Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Battery factor could explain a self power down but I was thinking most people have a full battery when they leave home in the morning.

The P&R's I've thought have been plagued by property crime but I've never worried about personal attacks much before. Are they worse now? You mention homeless populations nearby - is it something formal like a Tent City camp or just random?

I stopped riding in 2013, but I used them daily in the ten years prior to commute to UW and downtown Seattle. I can't count the number of times I've stumbled off the bus and waited for a cab in the dark after having way too many post-work drinks in Seattle, the number of times I walked several blocks home carrying a laptop bag from school at 10pm in flip flops or coming back from work long past dark in high heels I never could have run in, the number of times I've been bent over my purse and thrown about its contents on a nearby corner while digging around for my U-Pass or Orca card to see if I needed to run home. Typically rather defenseless, often with headphones in my ears and completely unaware of my surroundings. Never once saw a crime between strangers in the ten years that I rode that warranted a police call. Very scary how much this area has changed in just a couple of years if assaults are now commonplace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1- true, that's why im not inclined to believe she was the one who shut her phone down. id love to know at what times what texts were sent. 2-i myself dont ride the bus out of being verbally harassed, a lot of druggies hang out at p&rs, and i personally dont like being yelled at by homeless, or sexually harassed by weird men. worse now since when? heroin use and drug related crimes have increased over the years by a lot. 3-im not sure on the last bit.....pretty sure random, but not absolutely sure.

my *tall* male friend was in south seattle (forgot the name of the area, but its a really unsafe area). he had just gotten off the train thing. someone asked to use his phone, took off with it. once he caught up with him, the man threatened him. increased property crime is easily associated with increased personal attacks.

i wouldnt say assaults are commonplace, but i do think they may be on the rise, im not sure. i just know certain areas are to be avoided, like the interurban trail, and bus depots. back in like the 2000s, i was told to stay off that trail, its dangerous. i myself am not that familiar with that bus depot, but have heard bus depots are generally where drug dealers and such congregate sometimes (as well as a lot of commuters). and crime occurs as well.

Kammiemc,

"I agree. I am a PacificNorthWesterner and I love to hike. But after having walked the whole path from where her car would have been parked to the transit lot, I can say with certainty that it was not a particularly pleasant experience, even on a nice afternoon in sneakers. It was mildly creepy and pretty muddy. It would not be an appealing alternative to taking the sidewalk that goes directly to the Park and Ride lot. I feel pretty certain that any smart woman (regardless of her outdoorsy tendencies) would agree with me. But of course I could be wrong. Maybe CD loved to walk the muddy creepy path to the lot! (Although apparently she vocalized that she thought it was unsafe.)"

I totally Agree, My husband and I just went over there and walked that trail from the park and ride to the street she parked on and it was creepy in broad daylight. It was open but surrounded by trees and felt creepy. It was spongy muddy and my husband commented that wearing nice work shoes, your shoes could be muddied by walking that way. You couldn't pay me to walk that way through that trail alone and in semi darkness.

I totally Agree, My husband and I just went over there and walked that trail from the park and ride to the street she parked on and it was creepy in broad daylight. It was open but surrounded by trees and felt creepy. It was spongy muddy and my husband commented that wearing nice work shoes, your shoes could be muddied by walking that way. You couldn't pay me to walk that way through that trail alone and in semi darkness.

Spongy muddy is a perfect description. My shoes got muddy.

The blood on the passenger seat, and inside passenger door, suggests that something happened in the car. Prior to learning about the blood, the carjacking/kidnapping scenario already seemed like a likely possibility - that her car was used to transport her to the culvert. After learning about the blood in the car, carjacking/attack in car seems more likely.

• 7:00AM: Cheryl leaves home
  • Minutes later: Cheryl notifies friend that she forgot her badge at home (badge was found at home)
  • After sending text: Phone is powered-down (unlikely that someone powers-down phone at the start of a work day)

After work: husband finds car on street near transit center (blood in car)

If Cheryl was attacked in her car, it's likely that she was transported to the culvert in her own car, and the car was returned to a side street near the transit center. The reasons for returning the car to the transit center area are to give the appearance that everything is as it should be, and for the perp to return to his original location.

