VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, maybe the grandfather and uncle bunked in one bedroom, the mother and younger brother in another bedroom and Nicole was allowed to have a room to herself. With all Nicole had endured, I'm sure her family did everything they could to accommodate her.

Was it referenced somewhere that this was a three bedroom?
I only saw mention of her living with her mom and grandfather.

I think that they were both targeting minors, for their own twisted reasons...JMO

There's something about DE's claim that he gave NL a side hug that makes me believe he wasn't invested in the pursuit of any minors. My intuition is telling me that his entire participation was nothing more than a favor he was doing for NK. That does nothing to excuse DE from the crime of murder, but unless I see more evidence, I do not believe DE is a sexual predator of children.

Do we know if DE ever had a girlfriend (or boyfriend) in high school? He seemed to be close to a friend on his track team. We also know he was close to NK.

8 weeks Eisenhaur won't be in court until March 28th? That little tidbit he gave LE about the "side hug" I don't understand. He gave Nicole a "side hug" and that means he could not have killed her??

In my mind, the side hug doesn't mean that DE could not have killed NL, but it does make it seem like he was keeping her at a distance, almost as though he viewed her with disdain.

I do not believe NL is someone to whom DE was attracted. He was not preying on her for that reason. His decision to lure NL from her home has the appearance of a favor he was doing for NK.

DE seems so disinterested and uninvolved in the whole pursuit, in the whole affair.

I can believe he gave her a side hug. We now know that DE was just luring NL to kill her. He was not interested in her, so why give her a real hug?

Based on what we have seen and heard, I do not perceive DE's interest in the kill either, but it could still be there, hidden.

In that news video last year, DE implied he was passionate about excellence. He said he wants to be the best runner he can be. But his tone did not seem passionate to me. His persona seems void of emotion.

I wonder what drew DE to NK, beyond their tutoring arrangement. Did she cling to him, and he merely tolerated it? Did he enjoy her company and seek out her companionship? Did DE see NK as someone he could control? Or vice versa?

I wish DE would talk. I'm curious as to his version of events.

What favor could DE be possibly doing for NK? NK didn't meet the victim until the night victim was killed. I don't see any reason for DE to be doing favors for NK.

Reportedly, no one checked on Nicole after 7pm that night. She did not climb out of her window 'til sometime after midnight. I don't know who or how many people lived there, but 5 hours plus is a pretty long time to not know what your 13year old child is doing. JMO....especially considering that she had serious medical issues.

I am now wondering where you seen that? I had seen that Nicole took her meds and her mother told her to go to bed it was midnight and She kissed her mother and went to bed. Where has it been said no one checked on her after 7? Just wondering...thanks

The snow was not as severe in Blacksburg as other places in the state. I know the town buses had some limited runs and hours, but the area is used to larger amounts of snow. I'm not currently in BBurg, but it's my understanding that there wasn't even much interruption to class schedules.

When I was at Tech, it took a lot of snow, or, more likely, severe icing, to cancel classes or interrupt buses. I still get emails from the town and college, so can try to go back and look at the closures, etc.

edit: I just looked. Campus was closed and the buses didn't run on the 22nd and the 23rd. It was business as usual after that. When I was there, not being able to drive was never an excuse for missing a lab or exam. Everybody has bus access, so you are expected to take the bus if need be. Not like here, where I was off work for 7 straight school days!

Right, it would in the past take a huge storm to close campus. It was unheard of. Now that there is a new president he closed it where the old one wouldn't have.

I find Nicole's school's snow schedule interesting because it gave her so much more free time to communicate with "David" than if she had been in school.

I am not sure she was going regular as her mother told that she would cry to stay home because the kids at school were bullying her. She told that she quit sending her. Mom said this in one of her interviews

I am not sure she was going regular as her mother told that she would cry to stay home because the kids at school were bullying her. She told that she quit sending her. Mom said this in one of her interviews

That child had a lot of free time to spend on the internet (unfortunately). Doesn't sound like her mother had any idea what her daughter was up to.

It really doesn't make a difference as to what piece of furniture it was that she used to block the door.

Well if it was a night table it was lighter than a dresser. I think that is the point that was being made.

I have lurked on WS for many years and just recently registered. I love seeing everyone's view points and opinions and such, but I have to say that the above is pretty offensive. This one person you knew may be odd, but many who self harm are in immense pain and do so as a coping mechanism. I'm sorry she scared you, but this post seems out of touch with most people who self harm.

That said, NK is a monster. I hate using that term because I think it allows us to ignore the very real causes and therefore prevention, but what she has done here is cold and beyond incomprehensible. She may very well have been in immense pain at some point and self harmed because of that, but I don't believe that has anything to do with her actions here. She is a sickening individual, truly, but I would go out on a limb to say that most people who self harm, a younger version of myself included, are not. Wanted to put that out there.

BEFORE it was, someone posted on the 2nd thread I think; she just turned 19 in January and he will be in Feb. on the 28th as well.

Does anyone know which day in January, NK had turned 19? :thinking:

She just celebrated her 19th birthday on January 18

Oops sorry all, this was in response to #47 from TeaTime. Still learning here. :)

Well if it was a night table it was lighter than a dresser. I think that is the point that was being made.

As far as I can tell, nobody described it as a night table.

This little girl, NL, had too much free time on her hands. With her mother allowing her to skip school because she was being bullied, that gave her all day with nothing to do. Just assuming here that mother worked, and the aunt and uncle worked at least part time. Grand father is probably retired.

Since she was allowed to spend so many hours in her room in the evening unattended, I would imagine the daytime was the same.

I may be the odd one out, however, at 13 a child needs parental supervision and not allowed to be off in a closed room by themselves. To me, that is asking for trouble!

What favor could DE be possibly doing for NK? NK didn't meet the victim until the night victim was killed. I don't see any reason for DE to be doing favors for NK.

We do not know if either DE or NK met NL, until the night she was killed.

NK said she was "excited to be part of something secretive and special."

Whereas, DE has said, "I believe the truth can set me free."

Taken at face value, NK has admitted to wanting to commit murder. DE has not. It's possible DE lured NL out of her home, as a favor to NK, so she could have her excitement.

It's possible DE had no idea what NK planned to do to NL (not likely, but possible). NK could have spun any tale, to make DE do her bidding.

So far, we only have NK's version of what happened in the weeks proceeding NL's murder. I'm curious what DE might say took place during those weeks.

DE does not seem all that interested in NL, either before or after the murder, at least not in the way that NK seems interested in her. But who knows? Perhaps DE was obsessed with NL.

I'm just not seeing it yet.

NK said she was "excited to be part of something secretive and special."

Whereas, DE has said, "I believe the truth can set me free."

Taken at face value, NK has admitted to wanting to commit murder. DE has not. It's possible DE lured NL out of her home, as a favor to NK, so she could have her excitement.

It's possible DE had no idea what NK planned to do to NL (not likely, but possible). NK could have spun any tale, to make DE do her bidding.

So far, we only have NK's version of what happened in the weeks proceeding NL's murder. I'm curious what DE might say took place during those weeks.

DE does not seem all that interested in NL, either before or after the murder, at least not in the way that NK seems interested in her. But who knows? Perhaps DE was obsessed with NL.

I'm just not seeing it yet.

NK hasn't met the victim until the night of the murder. As such, I don't see why NK would be interested in the victim.
And what normal person is going to lure a 13 year old to someone (for whatever reason) so that someone can have their excitement?

NK hasn't met the victim until the night of the murder. As such, I don't see why NK would be interested in the victim.
And what normal person is going to lure a 13 year old to someone (for whatever reason) so that someone can have their excitement?

I will be surprised if either DE or NK met NL, before the night of the murder.

There's nothing typical or expected by what either DE or NK have done, so I do not believe either one of them could be classified as normal.

In an earlier post, I theorized that NK may have been interested in NL, because she reminded her of her younger sister. I speculated that NK may have been jealous of her younger sister, based on their father's statement in court and on a friend's statement in the media.

If DE participated in the murder, he lacks empathy. As a heartless person, he may have coldly lured NL out of her home, so NK could have her excitement.

If DE did not participate in the murder, it is possible that NK convinced DE to lure NL from her home under false pretenses. I'm not sure what would motivate DE to do so. Perhaps NK blackmailed him. Perhaps DE thought it involved a drug deal.

Or perhaps DE is a pedophile and NK agreed to help him get rid of NL, because he perceived NL to be a threat. To me, NL did not seem like much of a threat to DE, so I am unsure why he would feel that murder was his best solution. Perhaps DE was excited to plan this murder, too. Maybe it was a thrill killing.

I guess I am looking for other theories, because I have such a difficult time accepting that two Virginia Tech engineering students would join together during their freshman year to murder a child for a thrill. That's unfathomable to me.

I have lurked on WS for many years and just recently registered. I love seeing everyone's view points and opinions and such, but I have to say that the above is pretty offensive. This one person you knew may be odd, but many who self harm are in immense pain and do so as a coping mechanism. I'm sorry she scared you, but this post seems out of touch with most people who self harm.

That said, NK is a monster. I hate using that term because I think it allows us to ignore the very real causes and therefore prevention, but what she has done here is cold and beyond incomprehensible. She may very well have been in immense pain at some point and self harmed because of that, but I don't believe that has anything to do with her actions here. She is a sickening individual, truly, but I would go out on a limb to say that most people who self harm, a younger version of myself included, are not. Wanted to put that out there.

<modsnip>

I am glad that part of your life is behind you and hope you have healed whatever was broken inside. NK was a cutter and she hasn't healed her broken bits, obviously. She decided to cut someone else - to death.

I get that there was something in my neighbor's life that was painful, for Pete's sake and I never implied that she hurt anyone but herself. I was, however, very concerned about her little boy (an infant) when I saw what she was doing to herself. Who wouldn't be? Seeing what NK is capable of doing, I am glad I befriended this young woman and her baby and you can bet I kept an eye on him - like a hawk.

I dare say that MOST people who see someone with fresh cuts and burns, scabs and scars on their arms, legs, tummy and back then finds out that the person did it to themselves, intentionally, and watch them smile as they tell the story, would be scared of them, for them, and worried about what else they may be capable of doing - especially to a helpless infant. Why? Because that person is mentally unstable.

Everyone experiences pain, very few slice themselves with razors to fix it. It is outside of what is considered a normal reaction to pain. I refuse to feel bad that you find it offensive that I was so 'out of touch' as to think she just might harm her baby. It wasn't out of the realm of possibilities and we have proof here in this case that cutters/burners/self-harmers can be dangerous to others.

NK is a whack job and has been for a while. Normal people don't just wake up one day and decide to murder someone for fun and then set about planning the grisly details for a few weeks until the time is just right. Her days of cutting was a huge red flag that she was not well mentally and needed psychiatric care. Her latest escapade proves she needed more than she got.

Just wanted to put that out there.

I really believe it was a 'thrill' killing. And I think NK was fully involved and very into it herself. She was not just 'helping a friend', in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni