Bosma Murder Trial 02.25.16 - Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
Defence hammers crown witness about lack of understanding of money. Business. She was "only' a book keeper. she agrees @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 2m2 minutes ago
Defence says even when Dellen took over after father's death bills were getting paid. Williams agrees @CHCHNews

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 56s57 seconds ago
Williams tells defence $3.7 million loan MillardAir took out was to restructure, pay bills and staff

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
When employees were laid off, they got severance. Yes. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 46s46 seconds ago
Hangar in Waterloo was being built to make MillardAir more money by potentially renting it out, she says

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 34s34 seconds ago
Millard created a plan to rent out the hanger for planes. It would generate income. Dellen made plan well before his arrest @CHCHNews

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11s12 seconds ago
Williams says at time of #Millard arrest, plan was to offer hangar for rent. An "airplane hotel." To start making money.

Feb 25 2016 12:02 PM
Sachak now talking about the budget for the jeep race in Baja, Mexico. Williams says she was giving an opinion to the police as to what the entrance fee would be and what the costs related to the race would be.

Feb 25 2016 12:04 PM
Sachak says he's suggesting the entrance fee for the race was $1,800 and not $18,000, as she testified yesterday. She says she isn't certain. "You don't know the price. You're not sure of the price." Sachak says. "Yes," she responds.

***Whoops. She was pretty off on that fee.

Feb 25 2016 12:05 PM
The lawyers now have legal arguments to make without the jury. They're being sent out -- instructed to come back at 1:30 p.m.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 54s54 seconds ago
Asked if she ever talked to Millard about his previous Baja race in Mexico. She says no. Happened in 2011. She saw invoice for it.

Really, DM's personal vacations are not a business expense!

Williams' testimony seems sort of sketchy. Can't quite put my finger on it, but something is off.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 59s60 seconds ago
Williams says when she told police about Dellen Millard's trip to Baja Mexico she didn't actually know the price and was simply guessing

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 41s41 seconds ago
Re: Baja race entry fee, Sachak suggests entry fee was $1800 not $18000. She agrees she does not know. Was guessing when talking to police.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 18s18 seconds ago
Jury taking lunch, back at at 1:30 pm, lawyers stay back for legal arguments

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s26 seconds ago
That's it for Williams. Jury now out. Legal arguments now before lunch. They'll be back at 1:30 p.m. #Bosma

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 5m5 minutes ago
Williams has finished testifying and has stepped down. The jury will get an early lunch and lawyers will continue with arguments @CHCHNews

That witness didn't help the crown one bit. Strange they put her on the stand.

Okay well, now that the jury is out until 1:30 I guess it's time to fly and get some work & errands done :)

just my opinion but I'm kinda seeing no advantage to dellen killing his father..but I am seeing a reason WM might kill himself..the finances were pretty overwhelming.

Why would WM want to leave his son a big financial mess? He was described as a humble and great man who appeared to love and indulge his only child. No known history of depression or mental illness. A new business venture to breath new life into him and he had brought on a number of his former friends and colleagues from Pearson to help him get the business off the ground. Why would such a good and noble man (according to his obit) want to put all these people out of work with one shot from a gun that this animal lover would probably never even think of owning or procuring illegally?

On the other hand...DM got full control of the company and the finances when WM died. I see much more advantage there for him.

MOO

Wonder if DM's lawyer is reading our BAJA posts for question ideas lol.....

"How does a lawyer discredit a witness' credibility to the opinion of business transactions, and then go on to ask her opinion of whats normal for a business ? ' ---That`s what I would be asking myself, if I were a juror.

I am not at all surprised that a bookkeeper would not know that financial state of the company. She was likely dealing with operating expenses including salaries etc and probably did have knowledge of the company account.....it is called a Business Operating Account it is just that--business owners do not deposit all of their wealth in such an account...money is transferred into this account as the need be----it is a joke to assume that that is what the company was worth or reflective of the financial well being of the company......the company's accountant would more than likely know all of the details and be dealing with income tax and related issues.

There may have even been a company financial advisor who could testify to company investments and all of the company bank accounts but only if they were in the same institution as the financial advisors. I suspect that WM knew very well how to play the game....it is DM who likely lacked a full comprehension of all of the details that his father had managed so well. Remember DM was more interested in his toys and playing at the hangar....oh, yes...he knew how to spend the money.

I wonder if Lisa Williams testimony is just the early stuff having to do with the company finances and the Crown will build there case in this area with subsequent witnesses and evidence.

It certainly appears that way right now.....but I am willing to be a little more patient to see where the Crown is going with this.
Crown has dropped names and introduced apparently unrelated evidence that people have said did not to fit in ....and then some time down the road they retrace steps and pick up that little clue and it all fits.....It is something like an elegant Argentinian Tango---Rock step, walk walk walk , dip , leg twirl....and so it goes and it really does not look beautiful until you see the whole thing flow and stop trying to analyze each move....got to take it as a whole.....And I think it is the same thing with the Crown's case. I am trying to be patient and remind myself that the Crown really does know what they are doing...they have all the evidence and they know every detail of this case....I don't.

[video=twitter;702908408983392256]https://twitter.com/nmartinCHCH/status/702908408983392256[/video]

It certainly appears that way right now.....but I am willing to be a little more patient to see where the Crown is going with this.
Crown has dropped names and introduced apparently unrelated evidence that people have said did not to fit in ....and then some time down the road they retrace steps and pick up that little clue and it all fits.....It is something like an elegant Argentinian Tango---Rock step, walk walk walk , dip , leg twirl....and so it goes and it really does not look beautiful until you see the whole thing flow and stop trying to analyze each move....got to take it as a whole.....And I think it is the same thing with the Crown's case. I am trying to be patient and remind myself that the Crown really does know what they are doing...they have all the evidence and they know every detail of this case....I don't.

Thank you for the reminder that this witness is simply another piece of a larger puzzle. The Crown has the puzzle solved, unfortunately, we are still looking for the outside edge pieces.

[video=twitter;702909251514208260]https://twitter.com/nmartinCHCH/status/702909251514208260[/video]

She had knowledge that they were planning to go to Baja that year. That testimony alone was worth any errors she may have initially had when making her statement to police, regarding how much it had cost them in the past. Remember that she can't deviate from her initial statement to police, even if she has been corrected. Now where she got that figure from is anyone's guess because it appears that Sachak's figure is wrong as well based on the links provided in the last thread so why can't the jury actually see the entries that were made in 2011 for the Baja expenditures? Even though she wouldn't have been the one to make them, she must have had access to the same quickbooks program that the previous bookkeeper was using. Or are we going to get that bookkeeper in to discuss those expenditures? Or has the defense successfully blocked the jury from seeing any actual financial records for the company?

MOO

There may be a bit of a problem though in that they were not able to test out the whole dance prior to heading to the big show. And now the competition is calling foul on some of their steps and the dance may be getting a little wobbly?

I hope not but I can't help but think some of that is happening here. This is a very tricky case, mainly because of the overlap between three cases IMO.

MOO

Can someone explain to me how you "restructure" a company with 3.7 million dollars when all you did was lay off every employee except for yourself and your buddy and continue to play with cars while never actually making an effort to advertise or hire any sales representative to promote your "new company"?

:waitasec:

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members