She would have had to have left her home before 7am, if she was seen on video at the intersection 236th St SW 56th Ave, W at around 7am. It is confusing because when they write at around, those don't make sense. She was either driving past that surveillance camera AT 7, or before or after 7. At is exact. Around is not. ( The text was sent at 7:02am)
It takes about 3 minutes driving time without traffic to get from her house to those apartments at that intersection. If she was seen at 7am on video, then backtracking 3 minutes would make it 6:57am, with no traffic when she left her house.
Her husband left around 6:50am, a few minutes before Cheryl. Let's say he left at 6:51am. She left a few minutes later, Say 6:54 am. (Just a guess...)
Was she warming up her car?
Did she stop to pick someone up along the way?

I know all of these times are approximate, but it leaves me to ponder if she picked up someone before that video showing her car at the intersection of 236th St SW and 56th Ave. W.
IMOO.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

"A surveillance system at the DeBoer’s home shows her husband leaving the house around 6:50 a.m. Feb. 8, a few minutes before Cheryl. He arrived at this work in Mukilteo around 7:15 a.m.
Another surveillance video at the intersection of 236th Street SW and 56th Avenue W showed what appeared to be Cheryl DeBoer’s vehicle passing at around 7 a.m. headed westbound."

youre right, but it does say she was driving her car. ? maybe she was last seen leaving her house, driving her car?

It does say the pictured vehicle, so one could presume that she drove it.
But she could have been last seen leaving her house like locking her door, but not seen driving away from her house. I was commenting on your comment of last seen driving from her house. Her presumed car was on video at an intersection. Most likely she did drive away in her vehicle.
Somebody drove that vehicle to where it was found, whether it be Cheryl or someone else.
IMOO.

Also, my husband noticed that a pole had 2 of those surveillance camera's on it right next to the stairs where the trail comes out into the parking lot.

OOPS! Sorry for posting twice!

She would have had to have left her home before 7am, if she was seen on video at the intersection 236th St SW 56th Ave, W at around 7am. It is confusing because when they write at around, those don't make sense. She was either driving past that surveillance camera AT 7, or before or after 7. At is exact. Around is not. ( The text was sent at 7:02am)
It takes about 3 minutes driving time without traffic to get from her house to those apartments at that intersection. If she was seen at 7am on video, then backtracking 3 minutes would make it 6:57am, with no traffic when she left her house.
Her husband left around 6:50am, a few minutes before Cheryl. Let's say he left at 6:51am. She left a few minutes later, Say 6:54 am. (Just a guess...)
Was she warming up her car?
Did she stop to pick someone up along the way?

I know all of these times are approximate, but it leaves me to ponder if she picked up someone before that video showing her car at the intersection of 236th St SW and 56th Ave. W.
IMOO.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

"A surveillance system at the DeBoer’s home shows her husband leaving the house around 6:50 a.m. Feb. 8, a few minutes before Cheryl. He arrived at this work in Mukilteo around 7:15 a.m.
Another surveillance video at the intersection of 236th Street SW and 56th Avenue W showed what appeared to be Cheryl DeBoer’s vehicle passing at around 7 a.m. headed westbound."

Well the timing is definitely right for her to be seen at 7 AM at 236th and 56th, then park on 58th, realize she badgeless and text her friend at 7:02!

Also, my husband noticed that a pole had 2 of those surveillance camera's on it right next to the stairs where the trail comes out into the parking lot.

Entrance to trail from where CD parked

attachment.php

Closer view of trail entrance

attachment.php

Trail about half way leading from the park and ride, there is a wooden bridge over a semi dry culvert area.

attachment.php

Trail leading to the stairs to the park and ride (just around the chain link fence to the right).

attachment.php

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 907
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 911
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 925
  • 001.JPG