DCF Shelter Hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DCF's Allain said that the girls had been home-schooled but that the current care-givers have time issues that could prevent them from offering full-time home-schooling or tutoring. Additionally, Mark Sievers wants to have them enrolled in school." "She added that the DCF was looking to use a tutor."
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...ls-decided-court-sheltering-hearing/81101066/

BBM. Sorry for rehashing - does this mean MS wants the girls enrolled in public/traditional school, or enrolled in private/homeschool tutoring? IMO MS is in support of enrolling the girls in public school.

There was a tense moment this summer when Dawn Tottenham visited her brother-in-law Mark Sievers in Bonita Springs.

"You know, the girls aren't convinced that you think I'm innocent," Sievers told Tottenham, referring to his daughters J and C, then 11 and 8.

"Mark, I don't," Tottenham said. She suspected Sievers had a hand in killing her sister Teresa Sievers in June, but knew she must maintain friendly relations if she hoped to see her nieces. "Right now you're Mark, J and C's dad, and you're family."
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...nday-custody-hearing-2cc6833e--370384031.html

Wow! Forgive me if this was posted and I missed it.

My take on the preference for homeschooling over attending school was because their current situation is temporary. Since the girls are accustomed to homeschooling, this would be most comfortable for them now. If they enroll in a public or private school now, they may soon have to change schools depending on where they'll be living, even if it's in the same county.

My take on the preference for homeschooling over attending school was because their current situation is temporary. Since the girls are accustomed to homeschooling, this would be most comfortable for them now. If they enroll in a public or private school now, they may soon have to change schools depending on where they'll be living, even if it's in the same county.

I agree. Wait till they have transitioned permanently, in a stable environment (hopefully with TS' family) then a public school should be introduced. I don't understand why MS would NOW want them in public schools.... or, is it just to keep
them with the current guardian. Gee, no regard for what would be best for the girls, but why should that surprise me? He took their mother away.

I guess Mark should inform Mr Hollander of the fact that the children apparently know their mother was murdered and their father is suspected if he was saying this to one of Teresa's family members last summer!

If they do attend school then it should be in another state where the students never heard of this case. Jmo.

I don't know where else to post this, but, I had to step away sometime ago as MS was still running free and theres not one bone in my body that could or would comprehend WHY?

Now that he has been arrested and I see the turmoil going on with the girls , I'm once again going to have to step away, because, I find it absolutely beyond evil ,that once again MS has the upper hand in this and continues to have it even though he's behind bars.

Where was his mind when he decided to have the childrens mother brutally murdered?HE HAS NOT ONE BIT OF LOVE FOR the GIRLS! PERIOD!! As far as I'm concerned, he is worse than the men that actually did the killing!!

Doesn't any one in this "judicial" system understand that this "man" is VERY , VERY, dangerous to his girls and society in general.

Just look at all he did to even plan this. His mind is diseased and should get the death sentence!!

Anyone in the courts that keep saying they are looking out for the best interest of the girls, have no heart and special provisions should be made for the girls to get a fresh start North with Teresas family.

Sure it would be hard for them at first, but, lets think of what kind of life they've been living for the past 9 months.

To bring these girls in and out of courts, and all the other disruptions because their father decided he was going to have their mother murdered is anything short of torture and will have a negative effect on them for the rest of their lives and will most likely never recover.

The girls should be immediately moved North with a loving support system, where they can start having a childs life, without constantly hearing about their mothers death, and MARK SEIVERS should stop being coddled by the courts.

No one should worry right now about what school, or what kind of school, let's , let these girls mourn with people and things right now that make them happy. Give them a few months to be themselves, why even worry about a college fund right now.
I'm sure if the girls went north , that someone could arrange for them to have a tutor, take up a fund for that, how about making some exceptions for the girls and not the KILLER! Could any of us here attend any kind of school if we were in their positions, heck no, we would take leave or go hide out at a peacefull place with someone that loves us. Those girls should be told that their father does not love them, why? because that is the truth!! Why make someone believe they are loved when their most precious parent was taken from them?

I don't know where else to post this, but, I had to step away sometime ago as MS was still running free and theres not one bone in my body that could or would comprehend WHY?

Now that he has been arrested and I see the turmoil going on with the girls , I'm once again going to have to step away, because, I find it absolutely beyond evil ,that once again MS has the upper hand in this and continues to have it even though he's behind bars.

Where was his mind when he decided to have the childrens mother brutally murdered?HE HAS NOT ONE BIT OF LOVE FOR the GIRLS! PERIOD!! As far as I'm concerned, he is worse than the men that actually did the killing!!

Doesn't any one in this "judicial" system understand that this "man" is VERY , VERY, dangerous to his girls and society in general.

Just look at all he did to even plan this. His mind is diseased and should get the death sentence!!

Anyone in the courts that keep saying they are looking out for the best interest of the girls, have no heart and special provisions should be made for the girls to get a fresh start North with Teresas family.

Sure it would be hard for them at first, but, lets think of what kind of life they've been living for the past 9 months.

To bring these girls in and out of courts, and all the other disruptions because their father decided he was going to have their mother murdered is anything short of torture and will have a negative effect on them for the rest of their lives and will most likely never recover.

The girls should be immediately moved North with a loving support system, where they can start having a childs life, without constantly hearing about their mothers death, and MARK SEIVERS should stop being coddled by the courts.

No one should worry right now about what school, or what kind of school, let's , let these girls mourn with people and things right now that make them happy. Give them a few months to be themselves, why even worry about a college fund right now.
I'm sure if the girls went north , that someone could arrange for them to have a tutor, take up a fund for that, how about making some exceptions for the girls and not the KILLER! Could any of us here attend any kind of school if we were in their positions, heck no, we would take leave or go hide out at a peacefull place with someone that loves us. Those girls should be told that their father does not love them, why? because that is the truth!! Why make someone believe they are loved when their most precious parent was taken from them?
Word!!!

Hoping that both families work together for the girls. Whoever gets custody needs to put their differences aside and get along . So much healing for everyone . AL sure showed a class act at the hearing through her statements. Watching BS walk to the elevator in the news clip was sad. Obvious she's in emotional pain. Her son used her. So sad.

Hoping that both families work together for the girls. Whoever gets custody needs to put their differences aside and get along . So much healing for everyone . AL sure showed a class act at the hearing through her statements. Watching BS walk to the elevator in the news clip was sad. Obvious she's in emotional pain. Her son used her. So sad.

It was nice to see, that both families were sitting in the same row. Good too, that LS and GS were both hugging AL and DB! That really puts an end to all allegations aimed at LS/GS possibly playing a part in all this - for me. Yes, they are all victims, especially BS. Sad indeed.

How is the weather in Oregon?

-Nin

It was nice to see, that both families were sitting in the same row. Good too, that LS and GS were both hugging AL and DB! That really puts an end to all allegations aimed at LS/GS possibly playing a part in all this - for me. Yes, they are all victims, especially BS. Sad indeed.

How is the weather in Oregon?

-Nin

Pacific Northwest is always rainy! Mild winter. Last week in the high 60s , back to the low 50s with rain. Don't miss the winters in Boston! Hope to head back to FL for summer vacation in Key West!

Has BS stayed quiet through all this? Haven't read any articles regarding her. We don't get much east coast news here.....

I feel awful for BS and all the other innocent people who tried to love Mark.

I feel awful for BS and all the other innocent people who tried to love Mark.

Hopefully they will all come together, put any differences aside, and work together to do what is best for the children.

I despise Mark Sievers but those little girls love him, he is their father and 50% of their DNA is from him... They are half him.

Mark was not always a narcissist or the monster we know him to be today. I don't know exactly what factors were at play in creating the beast that Mark became but I do not think he was born that way.

Moving forward I have to believe that there were good things Teresa saw in him and that those good qualities were passed on in his 50% of the DNA. I really hope when the reality of what he has done to those precious and innocent little girls... If there is any good left inside him- that he will plead guilty and spare them any further harm to the memory of their mother. What he does moving forward will show weather or not he truly loves his darling girls and feels ANY remorse for his horrific actions.

No matter what he chooses I hope the people who love him can come to terms with the reality of who he really is- not who they used to know or the facade he has portrayed for so long.

I hope I am dead wrong about how I think he will handle things.

I hope I was wrong about LS and her feelings and intentions towards Teresa. I can admit when I'm wrong, and I will be relieved if I am. I want nothing more then to know that the other people Teresa surrounded herself with in her unbeknownst last years of life- adored her and wanted nothing but good things for her.

I am comforted in the thought that Teresa has and will continue to touch so many people's lives in such a positive way- that she herself overcame some difficult experiences to help so many others find well being, health, be given a chance to change or a leg up to aim higher, be better or get well.

Thank you to everyone here who want nothing more than the truth and justice for all victims of oppression and crime- unfortunately Teresa was not alone in her circumstance and if just one woman (or man) reading here determines they are in a similar circumstance but find the courage to get away before a similar fate befalls them then that is the good that can come out of a terrible tragedy like Teresa's!

Praying that the collective love from others can help Mark do the first right thing of many he can do to protect and save his beautiful daughters from even more future harm as determined by his actions.

Praying hard today- Frigga

The DCF's Allain said that the girls had been home-schooled but that the current care-givers have time issues that could prevent them from offering full-time home-schooling or tutoring. Additionally, Mark Sievers wants to have them enrolled in school." "She added that the DCF was looking to use a tutor."
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...ls-decided-court-sheltering-hearing/81101066/

BBM. Sorry for rehashing - does this mean MS wants the girls enrolled in public/traditional school, or enrolled in private/homeschool tutoring? IMO MS is in support of enrolling the girls in public school.

If the current care-givers have time issues that could prevent them from offering full-time home-schooling or tutoring, then who is watching the girls during the day now?

If the current care-givers have time issues that could prevent them from offering full-time home-schooling or tutoring, then who is watching the girls during the day now?

Probably one of them took some time off . Sounds like they need both incomes which is why they wanted to enroll them in public school. When It was stated that MS approved of the public school idea, I got the feeling that he wanted them to like it so in the future that would be a stand for the girls to be based in the current area. More in his power to keep the girls in the state. Stability can be a big factor in court cases.

Hopefully they will all come together, put any differences aside, and work together to do what is best for the children.

I despise Mark Sievers but those little girls love him, he is their father and 50% of their DNA is from him... They are half him.

Mark was not always a narcissist or the monster we know him to be today. I don't know exactly what factors were at play in creating the beast that Mark became but I do not think he was born that way.

Moving forward I have to believe that there were good things Teresa saw in him and that those good qualities were passed on in his 50% of the DNA. I really hope when the reality of what he has done to those precious and innocent little girls... If there is any good left inside him- that he will plead guilty and spare them any further harm to the memory of their mother. What he does moving forward will show weather or not he truly loves his darling girls and feels ANY remorse for his horrific actions.

No matter what he chooses I hope the people who love him can come to terms with the reality of who he really is- not who they used to know or the facade he has portrayed for so long.

I hope I was wrong about LS and her feelings and intentions towards Teresa. I can admit when I'm wrong, and I will be relieved if I am. I want nothing more then to know that the other people Teresa surrounded herself with in her unbeknownst last years of life- adored her and wanted nothing but good things for her.

I am comforted in the thought that Teresa has and will continue to touch so many people's lives in such a positive way- that she herself overcame some difficult experiences to help so many others find well being, health, be given a chance to change or a leg up to aim higher, be better or get well.

Thank you to everyone here who want nothing more than the truth and justice for all victims of oppression and crime- unfortunately Teresa was not alone in her circumstance and if just one woman (or man) reading here determines they are in a similar circumstance but find the courage to get away before a similar fate befalls them then that is the good that can come out of a terrible tragedy like Teresa's!

Praying that the collective love from others can help Mark do the first right thing of many he can do to protect and save his beautiful daughters from even more future harm as determined by his actions.

I think it is DNA. I'm not blaming BS either. I really don't see MS ever asking for forgiveness. At some pt he did love TS, but this whole case is full of dysfunction which is really sad. I'm sure he loves the girls but he just wanted it all solo. Not going to investigate his past childhood, but something must have made him crack.

I was out driving around this morning in my new state we just moved to (CO), I had no screaming babies, no husband wanting to listen to the radio, just me and my coffee. Freaking HEAVEN, guys. Anyway, I spent a lot of that time thinking about those girls. I think it's good for them that they get to talk to Mark. Yeah, I know he's going to say a lot of B.S. and probably will confuse them at best, hurt them at worst. But - It would be cruel to them, the girls, screw Mark, to rip their dad out of their lives. It's kind of like getting into a too cold swimming pool, you have to ease into it. I think eventually they will get to a point, maybe, where they decide "OK, I do or don't want to have anything to do with him." I think the decision for them to have contact with MS was more in their interest than MS's. I think in the end it will be a good thing. Those poor babies.

I was out driving around this morning in my new state we just moved to (CO), I had no screaming babies, no husband wanting to listen to the radio, just me and my coffee. Freaking HEAVEN, guys. Anyway, I spent a lot of that time thinking about those girls. I think it's good for them that they get to talk to Mark. Yeah, I know he's going to say a lot of B.S. and probably will confuse them at best, hurt them at worst. But - It would be cruel to them, the girls, screw Mark, to rip their dad out of their lives. It's kind of like getting into a too cold swimming pool, you have to ease into it. I think eventually they will get to a point, maybe, where they decide "OK, I do or don't want to have anything to do with him." I think the decision for them to have contact with MS was more in their interest than MS's. I think in the end it will be a good thing. Those poor babies.

I think easing them from MS is a good idea also. He is their link to what used to be a normal life for them. Whatever MS is or isn't, he is who they know as dad. With DCF involved, hopefully the girls are getting to express their thoughts and fears to a "neutral" party.

I would imagine these two young girls have a lot of questions that hopefully are being answered honestly. My concern is that If they are constantly being told that their dad would never do anything to hurt their mother; that he was not involved in any way blah blah blah, these girls are going to have even greater trust issues.

Needless to say, I would not doubt that MS has told them a lot of untruths about TS family and friends, essentially poisoning the well.

:heartbeat:
beautiful post Frigga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads