Found Deceased MO - Titus Tackett, 3, Killarney Shores, 10 Feb 2016

I don't see this as being a simple accident. Just no way. And then ending up in that van.
Maybe time will bring more clarity.
jmho

Just a reminder, the child's autopsy was conducted by the forensic pathologist in Farmington, MO, a nearby city. The coroner didn't perform the autopsy or make any medical decisions about Titus's death. Not all of these small communities in the Mineral Area region can afford a full time MD for autopsies, so one expert probably does the work for them. It looks as though the forensic pathologist in Farmington is well trained and practices at most of the hospitals in the region.

http://www.myironcountynews.com/articles/2016/02/18/search-missing-child-turns-tragedy

well done research, betty p and i'm a huge fan of that.

however, respectfully and completely disagree with your analysis. this is a cover-up, IMO, to the nth degree. small town, big town (hey i love that group by the way lol), this case stinks to high heaven.

JMO...

Speculating here, if Titus had medical issues, could they possibly account as to why the cold might not have affected him like other children from a sensory perspective.

Was it the Sheriff's theory that Titus ran through woods or was he speculating too?

good thought zuri. but whether or not your child has sensory issues, OCD, on the spectrum, full onset autism or schizoprenia (which is normally not diagnosed at age 2 but i could be wrong), can you imagine a scenario where your special needs or 'well-adjusted' child could function for an hour, naked, in subzero weather?

my boys could. absolutely. screaming at the top of their lungs fully clothed and if i were local LE i might drive away. lol. i'm being half serious. no toddler is just going to wander around in the middle of the night looking for mama, silent. in diapers. no way no how. IMO.

well done research, betty p and i'm a huge fan of that.

however, respectfully and completely disagree with your analysis. this is a cover-up, IMO, to the nth degree. small town, big town (hey i love that group by the way lol), this case stinks to high heaven.

JMO...

Since the full autopsy hasn't been completed and the investigation is ongoing, it's difficult for me to form an opinion. Given the FBI and other law enforcement agencies are involved, it seems they're being pretty thorough.

Little information has been released to the public thus far, we'll just have to be patient.

but the autopsy IS complete. he's been laid to rest.

the coroner will at no point reverse his decision, it's the human factor i've stated many times. ego comes into play at this point.

there is no evidence to suggest anyone murdered this child. yet IMO, JMO, MOO, he was. that's all i can say.

but the autopsy IS complete. he's been laid to rest.

the coroner will at no point reverse his decision, it's the human factor i've stated many times. ego comes into play at this point.

there is no evidence to suggest anyone murdered this child. yet IMO, JMO, MOO, he was. that's all i can say.

It's a preliminary autopsy report. They're still awaiting the toxicology report. The coroner has mentioned very few of the many details that will be in the final report.

As mentioned previously, a multitude of law enforcement agencies are involved in the investigation, including the Missouri Highway Patrol and the FBI. It would take more than skill and luck for a small town coroner to engineer a cover up with dozens of highly trained investigators guiding the investigation.

We'll just have to wait until the investigation is finished before we learn what really happened.

They're still awaiting the toxicology report. From BettyP's link:

Cole said the death appeared to be from hypothermia, but added that it will not be official until the results of a toxicology test are returned, a process that could take 30 days.

The test was conducted as part of an autopsy performed by a forensic pathologist in Farmington.
http://www.myironcountynews.com/articles/2016/02/18/search-missing-child-turns-tragedy

In an unrelated Idaho Falls case, it was reported today that the mother of a child originally thought to have died of SIDS has been charged with first degree murder. The tox report showed the COD was a methamphetamine overdose.

The baby died over a year ago.

Court records obtained by EastIdahoNews.com show investigators discovered methamphetamine in a bottle of children’s Dimetapp — a cold and allergy medication — and within a partially full baby bottle.

Autopsy reports showed the presence of methamphetamine in the child’s stomach, blood and urine. Investigators said the presence of meth in the stomach is consistent with oral ingestion.

Forensic toxicologists determined a lethal dose of meth was likely administered three to four hours before the child’s death. Based on statements from Heather Elam and her roommate Rob Parker, investigators believe Elam was the only person capable of delivering the meth to baby Serenity in the time frame before she died, according to court documents.
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/02/heart-breaking-infant-death-in-salmon/

They're still awaiting the toxicology report.

In an unrelated Idaho Falls case, it was reported today that the mother of a child originally thought to have died of SIDS has been charged with first degree murder. The tox report showed the COD was a methamphetamine overdose.

The baby died over a year ago.

Court records obtained by EastIdahoNews.com show investigators discovered methamphetamine in a bottle of children’s Dimetapp — a cold and allergy medication — and within a partially full baby bottle.

Autopsy reports showed the presence of methamphetamine in the child’s stomach, blood and urine. Investigators said the presence of meth in the stomach is consistent with oral ingestion.

Forensic toxicologists determined a lethal dose of meth was likely administered three to four hours before the child’s death. Based on statements from Heather Elam and her roommate Rob Parker, investigators believe Elam was the only person capable of delivering the meth to baby Serenity in the time frame before she died, according to court documents.
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/02/heart-breaking-infant-death-in-salmon/

^^^^this.

Over and over.

Thanks, Bessie.

I know we try to be open-minded here but FGS, at some point we have to accept that almost every one of these cases is either murder or neglect and drugs seem to play a starring role.

Speculating here, if Titus had medical issues, could they possibly account as to why the cold might not have affected him like other children from a sensory perspective.

