Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest, why is a white van or pick up not suspicious? I'm not American so this might be something only known to locals. TIA!

it's often what utility and parks etc trucks look like.

yeah but if youre into the great outdoors and a hiker like Cheryl seemed to be (per her obituary), then why would a little rain and dampness stop you? it doesn't stop other pacific northwesters, usually. seems like an enjoyable stroll on the way to work to me, to enjoy nature before having to go to the city.

I am wondering if she had a couple of pairs of shoes...meaning, one to wear at work, and one to walk on the path. If so, perhaps she wore tennis shoes or hiking boots to walk, then had her professional work shoes to wear at work.
Would she have worn her work shoes to walk a path?
IMOO.

He had a private and secluded area right next to the car. That is a big park with lots and lots of coverage. It would be a perfect place to conduct a sexual assault and also to dump a body. So I struggle a little with why someone would take the risk of getting her in their own car and taking her somewhere else. (Unless that park is hopping at 7 AM during the week.) It was vacant on a nice Sat afternoon with the exception of one creepy character who "appeared" homeless (I say that because he was carrying a sleeping bag in a back pack contraption.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The blood on the passenger seat, and inside passenger door, suggests that something happened in the car. Prior to learning about the blood, the carjacking/kidnapping scenario already seemed like a likely possibility - that her car was used to transport her to the culvert. After learning about the blood in the car, carjacking/attack in car seems more likely.

• 7:00AM: Cheryl leaves home
  • Minutes later: Cheryl notifies friend that she forgot her badge at home (badge was found at home)
  • After sending text: Phone is powered-down (unlikely that someone powers-down phone at the start of a work day)

After work: husband finds car on street near transit center (blood in car)

If Cheryl was attacked in her car, it's likely that she was transported to the culvert in her own car, and the car was returned to a side street near the transit center. The reasons for returning the car to the transit center area are to give the appearance that everything is as it should be, and for the perp to return to his original location.

The blood on the passenger seat, and inside passenger door, suggests that something happened in the car. Prior to learning about the blood, the carjacking/kidnapping scenario already seemed like a likely possibility - that her car was used to transport her to the culvert. After learning about the blood in the car, carjacking/attack in car seems more likely.

• Minutes later: Cheryl notifies friend that she forgot her badge at home (badge was found at home)
  • After sending text: Phone is powered-down (unlikely that someone powers-down phone at the start of a work day)

If Cheryl was attacked in her car, it's likely that she was transported to the culvert in her own car, and the car was returned to a side street near the transit center. The reasons for returning the car to the transit center area are to give the appearance that everything is as it should be, and for the perp to return to his original location.

i power down my phone at the start of every work day because i dont use my phone while i am working, and dont have anywhere to plug it in if it loses battery, anyway. so keeping it on is pointless.

Oddly, there were two big "trailers" on the D's driveway yesterday. They seemed kind of out of place to me. I wondered if they were brought there to process evidence or something. (They reminded me of the kind of trailers we use on location when producing TV spots. But I guess it is possible that could belong to someone in the immediate or extended family, or to a friend.)

That sounds like crime scene trailers. Were there any people going in and out of the house, or did they look like hauling trailers?

How accurate is crimestoppers, usually? Don't they get info straight from the police, or no?
http://www.crimestoppers.com/missing-person-cheryl-deboer-csops-220/
here they say she was last seen driving her car from her house. it also says she was the phone who texted what she did.

I kinda think they are making the reasonable assumption that a text from her phone was sent by her. But unless they have her caught on camera texting or an eye witness who saw her texting then I don't know how they could know for sure.

Maybe a neighbor saw her pulling out of her driveway? Or her husband? Or surveillance? (Or maybe crime stoppers mixed up the info that her car was seen on surveillance on 236th St at 56th on her way to the park and ride, presumably like two mins after she had pulled out of her driveway.)

That sounds like crime scene trailers. Were there any people going in and out of the house, or did they look like hauling trailers?

No people at all. Blinds closed. Garbage cans in front of the garage. There was also a rather largish pick up truck toward the back of the driveway.

yeah but if youre into the great outdoors and a hiker like Cheryl seemed to be (per her obituary), then why would a little rain and dampness stop you? it doesn't stop other pacific northwesters, usually. seems like an enjoyable stroll on the way to work to me, to enjoy nature before having to go to the city.

I like to hike, but I don't stroll through muddy paths on the way to work. People who like to hike have a time for it, but when headed to work at 7AM, isn't the objective to get from point A to B as efficiently as possible? Wouldn't parking as close as possible would be part of that efficiency?

How accurate is crimestoppers, usually? Don't they get info straight from the police, or no?
here they say she was last seen driving her car from her house. it also says she was the phone who texted what she did.

I didn't read that she was last seen driving.

"Cheryl DeBoer was last seen leaving her house on 48th Ave. W...."

Then it states:

"She was driving the pictured vehicle, license AOL6198 (which has been located)."

Her presumed car was on a surveillance video, then located.

I wonder WHO (WHAT) last saw her leaving her house?
A person, a video cam?
IMOO.

i power down my phone at the start of every work day because i dont use my phone while i am working, and dont have anywhere to plug it in if it loses battery, anyway. so keeping it on is pointless.

I understand. My phone is my work communication tool, so powering down makes no sense. Wouldn't a system analyst would also use the phone as a work communication tool?

Furthermore, it seems like she was in the middle of a communication with her carpool friend, so keeping the phone on is the only way to update the carpool friend about progress in retrieving the badge.

maybe she shut it off because battery was low. often, i shut down my phone when that occurs, or if on the way to school or work, where i know i wont have time or a place to charge my phone and wont be using it. however, i dont believe she was the one that shut it off, but ya never know.

as for the transit park being a safe area or not, transit parks have become common for assaults and that park is known for crime. there are rvs and tents where druggies reside close the park.

Yes. Battery factor could explain a self power down but I was thinking most people have a full battery when they leave home in the morning.

The P&R's I've thought have been plagued by property crime but I've never worried about personal attacks much before. Are they worse now? You mention homeless populations nearby - is it something formal like a Tent City camp or just random?

I stopped riding in 2013, but I used them daily in the ten years prior to commute to UW and downtown Seattle. I can't count the number of times I've stumbled off the bus and waited for a cab in the dark after having way too many post-work drinks in Seattle, the number of times I walked several blocks home carrying a laptop bag from school at 10pm in flip flops or coming back from work long past dark in high heels I never could have run in, the number of times I've been bent over my purse and thrown about its contents on a nearby corner while digging around for my U-Pass or Orca card to see if I needed to run home. Typically rather defenseless, often with headphones in my ears and completely unaware of my surroundings. Never once saw a crime between strangers in the ten years that I rode that warranted a police call. Very scary how much this area has changed in just a couple of years if assaults are now commonplace.

Do you mean the perp returned the car so that it would look like she had hopped on a bus and headed to work or took off to be alone? (The latter might make sense if the perp wanted people to think there was no foul play to investigate.)

But it seems like leaving her car there with blood in it is a pretty big clue that things ain't as they should be. Also, what other evidence might the perp have left--fingerprints, DNA if there was a struggle, hair, clothing fibers, footprints. I'd think the perp would want the car to NOT be found, at least not quickly.

I am totally torn between random and targeted. Both seem like possibilities.

No people at all. Blinds closed. Garbage cans in front of the garage. There was also a rather largish pick up truck toward the back of the driveway.

i believe her husband drives a truck, but i may be wrong.

I didn't read that she was last seen driving.

"Cheryl DeBoer was last seen leaving her house on 48th Ave. W...."

Then it states:

"She was driving the pictured vehicle, license AOL6198 (which has been located)."

Her presumed car was on a surveillance video, then located.

I wonder WHO (WHAT) last saw her leaving her house?
A person, a video cam?
IMOO.

youre right, but it does say she was driving her car. ? maybe she was last seen leaving her house, driving her car?

I believe the DeBoer's were outdoor enthusiasts, could these trailers have been for camping/hunting motorcycle transport?

I didn't study them for too long, but they seemed more like "professional" trailers to me, not like trailers to haul motorcycles and the like. And there were two of them. They looked out of place. That said, I guess it's possible that they are both owned by family or friends who traveled in for the celebration of life?

I understand. My phone is my work communication tool, so powering down makes no sense. Wouldn't a system analyst would also use the phone as a work communication tool?

Furthermore, it seems like she was in the middle of a communication with her carpool friend, so keeping the phone on is the only way to update the carpool friend about progress in retrieving the badge.

not necessarily, systems analyst sounds like computers. in a lot of office environments, you are not supposed to use your phone. some places are less strict, though. the second part, good point. unless, her phone was dying or she just figured she didnt need to update her as she was running late and thatd be more time wasted, she would see her when she saw her. i myself have seen the media say 10 different things when it comes to her texts, so i put no stalk into exactly what she said. the most official media source (from the police) seemed to say the friend should go on without her, which is what i am going by: http://www.cityofmlt.com/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/3163

I like to hike, but I don't stroll through muddy paths on the way to work. People who like to hike have a time for it, but when headed to work at 7AM, isn't the objective to get from point A to B as efficiently as possible? Wouldn't parking as close as possible would be part of that efficiency?

I agree. I am a PacificNorthWesterner and I love to hike. But after having walked the whole path from where her car would have been parked to the transit lot, I can say with certainty that it was not a particularly pleasant experience, even on a nice afternoon in sneakers. It was mildly creepy and pretty muddy. It would not be an appealing alternative to taking the sidewalk that goes directly to the Park and Ride lot. I feel pretty certain that any smart woman (regardless of her outdoorsy tendencies) would agree with me. But of course I could be wrong. Maybe CD loved to walk the muddy creepy path to the lot! (Although apparently she vocalized that she thought it was unsafe.)

ETA, had I not been walking with my son and my dog I would have felt vulnerable running into the solemn, peculiar man I ran into on the path with no one else around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member