Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samspace..sorry for not quoting your whole last post- it's difficult to winnow down on this wee phone.

This part, which you're saying JM was saying: She wanted him, he didn't want her, if she couldn't have him, no one was going to have him.

I've been trying to figure out for months why that didn't sound quite right. Just understood why from your post. Might be a subtle difference in words, but for me it isn't the words.

IMO this is more accurate: She wanted him to marry her, he didn't want to marry her, since he wasn't going to chose her, she was going to make sure he couldn't choose anyone else either.

It wasn't about anyone else being able to have him, it was about him not being able to have anyone else.

Same thing with Cancun. It wasn't about his taking Mimi or some other specific woman. It was about him not taking her. If he didn't take her, she was going to make sure he didn't get to go either.

IMO that is why she murdered him before the trip.

Also regarding Cancun...there are 3 of the 1,000 Places to See Before You Die on the Yucatan peninsula. No way she could tolerate Travis rejecting her then enjoying those sites with someone else.

Also regarding Cancun...there are 3 of the 1,000 Places to See Before You Die on the Yucatan peninsula. No way she could tolerate Travis rejecting her then enjoying those sites with someone else.

Agreed. She thought it was "their thing" - to quote her in a call with Flores, "And we thought, you know, one thousand places is a lot of places, but why not?"

The door was closed until after the 5:29:20 pic(the second last one of him alive in the shower), you can see the water on the shower door up until then when enlarging/enhancing the photos. At 5:30:30 however, the door is now open and all hell breaks loose between then and the ceiling shot at 5:31:14.
View attachment 89440 View attachment 89441
Thank you for the shower/foot/drag collage.

Sadly I now think Travis suffered longer than assumed. I think he is still alive at 5:32:16 (Foot picture). I can't think of any reason why his head is up other than he was still alive. His neck wound wasn't deep enough to immobilize him yet when that picture was taken.

Dr Horn testified that he wasn't sure if the neck slit resulted from one clean slice or many sawing motions.

I think it was many sawing motion, one shallow slice done at the tile/carpet area, and more fatal ones after dragging him closer to the bathroom area when TA wasn't dying fast enough.

Here's something new (to me) that I found:

Page 38, "About a week into the investigation, Flores called my office with some curious news. Arias had traveled more than one thousand miles - fifteen hours on the road - from Northern California to Mesa on June 17 to provide biological swabs for use in DNA testing and to provide fingerprints samples."

I thought she flew to Travis' memorial service which was on June 16th, so is this driving info an error? Or is he saying she took three separate trips (murder, swabs, service) to Mesa in June?

Maybe she lied to Flores about how and why she was going to Mesa?

She did fly, RT, Sacramento to Mesa, which JM writes about on pg 128-129 in context of her strange behavior after the memorial service.

Not sure how she travelled from Sacramento to her half sister's house and then to Yreka, but imagine it had to be by car. Hers wasn't repossessed.....er, she didn't give her car back to the bank until July.

Here's something new (to me) that I found:

Page 38, "About a week into the investigation, Flores called my office with some curious news. Arias had traveled more than one thousand miles - fifteen hours on the road - from Northern California to Mesa on June 17 to provide biological swabs for use in DNA testing and to provide fingerprints samples."

I thought she flew to Travis' memorial service which was on June 16th, so is this driving info an error? Or is he saying she took three separate trips (murder, swabs, service) to Mesa in June?

That's quite a bit more than a week into the investigation. Could he have just got the date wrong? The swabs were covered in a JA phone call to Flores. Was the 16th memorial service in Riverside or Mesa? And...didn't she get the phone number of some guy on the flight back from Phoenix?

She did fly, RT, Sacramento to Mesa, which JM writes about on pg 128-129 in context of her strange behavior after the memorial service.

Not sure how she travelled from Sacramento to her half sister's house and then to Yreka, but imagine it had to be by car. Hers wasn't repossessed.....er, she didn't give her car back to the bank until July.

1000 miles would be just one way?

That's quite a bit more than a week into the investigation. Could he have just got the date wrong? The swabs were covered in a JA phone call to Flores. Was the 16th memorial service in Riverside or Mesa? And...didn't she get the phone number of some guy on the flight back from Phoenix?

The 17th would be exactly one week into the investigation as Travis was found on June 10th. She went to the memorial in Mesa on the 16th then "proudly wore" a BYU shirt given to her by Travis to the Mesa PD the following day to give her prints and DNA swabs. Hope is saying maybe she indicated to Flores she was driving. But she actually flew. Martinez recounts the getting some random guys phone number on the flight back story in the book

The 17th would be exactly one week into the investigation as Travis was found on June 10th. She went to the memorial in Mesa on the 16th then "proudly wore" a BYU shirt given to her by Travis to the Mesa PD the following day to give her prints and DNA swabs. Hope is saying maybe she indicated to Flores she was driving. But she actually flew. Martinez recounts the getting some random guys phone number on the flight back story in the book

You have it exactly right. I posed the question for JM in the other thread, so hopefully it will be addressed or, at least corrected in a second printing.

JM is human after all. Or his editor messed up.

From the Flores investigation report: JA called Flores on the 16th telling him she was in town for the memorial and wanted to make herself available.

She went in with others on the 17th to do the DNA stuff. (And what an interesting time in a waiting room that would have been.

Michelle was there at the same time- who had believed since April that JA was a psycho stalker, as was Mimi. Mimi the One and Mimi who thought JA was a stalker too and who was frightened by her.

Anyway, the others agreed to come back the next day for followup interviews. Only the killer said no, that she wanted to consult with an atty. Maybe she was starting to get the message that yep, the word is out about you.

She then flew back to Sacramento, bought bikinis, sexted or whatever with the dude she picked up on the flight back.

On June 21 she called Flores to say she regretted telling him she needed to speak to an atty, that she might be driving out that way in a few weeks and could talk to him then, or sooner by phone if he wanted.

He interviewed by phone on June 25.

From the Flores investigation report: JA called Flores telling him she was in town for the memorial and wanted to make herself available.

She went in with others- including Michelle, to do the DNA stuff. All the others agreed to come back the next day for followup interviews. Only the killer said no, that she wanted to consult with an atty.

She flew back to Sacramento, bought bikinis, sexted or whatever with the dude she picked up on the flight back.

On June 21 she called Flores to say she regretted telling him she needed to speak to an atty, that she might be driving out that way in a few weeks and could talk to him then, or sooner by phone if he wanted.

Big kudos to you, Hope. You have done a tremendous job capturing all the little bits and pieces in all of these WS threads. I rarely post and I can't give "thanks" but you have not gone unnoticed. Thank you so much for taking the time to type everything you find on that poor, little phone. I really don't know how you do it.
(I haven't finished the book yet and I also have Nurmi's sitting here to read as well.)

Regarding Jodi's shoes.....

A poster upthread has provided a screen shot of the shoes Jodi was in when she was interrogated by EF. They are black shoes, look to be high tops.

I think those are not just any pair of shoes, but THE pair of shoes used in the murder. I wonder if LE checked them for TA's blood? Blood would definitely have soaked through the socks she wore over them and would absolutely have wicked into the fabric of the shoes.

I wonder why the socks over the shoes (i.e. in the photo) weren't in evidence for premeditation? Socks don't go over shoes unless you're planning something in advance, and it's likely to be nefarious unless you're dusting the floor.

Which reminds me.....if Jodi had socks over her shoes—as seems obvious—she must have been sliding all over the place on those tiles.

Also, sort of on the topic....At the EF interrogation. I've always considered it bizarre that Jodi was so well dressed, so early in the morning, and with a plan to go camping. Those pants are so lovely and white... At 6 am or whatever it was for the arrest? Who does that? LE knocks on the grandparents' front door to elicit her help over the gun theft, and she comes to the door in spiffy white pants and matching tee? This is not exactly a beach cabaña or a tennis date!

There were lots of black socks in the washing machine...
TAsockevidence.jpg

As for shoes, maybe these were a gift to her lil sis to replace some old disposable ones? I wonder what size she takes?
AngelaTrialShoes.jpg

From the Flores investigation report: JA called Flores on the 16th telling him she was in town for the memorial and wanted to make herself available.

She went in with others on the 17th to do the DNA stuff. (And what an interesting time in a waiting room that would have been.

Michelle was there at the same time- who had believed since April that JA was a psycho stalker, as was Mimi. Mimi the One and Mimi who thought JA was a stalker too and who was frightened by her.

Anyway, the others agreed to come back the next day for followup interviews. Only the killer said no, that she wanted to consult with an atty. Maybe she was starting to get the message that yep, the word is out about you.

She then flew back to Sacramento, bought bikinis, sexted or whatever with the dude she picked up on the flight back.

Thanks for the clarification, I don't suppose you've been able to dig up any pics of JA from the memorial visit or better yet, her visit to RB on June 5th? Just occurred to me again while watching some of the first official interview with Det.F(the one where she came in in cuffs), JA's hair was much too short to have those long braids, imo. Btw, April 6, 2008, depending on the way someone enters the date on their camera(I still struggle trying to figure out dated grocery items...), could easily read as 06/04/2008 or 04/06/2008.

Warning: Murderess' face ahead!!

HairLength.jpg

I would think a Sanyo is a Sanyo and a Sony is a Sony, but what do I know? That sort of oversight is something I would think even Juan should have caught during the proofing process with the printing company -- especially if the name of the camera is used several times throughout the book.

But since the trial began back in 2013, here's something I don't remember anyone ever mentioning before regarding the use of the digital camera; anyone who has ever used a digital camera will tell you that you must first press (and hold) the shutter button halfway down to focus, then wait for the focus confirmation (usually a green light somewhere on the back of the camera), and then (with your finger still pressed halfway down on the button) press the shutter button completely down to take the photo.

So how were any of the three (or more) "accidental" photos taken? Considering the shutter button on digital cameras are pretty much flush with the body of the camera, just the act of dropping the camera on the tile floor wouldn't allow for the shutter button to move halfway down to the focus setting (nor allow for the time needed for focus confirmation), nor allow being pressed down completely to take a pic. And pressing the shutter button all the way down completely with your finger in one step (essentially bypassing the focus position) does nothing at all. I can't see how a tile bathroom floor can accidentally take pics with just one-click when your finger can't even do it.

Any Sleuthers have any thoughts or personal experience with this?

Maybe TA held the camera is his hands and was clicking as getting attacked?

If her foot is in a sock or shoe, where is her ankle/upper foot?

View attachment 89366

I am not seeing socks over shoes personally, I think she just has some blocky arse feet.
My son has very "boxy" feet, we used to call them Fred Flintstones. It would not surprise me that big extremity Jodi has similar.

However, has anyone considered that she might be wearing slipper socks?
Sometimes they have a light sole attached.
It would make sense if planning a murder in a slippery location to want to wear something with grip, and she loved to shop so why not pick up some practical accessories?
Just a thought...

Maybe like these?-

fw018-slipper-socks-lrg-chocolate_900_900_s_wm.jpg

Thanks for the clarification, I don't suppose you've been able to dig up any pics of JA from the memorial visit or better yet, her visit to RB on June 5th? Just occurred to me again while watching some of the first official interview with Det.F(the one where she came in in cuffs), JA's hair was much too short to have those long braids, imo. Btw, April 6, 2008, depending on the way someone enters the date on their camera(I still struggle trying to figure out dated grocery items...), could easily read as 06/04/2008 or 04/06/2008.

Warning: Murderess' face ahead!!

View attachment 89465

I've never seen any photos of her at the memorial and have difficulty believing any exist. Who would have taken one? Everyone but Dan F was shocked, appalled, disgusted, furious, or sickened by her being there.

I think she'd have loved nothing more than to take selfies with Mimi and Deanna....but nah.

I'm equally sure she took selfies at RB's with and without him in the shot, but I've never seen any.

But.....how about her selfie from June 3? The one of her in the car with newly dyed brown hair she took to memorialize that anticipation she was feeling about murdering him?

I've never seen any photos of her at the memorial and have difficulty believing any exist. Who would have taken one? Everyone but Dan F was shocked, appalled, disgusted, furious, or sickened by her being there.

I think she'd have loved nothing more than to take selfies with Mimi and Deanna....but nah.

I'm equally sure she took selfies at RB's with and without him in the shot, but I've never seen any.

But.....how about her selfie from June 3? The one of her in the car with newly dyed brown hair she took to memorialize that anticipation she was feeling about murdering him?

BBM Her eyes look so dead and soul-less in that selfie.

Wasn't it said that she had stayed with the Freeman's that week? I seem to recall her lamenting about being there on her brother's birthday... I'll try to find it.

12715323_820034128142993_6538839557651291789_n.jpg fw018-slipper-socks-lrg-chocolate_900_900_s_wm.jpg

Comparison?

Attachments

• 12705658_1666831896914806_3685936234894587390_n.jpg
    12705658_1666831896914806_3685936234894587390_n.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors