Found Deceased PA - John Kohlbecker, 27, Philadelphia, 11 February 2016

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP — Stained items of clothing were found on the banks of the Mullica River near where a missing man's vehicle was discovered in Wharton State Forest last Sunday, according to State Police.

Capt. Stephen Jones said Tuesday afternoon that numerous items of clothing were sent to the State Police's laboratory to determine the substance of the stains as the agency continues its ongoing investigation into the disappearance of 27 year old John Kohlbecker.

<snip>

Jones said Tuesday that Kohlbecker was stopped by local police in Buena Borough, which is located about 17 miles east and slightly north of Bridgeton, later that evening at about 9:30 p.m. for having a light out on his vehicle.

http://www.nj.com/burlington/index....lothing_discovered_near_missing_mans_car.html

So, do the clothes found on the bank of the river match the clothes John was wearing when on video in Bridgeton or when he was stopped by the police?

What was his state when he was pulled over? Surely the officer must recall, no?

I'm fashioning a timeline for John, as we currently know it...

Feb 11 @ 12:30pm - seen leaving work in Philadelphia, PA.

Feb 11 @ 2:30pm - seen in ShopRite (on video) in Bridgeton, NJ.

Feb 11 @ 9:30pm - pulled over by local police in Buena Borough, NJ.

Feb 14 - car found abandoned in Green Bank, NJ near the entrance to Wharton State Forest.

Feb 23 - stained clothes found on the bank of the Mullica River near Green Bank, NJ.

Philly to Bridgeton = 50 miles due S
Bridgeton to Buena Borough = 21 miles ENE
Buena Borough to Green Bank = 24 miles ENE
Green Bank to Mullica River = <1 mile SSW

It's a straight shot (kind of) down to Bridgeton from Manayunk. And it's pretty much a straight shot from there over to where his car was found. So, why Bridgeton? And, as Scarlet asked, what did he buy at the ShopRite? If the final destination was intentionally the forest, why would he go "out of the way" to Bridgeton instead of stopping at any grocery store along the way?

He spent 6-7 hours in Bridgeton? He was not shopping that long. Where else was he?

I do not feel good at all.What were the clothes stained with..blood? Also why were the clothes left there or did they float there?
Why are they now reporting he was pulled over at 9:30pm?I know his cousin posted his car was found abandoned at 4pm on the 14th. If it is true what officer Jones says it's not suspicious he left the car.* edit* Was told that line was removed from article about it not being suspicious. Yet is that was he said or did the reporter get it wrong?* Then did he meet someone in Bridgeton and then go to the park to camp out or hang out with this person?
I know no other person is mentioned, and I really do not know if Bridgeton has anything to offer that someone could do for 6hrs.
It's not confirmed it's John's clothes yet.

(snip)
I personally know John. My brother was one of his best friends growing up, but when my brother got his city job he kind of lost touch with John an I did too, as in we both didn't hang out with him much...(snip)...but he's my neighbor and I still consider him a friend.

Does anyone know how to get an update about John? I am not finding anything on the progress of the search for him and all the news articles are at least 4 days old.

Scarlet and Rocky...

A long over due...

:welcome:

Thanks for joining WS. I hope John's found safe and sound soon.

An interesting add to your timeline - had vehicle serviced Feb. 10th in Manayunk, PA, possibly preparing for a trip somewhere? When the vehicle was last inspected on 9/10/2015 it had 215,440 miles on it, when serviced on Feb. 10th there were only 4 more miles recorded, 215,444, so he wasn't actively using it until that point? Which is completely possible in Manayunk, you can walk or take public transportation to anywhere. Which makes me think even more that he was planning a trip somewhere by car. (I have a carfax subscription and ran the license plate, that's how I saw the info.)

I'm fashioning a timeline for John, as we currently know it...

Feb 14 - car found abandoned in Green Bank, NJ near the entrance to Wharton State Forest.

Feb 23 - stained clothes found on the bank of the Mullica River near Green Bank, NJ.

It's a straight shot (kind of) down to Bridgeton from Manayunk. And it's pretty much a straight shot from there over to where his car was found. So, why Bridgeton? And, as Scarlet asked, what did he buy at the ShopRite? If the final destination was intentionally the forest, why would he go "out of the way" to Bridgeton instead of stopping at any grocery store along the way?

An interesting add to your timeline - had vehicle serviced Feb. 10th in Manayunk, PA, possibly preparing for a trip somewhere? When the vehicle was last inspected on 9/10/2015 it had 215,440 miles on it, when serviced on Feb. 10th there were only 4 more miles recorded, 215,444, so he wasn't actively using it until that point? Which is completely possible in Manayunk, you can walk or take public transportation to anywhere. Which makes me think even more that he was planning a trip somewhere by car. (I have a carfax subscription and ran the license plate, that's how I saw the info.)

Thanks for looking that information up, binkie. Maybe he was preparing for a trip but maybe the darn 20+ year old car needed some servicing! However, they didn't catch the broken headlight in that servicing did they? Maybe it was just an oil change? A quick in and out? Does Carfax indicate what was fixed? I'd guess not. Hmmm, I wonder what the mileage read on the odometer when the vehicle was found on 2/14?

We don't know yet that state of the car when found do we? Was it operational or had it gone kaput? I'm guessing it was still operational and it was intentionally parked at the Green Bank station. By whom? Most likely by John, right? Nothing yet has surfaced indicating anything amiss except for the biggest thing of all...John's missing.

Timeline

Sep 10 2015 - car inspected (214,440 miles)

Feb 10 - car serviced (214,444 miles)

Feb 14 @ 4:30pm - his car found abandoned in Green Bank, NJ near the entrance to Wharton State Forest.

Feb 23 - stained clothes (unknown owner) found on the bank of the Mullica River near Green Bank, NJ.

It's a straight shot (kind of) down to Bridgeton from Manayunk. And it's pretty much a straight shot from there over to where his car was found.

Thanks for looking that information up, binkie. Maybe he was preparing for a trip but maybe the darn 20+ year old car needed some servicing! However, they didn't catch the broken headlight in that servicing did they? Maybe it was just an oil change? A quick in and out? Does Carfax indicate what was fixed? I'd guess not. Hmmm, I wonder what the mileage read on the odometer when the vehicle was found on 2/14?

We don't know yet that state of the car when found do we? Was it operational or had it gone kaput? I'm guessing it was still operational and it was intentionally parked at the Green Bank station. By whom? Most likely by John, right? Nothing yet has surfaced indicating anything amiss except for the biggest thing of all...John's missing.

Great thought about the headlight being missed/overlooked or happening after the fact! Usually dealerships have detailed info. on what was done, but since this was a local shop the description only reads "Maintenance inspection completed."

Great thought about the headlight being missed/overlooked or happening after the fact! Usually dealerships have detailed info. on what was done, but since this was a local shop the description only reads "Maintenance inspection completed."

Sounds like a routine check to me (based on that nondescript description). But, why would one get a maintenance inspection on their car if they have only driven 4 miles in 6 months? That was your point to start with! Now that seems really odd to me. My car is 10 years old and, while I get it serviced regularly, it's usually every 10,000 miles or so.

Interesting thought about the headlight being damaged AFTER the servicing.

Darn it, John, where are you?!

Sounds like a routine check to me (based on that nondescript description). But, why would one get a maintenance inspection on their car if they have only driven 4 miles in 6 months? Okay, now that seems really odd to me. My car is 10 years old and, while I get it serviced regularly, it's usually every 10,000 miles or so.

Interesting thought about the headlight being damaged AFTER the servicing.

Darn it, John, where are you?!

My first thought would be that if the car sat for almost 6 months, especially over the winter and having 23" of snow on Jan. 23rd with the blizzard, a 1995 car might not be too willing to start or warm up normally. Hence the trip over to the service station for a quick check-up before a trip, which leads me to believe he was planning on going somewhere more than a few miles away.

Was he selling the car to someone in Bridgeton? Why else would he go out of the way to there?

Who drives a car 4 miles in 6 months? Why own it? Obviously he did not need it.

DUI offense maybe? Maybe he was not allowed to drive it.

My first thought would be that if the car sat for almost 6 months, especially over the winter and having 23" of snow on Jan. 23rd with the blizzard, a 1995 car might not be too willing to start or warm up normally. Hence the trip over to the service station for a quick check-up before a trip, which leads me to believe he was planning on going somewhere more than a few miles away.

PA requires inspection every year. Maybe he was due.

PA requires inspection every year. Maybe he was due.

The Carfax report binkie referred to upthread showed that John had his car "inspected" in September of 2015 so he's not due for another inspection for another 6 months.

If he was selling his car in Bridgeton, how was he getting back home? So maybe that rules that out.

So, if John had no car for 6 months, how does he go to Bridgeton from Manayunk if it is a regular, familiar stop? Or was it a one time stop?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back