KS - Three killed in Excel Industries shooting, Hesston, 25 Feb 2016

www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/active-shooter-confirmed-hesston-kansas-workplace-n526061

A gunman was dead and as many as 20 other people could be injured after a series of shootings Thursday in rural Kansas, authorities said. The sheriff said it was possible that up to four people may be dead but that those reports hadn't been confirmed.

Praying for the injured and hoping there are no casualties tonight !!

At this point, also thinking about the deceased shooter's family.
What goes through people's minds to harm/kill others but also to essentially destroy their own family ?
:moo:

From link above

In an evening press conference, Harvey County Sherrif T. Walton listed four crime scenes: the first in the nearby town of Newton where a man was shot in the shoulder while driving a truck, the second shooting happening on Hester Road, then another shooting in the parking lot of the Excel building, and ultimately inside the building itself.Walton added that the FBI would conduct an investigation.

The Hesston Record reported that the shooter was carrying an AK-47 at the time he was shot and killed.

Sorry, tried to edit my post and couldn't see any text.

www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/25/as-ma...shootings-in-hesston-kansas.html?intcmp=hpbt3

As many as 4 killed, up to 20 hurt in multiple shootings in Hesston, Kansas

www.kake.com/home/headlines/Police-respond-to-active-shooter-in-Hesston-370190361.html

Officers responded Thursday afternoon to the report of an active shooter at Excel Industries at 200 South Ridge Road. Harvey County Sheriff T. Walton said four to seven people are dead and as many as 20 have been injured.

W.T.F.
Guessing here; maybe an injustice collector, or someone who'd recently been fired ?
Thinking about the families affected.

www.kake.com/home/headlines/Police-respond-to-active-shooter-in-Hesston-370190361.html

Shooter is Cedric Larry Ford , according to the last video at the above link. Photo from his workplace.
Sounds like he had been fired ; and also has some priors.
Also video of him firing a gun.
Lady in the first video thought he'd used an AK47.

:moo:

An article I read earlier they said this is a gun free zone.

10News WTSP ‏@10NewsWTSP 2m2 minutes ago
UPDATE: Gunman identified, 4-7 dead, up to 20 wounded in Kansas shooting spree. http://on.wtsp.com/20Y5qrT

This is so sad. Many companies don't want to hire ex-felons but this company gave him a chance and this is how he repays them. It just shows criminals are always going to be able to obtain illegal weapons to carry out their evil acts on innocent victims.

I know its early but I am really interested in knowing if he happened to be a Muslim. The reason I say this its not the first workplace murders where a Muslim has killed others. There have been several but I do remember, iirc there was a case where another man decapitated one woman in the office and was trying to decapitated the other lady when he was stopped when shot by the Manager there. IIRC, he had gotten mad because they didn't want to discuss his religion with him.

I am not saying he is a lone wolf terrorist but the way our world is now I do think it could be a possibility.

I am glad to see the FBI is already involved.

I sure hope we learn more about this man and his background.

IMO

This is so sad. Many companies don't want to hire ex-felons but this company gave him a chance and this is how he repays them. It just shows criminals are always going to be able to obtain illegal weapons to carry out their evil acts on innocent victims.

I know its early but I am really interested in knowing if he happened to be a Muslim. The reason I say this its not the first workplace murders where a Muslim has killed others. There have been several but I do remember, iirc there was a case where another man decapitated one woman in the office and was trying to decapitated the other lady when he was stopped when shot by the Manager there. IIRC, he had gotten mad because they didn't want to discuss his religion with him.

I am not saying he is a lone wolf terrorist but the way our world is now I do think it could be a possibility.

I am glad to see the FBI is already involved.

I sure hope we learn more about this man and his background.

IMO
SABBM

Is it possible he lied to his employer about his past ?

Dr Drew interupts his programming with tidbits of breaking news on this massacre.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back