home. They would've been 16 or 17 at the time. Nothing ever really came of those either, but I was more comfortable in that setting than with the women on my own college campus. I still don't see how he would be interested in a 13 year old unless he didn't know she was 13, but I could see how he could be more comfortable with younger girls.

Respectfully BBM

I hear what you're saying runner, but he was trolling her, luring her, "grooming" her so to speak imo. He knew she was underage and that is what he is interested in sexually...early adolescent females. I wish he were the last, but we know he's not the only one interested in underage females.

She doesn't look even near 16, act near 16...he went after what he was turned on by. He had a campus and internet full of females closer in age to him and of age that would have willingly hooked up with him, but he selected her...he's a predator and one sexually interested in young adolescent females

All MOO

I haven't followed many cases into the court room for trials. Is that sort of thing typically filmed and shown online or no? I know I've seen clips from various cases. Just wondering how much of this we may get to see.

Agreeing w you - digging a big hole may have been waaaaay more difficult than he anticipated.
Maybe he/they watched too much TV & too many movies and had little RL experience, other than academic, and, well, track. Ditto re other aspects of the crimes? Tougher, harder than it looks?
LE is smarter than the presumably limited exposure he/they personally had w LE, e.g. traffic stops?
Just possibilities.

Oh, a different line of thought re shovel - is it poss he/they bought it to use as blunt instrument?
Or was stabbing the only method of injuring & killing he/they considered?

NK confessed that they had discussed methods of killing and had settled on stabbing.

Being an RN, I can say that many cutters hide the cuts in places no one will see.

the fact she was very active in theatre. Unless she always got dressed alone which is highly doubtful, her body would have been exposed during dress changes and makeup application which I would think would be hard to hide the fact of being someone who cuts themselves. I do not have experience with or know no one personally who has so it's just my thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder how long before we learn of the underage and/or violent *advertiser censored* found on his devices? And how long he's been viewing it.

I noticed that the area where she was likely killed has a street and pond with the name Pandapas. I only took notice because wasn't Nicole really into pandas?

Oh my goodness. Yes she was. If that plays a factor into the planning this just keeps getting darker. I don't know how many shades of darkness are left as of now... [emoji17]

What if her home life was not very happy. She was a high achiever in high school, she attempted suicide, cutting, and this all happens right after winter break. Speculating that maybe her high achievement was because of unyielding pressure from her parents. She gets a taste of freedom while at school, goes back home for break and all the same parental pressure is back and it unravels her. She apparently has been screaming for help for years.

If she was my child, given her history, I would have been very concerned sending her away, out of state to college.

I don't know that she was, "screaming for help for years". She is clearly mentally ill. Many mental illnesses are genetic, doesn't always signify abusive environment. We don't know her treatment backround.

<Respectfully snipped for space >>

Ya know, maybe I'm seeing things that aren't really there. A number of people have mentioned how there are similarities in appearance between Nicole and NK. I can see it symbolically like NK was killing off all the things she didn't like about herself. How many of these things could describe both of them? Not popular, Not stunningly good looking. Lonely. Maybe feeling not as smart as her internal image things she should be, if NK needed a tutor. (Not sure how Nicole's grades were, but compared to a 13 year old, most college students will think the younger person is not as sophisticated or intelligent.) Gullible? Health problems? Feeling unappreciated? Feeling unprotected?

Projection much, NK?

Not that I'm all that sympathetic. A lot of people have difficulty adjusting to college, or have to change majors, reimage what they want to do in life, all without killing a 13 year old to boost their ego.

I wonder what kind of decision process went into selecting Nicole as the victim.

Are all of us engineers on the quiet side?! Somebody else mentioned that about their husband and best friend that are engineers. One story did say DE stuck to his room a lot and the NK was quiet. She did plays so I really have to wonder about that one, though.

No, all engineers are not that quiet. My dad and my ex were both very outgoing and personable. Those types tend to rise up the ladder pretty quickly.

the fact she was very active in theatre. Unless she always got dressed alone which is highly doubtful, her body would have been exposed during dress changes and makeup application which I would think would be hard to hide the fact of being someone who cuts themselves. I do not have experience with or know no one who has so it's just my thought.

One of my children was involved with youth theatre several years ago, and there were two girls in the group (that I know of) who cut themselves. I know this because I'm close to their moms, and because my DD knew and she told me. Interestingly, both the girls were the high-achiever types. I don't recall anyone actually seeing the cuts - though I wouldn't necessarily know myself if the cuts were visible. What I'm saying is that NK could have somehow hidden the cuts even in a close setting like theater.

Doesn't really matter, I suppose.

I'm thinking the "cutting" of Nicole was a heinous step in NK's own self-cutting. It's like she used Nicole to damage her own self - proving her sense of worthlessness to herself and the world. (Armchair analysis there and worth what you paid for it.) In a way, the murder was a suicide. Her life as she knew it is over.

JMO.

My guess is that DE met her very close to her house. A 13 year old walking alone at night might attract the attention of police patrols. Likewise, even 13 year olds with a set goal (meet "boyfriend"), might hesitate to walk alone at night to an area that they had never been to before.

DE, like most predators, probably wanted to make it very easy for her to meet him. No complicated instructions, no relatively long walks to strange places. Rather: "Just get out of your house and down the block or two. I will come to you".

Surely this guy is qualified for the Virginia death penalty?

Before we will know that, a Grand Jury will have to indict him on capital charges.

It could well have been too much TV mixed with natural arrogance where he presumes that he is so superior that everything is easy and everyone else (police) are incompetent. The more I think about it, I think DE could resemble Scott Peterson very closely. Consider the similarities:

- Both DE and Scott Peterson seem to be "high functioning" sociopaths / evil individuals. What I mean by that is that their outward personalities were not so extreme that they gave alot of warning signs. Apparently there was no past violence, no killing of animals, no series of convictions for other crimes etc.

My guess is that prior to their crimes, both men, though "jerks" were able to pass for normal. Several people later reported that they found Scott Peterson to be unsettling in a vague way (evil aura?), but nothing alarming. My guess is that others will say the same for DE: "jerk, vaguely unsettling, but nothing alarming".

- Both men systematically plan and commit horrific crimes but show very little actual skill. Both are quickly caught. I bet both thought the rest of the world was so useless that it was impossible for them to be caught. Rather, their nacisstic word alone would clear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73