SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
\

I think many of us are like that Zuri. We are our small group that we're comfortable with. How's life going? Is the cold weather giving you fits?

I saw Bernina made a pit stop to let us know she's doing good.

And I am a Tatu, a third child.

Zuri, if you gave us an English tea party how would you set the the table, and what would you serve? Would the invitation says hats are required?

Pages, you always make me smile! English tea party? It would be at a hotel where we could be serrrrvvvvvveeedddd dahling. The High Tea bridal shower for KCL was pretty darn perfect in my eyes. That was held at the Biltmore in Phoenix. The flowers were what made it IMO and of course the bride :)

ETA: Menu would include tea sandwiches and small confitures. Varieties of English tea served using good China. At the Biltmore, they had Herend china which I loved. I printed the invites on fancy invitations, but didn't include anything about hats. KCL wore a cute hat her grandmother had had. I only have a riding helmet, so no hat for me lol. The table was set beautifully there and if I had a tea at my home, I would try and copy what they did!

Drove to the dentist and the fog was like something in an Steven King's novel!! Creepy... When I got out of the dentist office it was SNOWING the biggest flakes EVER! Just crazy weather going on around here.

Ryan is out of ICU, he is breathing on his own, but still in a coma and it not induced. Meeting with Dr. tomorrow, will know more then.

Zuri ~ What are some of the reasons he could still be in a coma from this? Brian damage? But, if brain damage, he could not breathe on his own??

Is Ryan still intubated? Or extubated? Is his coma related to his diabetes? IIRC, his glucose was 900 and I don't remember what his alcohol level was? Have they done an EEG or any other neuro tests? Does he have "dolls eyes"?

To answer your question, yes to brain damage and still breathe on his own. It just depends on what part of his brain is injured. Brain stem is responsible for respirations, which is an autonomic reflex.

I am so sorry for you and your family. Xo

ETA: http://www.deathtodiabetes.com/Coma.html
I apologize for the source title. It just had the best info.

Is anyone else watching the Westminster Dog Show? Vegas has odds of 4:1 the German Shepherd will win. They are all such beautiful dogs! This is very similar to Hunter Breeding Shows for horses. I just figured this out lol.

Is anyone else watching the Westminster Dog Show? Vegas has odds of 4:1 the German Shepherd will win. They are all such beautiful dogs! This is very similar to Hunter Breeding Shows for horses. I just figured this out lol.

I watched it it is one of my favorite annual shows to watch! I was voting for the German Shepherd

I watched it it is one of my favorite annual shows to watch! I was voting for the German Shepherd

I was getting ready to clap when I heard German Shhh and then orthaired Spaniel. I had my GSDs all excited and barking too!

Yesterday I started my Kindle version of Juan's book, but didn't get too far. Having a bit of an issue with sinus headache and vision. I peeked at the book thread, but they give too much away for me right now, From what I have read, I am enjoying Juan's style of writing. Worth the money.

I posted this last night, but it got moved to the book forum. Good sound bite interviews with Jenny McCarthy and Juan (two of them) https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmente...n=siriusxmentertainment/sets/dirty-sexy-funny

Zuri ~ I'm sure they told us his blood alcohol level, I can't recall what his was. No, no life support. He has a feeding tube, a port for meds, oxygen, that's about it. I have read many articles online about this and I have made a list of questions to ask. I know I'm asking about the Glasgow Coma Scale and what his is. Today is his birthday :(

I'm scared and angry, I dread going today!

I was getting ready to clap when I heard German Shhh and then orthaired Spaniel. I had my GSDs all excited and barking too!

The German Shorthair Pointer in the link below won. I am not sure if it is one of the different spaniel breeds. You probably heard the "Shhhhh" in Shorthair. :) I know there does exist different spaniels like Springer Spaniel , Brittany Spaniel and others but just not sure if the German Shorthair Pointer is considered a spaniel or not.

The winner is beautiful dog. Just gorgeous and trained well. Very obedient. One thing I learned about dogs is certain breeds that are active breeds do not necessarily make a good house dog unless you are willing to give them lots and lots of running and exercise. We became very careful in learning a dogs traits before we got our lap dog Yorkie. LOL We wanted one that could sit at home by himself if needed at times and we didn't want one that needed tons of running because we dont have a fenced in yard to be able to let a dog out by himself to run.

I think the dog shows are doing much better to inform the public of this during the show because so many people used to go out and buy a breed that won a pet show and they didn't realize certain breeds need lots of running and exercise.

I love watching dog shows in general. There is another one around Christmas time I love to watch at MSG in NYC. Not sure the name of it. Link below is for the one the other day with the german shorthair. If you click on the top picture the 2nd picture of him is just wonderful and many good pics of others.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/17/s...w-dog-cj-german-shorthaired-pointer.html?_r=0

Thanks Hatfield! I meant Pointer, not Spaniel. It was late and my brain goes downhill with the sun, commonly known as Sundowners. The demented get more demented...

One thing I learned about some hunting dogs like the German Shorthair is the reason they made a good hunting dog is the hair on the dog was short to keep from being tangled in the brush as they would go through brush looking for birds like Pheasants or quail.

Some of the hunting dog field trials are amazing to watch where they compete in the field in hunting simulation situations. I love to see a pointer on point. It is just amazing as they lock on and stand perfectly still. Its incredible how still they can stand and nothing will make them flinch. Not a gunshot or anything else like people walking up behind them. One of the most amazing things to see.

https://www.google.com/search?q=poi...hUKEwj35uSw-f7KAhVIOSYKHdZoAQoQsAQIGw&dpr=1.5

Zuri ~ I'm sure they told us his blood alcohol level, I can't recall what his was. No, no life support. He has a feeding tube, a port for meds, oxygen, that's about it. I have read many articles online about this and I have made a list of questions to ask. I know I'm asking about the Glasgow Coma Scale and what his is. Today is his birthday :(

Oh CJ, please know we are thinking of you. If you read this, ask about EEG and CT/brain scan results. I had listed some other questions in a previous post. It can take days to weeks for a patient to recover.

I so hope that Ryan will wake up and be ok. If he has any purposeful movement, that is a good sign. The neurologists should be able to explain to you what is going on in depth. Bless you and yours. Xo

ETA: We use the GCS in the ER on every patient to assess their cognitive level, especially after trauma. Please don't be discouraged if his number is low...

Keeping you and him in my prayers.

coffeeJ, I wish you could be celebrating Ryan's birthday with at least some good news about his prognosis today. My hugs still come for you daily.

Hatfield, I think your description of a dog on-point describes my little rat terrier, too. When she is focused on a critter in the yard, nothing will deter her and she stands very still waiting her opportunity to pounce.

Question for my side bar friends.

In situations where a friend has a family member that has committed suicide I have given them "the grief hand book" and the book "my son my son".

My good friend's son has just unsuccessfully tried to commit suicide with alcohol and pills. He has just come out of his coma today after 2 days. Does anyone have any supportive book book to recommend to give to them to read? they are avid readers.

He is 40 years old, lives 14 hours away from them, is depressed about a recent divorce and has two children.

BBM Have a good cry Coffee :therethere:..and don't give up hope. There's always a chance that everything will be OK. Miracles can happen, my dear; I really believe that.

I know your life has been thrown into chaos - a roller coaster of anxiety and you have no choice but to live day-to-day right now. Try to stay present -- don't get ahead of yourself and overthink ( as I think you will get emotionally exhausted). Try to maintain a sense of balance and focus only on the moment in hand.

I know you are angry about what has happened to your son (and at your son). I think you should try to accept what has happened to him and just go on from there. You are stressed about your thoughts and feelings and I'm sure they have changed at different stages of your son's situation . You have experienced many intense emotions all within a relatively short time span. It's been a hard month for you and your family. :(

I am so sorry this is happening to you and your family. I cannot assume how you feel or what you are going thru; all I can say is, you are all in my prayers. I don't know what is going to happen to your son or if everything is going to be OK, but I think of you and your son and the vulnerability of the whole situation often throughout my day ; I can only hope for the best for him.

Remember Coffee- Thy will be done :blowkiss:
-------------------

ETA: I'm sorry, but I had to look this up: :sheesh:

Glasgow Coma Scale

"The Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS) is a neurological scale which aims to give a reliable and objective way of recording the conscious state of a person for initial as well as subsequent assessment. A patient is assessed against the criteria of the scale, and the resulting points give a patient score between 3 (indicating deep unconsciousness) and either 14 (original scale) or 15 (the more widely used modified or revised scale)..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Coma_Scale

Glasgow_Coma_Scale_Chart.gif

Link: http://www.nremtacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Glasgow_Coma_Scale_Chart.gif

Very nice post, Y/N. It was even helpful for me.

Question for my side bar friends.

In situations where a friend has a family member that has committed suicide I have given them "the grief hand book" and the book "my son my son".

My good friend's son has just unsuccessfully tried to commit suicide with alcohol and pills. He has just come out of his coma today after 2 days. Does anyone have any supportive book book to recommend to give to them to read? they are avid readers.

He is 40 years old, lives 14 hours away from them, is depressed about a recent divorce and has two children.

I am sorry I cannot give you any suggestions for the current situation. I will offer up prayers for all of them.

133775765_goodmorning_2_xlarge.jpeg

Link: http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002637839/133775765_goodmorning_2_xlarge.jpeg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My son came home last night with a terrible nose bleed (don't know how he was able to drive home :scared: ).
He woke up to a nose bleed, but I finally got it under control (thank goodness). He decided not to go to work and is back in bed right now.
I hope it doesn't happen again. :crossfingers:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video clip: Jodi Arias prosecutor talks new book 'Conviction'

Feb. 16, 2016 - 3:01 - Juan Martinez shares the inside story of putting the murderess behind bars

http://video.foxnews.com/v/47579956...ction/?playlist_id=930909787001#sp=show-clips
----------------------------------

Troy HaydenVerified account ‏@troyhaydenfox10 3h3 hours ago
"She's here because of something she did, not something I did." Juan Martinez at Perryville. Story tonite [2/16] #JodiArias

CbWPumVVIAAog7h.jpg

Troy HaydenVerified account ‏@troyhaydenfox10 2h2 hours ago
"I'm not sure I scrambled anything..." Juan Martinez on #JodiArias' "scrambled brain" on stand. Story at 9 and 10p [2/16]

CbWYKlSUMAEjIHl.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In new book, Jodi Arias prosecutor details strategy used to put her behind bars for life (with clip)

FOX 10's Troy Hayden reports with JM ( Part of interview with JM and more to come)

"...I conducted the interview out at Perryville Prison, where Arias is locked up. It's the first time Martinez had been there since the trial. He told me about entering the crime scene, when Travis Alexander's body was still in the shower and even then hearing the name Jodi Arias."

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/92834063-story
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just in case you missed NG and JM:

Jodi Arias Prosecutor Juan Martinez Interview with Nancy Grace (full)

"Nancy Grace interviews Jodi Arias prosecutor Juan Martinez. The interview was aired Feb 15, 2016. This was a day before Martinez’s book was released: Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars."

[video=youtube;qfeBctVYC3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=qfeBctVYC3I&app=desktop[/video]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen to the SiriusXM Podcast/Soundcloud with Jenny McCarthy/JM

Juan Martinez: The turning point in the Jodi Arias case

"Juan Martinez, author of "Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars," tells Jenny McCarthy that he knew when the momentum in the case switched to the prosecution and that Jodi Arias is a constant manipulator and she won't let the case go."

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmente...n=siriusxmentertainment/sets/dirty-sexy-funny
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CbYIpAsUYAASE0V.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbYIpAsUYAASE0V.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti