VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that has been on my mind is why did NL barracade her bedroom door with a dresser? why not just lock the door?
Her mom checking in on her at night would draw suspicion right away. Was someone let into her room from the window and did that so she could not escape as she was kidnapped? Did she really leave willingly? Odd that no neighbors saw or heard anything. This is an apartment building correct? She lived on the first floor? Grandma, mom and 3 siblings lived together? 4 bedrooms? Do we have a blueprint of the apartment? 1st crime scene?

Lantern Ridge Apartments -rental info- 1-3 bedroom units
http://m.forrent.com/apartment-community-profile/1000066949

Video showing off property also included in the first link.

2br floor plan - http://m.forrent.com/floorplan/1000066949/6861968

3br floor plan- http://m.forrent.com/floorplan/1000066949/6861969

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My browser is not letting me pull up the comments for some reason. I know we can't post links, but is it possible someone could quote the comment here? I'm very interested to read it! Thanks in advance, if you are able to.
This is the article with comments that I am referencing:
http://www.richmond.com/sports/coll...11e5-8d83-13c55809ffbb.html#facebook-comments

It's against WS rules to quote comments from articles and social media. Try another browser or incognito mode? Sometimes that helps.

Basically, the person seems to be very adamant that DE is innocent.

'Wasn't there previous discussion here about the charges against NK? ("just accessory" not first-degree) Maybe I'm just behind/confused.

This report seems certain:

"Natalie Keepers charged with 1st-degree murder in #NicoleLovell case. We will live stream 2PM news update..."

https://twitter.com/hashtag/NicoleLovell?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw

There were some early reports that she would be charged with first degree murder, but most of them were corrected after the press conference. That station seems to be less careful with their reporting than the rest of msm. Either they are sensationalist or they have some source no one else has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's against WS rules to quote comments from articles and social media. Try another browser or incognito mode? Sometimes that helps.

OK thanks, I will try from a different computer.

That commenter RA seems like a conspiracy theorist, and I wouldn't really take anything he had to write seriously. He discusses DE and NK deserving to have the very best defense attorneys and specifies by name some very good Richmond based defense attorneys who have past away (referring that the defendants deserve attorneys of that caliber). He also thinks NK deserves to go home to her parents so they can get her all the proper care she needs. If you google his name, he comments on a lot of random things in the Richmond news. I don't think he has ANY connection to the case.

I have found articles on Richmond.com and Roanoke.com don't always work on my mobile devices, such as my iPhone or iPad. But if you pull it up on a desktop, like a mac, you can get the article and the comments.

^^ Thanks thepeppers and Elainera.

Very highly unlikely. My child lives in that dorm, one floor directly below his room.. There is activity 24/7. Someone would have seen that.
I have no experience with the dorm there, but I think it's close to impossible. For me, it's difficult to carry a sleeping child. I can't imagine them trying to discreetly carry a 130 pound body out of the dorm building. In my opinion, it didn't happen.

Indeed! Whoa! :jawdrop:
What was the comment, if you don't mind. I think I missed it! I'm confused. Time for coffee. [emoji6]

Edited again to add that the comment is RIDICULOUS! [emoji57]

My browser is not letting me pull up the comments for some reason. I know we can't post links, but is it possible someone could quote the comment here? I'm very interested to read it! Thanks in advance, if you are able to.
This is the article with comments that I am referencing:
http://www.richmond.com/sports/coll...11e5-8d83-13c55809ffbb.html#facebook-comments

The comment cannot be copied or posted here as it would violate TOS. It is simply someone's opinion. that LE should do the "right" thing and release NK to her parents so they can "help" her. Also makes mention of it being hard to see someone with all the advantages that DE has be brought so low in his freshman year.

After looking at the apartment layout, how were NL, Mother, GPA, aunt and uncle in that apartment? It sure was close quarters. Either mother and GPA shared a bedroom or one of them slept on the couch as we know NL had a room by herself.

The other siblings mentioned did not live there. Two brothers were older and on their own, another brother she mentioned on IG was her new step-moms son. If others were mentioned, don't know where they are, they don't live in the apt where NL did. Do not have links, it has been in the media numerous times.

Something that has been on my mind is why did NL barracade her bedroom door with a dresser? why not just lock the door?
Her mom checking in on her at night would draw suspicion right away. Was someone let into her room from the window and did that so she could not escape as she was kidnapped? Did she really leave willingly? Odd that no neighbors saw or heard anything. This is an apartment building correct? She lived on the first floor? Grandma, mom and 3 siblings lived together? 4 bedrooms? Do we have a blueprint of the apartment? 1st crime scene?

She probably didn't have a lock on her door.

Sadly, I think she "left on her own" and was probably really excited to spend time with DE. [emoji20] At 13, of course, it's still classified as an abduction.

I've wondered about the dresser as well. Did DE tell her how to do that or was it something she'd done before? Nonetheless, it's a classic kid move even when you aren't going to sneak out and meet someone.

I'm also curious about NL's home life. The dresser in front of the door could be something she did if a person she didn't like was in the house or over for a visit.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Didn't LE say the two of them ; DE & NK had been planning this since January 4th ?

Virginia Tech students David Eisenhauer and Natalie Keepers also allegedly planned how to dispose and conceal the body of seventh-grader Nicole Lovell over that late January meal at the Cook Out in Blacksburg, Virginia.

The pair, Pettitt said, went to the restaurant in the days before the girl's disappearance to talk about the plot to kill Nicole.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/us/virginia-tech-girl-killed-keepers-bail-denied/

Yes. Bouncing ideas of each other, doing dry runs, etc.

Do we know if LE has any confirmation of the above, other than NK's word?

If NK was catfishing NL and pretending to be DE, then anything is possible. I wonder if LE has evidence that it was DE having the inappropriate conversations with NL, or if NK could have been borrowing his phone or using his computer in his room. It's far-fetched, but everything about this case feels unbelievable to me.

In DE's mind, the meeting at Cook-Out could have been a tutoring lesson. Perhaps no discussion of NL even occurred, at that time. Purchasing a shovel, in DE's mind, could have been because of the snow. Cleaning supplies may have been purchased because NK needed to clean her dorm.

DE is probably the mastermind, but I haven't ruled out NK framing him, in my mind, yet.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2701754-Charging-documents-Natalie-Keepers.html

NK is charged with

initial charges

18.2-19 accessory after the fact
18.2-323.02 concealment of dead body

additional charge

18.2-18 accessory before the fact

DE is charged with

18.2-47 Abduction by Force, Deprive of Liberty
18.2-32 Murder: 1st Degree

If I remember right there were a couple of news agencies that initially reported that NK's charges were going to be upgrade to Murder in the 1st Degree but they ended up being altered from accessory after the fact to accessory before the fact. I think the Ramirez tweet showing image of charging doc was not accurate - in the tweet just before she got it right and reported accessory before the fact as the new charge. But the image she shows lists the penal code for murder in the 1st which is where I think the confusion comes into play.

Stephanie Ramirez ‏@RamirezReports Feb 2
Just got the new arrest warrant for 19yo Natalie Keepers. Says on or about Jan 4th to the 27th @wusa9 #NicoleLovell

Stephanie Ramirez ‏@RamirezReports Feb 2
Another charge announced against 19yo Natalie Keepers - Accessory BEFORE the fact. @wusa9 #NicoleLovell

https://twitter.com/RamirezReports

I would not be at all surprised to see that charge eventually added though.

Yes. I agree. I believe the full wording of the charge is accessory before the fact to willfully, deliberately, and with premeditation kill and murder Nicole Lovell in the 1st degree.
Adding the original accessory after the fact to that same charge makes it almost feel as serious and heavy as the charge of first degree murder.

The fact that NL had a room of her own in a crowded apartment says a lot about the care and love for her IMO. The fact that at her age she had a sanctuary and private personal space speaks volumes about personal respect and love for a young teen. So often those years are full of angst. They are just babies emerging from a chrysalis learning who they are, the concept of death and danger, love and compassion, right and wrong... They have a learned foundation, hopefully solid, but this is a time to practice and experience and make mistakes on their personal odessey. Personal space helps in that development as they negotiate the world of peers which are becoming the most important group to them as they transition away from parents. Sad that NL was snared in an evil and nasty web at the forefront.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2701754-Charging-documents-Natalie-Keepers.html

NK is charged with

initial charges

18.2-19 accessory after the fact
18.2-323.02 concealment of dead body

additional charge

18.2-18 accessory before the fact

DE is charged with

18.2-47 Abduction by Force, Deprive of Liberty
18.2-32 Murder: 1st Degree

If I remember right there were a couple of news agencies that initially reported that NK's charges were going to be upgrade to Murder in the 1st Degree but they ended up being altered from accessory after the fact to accessory before the fact. I think the Ramirez tweet showing image of charging doc was not accurate - in the tweet just before she got it right and reported accessory before the fact as the new charge. But the image she shows lists the penal code for murder in the 1st which is where I think the confusion comes into play.

RSBM

BBM That is definitely the source of confusion - as the court document image (by SR) shows simply "18.2-32/18.2-18"

Thank you!

I have read this from the beginning. Not every word. I cannot keep up with it all. But I just cannot believe the excuses I am seeing for the two adults. Not kids, Adults.

Frankly I don't care about GPAs, mono, concussions, mental illness and on and on that may or may not have affected these two people before. I know, and know of people who have mental illness and many other issues who would never hurt anyone. And who have had much worse life experiences than these two.

If these two are in fact guilty of these alleged crimes, crimes against a little girl, I consider them EVIL. I believe to do crimes such as these, it is in you to be able to do it regardless of whatever else went on in your life.

I can't speak for anyone else, but to me there is a distinction between examining the factors that may have led to NL's murder and making excuses. I don't see anyone making excuses for DE's or NK's behavior. Personally, as someone who struggles with a particularly unglamorous mental illness, I am constantly curious about why people are the way that they are, why they do the things that they do, and what kind of intervention can be done to prevent people from committing senseless crimes like this. I want to understand, but understanding doesn't mean excusing or even forgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne