Found Deceased MO - Titus Tackett, 3, Killarney Shores, 10 Feb 2016

RSBM

Uncanny similarity to baby Deorr's case...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think so, too. And I am getting awfully tired of this sort of crap.

Sent from my fingertips using what remains of my brain.

I can't speak to the actual physical abilities of a person in those temperatures, but I have been teaching kids on the Autism spectrum for 16 years and have had a number of students with sensory issues. I had one student that we had to watch very carefully because he did not seem to feel pain. He slammed his fingers in cupboard doors, cut them on pop cans, etc and the only way you'd know is to see the blood. He never called out, never grimaced, never made a sound. I've had other students who never seemed to notice the cold. Not that I ever took them out without coats or anything but in conversations with parents came to realize that it was a very real possibility (one of the kids used to escape the house when parents were sleeping and never bothered with coats, etc in the winter here in MI). I don't know what the body can/cannot handle from a medical perspective but don't have a problem believing he could have been insensitive to cold/pain IF (and that's a HUGE if) he had a sensory disorder...something that they likely would have known about by this point in his life and something we would have heard about by now.

This^^^^ is what I was referring to subtly. Some people are born where they don't feel hot or cold on their skin. This was an excellent explanation for a possibility, however remote.

This^^^^ is what I was referring to subtly. Some people are born where they don't feel hot or cold on their skin. This was an excellent explanation for a possibility, however remote.

I agree that some children have disorders that interfere with their sensory abilities. But with the family involved very willing to dole out excuses ("I thought he was with GP"; "I thought he was with Mom") and blame, I think we would have heard this by now. We've heard about how he could open car doors and drive an atv.

Honestly, I think if they had known that this is a thing with some kids, they'd have thrown that out there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kids are not often diagnosed with some things until they are a bit older.

Kids are not often diagnosed with some things until they are a bit older.

True, but living somewhere it gets to be 15 degrees or colder and being around atvs that the motor can get quite hot on, and just in every day life, they probably would have noticed that Titus doesn't seem to be bothered by the cold. Maybe noted that he will go out and play in the snow with no shoes and doesn't complain. Or that one time he played with a sparkler and it burned him so badly it gave him a blister but he seemed unfazed, type of thing.

respectfully to all, toxicology report or not, we will most likely never know the truth. even if titus's autopsy shows drugs or that he was otherwise chemically compromised, i'm quite certain a lawyer and/or coroner will denounce the report before it hits the press or as a defense after the media has its' day.

i'm not ready (yet) to file this case along with jonbenet, kyron, isabel, ayla, and countless others. but it will further embed me into the negative-poster-cold-case-file-of-the-angry.

it astounds me that some morons can committ the "perfect" crime. against their own child. let's hope one of these dingbats running for president can come up with a caucus for parenting...(kidding)...

“The mother and the step-dad (Amber Tackett and Frankie Garrett), needed to return a borrowed vehicle to Ironton so the owner of the vehicle could go to work the next morning,” the sheriff said. “The mother was waiting for Titus to go to sleep – he was watching television and lying on the couch. They left the house sometime around midnight, but the grandfather was there with the child.”
Sheriff Medley said the grandfather thought the child had gone with the parents.
“(The parents) came back sometime around 1 a.m. and found the front door open,” said the sheriff. “The boy had been on the couch asleep, but he heard them leave and ran out after them. They had already left. Highway 72 is right there.”

I don't understand this^^^ part.

That makes no sense. First they say Grandpa was 'there with the child.' But then in the next sentence it says:
the grandfather thought the child had gone with the parents.

How can both of those things be true?

My biggest problem was, "The boy heard them leave and ran out after them. They had already left. Highway 72 is right there."
What?!? Who said this part?
JMO
They cant both be true. Which is why something is not right with the way things are being told.

I like the Sheriff and I think he is trying to do all the right things. I suspect he has been told some things and he is just relaying what he has been told. Which may or may not be accurate to what really happened. Lets look at just this one statement which does not make sense to me based on other things we have heard.

"Sheriff Medley said the grandfather thought the child had gone with the parents."

So if GP told him this then doesn't this mean that the GP had to have been awake and just thought the parents left with the boy. But then what about the door being wide open?
Surely he would have closed it since this statement means he was awake at some point and thought the parents had left with the boy?
And the parents even said they were waiting till the boy went to sleep on couch.
So again this does not make sense that GP was awake and thought parents left with the boy because that is not what the parents are saying.

It just does not make sense even this one statement because the statement implies that GP had to have been awake to think that the parents took him with them. And with that door being wide open it doesn't make sense to me.

I think Sheriff is just relaying what he has been told and the stories are conflicting.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

JMO
I do not think this3 year old little boy walked all that way in a diaper opened the van door and wrapped himself in a blanket and died!

JMO
someone put him there!

JMO
I do not think this3 year old little boy walked all that way in a diaper opened the van door and wrapped himself in a blanket and died!

JMO
someone put him there!

The person who found him put the blanket over him.

The person who found him put the blanket over him.

Oh! thanks!
I still think someone placed him in that van!
He is 3
He didn't think IMO hey let me go see if that van is unlocked.
Little ones either keep walking or sit down when they cant go any further.
But these are just my thoughts.

Oh! thanks!
I still think someone placed him in that van!
He is 3
He didn't think IMO hey let me go see if that van is unlocked.
Little ones either keep walking or sit down when they cant go any further.
But these are just my thoughts.

JMO
I agree that it is likely he was placed in the van. Just based on how freezing his hands would be before he would have gotten to the van all that way. His hands would have been numb and I dont think he would have had the feeling in his hands to be able to do it. Not in those temps after that long walk and then closing the door too. Nah.

Too many things were strange about the "story". First we hear of an "errand". Then it becomes dropping off a vehicle. The coroner friend doesn't mention bottom of feet which is the most obvious thing to look at if boy walked all that way only in a diaper.

I would be curious if the boy was cremated or buried.

I continue to hold out hope that LE is still investigating.

I am sure the mother told authorities what the actual errand was right away. Just because we, the public, haven't heard all the details doesn't mean the authorities don't know all the details.

I was doing some research on child walking speed and I also found a link that approximates when Frostbite would set in.

Im not sure if I did all this correctly but here is what I determined.

From the first link, it says:
"children in kindergarten through sixth grade. The mean speed to walk 50 ft used by kindergarten line leaders was 13.5 seconds"

So here is the calculation I did to convert it to MPH.

(50 feet / 13.5 seconds) X (60 SECONDS/MINUTE) X (60 MINUTES/HOUR) X
X (1 Mile / 5280 feet) = 2.52 MPH

So then to convert to how long it took to go 0.7 miles to the Van.......

(0.7 miles / 2.52 MHP) = 0.277 hours, which is 16.62 minutes which we can round off
to 20 minutes to make it simpler to think about.

So then, I went to the 2nd link and
from the second link, there is a graph that shows Wind Chill and
it also shows color coded Frostbite times in 3 different
colors depending on temperature and wind speed at the bottom of the color coded chart.

So assuming even a 5 MPH light breeze, at 17 degrees we can safely say we are in the White Color
which says Frostbite would set in at around 30 minutes at those temps.

So I think it is safe to say his hands would be getting very close to frostbite if not already frostbitten by the time he reached the Van. Especially if he took longer to get there or if the wind speed was more like 10-20 MPH wind.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16357662

http://timberlinetrails.net/ClimbingHypothermia.html

I was doing some research on child walking speed and I also found a link that approximates when Frostbite would set in.

Im not sure if I did all this correctly but here is what I determined.

From the first link, it says:
"children in kindergarten through sixth grade. The mean speed to walk 50 ft used by kindergarten line leaders was 13.5 seconds"

So here is the calculation I did to convert it to MPH.

(50 feet / 13.5 seconds) X (60 SECONDS/MINUTE) X (60 MINUTES/HOUR) X
X (1 Mile / 5280 feet) = 2.52 MPH

So then to convert to how long it took to go 0.7 miles to the Van.......

(0.7 miles / 2.52 MHP) = 0.277 hours, which is 16.62 minutes which we can round off
to 20 minutes to make it simpler to think about.

So then, I went to the 2nd link and
from the second link, there is a graph that shows Wind Chill and
it also shows color coded Frostbite times in 3 different
colors depending on temperature and wind speed at the bottom of the color coded chart.

So assuming even a 5 MPH light breeze, at 17 degrees we can safely say we are in the White Color
which says Frostbite would set in at around 30 minutes at those temps.

So I think it is safe to say his hands would be getting very close to frostbite if not already frostbitten by the time he reached the Van. Especially if he took longer to get there or if the wind speed was more like 10-20 MPH wind.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16357662

http://timberlinetrails.net/ClimbingHypothermia.html

This wonderful info furthers my doubt that Titus was able to accomplish the scenario set forth by the Sheriff and Coroner. From the apparent decision to not start resuscitative efforts, I am assuming Titus had been in that van for some time.

Could it be that someone that knew him found Titus deceased on the road and placed him in the van? In order to avoid prosecution for neglect? I keep coming back to this possibility...

This wonderful info furthers my doubt that Titus was able to accomplish the scenario set forth by the Sheriff and Coroner. From the apparent decision to not start resuscitative efforts, I am assuming Titus had been in that van for some time.

Could it be that someone that knew him found Titus deceased on the road and placed him in the van?
In order to avoid prosecution for neglect? I keep coming back to this possibility...

That would explain COD as hypothermia.

Initially I thought there was no real reason to suspect foul play, but the story about GP watching him or not watching him. It's "off." If GP was watching him, he wouldn't have thought the child was with his parents. If GP wasn't watching him, why did the parents say he was? And why didn't GP close the front door?

There is only one person who could definitively say that Titus ran out the door after his parents. That would be GP. If he's the one who said that, then the question is, why didn't he do something about it? To be able to say that, he would had to have seen Titus run out the door after his parents, and then done nothing, not even closing the door.

Who else could possibly say that he ran out the door after his parents? Not poor Titus. Not his parents. If they saw him run out the door after them, and continued driving away, they as good as killed him.

Add to that the info above about walking times and frostbite times...... No, it's hinky. It doesn't hold together, IMO.

Could it be that someone that knew him found Titus deceased on the road and placed him in the van? In order to avoid prosecution for neglect? I keep coming back to this possibility...

AND, if he even walked straight to the van from the house. More than likely he meandered some if not a lot. Surely he didn't just say, "oh well, I didn't catch them...I'm just gonna walk to that neighbor's van."

I wouldn't be surprised if he was running and he reached the van much quicker. And it was the first thing he saw where he could be "inside" to lay down.

Running in freezing temperatures is extremely taxing on the body, and can increase/intensify the effect that the cold has on the muscles and body, making it work much less efficiently in a shorter period of time. Even for fully clothed, experienced runners, who knowingly prepare to go for a run in the cold. For a 3 year old, only wearing a diaper, who is scared, in the middle of the night, and a non-athlete, if he was running, I don't think he'd have made it even close to the location of the van before his muscles gave out and his lungs felt like they were on fire. JMO

http://runneracademy.com/cold-weather-impact-on-running/

Unless LE releases some information that points to foul play, I refuse to place blame on the family. I am assuming LE know a lot more than us random people on an internet forum.

Just my opinion, of course.

Marking my spot.... No word yet on the condition of his feet ; or official cod ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back