Was it the Sheriff's theory that Titus ran through woods or was he speculating too?

good thought zuri. but whether or not your child has sensory issues, OCD, on the spectrum, full onset autism or schizoprenia (which is normally not diagnosed at age 2 but i could be wrong), can you imagine a scenario where your special needs or 'well-adjusted' child could function for an hour, naked, in subzero weather?

my boys could. absolutely. screaming at the top of their lungs fully clothed and if i were local LE i might drive away. lol. i'm being half serious. no toddler is just going to wander around in the middle of the night looking for mama, silent. in diapers. no way no how. IMO.

I can't speak to the actual physical abilities of a person in those temperatures, but I have been teaching kids on the Autism spectrum for 16 years and have had a number of students with sensory issues. I had one student that we had to watch very carefully because he did not seem to feel pain. He slammed his fingers in cupboard doors, cut them on pop cans, etc and the only way you'd know is to see the blood. He never called out, never grimaced, never made a sound. I've had other students who never seemed to notice the cold. Not that I ever took them out without coats or anything but in conversations with parents came to realize that it was a very real possibility (one of the kids used to escape the house when parents were sleeping and never bothered with coats, etc in the winter here in MI). I don't know what the body can/cannot handle from a medical perspective but don't have a problem believing he could have been insensitive to cold/pain IF (and that's a HUGE if) he had a sensory disorder...something that they likely would have known about by this point in his life and something we would have heard about by now.

Is there a drug-related possibility in this case? I hadn't heard that theory yet, I don't think.

^^^^this.

Over and over.

Thanks, Bessie.

I know we try to be open-minded here but FGS, at some point we have to accept that almost every one of these cases is either murder or neglect and drugs seem to play a starring role.
Just to be clear, that wasn't my point. I posted the link as an example of a case where authorities reversed a preliminary determination as new evidence came to light.

Is there a drug-related possibility in this case? I hadn't heard that theory yet, I don't think.

I have not heard that either, but since most of these cases are either abuse/neglect or drug related, it would not surprise me. We live in a very sad world where children are not valued over the selfish, venal needs of their terrible parents.

Just left the Facebook group for Titus. It was/is awful there. Makes me glad to be posting here on WS where people disagree politely and try to back up their ideas with evidence, not rumour and innuendo and "this ex friend said..." On the FB group, they will crucify you for a differing opinion. Pretty pathetic!

“The mother and the step-dad (Amber Tackett and Frankie Garrett), needed to return a borrowed vehicle to Ironton so the owner of the vehicle could go to work the next morning,” the sheriff said. “The mother was waiting for Titus to go to sleep – he was watching television and lying on the couch. They left the house sometime around midnight, but the grandfather was there with the child.”
Sheriff Medley said the grandfather thought the child had gone with the parents.
“(The parents) came back sometime around 1 a.m. and found the front door open,” said the sheriff. “The boy had been on the couch asleep, but he heard them leave and ran out after them. They had already left. Highway 72 is right there.”

I don't understand this^^^ part.

That makes no sense. First they say Grandpa was 'there with the child.' But then in the next sentence it says:
the grandfather thought the child had gone with the parents.

How can both of those things be true?

“The mother and the step-dad (Amber Tackett and Frankie Garrett), needed to return a borrowed vehicle to Ironton so the owner of the vehicle could go to work the next morning,” the sheriff said. “The mother was waiting for Titus to go to sleep – he was watching television and lying on the couch. They left the house sometime around midnight, but the grandfather was there with the child.”
Sheriff Medley said the grandfather thought the child had gone with the parents.
“(The parents) came back sometime around 1 a.m. and found the front door open,” said the sheriff. “The boy had been on the couch asleep, but he heard them leave and ran out after them. They had already left. Highway 72 is right there.”

I don't understand this^^^ part.

That makes no sense. First they say Grandpa was 'there with the child.' But then in the next sentence it says:

JMO
They cant both be true. Which is why something is not right with the way things are being told.

I like the Sheriff and I think he is trying to do all the right things. I suspect he has been told some things and he is just relaying what he has been told. Which may or may not be accurate to what really happened. Lets look at just this one statement which does not make sense to me based on other things we have heard.

"Sheriff Medley said the grandfather thought the child had gone with the parents."

So if GP told him this then doesn't this mean that the GP had to have been awake and just thought the parents left with the boy. But then what about the door being wide open?
Surely he would have closed it since this statement means he was awake at some point and thought the parents had left with the boy?
And the parents even said they were waiting till the boy went to sleep on couch.
So again this does not make sense that GP was awake and thought parents left with the boy because that is not what the parents are saying.

It just does not make sense even this one statement because the statement implies that GP had to have been awake to think that the parents took him with them. And with that door being wide open it doesn't make sense to me.

I think Sheriff is just relaying what he has been told and the stories are conflicting.

JMO
I think it is very possible this was a terrible accident but just not quite in the way it is being told to LE.

The only reason I can think of why things would be reported differently than the way they actually happened is to try to coverup some feeling of responsibility as to why the boy ended up freezing to death.

The thing that gets upsetting is if someone had lied to LE about the way things happened then it is really bad because you have other people now feeling guilty for things they didn't even do. Like GP may feel somewhat responsible for not more closely watching things.
The owners of the Van begin to feel responsible for not locking the van they owned and maybe the boy would have gone to the front door.

This is why it is so upsetting when the whole truth is not told to LE about the way these "accidents" happen. People need to own up to their responsibility if this was truly an accident. Tell it like it happened and let the chips fall where they may. But don't drag others into the story so the blame shifts on other innocent people.

If things happened the way it has been told to us so far then some of the questions we have brought up need to be answered so we can better understand. The way it is now there are some things that are not quite making sense to us.

First they say Grandpa was 'there with the child.' But then in the next sentence it says:

RSBM

Uncanny similarity to baby Deorr's case...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back