Found Deceased MA - Zachary Marr, 22, Boston, 13 Feb 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
could someone he befriended in bar hook him up with someone who the dealer trusted?

Yeah, I guess. I pictured the night as more Zachary hanging out with his cousins and not socializing as much with strangers, but sure, that is a possible scenario.

I hate to sound naïve, but will a drug dealer likely do business to a stranger, whom he has not past connection with?

If you are talking gambling circles, generally they don't do business with total strangers. You kind of need some kind of connection, or they don't trust you. That is why I discounted the bad drug deal angle. I do not think Zach would have had any connections, in an unfamiliar area. I might be completely off base, as I don't know the drug culture.

From my experience, talking with someone for a few minutes will give you an idea if they use drugs or they are open to drug use. When I used to get high, there were many nights in bars, when a conversation over a beer would lead to smoking a joint in an alleyway or snorting a line in a bathroom. All of this transpiring with someone I had never met or known 15 minutes earlier.

There are certain words, phrases, or mannerisms that are subtle, yet reliable indicators.

Most people selling drugs in a bar or area like that are just trying to avoid undercover cops. They wouldn't be too picky about clientele. They're probably not approaching people and asking if they want to buy drugs as the first question. They will slip it into the conversation that they have something to offer if you seem receptive to it. I never had any success asking people for drugs, they always approached me first.

Also, drug deal gone bad is highly unlikely. The only times you really have to be worried about getting robbed/injured is when you're dealing with large amounts or very shady characters on their home turf. From the looks of that bar/area, I don't see robbery happening during a drug deal.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The weather's been gorgeous and unseasonably warm here in Boston this weekend. Lots of folks are out enjoying the reprieve from winter. Hopefully the increased foot traffic will help the hunt for our boy Zach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did LE check any of the parked cars that have been around for a long time (if any?)

The weather's been gorgeous and unseasonably warm here in Boston this weekend. Lots of folks are out enjoying the reprieve from winter. Hopefully the increased foot traffic will help the hunt for our boy Zach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thats actually are very signifigant observation, never occurred to me, but certainly it had to impact the number of"eyes" on the city-especially if it was suicide or foul play (body elsewhere?)

I.E a flat out murder, or sucumbing to temp.

In tehe week before the disappearence , know temp instnese , was the snowfall major - thinking could like thawing out reveal a body - was it that kind of snowfall.

Would dumpsters not be able to be emptied cause everything in them was frozen and would not fall out into the truck?

For the whole week , what % of decrease did you noticein activity?

Were many businesses closed? I followed the artic thing but I thought that had passed for some time before the13Th

Did LE check any of the parked cars that have been around for a long time (if any?)
I sure hope so, Eileen was also asking about checking towed cars yet to be claimed which is a good idea. Lots of tow zones in that area.
I haven't heard of any organized searches - maybe people don't think that's necessary in a city but I think it would be worthwhile. I'm guessing that Amanda and the other cousins have done some of the above.

thats actually are very signifigant observation, never occurred to me, but certainly it had to impact the number of"eyes" on the city-especially if it was suicide or foul play (body elsewhere?)

I.E a flat out murder, or sucumbing to temp.

In tehe week before the disappearence , know temp instnese , was the snowfall major - thinking could like thawing out reveal a body - was it that kind of snowfall.

Would dumpsters not be able to be emptied cause everything in them was frozen and would not fall out into the truck?

For the whole week , what % of decrease did you noticein activity?

Were many businesses closed? I followed the artic thing but I thought that had passed for some time before the13Th
We haven't had any significant snow fall since the 13th or earlier but have certainly had some melting. Last week, after the three day weekend, was business as usual in the city although it was school vacation week so some families have been away.

I sure hope so, Eileen was also asking about checking towed cars yet to be claimed which is a good idea. Lots of tow zones in that area.
I haven't heard of any organized searches - maybe people don't think that's necessary in a city but I think it would be worthwhile. I'm guessing that Amanda and the other cousins have done some of the above.

Yes,towed cars too,great idea.If it has been done I can take it off my mind.

This is one of my favorite areas of Boston. I have taken small children by T ( bus train station) to Haymarket station its on the other side of Bell and hand. We cut through Faneuil Hall and cross over to New England aquarium on the waterfront. I deliberately go this way to take advantage of Faneuil Halls restaurants and attractions after an aquarium visit. He couldve gone into a million other restaurants and bars if he needed warmth or use a restroom. To get to the aquarium you cross two busy roads and I could see him being in an accident here. I hope his family checked area hospitals in that case.

Local news are reporting that the family has hired a private investigator to help find him. Ive been praying for him and his family and I really hope they find him unharmed. My heart breaks for his poor father.

Local news are reporting that the family has hired a private investigator to help find him. Ive been praying for him and his family and I really hope they find him unharmed. My heart breaks for his poor father.

Curious--where did you hear this? I live in Boston and havent heard a peep in a few days.

Curious--where did you hear this? I live in Boston and havent heard a peep in a few days.

HiCD!

ugh this is so frusrating ! Your right brain. Can you get us (I have tryed i am left brain it is not working out for me!)

Can you get an establishment right where they are searching and how far the bar is?

My curosty with this is we have herd do many cobflicting -- I want to try and figure out if he could have just dropped dead from the cold/clothing --but the only way to start that exploration is to knoe how long he was exposed,

and we all have been all over the place.
law enforcemant , conttary to some myths - is there cause of a lead.That has been reported by MSM-

it is not a course of habit three days in to spend $275,000 (making number up but)trolling around some water !

It is just not how it works.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So glad to hear this - I hope they find him.

Jumping off your post, several of the earlier news reports of this search indicated police had "received information leading them to search this area" but never said what it was. Could it be this "other video"?

http://www.boston.com/news/2016/02/...ng-year-old/SV1vJvmCLk7mUQmqqQytUO/story.html

https://www.facebook.com/bellinhandtavern/posts/1257330137613870

Could we revisit this again for a minute, perhaps with the insight of someone local:

Surveillance footage from the bar shows Marr heading toward the Surface Artery, the tavern said in a Facebook post.

Their post says specifically that he was in front of the garage and headed toward the surface artery. Are they referring to the Parcel 7 Garage on Hanover with the surface artery meaning the Haymarket Bus station? This is a significant claim and potential piece of evidence going under the radar while we spin our wheels, and I remembered it being brought up throughout this thread but was unsure if a solid conclusion has been drawn (other than wishing they would release the video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla